PDA

View Full Version : Zumaya injured for a change

stanpapi
08-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Is he the new Fidrych or what?

smarkow
08-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Its getting to the point where he should be shut down for the rest of the season, rest his shoulder and build some more strength, and begin preparing for next season.

Dalionking
08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
how do you shut him down every month though? he makes kerry wood look like the new iron man

stanpapi
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
but that Kerry Wood remark is the funniest thing I've heard so far today.

Dalionking
08-13-2008, 10:37 AM
zumaya will have this hang over him the rest of his career. when you get injured this often it is going to continue

stanpapi
08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Let's see, we've got the wrist (Guitar Hero), the finger (bullpen injury), the shoulder (write your own joke here), this, that, and the other thing. I mean, this could be just a minor setback. Happens, coming back from surgery. But for the moment, he's injury-prone.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
The Detroit Free Press reports that Joel Zumaya's loss Tuesday night "evidently will be his last appearance for a while" because of "ailments in his upper pitching arm."
Zumaya allowed two hits and handed out three walks without getting an out Tuesday, and according to manager Jim Leyland he had a medical exam after the game. "I can assure you, I'm not going to have Zumaya for a while, even if everything checks out all right," Leyland said. "All I know is there is a problem. Joel is not himself. I can see it in his face. I can see it in his demeanor. Right now, I don't feel comfortable pitching Joel. I'm not talking about because of results. I'm talking about because something is not right. It's going to be next year until he gets back to 100 percent."
Rotoworld.com

Bondomania
08-15-2008, 01:56 AM
the tigers rushed him back to soon.. keep in mind original reports were saying that he should just now be coming back from the shoulder surgery.. he came back almost a month and a half early.. i would have liked to see us use an option on him and let him continue to condition in lakeland and then work and earn his way back to detroit