Luke Ridnour
Adrian Griffin

Oklahoma Got:
Desmond Mason
Joe Smith

How will this affect MIL, CLE & OKC?

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2008, 06:32 PM
cleveland is going 2 b really good now. b4 this; raptors & 76ers were better than cavs, now im not sure.

milwuakee, isn't going to make the playoffs again. i think they would've bin better w/o this trade.

oklahoma, no difference really. still going to suck, nothing new.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Cleveland was better then Raptors and Sixers before the trade this would just increase the gap between them.

Skins4Life
08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
cleveland is going 2 b really good now. b4 this; raptors & 76ers were better than cavs, now im not sure.

milwuakee, isn't going to make the playoffs again. i think they would've bin better w/o this trade.

oklahoma, no difference really. still going to suck, nothing new.

whoa dont kid your self... mo williams is not that good... but he is a upgrade

Joshtd1
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Very nice pickup for the Cavs. Mo Will will be pretty good with LBJ IMO, even though Joe Smith was solid for them.

jmiller26
08-13-2008, 06:40 PM
The cavs aren't done yet. This now makes d. west trade bait along with andy and wally. Look for the cavs to add another superstar

SwaggaIke
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
LeBron got his point guard. Steal of a trade for the Cavs. Z+LeBron+Williams = Hard for Eastern Conference teams to breath. What LeBron has done w/ subpar talent during his tenure w/ Cleveland has been nothing short of amazing. Watch what he does this year.

superkegger
08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Very nice pickup for the Cavs. Mo Will will be pretty good with LBJ IMO, even though Joe Smith was solid for them.

Yeah but Joe SMith is a senior citizen and they have enough bigs anyway.

I'm not sure its all that great of a pickup. While Mo is a good player, they now have 3 pgs, and they're going to play them any of them at sg some of the time, they become really small and weak defensively. Plus he's not a true PG, which is what i thought would be the best to have with Lebron.

_Sn1P3r_
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice pickup. Definitely an upgrade.

superkegger
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
The cavs aren't done yet. This now makes d. west trade bait along with andy and wally. Look for the cavs to add another superstar

who was the first superstar they added? mo williams isn't even an allstar...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
who was the first superstar they added? mo williams isn't even an allstar...

I think he was refering to Lebron. Mo Williams made Cleveland a lot better, he is pretty underrated in my opinion. I think he could be a all-star for Cleveland.

superkegger
08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I think he was refering to Lebron. Mo Williams made Cleveland a lot better, he is pretty underrated in my opinion. I think he could be a all-star for Cleveland.

Really? I think he's overrated. He's a good scorer, but a shoot first kind of guy. and if they don't move west, they have a logjam at pg. I'm not saying its not going to work, and cleveland didn't give up much for him at all, but I'm just not all that sold on mo. Maybe playing next to Lebron will work for the both of them, but for now, I'm not sold on it. Plus mo is weak defensively, very weak.

mariotubes
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM

mo williams has no shot at being an all star... lets be realistic here, hes not going to win the championship for cleveland

The Blue Baller
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Is Eric Snow a movable contract??

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
mo williams has no shot at being an all star... lets be realistic here, hes not going to win the championship for cleveland

I am pretty sure you are the one not being realistic..

Sixerlover
08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Lets not overrate Mo Williams. He is a top half of the NBA PG, which is an upgrade for them, but I doubt he's top 10 or 13 for that matter. This sounds a lot like when Miami got Ricky Davis last year, and the forum went crazy about how he is the "missing piece".. Around the same time in the year too

They are still on Eastern conference tier 2 with Orlando, Philly, and Toronto.

tonyd3b54
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
i think its a stupid trade... lebron doesnt need a great pg... hes only going to diminish williams value cuz lebron handles the ball 90% of the time...i dont see this working... 2 players who both need the ball to scorelebron obviously over rules mo...redd woulda been a better guy to go after...

MiamiHeat
08-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Cleveland obviously benefits the most

jtrinaldi
08-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Moe my next door neighbor has just been traded sad to see the moving truck in the driveway

Ph1lly Diehard
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Cleveland was better then Raptors and Sixers before the trade this would just increase the gap between them.

No way in hell your better then either of the teams you just mentioned. Outside of Lebron who do you guys have to help the scoring load? Mo williams is now your 2nd option, and that is just pathetic. Don't get me wrong, it was a good pickup, but he wouldn't even be a 3rd option on either the Raptors OR the 76ers.

If you think having 1 superstar on your team is going to win you a title your so wrong.

futureman
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
what are the bucks thinking? They had a killer lineup on paper for the beginning of the season and now i'm not so sure.

MiamiHeat
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
what are the bucks thinking? They had a killer lineup on paper for the beginning of the season and now i'm not so sure.

i think they just did it to get Ramon Sessions more playing time and move on with him

superkegger
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Lets not overrate Mo Williams. He is a top half of the NBA PG, which is an upgrade for them, but I doubt he's top 10 or 13 for that matter. This sounds a lot like when Miami got Ricky Davis last year, and the forum went crazy about how he is the "missing piece".. Around the same time in the year too

They are still on Eastern conference tier 2 with Orlando, Philly, and Toronto.

Yeah, thats a good point. Though Ricky Davis did lead Miami in like almost every statistical category last year...not that that means anything. But it's not a bad trade since they gave up pretty much nothing, but I agree, I just don't see it making them all that much better.

i think its a stupid trade... lebron doesnt need a great pg... hes only going to diminish williams value cuz lebron handles the ball 90% of the time...i dont see this working... 2 players who both need the ball to scorelebron obviously over rules mo...redd woulda been a better guy to go after...

Agreed, but they would of had to part with something more to get redd, which is something they don't have. But mo is a shooter, and that will help Lebron, because mo all around is better than boobie. They need to make another move though. Wally, snow, varejao and west are expendable parts that could potentially wrangle something decent.

superkegger
08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
i think they just did it to get Ramon Sessions more playing time and move on with him

That and they don't need Mo really. He is not a type of player Skiles wants. They need more defensive guys and the like. Mo was an all offense kind of player and just doesn't fit skiles system. Ridnour gives them a guy, who when he wasn't injured and got burn was a pass first pg, which is what the bucks need to pair with RJ and Redd. I'm not sold on sessions as he had 10 good games at the end of the year, but the bucks lose mo's long expensive contract, so that's a good move.

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Cleveland will only face problems with boston. They almost beat them last year. Posey is gone while mo is here. Cleveland can beat any other eastern conference team now.

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Cleveland. Gives them another scorer to help out Lebron

BurnsinPhilly
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Just wanted to vote for OKC. Thats all.

Reezy
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not so sure this helped anybody.

Nick D.
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Milwaukee got robbed. They downgraded at guard and SF and got nothing that good back. Morons.

Boozerguy47
08-13-2008, 08:30 PM
The Bucks got zero in return. I have no idea why they would do this.

With Williams in the backcourt with Redd and Jefferson at SF, that is a very solid group of guys right there. This just makes the Jefferson trade seem even more worthless.

Overall, the Cavs will benefit a lot from this.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 08:35 PM
No way in hell your better then either of the teams you just mentioned. Outside of Lebron who do you guys have to help the scoring load? Mo williams is now your 2nd option, and that is just pathetic. Don't get me wrong, it was a good pickup, but he wouldn't even be a 3rd option on either the Raptors OR the 76ers.

If you think having 1 superstar on your team is going to win you a title your so wrong.

Okay, because we have LeBron simple as that..

What have the Raptors done to prove me wrong trade for a guy who misses 20+ games.

What have the Sixers done to prove me wrong? They still don't have a LeBron type player on the team. Andre Iggy is a good scorer, and Brand is a good big man, but neither of them are superstars.

That is why I say Cavaliers are better and now they are a lot better. Mo is all LeBron needs out of a second option, you will see..

That doesn't take away the fact Cavaliers still have two very attractive expiring contracts who could land another good player.

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 08:43 PM

What have the Raptors done to prove me wrong trade for a guy who misses 20+ games.

What have the Sixers done to prove me wrong? They still don't have a LeBron type player on the team. Andre Iggy is a good scorer, and Brand is a good big man, but neither of them are superstars.

That is why I say Cavaliers are better and now they are a lot better. Mo is all LeBron needs out of a second option, you will see..

That doesn't take away the fact Cavaliers still have two very attractive expiring contracts who could land another good player.

I agree with you my friend, I am not a cavs fan! But i do respect this move they made. I also think the league will be overall better now that Lebron finally has help. You made good points. I see your team coming out of the east if they can beat boston. Detroit can no longer beat cavs and philly cant either. Raptors dont have a shot either. Good pick up for your team

LakerzDQ
08-13-2008, 08:43 PM
bucks are ********

goku
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
this was good move but are they contenders no but they are a playoff team

KmB728
08-13-2008, 08:50 PM
i think we are over hyping Mo will just a lil bit here.... dont get me wrong hes a good player, but is far from being a superstar

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 08:54 PM
i think we are over hyping Mo will just a lil bit here.... dont get me wrong hes a good player, but is far from being a superstar

hes not a superstar but is what a wade or Lebron needs. Fire Power! A stud! Boston would love to have this guy as well. Hes a spark plug! hes not a top5 pg but he is a top 10 easily and thats all lebron needed. Somebody who is among the best at his position rather than a sub par guy! Thats why this is so exciting

SwaggaIke
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't think we're over hyping Williams. I think most of this thread is underrating James' ability to mesh well w/ talent. That man has the ability to make just about any player in the game better.

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Agreed !!!!! Mo williams is really good so he will be that much better

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Mo is a solid player, the guy averaged 17ppg on 48fg%. Say what you want about him not being a true PG, since when have the Cavaliers needed that?

We tried Eric Snow, we tried West. West did well, but the Cavaliers didn't get to the promise land with either, so what do you do change what you have tried for the past years.

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Mo is a solid player, the guy averaged 17ppg on 48fg%. Say what you want about him not being a true PG, since when has the Cavaliers needed that?

We tried Eric Snow, we tried West. West did well, but the Cavaliers didn't get to the promise land with either, so what do you do change what you have tried for the past years.

Well spoken

Ph1lly Diehard
08-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Are you serious....?

Brand is a star.. Not a superstar, but a star. He is top 5 at his position no doubt about it.

Iggy hasn't even reached his prime yet, so noone can say if he's a star or not.

Andre Miller is a shitload better then Mo williams, there isn't even any comparison.

Please tell me, who will be guarding Andre Miller? Mo Williams? Wow, what a joke.

Who will be guarding Elton Brand? Varajao? Wow.. Just wow..

Dalambert is way to athletic for llagauskas..

Lebron is definitally better then Iggy, but Iggy is a great defender.

This isn't counting our bench is alot better then yours too..

Please tell me who you guys are better then us, please.

Anthony Flores
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Now Milwakee is'nt going to be as good great another way the cavs can beat the wiz:cry:

daleja424
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
This makes Cleveland the 4th best team in teh east IMO... I had them like 6-7 before...behind Toronto and Orlando

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Are you serious....?

Brand is a star.. Not a superstar, but a star. He is top 5 at his position no doubt about it.

Iggy hasn't even reached his prime yet, so noone can say if he's a star or not.

Andre Miller is a shitload better then Mo williams, there isn't even any comparison.

Please tell me, who will be guarding Andre Miller? Mo Williams? Wow, what a joke.

Who will be guarding Elton Brand? Varajao? Wow.. Just wow..

Dalambert is way to athletic for llagauskas..

Lebron is definitally better then Iggy, but Iggy is a great defender.

This isn't counting our bench is alot better then yours too..

Please tell me who you guys are better then us, please.

LeBron will destroy you simple as that.. Do I have to say anymore?

Not to mention Williams could get better playing with LeBron.

I feel perfectly fine with our front-court being able to hold Brand to his 20ppg and wow Dalembert will get his 8-10ppg.

LeBron is better then anyone on your team.
You have no one who can shoot three's, which is a pretty important dimension in the game of basketball.
Whatever though we are both being big time homers so this disagreement will never end. I don't feel like arguing about this topic lets just let the season play out.

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I didn't realize that Mo Williams averaged 17 and 6 last year.

:speechless:

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
LeBron will destroy you simple as that.. Do I have to say anymore?

Not to mention Williams could get better playing with LeBron.

I feel perfectly fine with our front-court being able to hold Brand to his 20ppg and wow Dalembert will get his 8-10ppg.

LeBron is better then anyone on your team.
You have no one who can shoot three's, which is a pretty important dimension in the game of basketball.
Whatever though we are both being big time homers so this disagreement will never end. I don't feel like arguing about this topic lets just let the season play out.

Dude in most cases everybody is gonna pull for there team. Sixers might have a better recoed and or higher seed, BUT they cant beat Lebron in a 7 game series and thats all that matters

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:22 PM

2 years in a row with 17ppg.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Dude in most cases everybody is gonna pull for there team. Sixers might have a better recoed and or higher seed, BUT they cant beat Lebron in a 7 game series and thats all that matters

Even if that's the case usually the better team wins in a 7 game series.

I agree Sixers would get handled in a 7 game series.

Simpson4Heisman
I like Milwaukee's move as many people wouldn't I see some positives. They get a three point threat with Jones and Luke Ridinour, whose career I don't think is quite over. Got to love Cleveland getting Maurice though, although I 'm still sure he's not the answer and enough to help Lebron James. Sorry Cav fans you guys have a couple more years till he high tells it out to a team that can get him a championship or hell at least a decent supporting cast.

Lakersfan2483
Great pickup for the Cavs, a definite upgrade.

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Great pickup for the Cavs, a definite upgrade.

I agree it might be Lebron Vs Kobe in the finals

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I like Milwaukee's move as many people wouldn't I see some positives. They get a three point threat with Jones and Luke Ridinour, whose career I don't think is quite over. Got to love Cleveland getting Maurice though, although I 'm still sure he's not the answer and enough to help Lebron James. Sorry Cav fans you guys have a couple more years till he high tells it out to a team that can get him a championship or hell at least a decent supporting cast.

Trust me more moves are to come.

We have two expiring contracts both fairly attractive, one very attractive.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I agree it might be Lebron Vs Kobe in the finals

Lets not over do it. The Celtics still are the champs. They still have a very very good team.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Even if that's the case usually the better team wins in a 7 game series.

I agree Sixers would get handled in a 7 game series.

Wow, I really can't believe this..

I need to see if other people agree with you on this one, because I don't see this..

You can't just look at 1 player, no matter how good.

You have to look at matchups, and clearly the 76ers will just run the Cavaliers out..

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Wow, I really can't believe this..

I need to see if other people agree with you on this one, because I don't see this..

You can't just look at 1 player, no matter how good.

You have to look at matchups, and clearly the 76ers will just run the Cavaliers out..

What happened last year Vs. the Celtics?

What happened the other year against the Pistons?

Ph1lly Diehard
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
What happened last year Vs. the Celtics?

What happened the other year against the Pistons?

Both are horrible arguements.

The Hawks took them to game 7 last year, and they were abit above average team..

And the Cavaliers did win that series, one of the best playoff series, but they got KILLED by the Spurs.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Both are horrible arguements.

The Hawks took them to game 7 last year, and they were abit above average team..

And the Cavaliers did win that series, one of the best playoff series, but they got KILLED by the Spurs.

The fact is, one player took the Celtics to 7, and the pistons had a good lineup better then the Sixers have now and he single handling beat them.

Brand can't do that and as far as we know at this point of Iggy's career he can't either.

The Sixers are still a good team don't get me wrong I honestly think LeBron is good enough to beat them in a 7 game series. Williams is a big help to that too now.

Again lets just stop arguing its off-topic and we are just representing our home teams of course we aren't going to give in.
Is that cool?

HiphopRelated
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I understand the move for Milwaukee.

Ridnour was the starting pg on the 50 win Sonics a few years back with similar personnel to what they have now.

with Redd/RJ against Ray/Rashard on the wings, and now Bogut in the middle

phillyphan4ever
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
definitely cleveland since theyre the only team that will contend

cle12152433
08-13-2008, 10:48 PM
3 way deal. MIL/CLE/OKC

Clevland Got:
Mo Williams

Milwaukee Got:
Damon Jones
Luke Ridnour
Adrian Griffin

Oklahoma Got:
Desmond Mason
Joe Smith

How will this affect MIL, CLE & OKC?

good **** for cleveland

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Boston and cleveland conference finals

lakerboy
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Very good pick up for Cavs.

I think OKC could have gotten more for Ridnour.

Lebron23
08-13-2008, 11:23 PM

He is one of the most underrated player in the Eastern Conference, and I think he can help the Cavaliers in beating the Celtics in the playoffs.

The Celtics beat the Cavs by less than 5 points in Game 7 ( 2nd round of the 2008 playoffs)

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Agreed. Just because those two teams made sexy moves this offseason doesn't mean that they passed the Cavs. But I think it is now very clear that they haven't.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Agreed. Just because those two teams made sexy moves this offseason doesn't mean that they passed the Cavs. But I think it is now very clear that they haven't.

Yea the Brand trade was a lot better then the O'neal. Still neither team has proven to me they are better.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Boston and cleveland conference finals

I can agree with that.:D:clap:

lakersrock
08-13-2008, 11:36 PM
OKC.

They get two defensive players and both are expiring. This was a GREAT trade for them. I can't wait to get my Mason jersey. He was a favorite in Stillwater and now in OKC as well.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Only 6 players average 17ppg (or better) 6 assists (or better) 3.5r rebounds (or better).
-Andre Miller
-Baron Davis
-LeBron James
-Dwayne Wade
-Chris Paul
-Mo Williams

That is pretty impressive especially consider people on this forum say he isn't very good. To be with those players..You have to be doing good in something.

ARMIN12NBA
08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I very highly doubt that this experiment will work. It reminds me too much of the Lebron-Hughes pairing and that worked out awfully. When Hughes teamed with Lebron, he became a much worse player and couldn't fit in the system. The system is Lebron dribbles, dribbles, and drives with numerous pick and rolls. Hughes was a high volume scorer, but couldn't team with Lebron because he was the type of player that needed to be in a passing system where he would handle the ball a lot. Lebron hindered Hughes' ability by dribbling too much (a product of Mike Browns inability to be an even average offensive coach), which is the reason many guards do not work too well with Lebron (Davis, Hughes, etc.) unless they are purely spot up shooters. Mo Williams reminds me a lot of Larry Hughes in that he needs the ball to be effective, but Lebron (and Mike Brown) will not allow him to do that.

kvrnm
08-14-2008, 12:32 AM
i think cleveland needed a shooter more then anything...... that said, this trade should definetly help a pretty poor offensive team, cus cleveland can flat out D up, with a guy in williams who can take some of the scoring pressures off of lebron this should definetly put them in a good position, right there whith boston.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I very highly doubt that this experiment will work. It reminds me too much of the Lebron-Hughes pairing and that worked out awfully. When Hughes teamed with Lebron, he became a much worse player and couldn't fit in the system. The system is Lebron dribbles, dribbles, and drives with numerous pick and rolls. Hughes was a high volume scorer, but couldn't team with Lebron because he was the type of player that needed to be in a passing system where he would handle the ball a lot. Lebron hindered Hughes' ability by dribbling too much (a product of Mike Browns inability to be an even average offensive coach), which is the reason many guards do not work too well with Lebron (Davis, Hughes, etc.) unless they are purely spot up shooters. Mo Williams reminds me a lot of Larry Hughes in that he needs the ball to be effective, but Lebron (and Mike Brown) will not allow him to do that.

Mo Williams and Larry Hughes are totally different.

Williams is a lot better of a offensive threat where Hughes was more of a product of a system before Cavs got him.

Williams shoots when he wants because he is quick of the dribble while Hughes was slow to create and couldn't finish around the rim.

Nets fan 93
08-14-2008, 12:59 AM
as much as i like the trade for CLE... OKC got some nice expirers...

CaughtInAHustle
08-14-2008, 01:02 AM
now cleveland has more salary cap hell with mo williams in the roster. he definetly doesnt deserve his salary

skyhibballpj87
08-14-2008, 01:24 AM
i like this trade for cleveland it def gives them an upgrade over delonte west. mo is not like larry hughes hes quicker shoots better and is more of pg. may not be a true pg but hes better then hughes at the pg postion, not saying there going to win a title now but it pushes them in right direction. mo is not that great of a defender true but cleveland has proven that there pretty stacked on defense holding teams like boston to 75 pts in some cases so they def needed more offense and mo helps. Its defintily a step in the right direction. and im sure cleveland will be making another move or 2 before the season starts.

IversonIsKrazy
08-14-2008, 01:29 AM
the east got a lot better this off-season. i mean the NBA has like 11 amazing teams. but east is pretty good 2 now. Its not like last year when they had like only 3 strong teams. now cavs, sixers, and raptors are strong teams.

philab
08-14-2008, 01:41 AM
This is stupid. This trade is HUGE for the Cavaliers -- not quite sure how anyone sees it different. It may not lead to anything more come playoff time than last year (although I think it will), but they are undoubtedly better.

Now, instead of two complete black holes on offense and one spot up shooter (Wally or Gibson), the Cavaliers have three legitimate scoring options. If Mo Williams can score 17 PPG in an offense that's designed around Redd, he should be able to contribute offensively with Lebron there.

What I think people fail to understand is that not only does Mo Williams' production help out, but the mere presence of another capable offensive player is almost as important. Now if other teams triple-team Lebron, he has another scoring option. OR if they decide to *only* double-team him, he'll tear everyone apart.

innovator
08-14-2008, 04:56 AM
good for all the teams

cavs get mowill
bucks get a new starting PG in ridnour

jenk2722
08-14-2008, 02:21 PM
He is one of the most underrated player in the Eastern Conference, and I think he can help the Cavaliers in beating the Celtics in the playoffs.

The Celtics beat the Cavs by less than 5 points in Game 7 ( 2nd round of the 2008 playoffs)

I hope you guys love getting those 17 ppg. while he is giving up 30 a game. Mo Will is a great offensive player, and one of the most clutch players the Bucks have had, but one of the worst on ball defenders as a PG I have seen in a long time. I'm so glad the Bucks are done with him. We were going no where fast with him running the point. He doesn't distribute the ball well, and rarely sees the openings that the elite PGs do. I would go so far as to say the LeBron is better at distributing the ball than Mo.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I hope you guys love getting those 17 ppg. while he is giving up 30 a game. Mo Will is a great offensive player, and one of the most clutch players the Bucks have had, but one of the worst on ball defenders as a PG I have seen in a long time. I'm so glad the Bucks are done with him. We were going no where fast with him running the point. He doesn't distribute the ball well, and rarely sees the openings that the elite PGs do. I would go so far as to say the LeBron is better at distributing the ball than Mo.

Well he will be getting much better help defense from: LeBron, Wallace, and Z.
So I doubt he will be giving up as many points as he did on a horrible defensive team all-around.

canzano55
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
If anybody is being a homer its you. Cleveland is by far the most overrated team in the NBA with or without Mo W.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
If anybody is being a homer its you. Cleveland is by far the most overrated team in the NBA with or without Mo W.

How so?

No one ever thinks they are going to go deep into the playoffs, they won 50 games 2 seasons in a row and it would've been 3 years if leBron didn't get hurt for 6 games and the trade didn't mess things up last year.

I think your just being anti-Cleveland, because your statement wasn't logical..

kvrnm
08-14-2008, 04:51 PM

cleveland is not overrated, come playoff time they are second only to boston in the east, because they play great defense. and great defense in the playoffs=wins. they just had bad luck to run into boston in the second round, that was the ecf to me

mitch91
08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
i dont see why people are saying that the bucks got "robbed" because skiles got wht he was looking for in a pass first point and also luke will play some sild D. of course mo was a better scorer but to be honest the bucks didnt really need mo as they have redd and jeff as the first 2 scoring options and bogut and charlie v are better when they have a pass 1st pg who can try and make baskets for them or get them better positions. but yes mo is better than luke but luke will fit better into the bucks system

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
i dont see why people are saying that the bucks got "robbed" because skiles got wht he was looking for in a pass first point and also luke will play some sild D. of course mo was a better scorer but to be honest the bucks didnt really need mo as they have redd and jeff as the first 2 scoring options and bogut and charlie v are better when they have a pass 1st pg who can try and make baskets for them or get them better positions. but yes mo is better than luke but luke will fit better into the bucks system

I agree, Williams is a better player but he just didn't fit/ he wasn't needed anymore.

wissportsfan
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I like Ridnour and I think he'll help our team. Mo wasn't really helping because he didn't want to pass to anyone.
Milwaukee - did good
Cleveland - got a steal for what they had to give up to get Mo
OC- it's all about the money

Hawkeye15
08-14-2008, 06:43 PM
whoa dont kid your self... mo williams is not that good... but he is a upgrade

agreed, and losing Smith hurts a little. But they still have Wally to dangle out there and get another piece. I don't think they are done yet. LeBron is the best player in the world, so add a few decent players around him, you have a contender

Hawkeye15
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree, Williams is a better player but he just didn't fit/ he wasn't needed anymore.

2nd that. Plus, Ridnour had a down year, but Seattle was on a youth movement. Unless Sessions is the starter from day 1, expect Luke for 10-6 every night, at least. And people are looking at Mo Williams stats. He was not a good defender at all, and is more of a Mike James from Toronto 2005 than a point guard. That being said, he can score, and now James doesn't have to dominate the ball and run 49 pick and rolls per game

Hawkeye15
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM

they were in the finals two years ago, and lost to the Champions this year. They have the best player in the world, who is just scratching his prime. Tell me again how they are overrated?? ONe of the top defenses in the game as well. I am not a big Cavs fan, they are kind of boring really, but they are a good team. Really good.

canzano55
08-15-2008, 01:16 AM
How so?

No one ever thinks they are going to go deep into the playoffs, they won 50 games 2 seasons in a row and it would've been 3 years if leBron didn't get hurt for 6 games and the trade didn't mess things up last year.
Listen to yourself: "if Lebron didn't get hurt for 6 games"; everybody gets hurt! Thats the nature of professional sports and the fact that you bank the success of the Cavs entirely on one player is bad philosophy.

The NBA is a team game and the best "teams" go far. Speaking on average the best teams tend to be the balanced ones where the onus on scoring and defending is shared throughout the team.

This whole "wishing on a messiah" ideology is a losing formula. The reality is on paper the Cavs are an incredibly unbalanced team that can't even make freethrows. They have managed to over-achieve in recent seasons but I suspect this year will be much different.