PDA

View Full Version : Which veteran on the Rangers will under achieve in 2008-09 season?

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Which veteran on the Rangers will under achieve in 2008-09 season?

LetsGoRangers
08-15-2008, 09:38 AM
My guess would be Chris Drury. Of course that depends on what expectations you put on each veteran though...

If you expect Chris Drury to put up Jagr-like numbers, and carry more of the offensive burden, then there is no doubt he is your underachiever. Chris Drury's stat sheet SHINED in Buffalo because he was on a first-line PP unit that was INSANELY productive. Truth is, he will be playing on the second line with Prucha, Dawes, and/or Sjostrom as his wingers. Nothing against those guys... but let's just say it will be tough seeing Drury put up 70+ points this year.

Second most likely underachiever is undoubtedly Naslund. His signing has both tremendous upside, but an even larger downside. It is quite possible his age will slow him down, and make him virtually invisible to linemates Nikky Zherdev, and Scott Gomez. However, being on the first line, and most likely the 1st PP unit, it is very possible for Naslund to put up 70+ points with those linemates.

letsgorangers27
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
naslund/redden/or rosival. all 3 signed big deals. people are sayign that they expect nasludn to walk in and replace jagr 1-2-3 but he wont. i i hope redden doesnt but i would not be suprised after a down year. and rosival is most likely to and i hope they get rid of him

CurseThis
08-26-2008, 05:56 AM
My expectations of Redden aren't high to begin with, but if we're going by what the fanbase expects then he's my pick. God help him if the crowd decides to make him the new whipping boy to replace Poti and Malik, because I doubt he'd be able to handle that.

SLY WILLIAMS
08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I guess I have higher expectations than you guys for Redden. This is a pretty talented strong player who has been a legit player for Ottawa despite a down year

redwhiteandblue
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
I would say Roszival maybe. I'm not expecting much from Redden, maybe what 35-40 points his first year. I think if he's gonna be truly productive for us, we're not going to see it right away. Roszival was almost always riding Jagr's coat tails, one way or another. When he was on the ice with Jagr he was getting a point in some way shape or form, or picking up a plus. So I think anyone expecting him to look like a 5 mil d-man might be disappointed, but I thoroughly hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not expecting more then like 30/30 from Naslund. Maybe if he plays real well 35/35. Do you guys think thats to much to hope for? (The 30/30 not 35/35)

Desert Plains
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
If we hope to challenge this year and get deep into the playoffs, we can't afford off years from anyone. The top teams get there because guys put up numbers comparable to their career levels or better.

CurseThis
08-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I would say Roszival maybe. I'm not expecting much from Redden, maybe what 35-40 points his first year. I think if he's gonna be truly productive for us, we're not going to see it right away. Roszival was almost always riding Jagr's coat tails, one way or another. When he was on the ice with Jagr he was getting a point in some way shape or form, or picking up a plus. So I think anyone expecting him to look like a 5 mil d-man might be disappointed, but I thoroughly hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not expecting more then like 30/30 from Naslund. Maybe if he plays real well 35/35. Do you guys think thats to much to hope for? (The 30/30 not 35/35)

I have the opposite feeling for Rozy. In my opinion, Jagr made Rozy worse. He rarely took that point shot and always dished it back to Jagr instead. Without Jagr, hopefully he'll be prone to shooting the puck from the point on the PP a lot more than he has in the past.

redwhiteandblue
08-28-2008, 02:14 AM
I have the opposite feeling for Rozy. In my opinion, Jagr made Rozy worse. He rarely took that point shot and always dished it back to Jagr instead. Without Jagr, hopefully he'll be prone to shooting the puck from the point on the PP a lot more than he has in the past.

I could agree, but at the same time I feel like Roszival would give it to Jagr out of desperation almost. Like everyone else, he would kinda just dish it to Jagr when all else fails. I hope we do see him shoot it though more, rather then get flustered and cough it up.

t3hg00se
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Naslund is definitely not going to disappoint, I think he's going to have one of the best seasons of his career.

mlisica19
09-01-2008, 04:23 PM
naslund will under achieve but in a way to help the team... everyone will wonder why we picked up a guy who only gets 60 points... well he does more than jus score 60 in a season, hell be a great leader on PP and regular line for any line. Hes a winger with experience in playoffs and he wants to be on the team. he wants a stanyley cup... well win games without him scoring as many as jagr use 2

redwhiteandblue
09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't know about best seasons ever, but I'm definetly more confident in what he can do now. I figured 60 was at least a safe bet for him, if he's truly working hard and ready to do what it takes, I see someone with his skill set and mindset putting up 70-75 points.