PDA

View Full Version : Oden's explosiveness is back

oldenpolynice
08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
It's clear from recent video and reports that he is well on his way to returning to dominant form in the low post. His explosiveness near the basket is amazing. I think we'll definitely get our money's worth as NBA fans this season.

Greg Oden Watch continues...

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/greg-oden-watch-2008/

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
If you go to the Blazers website, looks like he's wore out but still playing hard. Great big man

DerekRE_3
08-13-2008, 02:30 PM
I really hope this is true. He seems like a decent humble guy. I want to see him do well. It's a shame what happened to him last season.

oldenpolynice
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I really hope this is true. He seems like a decent humble guy. I want to see him do well. It's a shame what happened to him last season.

Same here. He's like Yao Ming. It's fun to root for him because you know he's a good person.

The83rdWonder
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Only thing that worries me about Oden is that he has waay to much weight on him right now. I think Oden is at 290 now? Yao Ming is listed at 310, and Yao has faced a lot of injuries to his lower body. Hopefully Oden won't have any injuries to the legs/foot, and he can use that weight as more upside.

torontosports10
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Oden is built alot more then Yao tho. Yao is a tall skinner player while Oden's frame is looks to be able to hold him.

The only thing i dont like is he didnt take one jump shot and he wont be able to move double teams like that in a nba game.

oldenpolynice
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Only thing that worries me about Oden is that he has waay to much weight on him right now. I think Oden is at 290 now? Yao Ming is listed at 310, and Yao has faced a lot of injuries to his lower body. Hopefully Oden won't have any injuries to the legs/foot, and he can use that weight as more upside.

I'm concerned about that too. The trainers say that he'll work a lot of that weight off. So I'm assuming, by midseason, he'll be at 270-275. Somewhere around there.

Long term it's definitely a worry though. His knees could certainly go out again.

lakers4sho
08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like Bynum will have a hell of a fight opening night, can't wait :jumpy:

oldenpolynice
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Looks like Bynum will have a hell of a fight opening night, can't wait :jumpy:

We hear so much about Oden's offseason. And not much about Bynum's. What kind of stuff has he been doing? Will he be 100% for the beginning of the season?

oldenpolynice
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
By the way, a little known fact about Oden is that he scored better in agility tests than Durant in summer '07 workouts.

Interesting stuff:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2007/06/greg_oden_is_a_freak_of_nature.html

lakers4sho
08-13-2008, 07:01 PM
We hear so much about Oden's offseason. And not much about Bynum's. What kind of stuff has he been doing? Will he be 100% for the beginning of the season?

I can't seem to find videos, but here's a "blog" from his doctor, Dr. Zarzana.

http://www.andrewbynum.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/401095/pid/400026

Attention: All Andrew Bynum/ Laker Fans..........He's Back!!!!!

Allow me to formally introduce myself; I am Dr. Sean Zarzana (Dr. Z), Andrew’s personal trainer. I am pleased to report that Andrew has earned a Sunday day of rest after 10 straight days of grueling re-conditioning. He arrived in Atlanta late on the 23rd of July and wasted no time beginning his training the next morning.

Andrew wanted me to share with all of you what the last ten days have looked like from his perspective. It all begins on the track at about 7:30-8:00 a.m. each morning for a serious hour and a half workout. We must begin early because after all,....... this is “Hotlanta” and after 9:30 a.m. one could practically melt! Immediately following extensive work on the track we move on to resistance (weight) training in the weight room for about a one-hour session. Basketball is the last activity for the morning/afternoon session and varies from one to three hours. Later that evening he is again put to the test for one more conditioning activity which usually lasts for about an hour and a half. That only leaves time for healthy eating and much needed sleep. This guy is a serious worker; you almost can’t give him enough.

At lunch on Saturday, Andrew said something that made me realize that he’s back. While eating grilled chicken and green beans he was cradling a basketball as if he were holding an infant in his arms. (Keep in mind, this was in the middle of a fairly busy restaurant). He excitedly yet softly spoke the following words, “Yo Z I can’t wait for this season.” There is a look in his eyes and a confidence in his workouts that should get all in Lakerland really excited.

Check back as we will update his workouts and progress from time to time!

Yours Truly,

Dr. Z!

tonyd3b54
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
It's clear from recent video and reports that he is well on his way to returning to dominant form in the low post. His explosiveness near the basket is amazing. I think we'll definitely get our money's worth as NBA fans this season.

Greg Oden Watch continues...

wat dominant form? last time i checked he didnt really dominate the low post in college 15ppg isnt dominant...now lets get up off our knees and watch him play in an actual game before we declare him the next russel...

king4day
08-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I've never seen his game, so he could hop and I'll think it's an explosive move to the basket :)

It's a VC3!
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
:clap:

oldenpolynice
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
wat dominant form? last time i checked he didnt really dominate the low post in college 15ppg isnt dominant...now lets get up off our knees and watch him play in an actual game before we declare him the next russel...

15ppg is dominant when you're playing for a national championship contender and you have two other players on the team who get picked in the first round of the draft.

Arodhr
08-14-2008, 02:35 PM
yes itis he even gained more from rehab

oldenpolynice
08-14-2008, 04:29 PM
It's great that Oden's back. But what a shame as soon as we get good news about Oden, reports come out that Brandon Roy needs knee surgery as well.