PDA

View Full Version : Another great start from Miner!

hoog
08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I was very hard on Zach Miner earlier in the year when he was coming out of the pen but since he hit the rotation he and Galaraga have been our one/two starters. Something changes in this guy when he starts and I think he's really made a case for a fourth or fifth spot in the rotation next year. Too bad the bullpen crapped all over another good starting performance. This is really getting to be annoying. I've found myself turning away from the game when the bullpen gets called in. It's just too hard to watch them implode.

Dalionking
08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
i have said it for a while now. he just isnt a bullpen guy. his is completely different when he is starting. he should be a starter from now on even if he does have to go down to toledo

stanpapi
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
He's done well so far. And if he keeps it up, he should be well positioned to fight for a starter's role in spring training. He's done well, but still has to win a job in spring.

Dalionking
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
yeah
that will be a problem because he has problems during spring training

m2j3
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Well if he does do well in spring, he's got a good shot. I like the look of him but I'm not sure if he's quite good enough.

Dalionking
08-13-2008, 12:45 PM
when i have watched him in spring training he hasnt looked good but seems to pitch well or at least decent in most starts.

hoog
08-13-2008, 01:14 PM
As of right now I'd have to say next year's rotation starts out like this:

#1- FA signee or trade
#2- Verlander
#3- Galaraga
#4- Miner
#5- Bonderman, Garcia, Willis, and a host of others

Robertson is either in the pen or gone
Kenny will not be re-signed

stanpapi
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
...,especially a guy like Miner who has been both excellent and poor. Still has not proven himself. He has to win a job in spring.

Bondomania
08-15-2008, 02:18 AM
yea, i agree with you Hoog.. i really think having a lefty starter is overrated.. the Bosox won the series without a lefty starter. I think that unless we make a trade for a major league ready starter then we are going to have to go out and sign someone. OR! we use next year as a rebuilding year, stay competitive hover around .500 again.. then in 2010 we could see another year like 2006, because we would have a TON of pitching coming up that could be ready to contribute both in the starting rotation and in the bullpen..