PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili vs Carter for #5 Best SG: - Thread related to top 10 position poll

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Ok people we need to settle the number 5 spot in our rankings system. Carter and Mau tied with 52 votes each so we need to have a vote off. Mod's please keep this thread on this part of the forum as we need to decide this issue with the most votes possible and that can't be done on the comp forum. Please vote!

Cheers

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THE NETS OR SPURS FOURM GETTING PEOPLE TO VOTE. THIS VOTE IS MEANT TO RECIEVE A VOTING BIAS THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A LARGE GROUP OF ON TEAM'S FANS. THANKS AND ENJOY!

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 08:17 AM
nice thread mile high
go Vince, even though his character and heart is unquestionably garbage ... and manu a tough hardworker who gives 110 % and has a winning mentality ... vince is just a better athlete and gifted beyond belief

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
nice thread mile high
go Vince, even though his character and heart is unquestionably garbage ... and manu a tough hardworker who gives 110 % and has a winning mentality ... vince is just a better athlete and gifted beyond belief

thanks, personally I could not go againit Manu and what he has done for the spurs come playoff time..

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Carter, he has been more dominant over the years.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Carter years ago but now its all about Manu..

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Where is everyone, please get some votes in!

Rome
08-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Went with Manu. Hate the guy with a passion, but his rings speak for themselves. Dude is just clutch and his desire to win is unmatched. VC few years back yea, but Manu steps up when he has to and handles business.

kuppz
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
are you kidding me this isn't even a competition i'm surprised it's even this close. Ginobili is a proven winner and champion. NBA Finals MVP, 6th man of the year award and multiple championship winner. Carter is a proven loser who earned nothing in his career except for the reputation of being a pusy bych. IMO if any gm in the league had a choice between the two they'd all take manu.

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
are you kidding me this isn't even a competition i'm surprised it's even this close. Ginobili is a proven winner and champion. NBA Finals MVP, 6th man of the year award and multiple championship winner. Carter is a proven loser who earned nothing in his career except for the reputation of being a pusy bych. IMO if any gm in the league had a choice between the two they'd all take manu.

please enlighten me, what year was he finals MVP ?

AgentViet
08-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Carter is more talented, but Manu is a better guy to have on your team because he doesn't have a questionable attitude. I'm going with Manu, but I know the overstock of Nets fan will steer this into VC's favour.

kuppz
08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
please enlighten me, what year was he finals MVP ?

Ur rite my bad I thought he won it in 2005 because I remember him jus goin off thru those playoffs. He was edged out 6-4 in votes and Duncan won. Even still when has carter made a contribution close to that.

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Ur rite my bad I thought he won it in 2005 because I remember him jus goin off thru those playoffs. He was edged out 6-4 in votes and Duncan won. Even still when has carter made a contribution close to that.

when he was with the raps brought them single handedly to the playoffs with tmac, antonia davis ... he was super star and his numbers last 2 years are pretty darn good .. but attitude definetly questionable .. but when it comes to putting the orange in the basket vince is better

kuppz
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
bottom line carter's a loser not a winner

Drewlius
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM

:clap:

SaimoNETS
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
VInce Carter

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
the question doesnt say whos got more bling bling on their finguer or who plays with a better pg or whos going to hall of fame or who has more highlights .. this is asking ... if you take lebron out of the cavs and stick in manu or vince, which team will get more wins vince and the rest of the cavs or manu and the rest of the cavs ??

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 11:33 AM
the question doesnt say whos got more bling bling on their finguer or who plays with a better pg or whos going to hall of fame or who has more highlights .. this is asking ... if you take lebron out of the cavs and stick in manu or vince, which team will get more wins vince and the rest of the cavs or manu and the rest of the cavs ??

That's an interesting way to put it. In that case VC.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM

good way of putting it... And it is the best way to view it... Manu is a great palyer... he has rings on his finger.. vince his a great playmaker.. he has a pretty decent resume... and is a big time play maker...

BUt the question is asking who the overall better player is... and as far as im concerned.. Carter can do a lot more on the court than ginobli can..

U cant say ooo carter isnt a winner... or carter is a loser or w/e

The question simply asks.... Who the better player is.... NOt who shows mroe passion

VInce can run a teamm better than manu can.. i just can't really imagine manu being a first option...

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 11:42 AM

Do u even read the question.. its plain and simple asking you who the better player is today.. who is more talented.. and can do more for their team...

NOt who won 6 man of the year or.. who won championships... or who has a bad rep....

WHOS a better Ball palyer?

IF u judiging this on who has more rings... wth.. robert horry would be one of the greatest ball players to ever play the game :rolleyes:

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Do u even read the question.. its plain and simple asking you who the better player is today.. who is more talented.. and can do more for their team...

NOt who won 6 man of the year or.. who won championships... or who has a bad rep....

WHOS a better Ball palyer?

IF u judiging this on who has more rings... wth.. robert horry would be one of the greatest ball players to ever paly the game :rolleyes:

hahahahaha big shot bob !!! last time he hit a winner was when lebron was in 5th grade

sep11ie
08-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Vince is better. Manu is only known cause he plays for the Spurs.

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
That's an interesting way to put it. In that case VC.

vote for vince!

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
good way of putting it... And it is the best way to view it... Manu is a great palyer... he has rings on his finger.. vince his a great playmaker.. he has a pretty decent resume... and is a big time play maker...

BUt the question is asking who the overall better player is... and as far as im concerned.. Carter can do a lot more on the court than ginobli can..

The question simply asks.... Who the better player is.... NOt who shows mroe passion

VInce can run a teamm better than manu can.. i just can't really imagine manu being a first option...

vote for vince!

SaimoNETS
08-13-2008, 11:48 AM
VInce Vince VInce

mikedesi1004
08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
manu

kuppz
08-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Vince can run a teamm better than manu can.. i just can't really imagine manu being a first option...

Heart and passion is a nescissary ingrediant in the making of a great player. Im not doubting that carter has all the god given talent in the world but he never cared enough to elevate his game to that next level and reach all his untapped potential. I personally would not want him on my team because he brings a negative attitude with him which will carry on to the rest of the team. In manu you have a true professional and what everyone is seeming to forget hes dirty too. He can shoot, drive to the hoop (which he does more than vince) and he can score the clutch points. Weel c how jersey does this year just with vince (I say under 30 wins)

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Heart and passion is a nescissary ingrediant in the making of a great player. Im not doubting that carter has all the god given talent in the world but he never cared enough to elevate his game to that next level and reach all his untapped potential. I personally would not want him on my team because he brings a negative attitude with him which will carry on to the rest of the team. In manu you have a true professional and what everyone is seeming to forget hes dirty too. He can shoot, drive to the hoop (which he does more than vince) and he can score the clutch points. Weel c how jersey does this year just with vince (I say under 30 wins)

VC went to the ft line 429 times last season, Manu 442 not as big of a difference as your espn knowledge is making it out to be.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 12:03 PM

I see what ur saying... just because vince has the talent to take it to the next level with the likes of kobe and lebron.. and hasnt .. doesnt make him any less of the player he is.. He is still right under those guys.. and can perform liek those guys at certain times..

U cant take away from the palyer he is because hes not lebron or kobe.. even though he has the talent to be...

U clearly know vince can do more than manu and is better.. ur just voting for manu because vince hasnt taken it to that level... but manu has never even had the chance to take it to that level.. HE's good but its not even funny that they are being compared.

nygiants242
08-13-2008, 12:05 PM
manu.. even as a laker fan ill say that

daleja424
08-13-2008, 12:05 PM
gotta be Manu...

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
VC went to the ft line 429 times last season, Manu 442 not as big of a difference as your espn knowledge is making it out to be.

good find.. and all u manu supporters .. please dont use the " he doesnt play as many minutes" excuse... Or else i will use the " vince was hurt excuse"///

ANd u also have to consider the special relationship the spurs have with the refs.... THe nba might as welll suck Pop and Td off... Manu def gets more calls in his favor than vince does..

Iwe only know how biased the refs are.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
manu.. even as a laker fan ill say that

gotta be Manu...

why don't the manu supporters ever justify themselves? Whats ur reasoning?

Lakersfan2483
08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Manu Ginobli

rabzouz 96
08-13-2008, 12:26 PM
hahahahaha big shot bob !!! last time he hit a winner was when lebron was in 5th grade

actually he hit one against the raps last season or the season before

kuppz
08-13-2008, 12:34 PM
why don't the manu supporters ever justify themselves? Whats ur reasoning?

Are you kidding me bud. W.E check out the stats.

MANU
2007-08 Statistics
PPG 19.5
RPG 4.8
APG 4.5
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.460
FT% 0.860
3P% 0.401
MPG 31.0

VINCE
2007-08 Statistics
PPG 21.3
RPG 6.0
APG 5.1
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.816
3P% 0.359
MPG 38.9

look both players stats are very similar in every category. The only ones notable differances are MPG and 3pt %. Remember manu is doing this with two other players getting the ball just as much as him if not more.

Another thing i think the league agrees that manu is the better player - Manu all nba 3rd team 2008...

phillychi009
08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Carter

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow this is much closer than I would have thought.

Zefflin
08-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I hate that flopping land trapped salmon Manu but I vote for him.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Are you kidding me bud. W.E check out the stats.

MANU
2007-08 Statistics
PPG 19.5
RPG 4.8
APG 4.5
SPG 1.5
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.460
FT% 0.860
3P% 0.401
MPG 31.0

VINCE
2007-08 Statistics
PPG 21.3
RPG 6.0
APG 5.1
SPG 1.2
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.456
FT% 0.816
3P% 0.359
MPG 38.9

look both players stats are very similar in every category. The only ones notable differances are MPG and 3pt %. Remember manu is doing this with two other players getting the ball just as much as him if not more.

Another thing i think the league agrees that manu is the better player - Manu all nba 3rd team 2008...

good post. I think Manu does as much as a 3rd option as carter does as a first or second option...

also manu averaged 13.3 FGA's a game compared to Vince's 16.9

They are very close in several statistical categories but the stats dont show hustle and effort and that breaks the tie for me...

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Stats dont mean everything in basketball, manu does so many things better than Carter. I would want him as my sg over carter.

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME NETS FANS.. PLEASE STOP POSTING IN THE THREAD IN THE NETS FORUM FOR "VINCE #5 SG. I dont want a bias on this poll.. We dont need the homer votes here.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME NETS FANS.. PLEASE STOP POSTING IN THE THREAD IN THE NETS FORUM FOR "VINCE #5 SG. I dont want a bias on this poll.. We dont need the homer votes here.

well its to late for that. If Nets and Spurs fans were excluded Manu should be killing Vince...

sep11ie
08-13-2008, 01:57 PM
good post. I think Manu does as much as a 3rd option as carter does as a first or second option...

They are very close in several statistical categories but the stats dont show hustle and effort and that breaks the tie for me...

And if Manu was better than he is he wouldn't be a 3rd option would he?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 01:58 PM

That thread has been dead.. no one has mde comments on it since whenever.. so u cant say anything this time.

well its to late for that. If Nets and Spurs fans
were excluded Manu should be killing Vince...

Yea right.. why don't you take out all the carter haters too? THen i think it would be right.... then carter would kill manu

UHmm and also how do u figure that? I think they're are definitly more Spur fans than there are NEts fans in here.

BigEric
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I dont think its any of these 2.

NYKnickFanatic
08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
VC15!

Gotta have love for him!

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:05 PM
That thread has been dead.. no one has mde comments on it since whenever.. so u cant say anything this time.

Yea right.. why don't you take out all the carter haters too? THen i think it would be right.... then carter would kill manu

UHmm and also how do u figure that? I think they're are definitly more Spur fans than there are NEts fans in here.

are you outta your mind?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

NJ Nets have the 5th most active forum while the Spurs have the 7th least active (The nets have 76K posts and the Spurs have 6K)... get outta here with that!!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Okay so vince shoots about 3 mroe shots a game... given manu's field goal percentage.. that would give about 2-3 more point? drawing them even.. But what about rebounding? Passing? ball handling? !!! Manu isnt evne coamprable in all of those categories.... And he turns the ball over more..

Vince carter is much more dynamic than manu will ever be..

And his scoring numbers wouldnt even be close if carter wasnt hurt.. Carter puts up 25 ppg almost every season.. he was hurt.. or else manu wouldnt evne come close.. he hasnt ever averaged 20 plus in his career comon.. just shows u Vince is much a better scorer... if he didnt get hurt and a little more help around him ... it wouldnt even be close....

THink about it... If vince carter was playing with tim duncan and tony parker.... U know how much attention it would take off of him?

Vince played with jason collins, j kidd ( who is not a great scoring threat), Rj was a ball hog, Josh boone ( not a scoring threat)...Coming vince had triple team on him every single night... The teams primary focus was on carter...

On the spurs.. they look to stop duncan, and tonY p.. who both can score 20 plus points a game.. then they look at manu...

It always easier to score the ball when your the team third trheat.. rather than being the teams 1st threat or only threat...

ANd vince still averaged more.. andhad better numbers.. even though manu played less minutes... Vince was hurt..

So its not even a serious competition to me to tell u the truth.

If i was putting money between manu and vince.. on who will have a bigger impact .. or have more poitns rebounds.. assists and all that at the end of a game.. I would Go with Vince... for sure.. and I'm sure most of u would too.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
And if Manu was better than he is he wouldn't be a 3rd option would he?

no all it says about Manu is that he is unselfish. He volunteered to come off the Spurs bench... u think Vince would offer to do that? NO! Manu is a great teammate who doesn't mind being the third option to win titles... where vince would rather be the #1 option and miss the playoffs... sad!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
are you outta your mind?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

NJ Nets have the 5th most active forum while the Spurs have the 7th least active (The nets have 76K posts and the Spurs have 6K)... get outta here with that!!

O wow thats surprising.. but im also considering that the other non nets-spur fans ... like the spurs more than the nets.. they don't watch the nets at all.. they dont really care about them... I think that evens it out.. also think about how many people hate vince carter? ALl the raptors fans? NOt alll of them RAPTORFAN4LIFE is hte only one that isnt really biased.

Vince is one of the most hated athleates on PSD>..

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Okay so vince shoots about 3 mroe shots a game... given manu's field goal percentage.. that would give about 2-3 more point? drawing them even.. But what about rebounding? Passing? ball handling? !!! Manu isnt evne coamprable in all of those categories.... And he turns the ball over more..

Vince carter is much more dynamic than manu will ever be..

And his scoring numbers wouldnt even be close if carter wasnt hurt.. Carter puts up 25 ppg almost every season.. he was hurt.. or else manu wouldnt evne come close.. he hasnt ever averaged 20 plus in his career comon.. just shows u Vince is much a better scorer... if he didnt get hurt and a little more help around him ... it wouldnt even be close....

THink about it... If vince carter was playing with tim duncan and tony parker.... U know how much attention it would take off of him?

Vince played with jason collins, j kidd ( who is not a great scoring threat), Rj was a ball hog, Josh boone ( not a scoring threat)...Coming vince had triple team on him every single night... The teams primary focus was on carter...

On the spurs.. they look to stop duncan, and tonY p.. who both can score 20 plus points a game.. then they look at manu...

It always easier to score the ball when your the team third trheat.. rather than being the teams 1st threat or only threat...

ANd vince still averaged more.. andhad better numbers.. even though manu played less minutes... Vince was hurt..

So its not even a serious competition to me to tell u the truth.

If i was putting money between manu and vince.. on who will have a bigger impact .. or have more poitns rebounds.. assists and all that at the end of a game.. I would Go with Vince... for sure.. and I'm sure most of u would too.

again...instead of making a blind claim...look at the numbers... In two of the 4 games that Duncan missed Manu put up 37. Then when Parker was out Manu went on an amazing streak and was averaging around 30 ppg...

Zefflin
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Vince Carter should be 6th (NO RINGS PEOPLE!!) start trying harder instead of trying to look cool dunking you lazy ****, and I can truly say that Manu is easily on my top 3 most hated list.

Vince is not.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
O wow thats surprising.. but im also considering that the other non nets-spur fans ... like the spurs more than the nets.. they don't watch the nets at all.. they dont really care about them... I think that evens it out.. also think about how many people hate vince carter? ALl the raptors fans? NOt alll of them RAPTORFAN4LIFE is hte only one that isnt really biased.

Vince is one of the most hated athleates on PSD>..

what are you talking about... as a heat fan I HATE the Spurs and Manu...as do most other fans... but we still respect him. When Manu is playing my team I just want to break his leg b/c he is so annoying... but I have to respect the effort, hustle, and desire to win that he brings to the table...

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Vince Carter should be 6th (NO RINGS PEOPLE!!) start trying you lazy ****, and I can truly say that Manu is easily on my top 3 most hated list.

Vince is not.

EXACTLY MY POINT.

If I made a hate list... Manu would be top 5 for sure along with bowen, nocioni, and some others... VC wouldnt even be in my top ten I dont think...

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:17 PM
heres the difference: manu is the guy that everyone hates, but secretly wished was on their team... vince is the guy that no one hates, but that no one wants on their team...

UD5soul
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Vinsanity

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 02:20 PM
again...instead of making a blind claim...look at the numbers... In two of the 4 games that Duncan missed Manu put up 37. Then when Parker was out Manu went on an amazing streak and was averaging around 30 ppg...

yea he did for liek what 6 games? Over the course of a season? no/..

Manu has never been a #1 scoring option and never will be for any team...

Imagine manu got the same amount of attention vince des on a nightly basses?

The other teams defence is set up to stop VINCE!

Manu is never the teams primary focus....

IF manu was getting double and triple teamed every freaken night.. he would be in so much trouble... Just because he doesnt have the talent and physical attributes to deal with that.. He would not be able to handle it as well as Vince does.. he doesnt have the ability to dribble out of it.. or pass out of it.. or creats his own difficult shot... LIKE CARTER DOES>

I mean comon liek raptor5lifefans said.. take lebron out of the cavs.. put in vince and then put in ginobli...

WHo would do better? wat team would be better? wat team would be easier to beat?

Vince would be able to carry that team a lot better than manu would.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Vince Carter should be 6th (NO RINGS PEOPLE!!) start trying harder instead of trying to look cool dunking you lazy ****, and I can truly say that Manu is easily on my top 3 most hated list.

Vince is not.

what are you talking about... as a heat fan I HATE the Spurs and Manu...as do most other fans... but we still respect him. When Manu is playing my team I just want to break his leg b/c he is so annoying... but I have to respect the effort, hustle, and desire to win that he brings to the table...

Exactly.. but u ahve no respect for carter right? Your tellign em that doesnt effect your voting? Of course it does... U know carter is bettter but.. you have no respect for the way he plays.. and his attitude? Thats why ur voting manu...

BUT AGAIN THE QUESTION IS TALKING ABOUT WHO THE BETTER BALL PLAYER IS! NOT WHO YOU RESPECT MORE.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM

IF manu was getting double and triple teamed every freaken night.. he would be in so much trouble... Just because he doesnt have the talent and physical attributes to deal with that.. He would not be able to handle it as well as Vince does.. he doesnt have the ability to dribble out of it.. or pass out of it.. or creats his own difficult shot... LIKE CARTER DOES>

I mean comon liek raptor5lifefans said.. take lebron out of the cavs.. put in vince and then put in ginobli...

WHo would do better? wat team would be better? wat team would be easier to beat?

Well I dont regularly watch the Nets but I know when they play the Heat we stick one guy on him and thats it...b/c all he is going to do is jack up 3 pointers anyways...

if other teams really pay him that kind of attention I dont know... but I know the heat dont. And what good is being a #1 option for a team that cant win games? All I know is manu isnt concerned about being a #1...even though he could be... he just does what it takes to win.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Exactly.. but u ahve no respect for carter right? Your tellign em that doesnt effect your voting? Of course it does... U know carter is bettter but.. you have no respect for the way he plays.. and his attitude? Thats why ur voting manu...

BUT AGAIN THE QUESTION IS TALKING ABOUT WHO THE BETTER BALL PLAYER IS! NOT WHO YOU RESPECT MORE.

No I am telling you that they are pretty much even from a production standpoint but that the respect I have for the way Manu plays the game swings it in his favor....

Whose better...gilbert arenas or kobe? From a #'s standpoint the guys arent that different...but Kobe has a MUCH MUCH bigger influence on the game as a whole... its very similar between Manu and Carter for me...

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Vince Carter

x15jordanx23
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
vince carter

still1ballin
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL my vote just tied it at 39-39...i voted for manu.

KNICKSFAN
08-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow I just broke the tie w/ Manu. Its close but I think there are better SGs out there than VC, his season was bad...

rabzouz 96
08-13-2008, 03:01 PM
thats way too high for manu, i would rather have joe johnson,michael redd,ray allen and others on my team before id take him as my starting sg,dunno how he can be placed that high,and he has his rings because hes on the spurs,put him in a team with j kidd and a frontcourt of jason collins and nenad krstic and he wouldnt have any of those rings

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Well I dont regularly watch the Nets but I know when they play the Heat we stick one guy on him and thats it...b/c all he is going to do is jack up 3 pointers anyways...

if other teams really pay him that kind of attention I dont know... but I know the heat dont. And what good is being a #1 option for a team that cant win games? All I know is manu isnt concerned about being a #1...even though he could be... he just does what it takes to win.

yea... maybe you guys should start thinking about playing him one on one.. because this year he averaged:

22.5 ppg... 9.5 reb pg.. and 6.5 assist pergame against u guys.... yea maybe u should..

O yea I think he scored 52 points against u guys too as well

O yea he also had a 40 point triple double against u guys tooo

O yea as a nets hes averaging like 28.5 pg with like 6 reb 6 ast? Wow..... Yea I think time u start double teaming him Bro... u guys should think about it...

The year before last or somthing.. he averahed 38.5 ppg.. 9 reb 5 ast?

I don't think the one on one is working....

O yea and Thats not what pat riley said:

"Question: Upon reviewing the 51-point game that Vince Carter put up, what type of things can you tell your team about containing him?

Pat Riley: There were about four or five situations in which you have a scheme where you have a team defense that can shut down the first part of it, but a lot of it was individual. He had 12 free throws in garbage time, and they're trying to come back and fouling just to stop the clock. He had open court dunks, he had drives, he had three-pointers... he did a lot of great things. "

- Insidehoops.com

SO what pat is saying is that the 4 or 5 situation he had a chance he did design the defense to stop him.....

And u say ud otn apy any attention to him.. hmm... not sure who is telling the truth..
Maybe the games in miami are telecasted at different anles that hides those things..

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Good discussion and this is very close once again. I would really hate for this to be another tie again..hahah

Mile High Champ
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
thats way too high for manu, i would rather have joe johnson,michael redd,ray allen and others on my team before id take him as my starting sg,dunno how he can be placed that high,and he has his rings because hes on the spurs,put him in a team with j kidd and a frontcourt of jason collins and nenad krstic and he wouldnt have any of those rings

Well the forum voted and allen, redd, johnson were not close to Vince or Manu.

SC1211
08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Voting for Vince Carter is a travesty. The clear answer is Manu.

Zefflin
08-13-2008, 03:31 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I hate Manu more than anyone on these boards but the man has RINGS, RINGS you fool! I have no problems with VC, he's a great player and a fantastic athelite but he doesn't bring his all. He's a *****. He has the killer instinct of a stoned turtle.

What are you freaking out about respect for Aretha? I spoke nothing about it, I will now. I hated Lebron for a long time at first but now the hate is completely gone and it's replaced with respect. He's a freak.

I never thought in a million years I'd ever defend Manu over anything, but if he doesn't get #5 these lists mean nothing.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I hate Manu more than anyone on these boards but the man has RINGS, RINGS you fool! I have no problems with VC, he's a great player and a fantastic athelite but he doesn't bring his all. He's a *****. He has the killer instinct of a stoned turtle.

What are you freaking out about respect for Aretha? I spoke nothing about it, I will now. I hated Lebron for a long time at first but now the hate is completely gone and it's replaced with respect. He's a freak.

I never thought in a million years I'd ever defend Manu over anything, but if he doesn't get #5 these lists mean nothing.

Well thats ur personal opinion.. im just saying u shouldn't factor in vince being "lazy" in your eyes.. and that hes a "loser" and stuff.... Its asking who the better player is.. not who works harder.. plays harder.. or plays on more of a winning team..... It asking u who the better play is

Manu may work harder than carter but it doesnt mean hes better than vince.... Vince is jsut naturally better...

ANd to me I think Vince should be on the top 5 list.. cause thats the way i Feel.. I got nothing against what u feel.. its ur opinion dude.. i just dont agree... we'll see... ITs a TIe right now this as close as a vote ive ever seen in these forums.

mr.Latino
08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
i went with manu cuz he is sik, but 4real cuz his game n rings speaks for himself

njnets
08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
when does the thread close?

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM
when does the thread close?

I think it closes at 7:57 A.m tom

Zefflin
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Well thats ur personal opinion.. im just saying u shouldn't factor in vince being "lazy" in your eyes.. and that hes a "loser" and stuff.... Its asking who the better player is.. not who works harder.. plays harder.. or plays on more of a winning team..... It asking u who the better play is

Who are you quoting there because that's certaining not anything I said about Vince. I just called him a *****. (female dog:p)

Manu may work harder than carter but it doesnt mean hes better than vince.... Vince is jsut naturally better...

See that's where your wrong...Manu IS a better player than Vince (not by much at all) BECAUSE he works so much harder. To be the best you have to work the hardest (look at kobe), you have to have that killer instinct, that drive and determenation. Something VC sorely lacks.

Chronz
08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Ill add my 2 cents in abit but man Im going thru these posts and there are ALOT of misconceptions about Manu, limited minutes, shot attempts, rebounding prowess etc... anyways Im not ready to vote but people, there is a good reason why these 2 were tied, its not like one blows the other completely outta the water, I will say this, last year Manu's stats were much better than Vince's.

hockeypro68
08-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow, i just tied it back up. This is Close.

DrHoops21
08-13-2008, 04:49 PM
im kinda tempted to start making new usernames and boost manus votes

YankeeFan89
08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
VC! but MANU is up there..FLIP A COIN!

DiMaria
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM

Carter also shoots more, and plays more minutes.

DiMaria
08-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Now your just being ignorant.

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Maybe if you want all of your accounts banned.

Da_Great_White
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
carters got a better shot and altho not like he used to he can take that first step into the lane for a dunk. as a spur hater i say ginobili is trash semi reliable shot no speed should get blocked more but he takes that 3rd step

rabzouz 96
08-13-2008, 05:56 PM

he has rings, so what, robert horry has much more rings than manu, but he isnt a better player. lebron has no rings, hence hes worse than manu? its about the team not the plyer

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM

Nice and ppl were complaining about me trying to get people involved in a good way? WOw.. Better not hear anything about that no more.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Now your just being ignorant.

No i think your being ignorant....

When is manu ever the teams primary focus going into the game?

I know most team worry about stoping TIm duncan and Tony parker b4 they think about manu.. PLz.. Ignorant.. Its the truth.

Chaudhry
08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
he has rings, so what, robert horry has much more rings than manu, but he isnt a better player. lebron has no rings, hence hes worse than manu? its about the team not the plyer

when players are close in talent and other aspects you turn to rings... obviously lebron is better, you don't have to go to rings to prove that... but when the stats are as close as they are for these two then rings help...

and manu is often the focus of the spurs offense, thats why he comes off the bench... obviously he's not gonna be the focus when tim duncan is playing... but if tim is on the bench or off his game then they iso for ginobili

madiaz3
08-13-2008, 06:14 PM
when players are close in talent and other aspects you turn to rings... obviously lebron is better, you don't have to go to rings to prove that... but when the stats are as close as they are for these two then rings help...

and manu is often the focus of the spurs offense, thats why he comes off the bench... obviously he's not gonna be the focus when tim duncan is playing... but if tim is on the bench or off his game then they iso for ginobili

agreed similar talent with similar help

HOF PF and young star PG, HOF PG and young star SF for carter

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
used 2 b vince w/o a doubt. now its manu.

skyhibballpj87
08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Manu is never the teams primary focus...

i wouldnt say hes never the teams primary focus most of time hes not but wat about when duncan and parker go to the bench doesnt he become the teams primary focus or main scorer. i am not a manu fan by i far i think the guys a flopaholic but he is very clutch and can hit 3s and jumpers more consistent then carter. Carter takes alot of bad shots. but i can see your point about him being guarded more and carter being able to carry a tm. i think its a close match though because carter is an all star but manu would be an important contributor on any team but i think i give the slight edge to carter. Yes manu has rings but he wasnt the only player to contribute to get them. im sure if carter had a guys like duncan parker he would win rings too.

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Manu is never the teams primary focus...

i wouldnt say hes never the teams primary focus most of time hes not but wat about when duncan and parker go to the bench doesnt he become the teams primary focus or main scorer. i am not a manu fan by i far i think the guys a flopaholic but he is very clutch and can hit 3s and jumpers more consistent then carter. Carter takes alot of bad shots. but i can see your point about him being guarded more and carter being able to carry a tm. i think its a close match though because carter is an all star but manu would be an important contributor on any team but i think i give the slight edge to carter. Yes manu has rings but he wasnt the only player to contribute to get them. im sure if carter had a guys like duncan parker he would win rings too.

Exactly

Joshtd1
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Manu.

No point in arguing this anymore, if there was half as many Spurs fans as Nets fans, this wouldnt be that close.

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Manu just jumped 4 votes in under 1 min

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Manu.

No point in arguing this anymore, if there was half as many Spurs fans as Nets fans, this wouldnt be that close.

:laugh:
Go to our forums. It won't take long to see that out of the handful of Nets fans here only 7 Like Carter. There aren't alot of us, so don't make excuses.

Joshtd1
08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
:laugh:
Go to our forums. It won't take long to see that out of the handful of Nets fans here only 7 Like Carter. There aren't alot of us, so don't make excuses.

How am I making excuses..Manu is winning:confused:

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
How am I making excuses..Manu is winning:confused:

:confused: What were you whining about then???

JIDsanity
08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Manu just jumped 4 votes in under 1 min

6 in 3 min

Joshtd1
08-13-2008, 07:02 PM
:confused: What were you whining about then???

Im not whining, Im just saying it was funny how Manu was beating VC by a good amount last time, and then after that thread went up in the Nets forum, it got tied.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2008, 07:35 PM
when he was with the raps brought them single handedly to the playoffs with tmac, antonia davis ... he was super star and his numbers last 2 years are pretty darn good .. but attitude definetly questionable .. but when it comes to putting the orange in the basket vince is better

and he can't guard anyone, and he went to his graduation the day of game 7 instead of getting ready to play for the team that paid him millions. Vince has all the talent in the world. That isn't the problem. It is that he could be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better if he wanted, and people don't like to see some $17 million a year player play half speed, and loaf around. He doesn't care about anything except making sportscenter, or getting that paycheck. Manu plays hard every possesion, and the question was, who is better now. If you would seriously take VC over Manu today, than you are either a total homer, or don't know much about basketball. You just like the youtube videos from 2000 when Vince gave a sh@t

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
damn this sucks.. its starting to get not to close anymore.. its a shame..

njnets
08-13-2008, 08:20 PM
theres a lot of time left. just hope that VC lovers will sign on and not manu lovers lol.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 08:25 PM
theres a lot of time left. just hope that VC lovers will sign on and not manu lovers lol.

yess sir lol.

Boozerguy47
08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Vince is more explosive, but Manu has the rings.

lalakobe24
08-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Ginobliiiiiiii!!!

LakerzDQ
08-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Ginobili has always been 3rd option in a good team. Vince has always been a 1st option in a bad team.

what the hell has Ginobili done to be better than Vince Carter?

Ginobili can NEVER be a legit 1st option. stop saying things like "if Manu played 40 minutes and was the primary scorer..." well, he just CAN'T be a primary scorer. he doesn't have the skill, the versatility, the strength to carry a god damn team.

I'm not a Nets fan, and I sure ain't a Vince Carter fan.

"manu has the rings"

that's the worst excuse ever. it's okay to talk about rings when 2 players are of the same level of play, but Vince Carter is miles ahead of Manu Ginobili. Manu Ginobili was 3rd option in the Spurs! now he's sharing the 2nd option responsibility with Tony Parker! Ray Allen won a ring as 2nd/3rd option with the Celtics, does that mean he's better than Vince? Hell, Glen Rice won rings as 3rd option with the Lakers, does that mean he was better than Vince? to hell with this excuse.

Ginobili has PLENTY of opportunities to score with the Spurs, but why do they always go on offensive droughts? Can't Manu do something about that? no. because he's just not that good.

Catfish1314
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Manu and it's not even close.

lalakobe24
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Ginobili has always been 3rd option in a good team. Vince has always been a 1st option in a bad team.

Ginobili can NEVER be a legit 1st option. stop saying things like "if Manu played 40 minutes and was the primary scorer..." well, he just CAN'T be a primary scorer. he doesn't have the skill, the versatility, the strength to carry a god damn team.

"manu has the rings"

that's the worst excuse ever. it's okay to talk about rings when 2 players are of the same level of play, but Vince Carter is miles ahead of Manu Ginobili. Manu Ginobili was 3rd option in the Spurs! now he's sharing the 2nd option responsibility with Tony Parker! Ray Allen won a ring as 2nd/3rd option with the Celtics, does that mean he's better than Vince? Hell, Glen Rice won rings as 3rd option with the Lakers, does that mean he was better than Vince? to hell with this excuse.

Ginobili has PLENTY of opportunities to score with the Spurs, but why do they always go on offensive droughts? Can't Manu do something about that? no. because he's just not that good.

ginobliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM

"manu has the rings"

EXACTLY... thats what I have been tryign to tell them.. you may call me a homer..but even comparing them is crazy.. if i didint like Vince.. i would still go with him... they are on two different levels.. Great post.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
ginobliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Yeaaa... thats all you carter have been saying .. but nothing after that.. cause u know ur wrong.:rolleyes:

daleja424
08-13-2008, 09:44 PM
EXACTLY... thats what I have been tryign to tell them.. you may call me a homer..but even comparing them is crazy.. if i didint like Vince.. i would still go with him... they are on two different levels.. Great post.

ya..comparing them is so crazy that more people think Ginobili is better then carter at this point... that makes sense...

LakerzDQ
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
ya..comparing them is so crazy that more people think Ginobili is better then carter at this point... that makes sense...

the Ginobili love is unbelievable.

Ginobili has NEVER averaged even 20 points per game.

if Vince Carter was in the Spurs, he'd be scoring the easiest buckets. Vince might take too much shots for some people's tastes, but it's because his team needs him to take alot of shots.

yaowowrocket11
08-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Manu is a proven winner, so he gets my vote.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Manu is a proven winner, so he gets my vote.

OH god! what don't you guys get? It's about whose the better player.. not who has won more. RObert horry is also a proven winner.. is he better than amare stoudamire? NO!

Joshtd1
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
OH god! what don't you guys get? It's about whose the better player.. not who has won more. RObert horry is also a proven winner.. is he better than amare stoudamire? NO!

So what is it about VC that makes him better then Manu at this point in his career? Is it his defense? Nope. Is it his oh so great shot selection? Nope. You can say he is a better scorer all you want, but Manu is more efficient. When its supposed to be "close" like this, winning does matter. Thats why alot of people say TD is the best PF of all time compared to KG/Malone/Barkley, because he has more rings then all of them.

People can keep saying Manu wouldnt be good as a first option, but if thats not true then how did Manu lead Argetina to a gold medal in the olmypics? Why did he tear it up when he was the man when TD was injured?

njnets
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
carter's making a comeback!

Zefflin
08-13-2008, 10:26 PM
So what is it about VC that makes him better then Manu at this point in his career? Is it his defense? Nope. Is it his oh so great shot selection? Nope. You can say he is a better scorer all you want, but Manu is more efficient. When its supposed to be "close" like this, winning does matter. Thats why alot of people say TD is the best PF of all time compared to KG/Malone/Barkley, because he has more rings then all of them.

People can keep saying Manu wouldnt be good as a first option, but if thats not true then how did Manu lead Argetina to a gold medal in the olmypics? Why did he tear it up when he was the man when TD was injured?

I see a dog and his name is BINGO!

Drewlius
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
the Ginobili love is unbelievable.

Ginobili has NEVER averaged even 20 points per game.

if Vince Carter was in the Spurs, he'd be scoring the easiest buckets. Vince might take too much shots for some people's tastes, but it's because his team needs him to take alot of shots.

What a ****ing joke. Have you even seen the shots Manu makes? Manu makes more difficult shots than almost anyone in the game of basketball. He switches right to left (Feet) on a drive to the lane better than ANYONE in the game. I've rarely seen Manu take an EASY shot, unless it was one of his pull up three point shots from the top of the lane. This guy dazzles people with his abillity to turn nothing into something.

For you to sit there and say he takes easy buckets is an absolute travesty, because it really shows your lack of basketball knowledge and viewing ability.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
What a ****ing joke. Have you even seen the shots Manu makes? Manu makes more difficult shots than almost anyone in the game of basketball. He switches right to left (Feet) on a drive to the lane better than ANYONE in the game. I've rarely seen Manu take an EASY shot, unless it was one of his pull up three point shots from the top of the lane. This guy dazzles people with his abillity to turn nothing into something.

For you to sit there and say he takes easy buckets is an absolute travesty, because it really shows your lack of basketball knowledge and viewing ability.

I have to agree... have you manu haters ever seen him play...its fun to watch...unless hes doing it to your team...

cle12152433
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Ok people we need to settle the number 5 spot in our rankings system. Carter and Mau tied with 52 votes each so we need to have a vote off. Mod's please keep this thread on this part of the forum as we need to decide this issue with the most votes possible and that can't be done on the comp forum. Please vote!

Cheers

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THE NETS OR SPURS FOURM GETTING PEOPLE TO VOTE. THIS VOTE IS MEANT TO RECIEVE A VOTING BIAS THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE A LARGE GROUP OF ON TEAM'S FANS. THANKS AND ENJOY!

yes

bryan71023
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow 74 for Manu 70 for Carter you got to be kidding me, I understand Carter is losing it but you got to relaize he's getting old but if u want a player now people would rather take Ginobili

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Manu and it's not even close.

Care to back up that statement?

haris23
08-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Manu!

Chaudhry
08-13-2008, 11:36 PM

like i said before... amare stoudamire has better offense and defense the horry thier not even close so rings don't factor in... but when players are close in skill and especially stats thats when you can winning as another stat... im not so sure the spurs would have won with carter... thats more his playing style then anything else... if i want a winning team im taking ginobili... none are good enough to be sole stars on their teams...

JIDsanity
08-14-2008, 01:08 AM
and he can't guard anyone, and he went to his graduation the day of game 7 instead of getting ready to play for the team that paid him millions. Vince has all the talent in the world. That isn't the problem. It is that he could be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better if he wanted, and people don't like to see some $17 million a year player play half speed, and loaf around. He doesn't care about anything except making sportscenter, or getting that paycheck. Manu plays hard every possesion, and the question was, who is better now. If you would seriously take VC over Manu today, than you are either a total homer, or don't know much about basketball. You just like the youtube videos from 2000 when Vince gave a sh@t

Did he really go to his graduation. What an ******* Your so right I had no idea. Shame on Carter for going to his graduation. Makes me want to beat the **** out of him. :rolleyes:

JIDsanity
08-14-2008, 01:11 AM
like i said before... amare stoudamire has better offense and defense the horry thier not even close so rings don't factor in... but when players are close in skill and especially stats thats when you can winning as another stat... im not so sure the spurs would have won with carter... thats more his playing style then anything else... if i want a winning team im taking ginobili... none are good enough to be sole stars on their teams...

Maybe your to young to know about VC. He used to play in TO with a bunch of scrubs and went up against a really good Philly team an took them to the 2nd round. He came within a jumpshot of taking them to the EC finals.

Westbrook36
08-14-2008, 01:12 AM
76 75 Wow

laker1000
08-14-2008, 01:40 AM
went with ginobili

Catfish1314
08-14-2008, 01:55 AM
Care to back up that statement?

Well maybe I'm not the right person to judge but in the few Nets games I saw last year, Carter wasn't playing with the same fire he was earlier in his career. Is he more talented than Manu? Of course, but he's more talented than 90 percent of the players in the NBA. In the games I saw he was an absolutely horrible defender. And by horrible I mean just laughable. We're talking Eddy Curry level here.

His stats are better. He scores 20-22 points a game but takes 17-18 shots a game to do it. Manu scores about a point less per game on four fewer shots. Manu is far more fundamentally sound and is miles ahead defensively as well. With the talent Carter has, I'm sure if he tried, he could be one of the best players in the league easily.

Drewlius
08-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Well maybe I'm not the right person to judge but in the few Nets games I saw last year, Carter wasn't playing with the same fire he was earlier in his career. Is he more talented than Manu? Of course, but he's more talented than 90 percent of the players in the NBA. In the games I saw he was an absolutely horrible defender. And by horrible I mean just laughable. We're talking Eddy Curry level here.

His stats are better. He scores 20-22 points a game but takes 17-18 shots a game to do it. Manu scores about a point less per game on four fewer shots. Manu is far more fundamentally sound and is miles ahead defensively as well. With the talent Carter has, I'm sure if he tried, he could be one of the best players in the league easily.

:clap:

LakerzDQ
08-14-2008, 02:51 AM

that's a good point. that's why you don't use rings to compare Horry to MJ, but you use it to compare Malone and duncan.

but the difference of talent between Vince and Ginobili is large enough that having rings won't make give Ginobili the advantage. If I were looking for a 3rd option, I would take Ginobili over Vince, because Manu demands the ball less. but Vince Carter is the better player, especially as a 1st option.

LakerzDQ
08-14-2008, 03:08 AM

did I say that Ginobili's shots are easy? I said if Vince was in the Spurs, his shots would be easy.

it isn't my fault that everything Ginobili does seems hard. if he was capable of putting up as many shots as the elite shooting guards of the NBA, the Spurs won't be having problems with scoring. Ginobili isn't talented enough to create easy shots for himself, and so he simply can't score enough to be a 1st option. He can only play to his strengths, and when the shot, space, or lane isn't there, he cannot do anything.

kylem4711
08-14-2008, 04:03 AM
manu

Rhyming Rebel
08-14-2008, 04:06 AM
Vc

innovator
08-14-2008, 05:02 AM
LOL my vote on manu ties it 83-83

Drewlius
08-14-2008, 05:19 AM
did I say that Ginobili's shots are easy? I said if Vince was in the Spurs, his shots would be easy.

it isn't my fault that everything Ginobili does seems hard. if he was capable of putting up as many shots as the elite shooting guards of the NBA, the Spurs won't be having problems with scoring. Ginobili isn't talented enough to create easy shots for himself, and so he simply can't score enough to be a 1st option. He can only play to his strengths, and when the shot, space, or lane isn't there, he cannot do anything.

Some kids just don't know how to appreciate basketball in it's finest form. Go bust out some old Slam Dunk contest tapes or something, let the intelligent enthusiasts talk.

heyman321
08-14-2008, 07:37 AM
I just made carter plus one lol

Mile High Champ
08-14-2008, 07:46 AM
any more votes, get it done.. wow this is close!

Mile High Champ
08-14-2008, 07:53 AM
We got a tie with only a few mins left to vote. I was hoping manu could pull it off..

LAKERS 24/7
wow i jus tied up the scoreboard. this has to be the closest poll ever to hit psd

LAKERS 24/7
how long does it stay active for?

Mile High Champ
08-14-2008, 07:57 AM
how long does it stay active for?

another minute I think..

Mile High Champ
08-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow we have another tie, this is crazy. Thats the second one in a row. Maybe we have to make these guys tied for 5th.. No reason to vote again and do another poll

RapsFan4Life
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
mile high !!! thats crazy another tie

Mile High Champ
08-14-2008, 08:08 AM
mile high !!! thats crazy another tie

thats what Im saying.. Carter had the lead with a few mins left and some voter tied it up.. We will have to keep it tied now. I posted number 9, go vote!

LakerzDQ
08-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Some kids just don't know how to appreciate basketball in it's finest form. Go bust out some old Slam Dunk contest tapes or something, let the intelligent enthusiasts talk.

a forum needs a dumb comment here and there sometimes.

LakerzDQ
08-14-2008, 08:14 AM
wow, it's damn tied at 85?!

this is sad.

J-Relo
08-14-2008, 08:46 AM
ye incredible battle :)

PS: Go VINCE!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
wow I cant believe its this even... this is crazy Lol... it was back and forth back and forth.. and then a tie again... its pretty nuts lol.. Last iw ent to sleep carter was up by like 2 lol.. WOw this insane... I still hate they fact that we have a tie for 5th lol.. It just seems weird.. but its cool i guess. can't do it again.. that could be hell..

Mile High ... i dont know if this is ever going to happen again but maybe we can come up with liek a rule if its tied or somthing.. that will decide a clear winner.. haha sounds easy but just don't know how to do it.

Goon.Weezy
08-14-2008, 11:37 AM
DAMM......another tie..............u shud do 1 more poll..but make it active for about 5-10 minutes.......a quickie

still1ballin
08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
flip a coin

MoBASS
08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Unreal how this thing ended up tied after 170 votes... lol

Zefflin
08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Why close this one?

Next vote wins it!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/aquatek/benStillerDoIt.jpg

still1ballin
08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Why close this one?

Next vote wins it!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/aquatek/benStillerDoIt.jpg

No, because them some idiot of a fan of VC or Manu will create another account to vote.

Zefflin
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Well if some idiot with one post votes, don't allow it.

superkegger
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow we have another tie, this is crazy. Thats the second one in a row. Maybe we have to make these guys tied for 5th.. No reason to vote again and do another poll

Yeah, leaving them both at 5 is fine. But thats some crazy dumb luck, tie at 85. :laugh:

JordansBulls
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I can open it up and then close it down by like 5 pm EDT so that we can have a winner finally?

Zefflin
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
There can only be one.

Joshtd1
08-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Another tie, thats awesome :laugh2:

SaimoNETS
08-14-2008, 05:23 PM
i wanted VInce to win!

njnets
08-14-2008, 07:48 PM
VC made a comeback! he was down a lot of votes at one point. open it up again jordanbulls. no need for another poll.

mosdef17
08-15-2008, 07:14 AM
I wanted to vote for Ginobili, but the pole is closed. Does that settle the tie?

Ginobili plays more disciplined and is better on defense. Vince is very much a volume scorer, he must take a lot of shots to score a lot. I love Vince but Ginobili is great.

LakerzDQ
08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
I wanted to vote for Ginobili, but the pole is closed. Does that settle the tie?

Ginobili plays more disciplined and is better on defense. Vince is very much a volume scorer, he must take a lot of shots to score a lot. I love Vince but Ginobili is great.

and you have one post. what's your real account? bastard.

mosdef17
08-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Serious? OR maybe I just signed up for real? Whats your problem. Check again, now I have 3 or 4... Why would I make a new account to put Manu over the edge, what a joke. I sign up, my first post... and I get this...

LakerzDQ
08-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Serious? OR maybe I just signed up for real? Whats your problem. Check again, now I have 3 or 4... Why would I make a new account to put Manu over the edge, what a joke. I sign up, my first post... and I get this...

sorry. I really am. as a token of my apology, I'll invite you to over for dinner tonight. we'll play chess and drink coke.

mosdef17
08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
No need to be sarcastic but I genuinely am a new member... You will see my posts continue over the coming weeks.

LakerzDQ
08-15-2008, 07:58 AM
No need to be sarcastic but I genuinely am a new member... You will see my posts continue over the coming weeks.

ok. I'm serious this time. no more jokes.
maybe we can hit it off on the dance floor eh? :)

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Lol it's so funny cause i see a lot pple writting .. that only have like 1 or 3 or 5 post.. Liek mR.latino and stuf Lol.. just saying kind of fishy .. w/e lol

BKNets
08-15-2008, 12:08 PM
well, I'd vote VC, so even with the newbie, it'd still be a tie. and since they all have single digit posts, my vote should count as double. :D just playing.

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I opened the poll up for little bit more. I will close it at 2 PM EST.

Chaudhry
08-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Maybe your to young to know about VC. He used to play in TO with a bunch of scrubs and went up against a really good Philly team an took them to the 2nd round. He came within a jumpshot of taking them to the EC finals.

considering i live 30 mins from the air canada centre i know more about vc then you think... i could've been 5 and still realized that carter isnt a good team player... and he did miss that jump shot... used a pump fake sent aaron mackie flying and still decided to take a fade... so either im a boy genius or i've seen vince play in his prime and know he's not a better player then ginobili unless all your looking for is fans in seats...

and if you recall the raps with thier scrubs went on a 13 game winning streak without carter

Chaudhry
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
now that i think about it you sound alot like raps fans when carter was in toronto... they used to say carter is better then kobe... i used to laugh and tell them their crazy... once he got traded thier started to agree that kobe's better...

i would be interested to hear your opinion of carter if he leaves the nets...

Thatruth32
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
manu.... never quit on a team.. and has rings.... VC more talent and funner to watch.. but gotta be manu

njnets
08-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Vc!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
manu.... never quit on a team.. and has rings.... VC more talent and funner to watch.. but gotta be manu

Again the question asks who the better player is not.. who has more rings...:rolleyes:\
and u clearly know vince is better.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't think opening the poll again was a good idea.. most ppl think the voting is done. lol

daleja424
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
why did it get reopened...this is ********. we voted and they finished tied. Its not fair at this point. whats going to happen? Vincee or manu wins by 1 after 200 votes... how does that prove that one of them is better? It doesn't. With such a close vote we should have just made them co #5's...

Joshtd1
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Again the question asks who the better player is not.. who has more rings...:rolleyes:\
and u clearly know vince is better.

why do you keep saying "u clearly know vince is better", when the other person disagrees with you??

If they are saying Manu, they obviously think he is better:rolleyes:

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
wow I don' think this should be open again.. its not fair at all.

Joshtd1
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
why did it get reopened...this is ********. we voted and they finished tied. Its not fair at this point. whats going to happen? Vincee or manu wins by 1 after 200 votes... how does that prove that one of them is better? It doesn't. With such a close vote we should have just made them co #5's...

Agreed.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
why do you keep saying "u clearly know vince is better", when the other person disagrees with you??

If they are saying Manu, they obviously think he is better:rolleyes:

lol cause they are saying manu has more rings..a nd never gives up... but carter is the more talented one.. and the better player ultimately... Vince is more capable thats what they are saying...

THey are voting for manu because he has more rings.. and Doesn't ahve that bad rep... Thats not th question... it who is a better player PERIOD>.. thats why i say it.

Zefflin
08-15-2008, 02:00 PM
God damn it.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Wow does this mean Vince wins? Lol.. thats not fair at all.. .. but o well... It guess this mean "it's over".

Zefflin
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I smell a scandal.

daleja424
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
lol cause they are saying manu has more rings..a nd never gives up... but carter is the more talented one.. and the better player ultimately... Vince is more capable thats what they are saying...

THey are voting for manu because he has more rings.. and Doesn't ahve that bad rep... Thats not th question... it who is a better player PERIOD>.. thats why i say it.

why do you keep discounting things like hustle? Thats part of the equation to. There are guys playing at my corner that have a lot of TALENT too... but unless you are willing to work hard and make hustle plays and give it your all your talent gets wasted. Does Vince have more pure athleticism...yes. Is he a better basketball player? Not a chance!

daleja424
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
this is ridiculous... opening the poll up in the middle of the day and letting like 8 people make this decision. this should be a tie. period

Zefflin
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Just leave it open to midnight tonight and friggen end this.

And if it's another tie then that's just stupid.

still1ballin
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
this is ridiculous... opening the poll up in the middle of the day and letting like 8 people make this decision. this should be a tie. period.

There must be a winner. Two teams in the finals can't tie for the championship.

daleja424
08-15-2008, 02:12 PM

There must be a winner. Two teams in the finals can't tie for the championship.

well then maybe vince should just play manu for it... set it up

Kardiinal
08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
hahah jus tied it up at 91

yiformvp
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
vince carter no ?s your telling me if vince carter was on the spurs they woundnt of won it this years

the Knickerbock
08-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Ginobili

daleja424
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
vince carter no ?s your telling me if vince carter was on the spurs they woundnt of won it this years

people keep saying that... but vince wouldnt work with the spurs at all IMO. he is not going to be willing to take the backseat to two other guys...come off the bench... and not play as many minutes. Plus Vince is not great in a slow it down half court game...

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
people keep saying that... but vince wouldnt work with the spurs at all IMO. he is not going to be willing to take the backseat to two other guys...come off the bench... and not play as many minutes. Plus Vince is not great in a slow it down half court game...

Vince would be the 2nd option on the Spurs and Parker the 3rd.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-15-2008, 05:13 PM
vince carter fo sho

still1ballin
08-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Finally we have a winner, now all the VC fans can stop their crying....

hockeypro68
08-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Wow, this is ridiculous. It's SOOO close. 94-94

SpeeMN
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I had to vote ginobili because vince needs to regain the attention he used to get, you never hear anything about him because his best days are past.

LAKERS 24/7
08-15-2008, 06:29 PM
WOW. 190 votes and and its still tied. simply amazing

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Visanity

LA_cabals
08-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Agreed. The polls should be closed and stay that way. If either player were to win by 1 vote it wouldn't be a fair since we have many votes from people with 1 post.

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Wow, can't believe how close this was.

Chronz
08-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Chill out man, even if it wouldnt have tied none of this wouldve proven one was greater.

I had to vote ginobili because vince needs to regain the attention he used to get, you never hear anything about him because his best days are past.

His vote should be eliminated as he admits to basing his argument on what OTHER people talk about.

Mile High Champ
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I left the poll open for a day and we were tied. Thats the way it will stay, Ginobili and Carter will be tied for that 5 spot. Its only fair...Voting went on way too long.

Mile High Champ
08-18-2008, 10:43 AM
Agreed. The polls should be closed and stay that way. If either player were to win by 1 vote it wouldn't be a fair since we have many votes from people with 1 post.

agreed, as I have just said, they will remain tied..

SaimoNETS
08-18-2008, 11:19 AM
99-97
vince carter!

NYMetros
08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Manu Ginobli. Vince Carter is just an above average player in my eyes. He is a bad shooter, and a great driver. The problem is he rarely drives to the basket. Manu is a much better shooter and defender.

JIDsanity
08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I left the poll open for a day and we were tied. Thats the way it will stay, Ginobili and Carter will be tied for that 5 spot. Its only fair...Voting went on way too long.

So would you have tied them if Manu won? Cause VC won.

Mile High Champ
08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
So would you have tied them if Manu won? Cause VC won.

Nope would of been a tie. I didnt re-open the poll. I did not mind the tie after the orginal vote. I opened up another poll (this one upon request by the board) and they tied once more. Another person exstended the voting period, not me, The results will remain a tie.. Its not fair now to do it one way or another. Why cant they be tied anyway?

AirJordanXVIII
08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I would've voted Manu.

JIDsanity
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Nope would of been a tie. I didnt re-open the poll. I did not mind the tie after the orginal vote. I opened up another poll (this one upon request by the board) and they tied once more. Another person exstended the voting period, not me, The results will remain a tie.. Its not fair now to do it one way or another. Why cant they be tied anyway?

They can. I like it this way

njnets
08-18-2008, 01:01 PM
wow, this is just amazing. do another poll lol.