PDA

View Full Version : Jarrod Washburn

Dirty Dirk41
08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Watching the Live AM sportcenter Buster Olney reported that Wasburn had been claimed off waivers and later on in the day the team that claimed him would be revealed? Any chance its the Redsox. I know they just grabbed Byrd but it wouldnt be a bad decision to bring in Washburn as long as its cheap. I doubt it. The Whitesox were strongly rumored to be the team but they dont think so anymore and same goes for the Yankees. I wouldnt mind Washburn

Beckett
Dice-K
Lester
Byrd
Washburn

Towelie
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
why?

Dirty Dirk41
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
why?

lol....I was thinking the same thing. We dont need another starter.We need help in the pen. I was just throwing out the idea, what if it were the sox that claimed him. how would u feel about picking up washburn

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-13-2008, 03:47 PM
I doubt Wake goes to the pen. He's been one of our most consistent pitchers this year, and more often than not goes deep into games...

redsox4life2434
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
if we picked up byrd i dont think we need another starter like washburn. I think it would make our bullpens talent more spread out but its not needed. I hope the yanks dont get him though..

yaowowrocket11
08-13-2008, 04:11 PM
No chance. Maybe they tried to block him from a team, but no team with a better record needs starting pitching. The Angels and Rays are very set in their rotation. It might be the White Sox, Astros, Cardinals, or Yankees, IMO.

NESports2004
08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
its the White Sox for sure

Yankees had their chance for a trade and i really hope Seattle didnt bidge on their asking price, if they didnt then let the Yankees give people away for Jarrod Washburn

Tragedy
08-13-2008, 04:19 PM
It wouldn't make sense. We just added Byrd; No need for Washburn.

Crucis
08-13-2008, 05:48 PM
I'd think that the White Sox would be desperate for another starter after losing Contrares the other day.

The Intimidator
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
We don't need Washburn...you can never have too much pitching, but he has virtually no upside at this point.

RedSoxtober
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
its the White Sox for sure

Yankees had their chance for a trade and i really hope Seattle didnt bidge on their asking price, if they didnt then let the Yankees give people away for Jarrod Washburn

I'd be perfectly fine to let the Yankees have Washburn. He's due around $10M next year and hasn't had a winning record since the Angels "moved" to LA. Oh, and he's 3-5, 4.63 with a 1.46 whip against the Sox. I could stand to face him more often. :D

It wouldn't make sense. We just added Byrd; No need for Washburn.

Byrd was a PTBNL or cash and there's no obligation beyond this year. That made sense. Washburn, as mentioned, is guaranteed $10.35M next year. The Sox just mind that too expensive for 5-12, 4.57, 1.45.