PDA

View Full Version : #8 SG In THe Game Today!

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:06 AM
This will be a series of polls to get a true top 10 list at each spot.

I completed a list of top PG's by votes, Lets head over to the SG's. IN our latest poll Joe Johnson had a huge lead early so I have decided to close the poll a few hours early.

There are a lot of players to be picked from, Please pick the best player. some of the guys on the list could play SF but many have played mostly SG over the last few years..

REMEMBER TO VOTE AT THE GINOBILI VS CARTER POLL TO DECIDE THE NUMBER 5 SPOT AS WELL. HERE IS THE LINK. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259408

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Dwayne Wade
3) Tracy McGrady
4) Allen Iverson
5) Manu Ginobili
5) Vince Carter
7) Joe Johnson
8)
9)
10)

Don't Forget to vote and make comments!

Rome
08-13-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm going with Redd one this one. Just too dangerous behind the arc. Great scorer.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm going with Redd one this one. Just too dangerous behind the arc. Great scorer.

dont forget to vote in the carter-manu poll. Link is attached to this thread!

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Keep up the voting people!

3RDASYSTEM
08-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Are Yall Basin This On Yr To Yr Or Body Of Work For Many, If So Its Kobe N Ai Handz Down 1 And 2 In Any Order

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Are Yall Basin This On Yr To Yr Or Body Of Work For Many, If So Its Kobe N Ai Handz Down 1 And 2 In Any Order

Today not history...

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 09:43 AM
too many boston band wagon fans .. ray allen is not that good, a wicked strock but so does redd ... i think having a creator like peirce and a domanant tower like KG better open you up some good shots... but does that mean u are the number 8 sg ... not a chance .. guys like Rip have been doing there thing for years .. ray allen is over rated!
too many boston bandwaggon fans to make the vote fair :(

CELTICS4LYFE
08-13-2008, 10:18 AM
too many boston band wagon fans .. ray allen is not that good, a wicked strock but so does redd ... i think having a creator like peirce and a domanant tower like KG better open you up some good shots... but does that mean u are the number 8 sg ... not a chance .. guys like Rip have been doing there thing for years .. ray allen is over rated!

r u serious???? allen has been doin it way longer than rip lol every season in his career b4 last yr his ppg went up.......rip an chancey r the same player they didnt fit on any other team till they were together an they made it work pretty damn good!!! but a better sg than allen ur crazy an i would b sayin this if we was still in seattle or ok or w/e

North Yorker
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
I went with Roy because I think he's the better player now over Allen. Rip is also a stud and should make the list.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Remeber this is the best SG now, not all time... forget 5 years ago, its about the now...

AgentViet
08-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Brandon Roy, amazing stuff he's done to lead that young Blazer and he's only going to get better. He's basically already putting up 20/5/5.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 11:08 AM
bump

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 11:34 AM
wow i can't believe allen is this high.. but w/e... If Andre IGgy is on the list got to go with him... He is on the list so im voting for him... as far as doing so many things and having a impact on the team i have to go with igyy....

younggunn113
08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Iggy does everything. Redd is prob the best shooter of the bunch. Rip has a disguisting mid range J. Right now, I think they are all better than Allen. Allen in his past would be the best, but Allen put up very pedestrian numbers while playing with KG and PP. Id expect him to have better numbers with the better looks he got.

mikedesi1004
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
michael redd

charlsdq7
08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Iggy no doubt

Bosh=nextKG
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Redd has a sweet stroke from behind the arc but Monta has that midrange jumper and he can attack the rim so i pikc Monta Ellis

phillychi009
08-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Roy with Iggy right there, but Roy is a stud

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
very low voting turnout, lets pick it up people.

op12
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
i think everyone forgets how allen carried the load in seattle. and ok, you may say that is the past, but there were many night, even in the finals, the celtics would not have won without him. he played much better in the finals than kg and was a contender for mvp. ray is better, but rip, redd and roy are all solid picks at this point.

BigEric
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Kevin Martin..... are you kidding me? He is % wise better than Redd, and he takes less shots from the floor. If he were on a good team, he would be recognized. He scored almost 24 PPG from only 15 shot attempts from the field. When you look at a SHOOTING GUARD, you look at scoring, and he was number 6 last year. He is also a decent rebounder as well. People say Roy because of his teams success. How you can vote Michael Redd and Ray Allen is beyond me...

MiamiHeat
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
ill go with brandon roy on this one

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Kevin Martin..... are you kidding me? He is % wise better than Redd, and he takes less shots from the floor. If he were on a good team, he would be recognized. He scored almost 24 PPG from only 15 shot attempts from the field. When you look at a SHOOTING GUARD, you look at scoring, and he was number 6 last year. He is also a decent rebounder as well. People say Roy because of his teams success. How you can vote Michael Redd and Ray Allen is beyond me...

kevin martin can put the ball in the hoop but its more then that
spread the floor to open up for team mates
drive and get past defenders to break down defensis and zones
finish at the rim
shoot midrange
pass the ball
make smart decisions
low turnovers and good ball handeling so when attacked with doubles keeps posetion
scoring obviously
running the floor, minuets played and overall energy
DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE
etc.

kevin can score but he is soft in other areas

duke22
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
In my opinion of most complete 2 guards the list should go...

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Allen Iverson
3. Jason Richardson
4. Manu Ginobili
5. Rudy Gay
6. Joe Johnson
7. Vince Carter
8. Monta Ellis
9. Ray Allen
10. Jamal Crawford

duke22
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
and note: i didn't count d-wade and t-mac as 2 guards

UD5soul
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Iggy Son

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Brandon Roy

sugarrayray
08-13-2008, 02:36 PM

man you are stupid, he has carried teams his whole career and his stats suffered when he had pierce and garnett, u must not watch basketball, and if u do u must limit it to only one team cause u have no clue what u are talking about

LA_cabals
08-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Richard "Rip" Hamilton

How is he not getting any love...He has consistently been a top SG in this game for the last 7 years. Just look at their track record...

Roy is good, but c'mon he has not done anything but show amazing potential. There are still many areas of his game that he needs to improve on before he is placed ahead of other better overall players.

As for Allen, well he is a GREAT shooter, but that's about it. IMO to be a top 10 in the game you have to have more than just 1 dimension.

KNICKSFAN
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Martin, Allen and Roy are all erally good.

But I'll go with Roy.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
I really dont appreciate what the knick fanatic is doing.. just classless. I hope his threads get closed..

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
wow this is surprising.... i really don't think ray should be this high.. neither should manu but w/e......

IGgy does so much on the court.. not to mention plays great defense.... Iggy is going to be a 25.. 5 and 5.. guy...He def should be next.. hes in the level of the top 5.. he will be top 5 one day...

Last year he was at 19.9... 5.4 reb.... 4.8 assist pg..... Thats pretty much 20 5 and 5...

ANd his defense is sick.... carried that sixer team... He should def be there.

As for ray allen.. hes really being overrated to me... lIke the guy had a bad season last year besides the playoffs.... He was a great palye.r.a nd was in the top a couple of year ago.. but right now i would but iggy, rip, redd all ahead of him.. they just do so much more.. they are all better...

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 03:20 PM
I really dont appreciate what the knick fanatic is doing.. just classless. I hope his threads get closed..

dont worry i think he's going to close it down or somthing... He forgot a lot of people on the list as well.. So u might as well jsut do it over after the SG's are done.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM
dont worry i think he's going to close it down or somthing... He forgot a lot of people on the list as well.. So u might as well jsut do it over after the SG's are done.

Its not that I dont appreciate him getting it started but a simple PM would be nice. Considering the thread had the exact title I have been using.. Anyway its closed now. I will continue SF after..

Cheers

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Allen and roy are pretty close, lets get some more votes out there..

cheers

WntAbCEO
08-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Roy is a beast, big, strong, nice touch around the basket, good range, young, and a good leader, and would make an impact on any team

Chronz
08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Redd

op12
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
ray is an all star every year. did you see him tear it up in this years all star game? kevin martin and iggy are not all stars yet. they will be, but right now ray, rip, and roy are all stars, so they should be ahead. also ray can do a lot more than shoot. he has always been an underated driver.

Vinny642
08-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Ray isn't that great and Roy is a little overrated.

Chronz
08-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Why is Ray Allen leading this thing, hes past his prime and wasnt the player Redd was for the past 2-3 years.

Chronz
08-13-2008, 05:31 PM
ray is an all star every year. did you see him tear it up in this years all star game? kevin martin and iggy are not all stars yet. they will be, but right now ray, rip, and roy are all stars, so they should be ahead. also ray can do a lot more than shoot. he has always been an underated driver.
Redd can attack the rim much better than Ray Ray

*Superman*
08-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Allen is great. He gets my vote.

flyboy193
08-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Andre Iguodala by far andre does it on offense and defense his better than ray,
roy, and reed on defense some thing that people dont realize that is what
wins championships DEFENSE

superkegger
08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Maybe its just me, but I think Jrich is severly underrated. Shot 40% from 3 while also taking the most per game in the NBA. I just think he's so explosive as well as a great shooter. That's just me. But if not him I would have to go with Roy or Redd.

yaowowrocket11
08-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Richard Hamilton

Best of the group. Veteran who has played in all the big names and has came up clutch.

Dirty Dirk41
08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
allen is better tahn manu, vince and joe johnson...of course im picking him for 8th.....8TH!!! that is just stupid... i dont kno what game these peopl are watching

GspLAL
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
allen is better tahn manu, vince and joe johnson...of course im picking him for 8th.....8TH!!! that is just stupid... i dont kno what game these peopl are watching

Youre out of your damn mind if you think allen is better than manu.

Anyways, Id probably take Kevin Martin.

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
either ray allen or kevin martin.

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
plus, joe johnson should b lower in my opinion, but w/e.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 10:51 PM
A race between roy and allen, get your votes in!!

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Ray Allen

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Ray Allen is #8.

kvrnm
08-14-2008, 12:46 AM
micheal redd, how does iguadala have more votes then micheal redd?

Dirty Dirk41
08-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Youre out of your damn mind if you think allen is better than manu.

Anyways, Id probably take Kevin Martin.

guess im out of my mind.

Rhyming Rebel
08-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Im gonna go with Ray Allen

innovator
08-14-2008, 05:07 AM

im a huge laker fan and huge celtic hater but yet i have to put my hatred aside and vote for ray allen since he deserves it

Chronz
08-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Ray Allen
How is he better than Redd?

lakerboy
08-14-2008, 07:34 AM
I'd have Kevin Martin over any of these players.

RapsFan4Life
08-14-2008, 08:08 AM
im a huge laker fan and huge celtic hater but yet i have to put my hatred aside and vote for ray allen since he deserves it

how does he deserve it ... explain to me... i would rather get a guy like redd who can create his own shot ... allen doesnt show up to all the games< goes into shooting slumps and when he does its not like he has a sick cross over to get to the bucket ... he isnt even a good defender

RapsFan4Life
08-14-2008, 08:11 AM
and note: i didn't count d-wade and t-mac as 2 guards

so you think Dwade and Tmac are ....
maybe Tmac can be a small forward but he primarily plays SG, and Dwade .. he is pure SG standing at 6'4 ?? do you think he is a PG cuz if you think Dwade is a SF your dumb

LakerzDQ
08-14-2008, 08:16 AM
guess im out of my mind.

:laugh2:

op12
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM
how does he deserve it ... explain to me... i would rather get a guy like redd who can create his own shot ... allen doesnt show up to all the games< goes into shooting slumps and when he does its not like he has a sick cross over to get to the bucket ... he isnt even a good defender

ray has been creating his own shot his whole career. redd is good but can not carry a team to the playoffs, ray has done that a number of times. i think redd is a very good sg, but ray has proven time after time how good he is. he goes on one shooting slump and you say he doesnt show up. please, i dont see redd competing for mvp of the finals. he is a better defender than redd also. no one hated on ray until he joined the celtics, that says a lot.

Chronz
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
ray has been creating his own shot his whole career. redd is good but can not carry a team to the playoffs, ray has done that a number of times. i think redd is a very good sg, but ray has proven time after time how good he is. he goes on one shooting slump and you say he doesnt show up. please, i dont see redd competing for mvp of the finals. he is a better defender than redd also. no one hated on ray until he joined the celtics, that says a lot.

Redd made the playoffs before so what do you mean he cant get there and what does Ray has proven time after time how good he is even mean, Redd has done the same. And of course Redd isnt competing for a finals MVP, his team didnt make the finals.