Cle Mo Will

OKC Joe Smith Damon Jones

Mil Adrian Griffin Luke Ridnour

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/26919019.html

In three-team trade, Mo Williams coming to town to run offense

By Brian Windhorst
Beacon Journal sports writer

POSTED: 02:27 p.m. EDT, Aug 13, 2008

An NBA executive said the Cavaliers, in a trade expected to be completed later today, finally have acquired a top-level point guard in executing a six-player, three-team deal.

The Milwaukee Bucks traded point guard Mo Williams to the Cavs in exchange for the expiring contracts of guard Damon Jones and forward Joe Smith. As part of the deal, the Bucks will receive Jones and Oklahoma City point guard Luke Ridnour. Oklahoma City acquires Smith and Bucks forward Desmond Mason.

Williams scored 17.2 points per game with the Bucks last season. He averaged 6.3 assists in 66 games, shooting 48 percent from the field, 86 percent from the free-throw line. He was drafted out of the University of Alabama by the Utah Jazz in the second round of the 2003 NBA Draft.

Williams is coming off three strong seasons with the Bucks, where he established himself as one of the league's better offensive point guards. He is known for his ability to break down defenses off the dribble. The Cavs are taking on significant salary with this move.

Williams has five years and $43 million left on a contract that he signed last summer. He'll make $8.5 million this season and owns a player option for 2012-13 at $8.5 million. The Cavs showed interest in him last year, but he resigned with the Bucks.

Williams will likely be the starting point guard, which leaves restricted free agent Delonte West without much bargaining power in his protracted contract negotiations with the team.

Sources said the Cavs still want to bring West back but this increases the chances that he will take the qualifying offer of $2.8 million for one season.

The loss of Smith is expected to be made up by rookie forward J.J. Hickson, the Cavs' first-round draft choice. He impressed the Cavs during summer-league play last month.

Jones played in 67 games for the Cavs last season, averaging 19 minutes and 6.5 points. He played three years for the Cavs and likely will be remembered most for his game-winning shot against the Washington Wizards in the 2007 playoffs.

Smith, who was acquired in the blockbuster deal last February from the Chicago Bulls, averaged 8.1 points, five rebounds and 21.5 minutes in 27 games for the Cavs.

Deal is done. Time for Cleveland to celebrate a successful offseason :D

infamous
08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Holy **** is this official?! Sorry for the language guys I'm just so happy right now! Finally! I've been waiting for a trade like this. Mo will be great for the cavs. So bad joe smith is included, I liked him as a cav. This is a great trade for us.

infamous
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
And we still have our expiring contracts in wally and andy! :clap:

Clevefan23
08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
i think we got the best part of this deal great trade

Talm
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Damon Jones and Joe Smith for Mo Williams is a great deal :D

And supposedly Ferry has been looking at 3 different deals for a big the past month, and he is expected to look much closer at those offers before beginning the season in order to balance our roster.

infamous
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
It's official now! Thank you! :clap::clap:

zamudio_jorge
08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
what would be the starting 5 for cavs?

pg mo
sg ? pavlovic or west at sg O.o or gibson at sg O.o
sf james
pf ? hickson, wallace or varejao (in summer league and hickson and look good)
c ilgauskas

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, it seems the Cavs have found there second scorer. And they did so without giving up their largest expiring contract. This means we could be looking to make another deal during this season.

I like Mo Williams game in college & was surprised that he slid to the 2nd round.

Now we will see if he can mesh with LeBron & Z, and if he can play alongside Boobie at all.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy....Now I see things getting very interesting. I see a sign and trade of Delonte.

infamous
08-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy....Now I see things getting very interesting. I see a sign and trade of Delonte.

I'm definitely seeing a sign and trade for delonte and expiring contract (maybe andy or wally). I know this is far fetched, but is it possible to land al jefferson in cleveland?

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm definitely seeing a sign and trade for delonte and expiring contract (maybe andy or wally). I know this is far fetched, but is it possible to land al jefferson in cleveland?

Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even McHale isn't that stupid. I'd trade West for corey brewer if I was getting anyone from Minny. Start LBJ at the 2. Let's just be happy we got one more piece today. Can't get too greedy

Sbank
08-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Good deal for us. We get second option for James and it a upgrade at point guard. Our offense is better now. I think West is out now and a sign and trade going up.

MiamiHeat
08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
wow big move by the Cavs,
Lebron now gets help in scoring and a good PG
are you guys a championship contenders now?

infamous
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even McHale isn't that stupid. I'd trade West for corey brewer if I was getting anyone from Minny. Start LBJ at the 2. Let's just be happy we got one more piece today. Can't get too greedy

Well given that he traded away KG.:D Im just dreaming LOL. Im just so happy with the trade right now I was just messing around. Ferry actually did something and he did surprised me.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
And we still have our expiring contracts in wally and andy! :clap:

Yes, but the two guys we dealt also had expiring contracts.

We are in position to make another trade at a later time though, if we wish to pursue one.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:04 PM
In terms of talent the Cavs got the best end of the trade, easily.

But in terms of salary cap ramifications, they got the worst end of it.

But that's the trade off that we had to make in order to bring in a secondary scorer behind LeBron James.

infamous
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes, but the two guys we dealt also had expiring contracts.

We are in position to make another trade at a later time though, if we wish to pursue one.

Yes, but im just glad we didn't trade the big expiring contracts for Mo. I'm hoping a trade in the mid-season, an possibly land an all-star caliber player (SG or PF/C i hope).

BullsNumber1Fan
08-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Wow this is a big trade for you guys. Maybe, you guys can win the Central over the Pistons finally. I hope the Pistons don't win because it is just getting old with them always winning it.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, but im just glad we didn't trade the big expiring contracts for Mo. I'm hoping a trade in the mid-season, an possibly land an all-star caliber player (SG or PF/C i hope).

PF or SG/SF (LeBron can play either spot) would be the only starting positions we may target for upgrades.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Mo's contract is big. But he is now only the 2nd player we have under contract after 2010. What do you think of Delonte starting at the sg spot? Think he'd be more consistant that sasha or wally..?

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Mo's contract is big. But he is now only the 2nd player we have under contract after 2010. What do you think of Delonte starting at the sg spot? Think he'd be more consistant that sasha or wally..?

I don't see the two of them teaming up in our starting lineup, but they could play together for short stints, especially since both can hit the 3 ball & LeBron can be the facilitator on offense.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Like i said, just glad we got another important piece.

NYKnickFanatic
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Why would you wanna sign and trade Delonte?

He can be the backup PG.

Iono what you guys think, but I like West.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Why would you wanna sign and trade Delonte?

He can be the backup PG.

Iono what you guys think, but I like West.

We like him too, but I don't expect him to be content as a backup after being exclusively the starter last season. He's still going to want $5-6 million per year, and we simply aren't going to pay that to a backup PG.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry I am late guys just got out of work.

I love this trade, I feel we didn't give up much at all. Yes, Smith is solid player, but we still have the expiring contracts in Andy and Wally. I don't see us keeping either of them.

The biggest need now is at the 4, I am not sure we need a starting PF, but we need something to give us some security.

I think Wally will be the next guy to go, if Ferry can get a starting PF I would say "bye bye to Andy" next. If he gets a backup Andy may be with us till the end of the season.

It's not that I don't like Wallace at the 4, but he could be just as efficient off the bench in my opinion.

Who knows maybe West will sign a 1 year deal and he will get some PT at SG.
I wouldn't mind that at all.

Mo Williams (:D)/Gibson/West
Wally/West/Sasha
LeBron/Sasha/ Wally
Wallace/Hickson
Z/ Varejao/ Wallace

I wouldn't mind something like that.
In the mean time lets look into some possible PF's (backups or starters).

AMC31
08-13-2008, 04:32 PM
YAAY! Im so excited we got Mo, we finally have a really good point guard.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe now we do sign Tractor Traylor as insurance at PF/C? :shrug:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe now we do sign Tractor Traylor as insurance at PF/C? :shrug:

That would make sense, probably a veteran of some sort.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we trade Wally though for something maybe a PF, or maybe a PF & SG. Who knows just thinking about our current situation.

infamous
08-13-2008, 04:42 PM
That would make sense, probably a veteran of some sort.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we trade Wally though for something maybe a PF, or maybe a PF & SG. Who knows just thinking about our current situation.

I hope the cavs will revisit the wally to carter swap.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:45 PM

I don't expect us to make another trade until at least sometime between December-February.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 04:46 PM
NO VC please. I'm waiting for all the Knick fans to come in here with their talk of Randolph again. Another forum had wally,AV, Sasha for Randolph and crawford

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
NO VC please. I'm waiting for all the Knick fans to come in here with their talk of Randolph again. Another forum had wally,AV, Sasha for Randolph and crawford

Why they think team's want Crawford, let alone Randolph is a mystery to me.

Crawford is a chucker, he will fit right in to D'Antoni's offense. Q might be rejuvenated too. His best season was in Phoenix with D'Antoni.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Randolph minus the baggage would be sweet. Crawford has killed the cavs for years now. I agree they will all be better off w/o isiah and I really dont want anyone from the knicks...cept david lee

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Lets explore are options at PF (besides randolph). I don't think it will happen before the season starts but it may happen shortly after.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Randolph minus the baggage would be sweet. Crawford has killed the cavs for years now. I agree they will all be better off w/o isiah and I really dont want anyone from the knicks...cept david lee

Randolph has never been on a winning team, regardless of the baggage. I don't like that. And, as you mentioned, there's A TON of baggage. And a HUGE salary. Nothing about him is desirable, IMO.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 05:02 PM
After we do w/e we are doin about Delonte, I'd like to see how the team plays together b4 anything major happens.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
After we do w/e we are doin about Delonte, I'd like to see how the team plays together b4 anything major happens.

West is in a pickle now. He just lost any leverage that he previously held.

He no longer is guaranteed a starting spot.

Yet, we will continue to say that we will match any offer sheet that he signs, keeping teams from giving him any decent offers.

Therefore, he may want to only sign a 1 yr tender. But that would not be wise since he now is not guaranteed a starting spot. So he either needs to find a team willing to agree to a decent S&T, which I see as unlikely, play out the 1 yr tender & then leave as an unrestricted F/A next summer, or take a long term contract for less money than we offered him earlier this summer.

monster_mash
08-13-2008, 05:11 PM
I know corey brewer has been crap since he came in but what do u think of a delonte brewer swap and let LBJ start at the 2?

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I know corey brewer has been crap since he came in but what do u think of a delonte brewer swap and let LBJ start at the 2?

I don't think the T'Wolves would be willing to give up on Brewer so soon, although West is better than any of the PG's on their current roster.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
What are some teams in need of a PG?

Heat (probably best option)
Nuggets
Warriors
Timberwolves

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
What are some teams in need of a PG?

Heat (probably best option)
Nuggets
Warriors
Timberwolves

The three that you listed, aside from GSW would possibly be interested.

I don't think we could get much for him. I doubt we could even get a 1st round pick, since all of those teams were in the lottery last season they wouldn't risk trading away a high pick if they are bad once again this year.

Cavs_Fan24
08-13-2008, 05:42 PM
maybe we can trade Delonte West to Miami for Haslem?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM

Thats what I was thinking, seems like a pretty even trade. Both players are solid at their positions really nothing more.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Thats what I was thinking, seems like a pretty even trade. Both players are solid at their positions really nothing more.

Not a chance Miami would do that. I'd be ecstatic if Ferry could pull that off though. Heck, I'd even throw in next year's first round pick to get that trade done!

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess this isn't quite official yet:

Mo Williams is headed for Cleveland in a three-team trade expected to be announced later tonight, according to NBA sources. Oklahoma City will acquire Desmond Mason from the Bucks and veteran forward Joe Smith from the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oklahoma City will send point guard Luke Ridnour and Adrian Griffin to Milwaukee. To complete the deal, Milwaukee will send point guard Mo Williams to Cleveland. The Cavs are also sending Damon Jones to the Bucks.
Both Smith and Mason have expiring contracts, which will give Oklahoma City more salary cap space next summer. Ridnour's contract comes off the books in two years, whereas Cleveland will owe Williams $43 million over the next five seasons. Contrary to most speculation, Delonte West was not involved in the deal, leaving him in restricted free agency -- and with a much smaller role on the Cavs, should he be re-signed. Williams' stats shouldn't change much, as he'll still look for scoring opportunities while splitting play-making duties with LeBron. Assuming it doesn't fall through in the next couple of hours, of course.
Rotoworld.com

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I guess this isn't quite official yet:

Rotoworld.com

:ohno::ohno::ohno::sad2:

TriberForLifer
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I'm so excited that we made this move that I have to make some kind of comment.

Ferry done good - real good! I'll miss Smith's scoring ability, but getting Mo gives this team the point guard it's lacked since LeBron has been here.

It's an exciting day for the Cavs!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I'm so excited that we made this move that I have to make some kind of comment.

Ferry done good - real good! I'll miss Smith's scoring ability, but getting Mo gives this team the point guard it's lacked since LeBron has been here.

It's an exciting day for the Cavs!

Lets hope that doesn't change in the next couple of hours.

EdTheRevelator
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
How on earth did I just find out about this? Too much baseball!! (if that's possible...)

I'm kind of disappointed by this deal, seeing as we took on a terrible contract. Also, the guy I wanted from the Bucks was Redd (obviously).

That being said, we didn't trade any of our biggest chips (Wally, Andy, picks) so I really can't complain too much, as we're still in position to add another piece later. And we do finally get a decent point guard.

Let's hope this works. Ferry's job may depend on it.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 06:47 PM
How on earth did I just find out about this? Too much baseball!! (if that's possible...)

I'm kind of disappointed by this deal, seeing as we took on a terrible contract. Also, the guy I wanted from the Bucks was Redd (obviously).

That being said, we didn't trade any of our biggest chips (Wally, Andy, picks) so I really can't complain too much, as we're still in position to add another piece later. And we do finally get a decent point guard.

Let's hope this works. Ferry's job may depend on it.

His contract is long more then anything. So we will have him with LeBron for a while.

_Sn1P3r_
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Good pickup if everything works out well. Bron will be handling the ball most of the time so Mo will just need to spot up and shoot.

jacquewho?
08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice deal for the Cavs..they are the winners. Then I think the OKC with the MIL as losers.

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Mo Williams is officially a Cavalier. The six-player, three-team trade between Cleveland, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City was approved by the league late on Wednesday.
LeBron's smile is lighting up Beijing, as the Cavs finally found the explosive point guard they have always coveted. Williams, who is 25 years old, averaged 17.2 points in 36.5 minutes per game last season, posting career highs in assists (6.3), field goal percentage (48%), three-point shooting (39%) and free throw percentage (86%). He played in 66 games, all starts, but missed the end of the season with a thumb injury -- he should be fine for training camp.

Rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=973)
It's official. :dance2: We got Mo. :clap:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=973)
It's official. :dance2: We got Mo. :clap:

YES!

I can finally take a sigh in relief!! :up::dance::dance2:

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:31 PM
YES!

I can finally take a sigh in relief!! :up::dance::dance2:

Now us cavaliers fan now have relief and look for something more entering our season.

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Nice deal for the Cavs..they are the winners. Then I think the OKC with the MIL as losers.

OKC wanted more cap relief and Smith and Jones give them that in the trade since both have expiring contracts.

rico
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
heres a better article on the details

Cleveland, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City have agreed in principle to a six-player trade that could add a much-needed second scorer to LeBron James' Cavaliers.

Mo Williams

Williams

Mo Williams, the high-scoring point guard from Milwaukee, will go to Cleveland in the deal, which should be announced later Wednesday.

The 6-foot-1 Williams averaged 17.2 points and a team-high 6.3 assists for the Bucks last season.

"Acquiring Mo strengthens our nucleus of players for both the short and long term. He is entering his prime NBA years and will be part of the foundation of our future success," Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry said in a statement. "His ability to push the tempo, get inside the lane, shoot from the perimeter and distribute the ball will be very valuable for us."

Cleveland will send shooting guard Damon Jones to Milwaukee and forward Joe Smith to Oklahoma City.

Milwaukee also will get point guard Luke Ridnour and forward Adrian Griffin from Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City, formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics, also gets Desmond Mason, the athletic small forward, from the Bucks.

Since joining the Cavaliers in 2003-04, James has not had a teammate who averaged as much as 17 points per game. But Williams has done so the past two seasons, averaging a career-high 17.3 points in his breakout season of 2006-2007.

The Cavs have long sought a scorer to take pressure off James, who led the NBA last season with a 30.0 scoring average.

James' lack of help was particularly noticeable in Cleveland's Game 7 loss to Boston in the Eastern Conference semifinals when he scored 45 of the Cavs' 92 points.

Larry Hughes was supposed to be James' sidekick, but couldn't fulfill the role and was sent to Chicago last year at the trade deadline in a 10-player deal.

Cleveland also has been searching for years for a point guard, and considered trades in the past for Mike Bibby and Jason Kidd, but never made a deal.

Williams' agent, Mark Bartelstein, said a scoring-minded point guard will make it easier on James and sharpshooter Daniel Gibson.

"I think there was so much pressure on LeBron to create so much of the offense in Cleveland," Bartelstein said. "I think somebody like Mo is going to really make the game easier for LeBron and create opportunities for other people."

Mason played in college at Oklahoma State and spent time with the Hornets franchise in Oklahoma City when it was relocated after Hurricane Katrina.

"We're excited," said Mason's agent, Roger Montgomery. "He's been to Oklahoma City, he's familiar with the people there, he's familiar with the Ford Center, he's played there, the fans loved him when he was there. His nickname is the Cowboy. It's really apropos to come back."

Ridnour, who averaged 6.4 points and four assists last season as the backup to Earl Watson in Seattle, had faced decreased playing time in Oklahoma City after the franchise drafted point guard Russell Westbrook with the fourth pick.

Griffin averaged 1.9 points in minimal playing time after coming over from Chicago in a midseason trade.

The acquisition of Williams may spell the end of Delonte West's brief tenure in Cleveland. The Cavaliers have been embroiled in contract talks with West, a free agent who became their starting point guard after being traded from Seattle last February.

While Williams, 25, will definitely be Cleveland's starting point guard, a person close to the situation said the Cavaliers still will look to re-sign West, a 6-foot-4 combo guard who could start beside Williams in the backcourt. Milwaukee and Oklahoma City view the trade largely as a salary dump.

The Bucks, who traded former lottery pick Yi Jianlian to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson earlier this summer, get rid of the five years, $43 million left on Williams' contract while taking on Jones and Griffin, both of whom are in the last year of their deals. Ridnour has just two years, $13 million remaining on his contract.

It's also the next step in an offseason facelift in Milwaukee by new general manager John Hammond. The Bucks fired coach Larry Krystkowiak after going 26-56 last season and replaced him with Scott Skiles. They also selected West Virginia forward Joe Alexander with the eighth pick in the draft.

Additionally, the Bucks signed guard Tyronn Lue and forward Malik Allen in the offseason in an effort to bolster what has been one of the league's worst defenses.

"Our challenge from Day One has been to shape our roster in a way that our fans will see a team that is competitive, that plays hard every night and has a chance to win," Hammond said. "We feel this trade continues to move us toward that goal for this season and beyond."

As for Oklahoma City's acquisitions, Smith and Mason also are in the final year of their deals.

Chris Broussard is a writer for ESPN The Magazine. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I can't wait till the NBA season kicks off!!

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I am pumped for the season to start too. The Indians lousy season is making me want it to start sooner than normal.

Sbank
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I can't wait till the NBA season kicks off!!

That what everyone wants. Too bad the season starts in a late October.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 11:38 PM
I am pumped for the season to start too. The Indians lousy season is making me want it to start sooner than normal.

That what everyone wants. Too bad the season starts in a late October.

I can't TAKE IT!!:p

I think I am going to buy 2k9 to hold me over.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Only 6 players average 17ppg (or better) 6 assists (or better) 3.5r rebounds (or better).
-Andre Miller
-Baron Davis
-LeBron James
-Dwayne Wade
-Chris Paul
-Mo Williams

To be with those players..You have to be doing good in something.

EdTheRevelator
08-14-2008, 12:07 AM

We got the Browns for a couple months before B-Ball...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
We got the Browns for a couple months before B-Ball...

I know and I can't wait for this fall & winter (and that is rare).

IndiansFan337
08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Only 6 players average 17ppg (or better) 6 assists (or better) 3.5r rebounds (or better).
-Andre Miller
-Baron Davis
-LeBron James
-Dwayne Wade
-Chris Paul
-Mo Williams

To be with those players..You have to be doing good in something.

AI didn't average 3.5 rebounds? I know he met the other two criteria....

J-Relo
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM

AI averaged 3reb a game...

Also great deal for you Cavs fans! :)

PS: GO BIG Z!

kobeonekenobe
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
amazing deal for the cavs, now lets get ourselves Vince Carter, Taysun Prince or AK47

RenegadeRiot36
08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
im thrilled ferry finally pulled through
not to get greedy but what about getting carlos boozer. utah wants more space and the cavs could use the big PF. we could use wally/andy/west/picks to pull off the deal

EdTheRevelator
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
not to get greedy but what about getting carlos boozer. utah wants more space and the cavs could use the big PF. we could use wally/andy/west/picks to pull off the deal

I'm not sure Boozer would be welcomed back. He did burn a lot of bridges, although most of them were with the previous regime.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:13 PM

No, only 4 assists and 3 rebounds.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure Boozer would be welcomed back. He did burn a lot of bridges, although most of them were with the previous regime.

It won't happen, Utah isn't going to trade him. If Utah feels they can sign him, which I am sure they are thinking they can, then they won't trade him.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
good trade for the cavs.

Sbank
08-14-2008, 08:58 PM

It going to slow but time will pass shortly and we see season will start. 2k9 might hold you over for a little but but football will take pass time though. I would mention baseball but Indians are not doing so well but the post season for baseball going to exciting.

bigalow80
08-15-2008, 12:36 AM
cavs need to re-sign west and then wait. let this team play a little bit and then make a big deal near the deadline. they have a very solid and pretty deep team at this point. there is no reason to make any changes. and as a side-bar, how scary good do lebron and kobe look together. that is a wet dream in 2010 for sure!

IndiansFan337
08-15-2008, 01:13 PM
amazing deal for the cavs, now lets get ourselves Vince Carter, Taysun Prince or AK47
The Pistons aren't going to trade Prince to the Cavs, their biggest division rival.

Boozer obviously doesn't want to play for Cleveland or he would not have left before. He's a great player, but I don't see it being realistic for him to return, at this time.

No, only 4 assists and 3 rebounds.

AI did not average 4 apg. I believe he was at 7apg, right near LeBron in terms of league leaders in that category.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The Pistons aren't going to trade Prince to the Cavs, their biggest division rival.

Boozer obviously doesn't want to play for Cleveland or he would not have left before. He's a great player, but I don't see it being realistic for him to return, at this time.

AI did not average 4 apg. I believe he was at 7apg, right near LeBron in terms of league leaders in that category.

Oh you know what your right I miss read sorry about that, that was his playoff stats.

He averaged 7 assists and 3 rebounds not 3.5.

Sports Illustrator
08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
LeBron James finally got the veteran point guard he's been hoping to play with in Mo Williams via a trade with Milwaukee last week. James, in Beijing with Team USA, got word of the acquisition from Cleveland general manager Danny Ferry in a phone call from the United States. Williams averaged 17.2 points, 6.3 assists and 3.5 rebounds last season. "I'm happy," said James. He's a guy that can score, can run a team. And I'm looking for the opportunity to play alongside him."

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/?page=3)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/?page=3)

I am looking forward to the opportunity to watch him.:)

Wade3
08-17-2008, 04:30 PM
A link on hoopshype said the Cavs could have gotten forward/center Dan Gadzuric from the Bucks in the Williams deal, but declined

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20020902&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46370&rfi=6

Cavs_Fan24
08-17-2008, 05:18 PM
i would've liked to get Gadzuric, as long as we weren't giving up too much more..

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-17-2008, 05:36 PM
A link on hoopshype said the Cavs could have gotten forward/center Dan Gadzuric from the Bucks in the Williams deal, but declined

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20020902&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46370&rfi=6

Glad we didn't, horrible contract..

IndiansFan337
08-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Great decision by Ferry to keep him out of the trade.

Gadzuric has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.