PDA

View Full Version : Official Mo Williams Trade Thread

Sports Illustrator
08-11-2008, 12:37 PM
It's been a relatively uneventful summer for the Cavaliers. All that could change if a three-team trade rumor has any substance to it. A league source said the Cavs might be pursuing Bucks point guard Mo Williams. All the details aren't known, but the Cavs, Bucks and Oklahoma City (formerly Seattle) are reportedly involved. Bucks general manager John Hammond has made it known he has no intention of parting with shooting guard Michael Redd, a longtime target of the Cavs. Perhaps Cavs general manager Danny Ferry went for the next best thing. If Williams is headed to the Cavs, however, would Delonte West be included in such a deal? He's a restricted free agent who has been a regular at Cleveland Clinic Courts for much of the summer. It wouldn't make any sense to have Williams and West on the same roster since both expects to be starters.

From News-Herald (http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt)

cameroncrazies2
08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm guessing we'd be receiving Delonte West and Chris Wilcox which I think would be a great deal for Milwaukee.

RJ24_bucks
08-11-2008, 01:51 PM
why is every1 obsessed with Wilcox? >.< hes not a deffensive player~ I would rather have Nick Collison or Wallace. Wicox isnt so good~

cameroncrazies2
08-11-2008, 02:13 PM
why is every1 obsessed with Wilcox? >.< hes not a deffensive player~ I would rather have Nick Collison or Wallace. Wicox isnt so good~

I like the idea or getting Wilcox in the deal because he fills a need and it's a low risk move. Wilcox's contract expires after this season so if things don't work out so well, we don't have a lot invested in him.

OC Knights #11
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
idk

MoJay
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't want Delonte West

POZUNO
08-11-2008, 09:02 PM
ramon sessions>delonte west

RJ24_bucks
08-12-2008, 03:05 PM
"ramon sessions>delonte west" yeah thats true. Thats why the Bucks are still thinking of making the trade. Think bout it, if west comes, sessions gets more playing time and west is more of a point guard than Williams.. that means less jacking up crazy shots. Mo Williams is best playing in an uptempo or hustle team like Cavs and Golden State. Us on the other hand, since we already have 2 really good scorers, Redd and RJ, we need someone to set up the passing and West and Sessions can really set that up. If it was Mo, it would be lotsa shots. I like this trade if it happens =)

PackCrewBuckBad
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Maybe we can get durant.

Okay, I'm dreaming :D

fabian11593
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
That would be good for the Cavs and the Bucks.

AirJordanXVIII
08-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Umm....

Mo for West and a future 1st and 2nd?

IversonIsKrazy
08-12-2008, 08:26 PM
if ur trying to get trade ideas 4 mo-will, heres 1 i would luv 2 c.

Denver Gets:
Mo-Wil
CV
D-Mase

Milwaukee Gets:
AI

PG: AI
SG: Redd
SF: R-Jeff
PF: Bogut
C: DG

That looks pretty damn dangerous.

PackCrewBuckBad
08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
i would never do that trade.
DG starting :laugh:
Bogut at PF :laugh2:

Are you serious :speechless:

cameroncrazies2
08-12-2008, 09:01 PM
According to Ric Bucher from ESPN, the proposed deal is as follows:

Milwaukee receives-
Luke Ridnour

Cleveland receives-
Mo Williams

Seattle receives-
Joe Smith

This would be a huge rip off for Milwaukee and Seattle and Cleveland would get the steal of the year. John Hammond said when he first signed on that the team may make moves for defensive and rebounding purposes that may not make sense at first, but to give it time. I don't think acquiring Ridnour addresses either of those issues and we'd be giving up our best trade bait. I was balking at the idea of acquiring Wilcox or Haslem for Mo because I didn't think that was fair trade value without a 1st round pick coming our way, but acquiring Ridnour straight up? That's a bad deal, plain and simple. I'm one of the biggest advocates for Mo to go, but I'd rather see him in a Bucks uniform and wait until the trade deadline to get a better deal for him than sell him off at the first real offer for .45 cents on the dollar.

The thing that confuses me is that, under CBA rules, this trade wouldn't work unless Cleveland uses both of it's $1.2 million trade exceptions which is highly unlikely, because Cleveland would be taking in a lot more salary (nearly $9 million per) than giving away (Joe Smith at $4.9 mill per). There HAS to be more to this deal. Seattle could get such a better deal than this especially with all the expiring contracts they have unless they plan to call the 08-09' season a wash and let it play out and all their contracts expire and win about 20 games, and get a high draft pick. That may be a better idea...they could get a top 5 draft pick, a banger inside to compliment Westbrook and Durant like Blake Griffin (comparison: Carlos Boozer), BJ Mullens (comparison: Chris Kaman), or load up with another guard like Ricky Rubio or Brandon Jennings....then they let those contracts expire and have the cash to go out and be big spenders in the summer of 09' where Carlos Boozer, Shawn Marion, Rasheed Wallace, Eddy Curry all may be free agents. That sounds all good and fine...but they just moved to Oklahoma City, what kind of owner and GM would want to call the very first season in a new city a wash? Great way to make a first impression by putting out garbage on the floor every night...at least make it look like you're trying to compete.

m2j3
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
The Cavs should definitely try to get him. It would make LeBron happy. He would have a scoring player which takes some of the load off him and he has a point guard which makes his load easier.

RJ24_bucks
08-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Man, whoever the Cavs GM is, I hate him~ he makes the most stupid offer for trades. I dont think Cavs will get Mo since the owner is stupid.. who does he think he is? Getting Mo and giving away just Joe Smith while we receive Ridnour? Just like how he tried to offer for Michael Redd, it was a stupid 1~ screw this, the trade isnt gonna happen. Cavs are just lucky they drafted Lebron.

29$JerZ
08-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't see why Milwaukee would accept this. They may want a passing Pg but they still have Ramon Sessions who is a cheaper Luke Ridnour.

MikeG33
08-13-2008, 01:35 AM
I keep hearing the names involved: Mo Williams, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Ridnour, Wilcox.

Here is a trade that seems to work all the way around.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...25~5&te=&cash=

The Bucks rid themselves of two bad Larry Harris contracts (Gadzuric mostly, Williams not terrible, but it is long) - Add a solid pass first PG and a good PF to split mins with Charlie Villanueva.

The Cavs get a solid PG/SG to compliment LBJ.

OKC gets two expiring contracts in Smith and Jones, plus a PF/C in Gadzuric that can get a chance to get some good mins and can bring energy.

Regarding the West contract dispute, I would think Cleveland would allow him to sign an offer sheet somewhere and not match, or he will go to Europe.

MikeG33
08-13-2008, 01:37 AM
I don't see why Milwaukee would accept this. They may want a passing Pg but they still have Ramon Sessions who is a cheaper Luke Ridnour.

The Bucks would add a guy like Ridnour because he is a cheaper pass first PG than Mo Williams and we free up a lot of money dumping potentially both Mo and Gadz contracts.

Thanks again Larry Harris for trying to run our team into the ground!

Brew Crew
08-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Looks like the Bucks may be getting close to this deal.

Ridnour
Redd
Jefferson
Joe Alexander or FA
Bogut

Ridnour has 2 years worth $13 million left on his contract. Getting rid of Mo actually clears up a little space.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=782633

Martz
08-13-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't know too much about the guy gotta read the article. What do others think?

Martz
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
After reading the article i feel they need to get more for Mo then him....

BlinkManJan02
08-13-2008, 01:32 PM
After reading the article i feel they need to get more for Mo then him....

I agree, but maybe Hammond and Skiles see Ridnour as a better fit with Redd and RJ. Plus we would clear cap space. It might be too crowded with Mo, Redd, and RJ. It would be nice if they could get a Center or a PF out of the deal too, or a future draft pick, instead of just Ridnour.

HouRealCoach
08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Sessions would start

sugarrayray
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
if we do this we should definitely get some kind of pick

PackCrewBuckBad
08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I know Wissportsfan is going to love this.

Talm
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Deal is done.

Enjoy Adrian Griffin and Luke Ridnour. :D

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, it seems the Cavs have found there second scorer. And they did so without giving up their largest expiring contract. This means we could be looking to make another deal during this season.

I like Mo Williams game in college & was surprised that he slid to the 2nd round.

Now we will see if he can mesh with LeBron & Z, and if he can play alongside Boobie at all.

zamudio_jorge
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM
pg sessions
sg redd
sf jefferson
pf villanueva
c bogut

i like it (thinking sessions can play like in the final games of last season)

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
pg sessions
sg redd
sf jefferson
pf villanueva
c bogut

i like it (thinking sessions can play like in the final games of last season)

They have enough scorers, they probably figured that they would be better off with a pass first PG alongside shoot-first players like Redd, Jefferson & Villanueva.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
In terms of talent the Cavs got the best end of the trade, easily.

But in terms of salary cap ramifications, they got the worst end of it.

But that's the trade off that we had to make in order to bring in a secondary scorer behind LeBron James.

OC Knights #11
08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Milwaukee receives: Damon Jones, Luke Ridnour, Adrian Griffin
Milwaukee gives up: Desmond Mason, Mo Williams
Oklahoma receives: Joe Smith, Desmond Mason
Oklahoma gives up: Luke Ridnour, Adrian Griffin
Cleveland receives: Mo Williams
Cleveland gives up: Damon Jones, Joe Smith.

While Williams, 25, will definitely be Cleveland's starting point guard, a person close to the situation said the Cavaliers still will look to re-sign West, a 6-4 combo guard who could start beside Williams in the backcourt. Milwaukee and Oklahoma City view the trade largely as a salary dump.

kingofdaburbs19
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
wow yesssss im really excited because we also got Damon Jones and im a huge fan of his i just love his swag i think its great and Ridnour will be starting without a doubt he is a pass first point guard and that what we need with Redd,RJ, and Bogut hopefully we are not done dealing and CV is on his way out as well

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
wow yesssss im really excited because we also got Damon Jones and im a huge fan of his i just love his swag i think its great and Ridnour will be starting without a doubt he is a pass first point guard and that what we need with Redd,RJ, and Bogut hopefully we are not done dealing and CV is on his way out as well

Ridnour was great a few years ago, but then lost his confidence. Hopefully this change of scenery can get him going again.

He's always among the league leaders in A/T ratio & steals. Along with Sessions, they should rack up a lot of assists playing alongside those other bigtime scorers.

sugarrayray
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
stupid ****ing trade, theres no way we should have thrown mason in there two, we just did two downgrades

sugarrayray
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
stupid move, hammond really got ripped off we definitely should have got some damn picks.....really ****ing stupid move

sugarrayray
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
come on guys this is hurtin me tell me what you all think someone please say somethin positive

sieracki24
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
I actually like the trade! Mo just pissed me off and we can't afford to keep him on the team if he is gonna be a shoot-first guard...Also, it is going to clear up salary after next season. Ridnour will be a solid PG and this will free up more time for Sessions, which is great! I really like it...the only downfall is getting rid of a good guy like Mason..but he really was beyond his prime...I like it!

rzrk12
08-13-2008, 04:47 PM
come on guys this is hurtin me tell me what you all think someone please say somethin positive

Dude, like I said in the other forum, Mo Williams is not a good point guard. Yes, he can score, but that is NOT what this organization needs.

Jefferson, Redd, and Bogut can all score. What we need is a real point guard. Hopefully Ramon Sessions is one, but if not, dumping these two salaries frees us up to find one this year or later.

Like it or not the Bucks at best would have been a 40-42 win team with Mo, Jefferson and Redd. That's just not good enough. Do you really want to settle for that?

Larry Harris ran this team's future into the ground in his term here, and Hammond is trying to clean it up.

He is thinking long term here, and I like it.

Martz
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
They're obviously dumping cap room for next season...but given up mason? come on! if i was him i would never step foot in milwaukee again. obviously this isn't a trade to really bolster our lineup. We'll see after this season in free agency how this trade really works out.

Brew Crew
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Ridnour is starting over Sessions.

Brew Crew
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow Desmond gets snaked again.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Ridnour is starting over Sessions.

At least at the beginning of his tenure.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow Desmond gets snaked again.

He isn't old, but his talent level has fallen off heavily in the past 2-3 years. He was a spare part, at this point. There is different management now, so I wouldn't consider him to have been "snaked." And with new management everyone should realize that changes will be made, and they could be a part of it.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I guess this isn't quite official yet:

Mo Williams is headed for Cleveland in a three-team trade expected to be announced later tonight, according to NBA sources. Oklahoma City will acquire Desmond Mason from the Bucks and veteran forward Joe Smith from the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oklahoma City will send point guard Luke Ridnour and Adrian Griffin to Milwaukee. To complete the deal, Milwaukee will send point guard Mo Williams to Cleveland. The Cavs are also sending Damon Jones to the Bucks.
Both Smith and Mason have expiring contracts, which will give Oklahoma City more salary cap space next summer. Ridnour's contract comes off the books in two years, whereas Cleveland will owe Williams $43 million over the next five seasons. Contrary to most speculation, Delonte West was not involved in the deal, leaving him in restricted free agency -- and with a much smaller role on the Cavs, should he be re-signed. Williams' stats shouldn't change much, as he'll still look for scoring opportunities while splitting play-making duties with LeBron. Assuming it doesn't fall through in the next couple of hours, of course.
Rotoworld.com

PackCrewBuckBad
08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
that sucks for mason...back to seattle (but moved seatttle) now.

Martz
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
that sucks for mason...back to seattle (but moved seatttle) now.

Yeah back to the franchise he started out in, to a city he (accidently thanks to hurricane katrina) use to play in when he was with another franchise he use to play for.

Silly lil twist isn't it.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
man doesnt anyone remember tj ford and damon jones throwing oops to desmond and ramon sessions could do the same thing i was hoping to keep desmond threw this trade that sucks big time

Smithy04
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm not really a big fan of this deal as of now. Mo just signed long-term with us and D-Mason was a fan favorite and loved it in Milwaukee. He brings such intensity to the game. I just liked our lineup the way that it was, but we'll see how it turns out.

Hopefully this means Sessions can step in and dominate and be our PG for many, many years considering he is sooo young still.

jtrinaldi
08-13-2008, 07:28 PM
:cry:Just Another Dorky Looking White Guy

chabodave22
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I liked the idea of starting sessions and having mo come off the bench as a scorer. We obviously didn't get as much as we gave up but it did clear up some cap. I feel bad for mason, but im sure he understands that this is a buisness and nothing personal, and lets face it, there is simply no room for him. Luke is ok, and so is Damon, and Griffen probably wont even make the team. I have faith in what hammond is doing, but as of right now with that trade, i just don't know. I am excited though to see what Ramon can do, because he will be the starter at some point in the season.

Samsin
08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Ridnour - Horrible Defender, good true PG
Griffin - Upgrade over Mason at this point. Good defender
Jones - A guy they can turn to at the end of games when the young players struggle. Could he just be getting his contract bought out though? Log jam at the guard spot

Samsin
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Griffin is also another Skiles guy from Chicago. He'll be on the team

cameroncrazies2
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I have no qualms about this trade, really. Luke Ridnour has played under horrible conditions his entire career. He was bagged on by every coach and GM that ever had anything to do with the Supersonics and that WAS a coincidence. He needs a little confidence boost and I could see this being it. I remember back in I believe it was either 04 or 06' Ridnour was fighting for a spot on Team USA and although the 04' team was bad, Ridnour looked really promising then. He has to have a lot left in his tank. He's had his position and minutes yanked around so much that I think something stable will really help him out. Luke Ridnour will definitely come start for the Bucks in 08'-09', but having Sessions their will really help him...he won't have to be a big scorer either. He can focus on getting other guys the ball and defense which, he's a pretty good on the ball defender....real scrappy.

Adrian Griffin is NOT an upgrade over Desmond Mason. Mason forced a lot of offense but his explosiveness is undeniable. Griffin IS a good defender though and can definitely play some SG for when Redd isn't needed in the game whereas Mason seemed a little flat footed on quicker guards.

Damon Jones....I'm not sure what to think about his acquisition. I remember when he played in Milwaukee awhile ago, he was a sharpshooter then and he could play end of game type situations, but now we have 4 PG's. With the opportunity they gave Tyronn Lue when he could have signed with the Suns for slightly less money, they had to have told him he would be getting some playing time as the 3rd PG...if that's the case, Jones won't see any and could just rot away on the bench. I hope we don't buy him out though, because he could become more attractive if a deal comes into place where we need larger expiring contracts.

Any pessimists about this trade have to remember, Hammond said when he first signed on that we have to be patient with him and understand that he'll make moves for defensive purposes that may not seem flashy or anything, but in the long run, they'll work out. This seems like a deal that he felt was addition by subtraction and I think that is exactly the case.

OnWisconsin2007
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
It's good to lose Mo. Him and Redd on the floor at the same time just didn't work.

boston08champs
08-13-2008, 11:09 PM
ye giving away desmond mason was bad.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 11:24 PM
It's good to lose Mo. Him and Redd on the floor at the same time just didn't work.

I agree. I think changes obviously needed to be made with this team, seeing as how the performed together last season. Adding Jefferson wasn't just going to add 15+ wins to the team. They needed to switch some other things up. I honestly think Ridnour will be a great fit, he just needed a change of scenery.

PackCrewBuckBad
08-13-2008, 11:56 PM
If sessions plays like he did last year, I like the move.

If he doesn't pan out, bad move imo.

WE also just made Cle a lot better...not something you want to do when you have to face them in the year multiple times and possibly in the playoffs.

salsa
08-14-2008, 03:25 AM
this deal puts us 5 players over the roster limit if im correct.

so i dont know what we are going to do there

wissportsfan
08-14-2008, 04:00 AM
I like this move by Hammonds. I've been wanting Ridnour for a good 2 years now. And actually my first post on PSD suggested that we trade for him, so I am obviously happy with this trade. I like Griffin also I think he's a solid defensive player and will have a good role on the team. I think Jones will get cut.

wissportsfan
08-14-2008, 04:03 AM
this deal puts us 5 players over the roster limit if im correct.

so i dont know what we are going to do there

We have 15 players on the roster
Bogut
Elson
Gaz
Cvill
Allen
Alexander
Jefferson
Griffin
The Prince
Redd
Bell
Sessions
Ridnour
Jones
Lue

spazzmccrory
08-14-2008, 05:41 AM
This trade is awesome. DO YOU ALL REMEMBER WE HAVE JEFFERSON? Mo redd and rj can't play all together. Now you have two great shooters and a point that is a plus defender and a passer first not a shooter first.
Who really thought that the contracts of mo and desmon were good? All that money off the books and good core, a young stud and a ton of money next year. I'm liking the deal now GO HAMMONS

PackCrewBuckBad
08-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I know Wissportsfan is going to love this.

I like this move by Hammonds. I've been wanting Ridnour for a good 2 years now. And actually my first post on PSD suggested that we trade for him, so I am obviously happy with this trade. I like Griffin also I think he's a solid defensive player and will have a good role on the team. I think Jones will get cut.

who called it

Samsin
08-14-2008, 08:59 AM
PG Ridnour
SG Redd
SF Jefferson
PF Charlie Smooth
C Bogut

Role Players: Sessions, Bell, Elson, Alexander

They should be deeper this year. Maybe we will still see Charlie traded with gadz somewhere. Maybe a Milsap, or Haslem, or Bass. That type of big man. Physical bruiser.

BaRRySandAmaN
08-14-2008, 09:21 AM
I like the trade of Mo Williams for Ridnour because it dumps that contract along with Finally getting what the Bucks have been needing a PASS First PG.

IndiansFan337
08-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I like the trade of Mo Williams for Ridnour because it dumps that contract along with Finally getting what the Bucks have been needing a PASS First PG.

I agree with that. They needed a pass first PG. And now they will have two of them playing the majority of the team's minutes at that position. Great move by Milwaukee.

There's limited risk with Ridnour only being under contract for two seasons, but he shoud be relatively easy to retain if they wish to do so when that contract ends.

Manny Paplfavre
08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
I just can't believe we couldn't get more.

midwestmadman
08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Sessions would start

How does that DWI from Alston feel HouRealCoach? BTW Houston will not be winning any championships this year and probably not at all with Artest so get used to that and keep being disappointed ever year, besides this thread is for those poor Bucks fans that just got taken yet again. The lost the best player in the trade and didn't even get the second or third best player back in return. I guess they are trying to trim some cap space, and at least the got a true PG in return but to be honest Ramon Sessions would probably be better then Luke Ridnour as a starter.

Martz
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The more i read the greater the feeling is that Session's is not part of there plans.

Brooke
08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I really like the move :)

salsa
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
lol i forgot all about tyronne lue. So we have alot of PG's

I think we still have 1 more move left. CV could be packaged with one of our PG's for a good PF

jenk2722
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
How does that DWI from Alston feel HouRealCoach? BTW Houston will not be winning any championships this year and probably not at all with Artest so get used to that and keep being disappointed ever year, besides this thread is for those poor Bucks fans that just got taken yet again. The lost the best player in the trade and didn't even get the second or third best player back in return. I guess they are trying to trim some cap space, and at least the got a true PG in return but to be honest Ramon Sessions would probably be better then Luke Ridnour as a starter.

Did you come in here just to start some ****? :pity: We got taken yet again, huh? We got rid of the defensively-challenged Mo Williams, who can't find an opening the size of a barn, and has a bloated contract. In return got a guy who plays defense, can pass the ball better, and has a unbloated contract. Mo Williams is not a superstar like some of you guys think he is, he isn't even an all-star.

MoJay
08-14-2008, 02:49 PM
but if we do package Charlie V with a PG who would it be - won't be sessions and i don't see lue going - would they get rindour just to package him

IversonIsKrazy
08-14-2008, 02:50 PM
i think u guys could've gotten a lot more w/ mo. but i remember that sessions is amazing, he'll avg more mpg now that mo left, hes gunna give u guys like 8apg. Ridnour im not to sure abt, i would say ramon sessions is better than luke ridnour.

PackCrewBuckBad
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
The more i read the greater the feeling is that Session's is not part of there plans.

what :confused:
IF anything, this means he is

SeoulBeatz
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
i like this trade for u guys.

i think Sessions should eventually be starting though.

btw damon jones is awful. he is worthless, he cant shoot anymore, so i see him being cut within the next few days. he was a joke out in cleveland

wissportsfan
08-14-2008, 06:01 PM
lol i forgot all about tyronne lue. So we have alot of PG's

I think we still have 1 more move left. CV could be packaged with one of our PG's for a good PF

We can't trade one of our PG's for awhile though because we just acquired them. The only one that can be moved right now is Sessions and I hope that doesn't happen. I do think CV should and will get traded. Packaging one of the PG's would make sense. I could see something like CV + Jones for a overpaid player but a guy that can contribute to our team. More than likely it would be a PF.

Some players that I have found real quick are Boris Diaw, Darko Milicic, Udonis Haslem (unlikely), Joel Przybilla (unlikely).

Seattle Homer
08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
"I have no qualms about this trade, really. Luke Ridnour has played under horrible conditions his entire career. He was bagged on by every coach and GM that ever had anything to do with the Supersonics and that WAS a coincidence. He needs a little confidence boost and I could see this being it. I remember back in I believe it was either 04 or 06' Ridnour was fighting for a spot on Team USA and although the 04' team was bad, Ridnour looked really promising then. He has to have a lot left in his tank. He's had his position and minutes yanked around so much that I think something stable will really help him out. Luke Ridnour will definitely come start for the Bucks in 08'-09', but having Sessions their will really help him...he won't have to be a big scorer either. He can focus on getting other guys the ball and defense which, he's a pretty good on the ball defender....real scrappy"- Cameroncarzies2

You guys will love this move. Luke has been put threw the ringer ever since McMillan left. He is a team guy and will throw some amazing plays out there for Redd and RJ to finish up. His D is not bad when he has ANY interior D to support him. He was a great defensive player at Oregon and can still be good on the right team. He'll put up the occasional 20+ pt game when the other team forgets about him and he'll probably be top 10 in assists if he gets steady minutes. He'll be the perfect addition to this team. Good trade boys!:clap:

wissportsfan
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
You guys will love this move. Luke has been put threw the ringer ever since McMillan left. He is a team guy and will throw some amazing plays out there for Redd and RJ to finish up. His D is not bad when he has ANY interior D to support him. He was a great defensive player at Oregon and can still be good on the right team. He'll put up the occasional 20+ pt game when the other team forgets about him and he'll probably be top 10 in assists if he gets steady minutes. He'll be the perfect addition to this team. Good trade boys!:clap:

Good insight. Thanks. I didn't know that about his defense. I have always thought that he was a poor defender. I'm hoping that Skiles can put alot of emphasis on defense.

DES
08-15-2008, 02:32 AM
"I have no qualms about this trade, really. Luke Ridnour has played under horrible conditions his entire career. He was bagged on by every coach and GM that ever had anything to do with the Supersonics and that WAS a coincidence. He needs a little confidence boost and I could see this being it. I remember back in I believe it was either 04 or 06' Ridnour was fighting for a spot on Team USA and although the 04' team was bad, Ridnour looked really promising then. He has to have a lot left in his tank. He's had his position and minutes yanked around so much that I think something stable will really help him out. Luke Ridnour will definitely come start for the Bucks in 08'-09', but having Sessions their will really help him...he won't have to be a big scorer either. He can focus on getting other guys the ball and defense which, he's a pretty good on the ball defender....real scrappy"- Cameroncarzies2

yea i remember luke being one of the rising players...i always wondered what happened to him...i feel bucks got the better of this trade....goodluck.

garlicboy
08-15-2008, 03:34 AM
Not a bad trade for the Bucks. You guys had Mo Williams last year and didn't go anywhere. Face it, you guys are rebuilding so you had to change things up. With the trade the Bucks...

1.) Shed salary and received expiring contract of Jones to possible package in a trade or let expire and sign a free agent next year.
2.) Created minutes at the PG position for Ramon Sessions by trading Mo.
3.) Created minutes at the 2/3 positions for Alexander by trading D. Mason.
4.) Received a young PG in Luke Ridnour.

PG-Ridnour, Sessions, Lue
SG- Redd, Bell
SF- Jefferson, Alexander
PF- Villanueva
C- Bogut, Gadzuric

MoJay
08-15-2008, 08:53 AM
we are rebuilding but trying to contend at the same time it isn't a full reconstruction

I think we can look for alot of our players defense to improve under Skiles

Rindour and Redd weren't bad defenders in college but Redd is pretty bad defender in the NBA so we'll see

meandering
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
things stick out to me.
1. We didnt get enough in return
1. We traded within the division.

I like the changes....just uncertain if we should have pulled the trigger here.

wissportsfan
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Not a bad trade for the Bucks. You guys had Mo Williams last year and didn't go anywhere. Face it, you guys are rebuilding so you had to change things up. With the trade the Bucks...

1.) Shed salary and received expiring contract of Jones to possible package in a trade or let expire and sign a free agent next year.
2.) Created minutes at the PG position for Ramon Sessions by trading Mo.
3.) Created minutes at the 2/3 positions for Alexander by trading D. Mason.
4.) Received a young PG in Luke Ridnour.

PG-Ridnour, Sessions, Lue
SG- Redd, Bell
SF- Jefferson, Alexander
PF- Villanueva
C- Bogut, Gadzuric

I think this trade was more about creating chemistry and playing guys that are better. Sessions, IMO, would've surpassed Mo this year because of the way he distributes the ball and actually plays defense. I wouldn't necessarily call this rebuilding.

Also your lineup is a little off. Right now this is what it's at
PG-Ridnour, Sessions, Lue, Jones
SG-Redd, Bell, Jones
SF-Jefferson, Griffin, the Prince
PF-Cvill, Alexander, Allen
C-Bogut, Elson, Gaz

Samsin
08-15-2008, 08:32 PM
I keep hearing that Ridnour is a great defender. I would like to know where everyone is hearing this? I remember when he got drafted and they were talking about how he couldn't guard a chair during his interview. That doesn't sound like a guy regarded as a good defensive player at oregon. I'm on board with the trade though. Cap room, Sessions is a good player and is definetly in the Bucks plans or they wouldn't have traded Mo. Ridnour is a very good PG. He'll hit the 3 and be a pest out on the court. Fun player to watch as well. Somebody mentioned Diaw. I think he would be a great fit. Great passer and is a better down low player then Charlie Buckets. Might not be much of an upgrade defensively, but still would be one.

wissportsfan
08-16-2008, 02:34 AM
I keep hearing that Ridnour is a great defender. I would like to know where everyone is hearing this? I remember when he got drafted and they were talking about how he couldn't guard a chair during his interview. That doesn't sound like a guy regarded as a good defensive player at oregon. I'm on board with the trade though. Cap room, Sessions is a good player and is definetly in the Bucks plans or they wouldn't have traded Mo. Ridnour is a very good PG. He'll hit the 3 and be a pest out on the court. Fun player to watch as well. Somebody mentioned Diaw. I think he would be a great fit. Great passer and is a better down low player then Charlie Buckets. Might not be much of an upgrade defensively, but still would be one.

Yeah I mentioned that. My only concern with Diaw would be his bulk as a starting PF. Obviously we already have an undersized PF in Alexander but I'm not sure how Diaw would do banging around inside. I'm not sure having 2 athletic, smaller PF's would be good for the team, but I do know that they would run perfectly with Ridnour and Sessions on the offensive end.

AirJordanXVIII
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
What happens if Ridnour turns out to be a beast? Would you make Sessions or Ridnour expandable?

wissportsfan
08-17-2008, 03:41 AM
What happens if Ridnour turns out to be a beast? Would you make Sessions or Ridnour expandable?

If he turns out to be a beast like he gets 9-10 assists per game along with 15 pts. and 1.5 steals per game. Then I would see Sessions become expendable, but I really don't see either one getting traded.

BaRRySandAmaN
08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
If he turns out to be a beast like he gets 9-10 assists per game along with 15 pts. and 1.5 steals per game. Then I would see Sessions become expendable, but I really don't see either one getting traded.
No they will keep both of them. There is no way they get rid of Sessions just because Ridnour goes off.

wissportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:25 AM
On a side note to this trade, it was reported in the Journal Times I believe that Gaz could've been involved in this trade but we turned it down. I'm guessing that either Cavs or Seattle would've made it a worse deal for us because we'd just about love to give away Gaz. The article didn't say anything else.

MoJay
08-18-2008, 07:55 AM
I like C-Vill but he doesn't fit well on our squad do you think we will get rid of him or not and if so what would the offer be for another PF

wissportsfan
08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I like C-Vill but he doesn't fit well on our squad do you think we will get rid of him or not and if so what would the offer be for another PF

To be honest I think it'll be a ***** to try and trade him. He doesn't have much value at all right now around the league. Everyone knows that he's just a shooter and thats it. In the right system he could do very good. We don't have a lot of leverage with him.

I've mentioned a couple of possibilities already, like Boris Diaw and Darko. We would have to include D-Jones because no one wants Gaz salary. Plus we can't trade D-Jones for another 2 months because we just got him so we got some time to wait and think about it.

MoJay
08-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't mind keeping him either

ldcclique1
08-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I hink CV is a buck and the man can score... I respect him for that but hes gotta use the head on his ****ing shoulders and realize that with his athleticism and length, he could be a least a formidable defender. Hes gotta play D to play on this team, otherwise sit his *** and let francisco or joe play. I like how his team has added players that know their role and are comfortable with their role, we just have to get cv to buy into that concept as well. Hes the 4h scoring option on this team. no more 3 pointers, no more wild out of control shots. There is a reason we are picked to finish 12th in the east and I seriously doubt it has to do with talent