PDA

View Full Version : teams that should make trades

roo3flash
08-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Portland Trailblazers-to much young talent this is a throw up pick if a trade or no trade. they could trade bayless and others to make it work for a veteran point gaurd like billups a true floor leader...

maimi heat-need a good young to mid age center...joel anthony is too short but if has a ben wallace nature to him just have mourning mentor him

if there are any other teams that you think should make trade metion them and list your reason and key players involved

dick butane
08-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Whaaa? A thread that asks us to come up with the topic of the thread? This is some Twilight Zone *****.

Hellcrooner
08-13-2008, 03:46 AM
welll ..... id do only the ones who woudl contend with a trade or become more of a favourite.

Blazers should trade Sergio, Rudy, Outlow and Frye for a good pick plus a solid SF like battier.

Denver should trade Kmart and Iverson for PG and C.

Jazz should trade Kirilenko for Sf or Okur for center or both.

Lakers should trade Odom and farmar for allstar PG.

Suns should rebuild, period.

Warriors should trade Harrington and Jackson for Great PG and hsutle PF (Hslem?

Dallas should rebuild.

S.A should trade eigher Manu or Parker for two solid starters oneof them a Center other a replacemente for the one traded.

Houston, ....Houston maybe BAttier for Good PG.

Grizzlies Lowry, Milicic and xpirng walker for a REal good PF.

Knikkcs. shuodl trade Everibody but Gallinari.

Celtics should trade allen for Younger pieces.

Heat, Marion for GOod PG.

Magic, Sign Fran vazqeuz to move rashad to teh three and turk to the two.

Bobcats, either JRich or Gwall + Morrison for PF.

Atl, trade for a better owner who is not afraid of sepnd.

Bulls, Hinrich and Gooden + pick for Odom + Farmar, Gold for both teams.

Cavs, shoudl trade lebron before they lose it for nothing.

Pistons, Billps, and Wallace for younger players.

dick butane
08-13-2008, 03:52 AM
^^ yeah... and you can find all these magical players at the bottom of a box of Lucky Charms. So, the Blazers should trade four players for Battier? You my friend think outside of the box.

Hellcrooner
08-13-2008, 03:57 AM
they are going to have a HELL of a time to resing all that youngstrs, because most of them won settle to saher tiem 24/24 you know?

You CANT have both ROy and Rudy Webster and Outlow, Frye and ALdrige on the long run.

DenButsu
08-13-2008, 04:35 AM

I can't disagree with the logic behind this, but the realities will probably dictate that they both stay on as Nuggets. There probably isn't a team in the league that would take on K-Mart's contract unless they gave back something equally bad or worse (Z-Bo's contract?). And AI's $21 million expiring is just as valuable to Denver as it is to any of the other cash-strapped teams in the league. With the size of his contract, getting value back for Iverson will just be impossible, and it's almost guaranteed that the Nuggets would have to take at least one bad contract (that extended beyond 2009) in exchange, which would really defeat the purpose unless a really great player who could remain part of the Nuggets' future for years were included. And there just aren't many of those available out there. It's incredibly hard to put together a realistic AI trade that's balanced for both teams.

I don't think either of them are getting moved.

BlondeBomber41
08-13-2008, 05:06 AM
I can't disagree with the logic behind this, but the realities will probably dictate that they both stay on as Nuggets. There probably isn't a team in the league that would take on K-Mart's contract unless they gave back something equally bad or worse (Z-Bo's contract?). And AI's $21 million expiring is just as valuable to Denver as it is to any of the other cash-strapped teams in the league. With the size of his contract, getting value back for Iverson will just be impossible, and it's almost guaranteed that the Nuggets would have to take at least one bad contract (that extended beyond 2009) in exchange, which would really defeat the purpose unless a really great player who could remain part of the Nuggets' future for years were included. And there just aren't many of those available out there. It's incredibly hard to put together a realistic AI trade that's balanced for both teams.

I don't think either of them are getting moved.

Dont worry or think so much into something someone says that clearly has no reason behind his thinking or anything of that nature.

DenButsu
08-13-2008, 07:31 AM
Dont worry or think so much into something someone says that clearly has no reason behind his thinking or anything of that nature.

But in essence, he's right. I mean, where Denver goes from here is continuing the shedding of big contracts of older players and the continuation of building around the younger ones (JR, Melo, Nene). This won't happen (and imo shouldn't happen), but say for example Denver traded AI and K-Mart for Billups and Sheed, so that our starting 5 would be Chauncey-JR-Melo-Nene-Sheed. Now, instead of Billups and Wallace if those were 2 younger players who could form, with those other 3, a young core for the Nuggets that could stay together for the next 4 seasons or so at least, I think there's a lot of potential there. AI will be gone at the end of 08-09 anyways, so we don't really need to trade him, since we can probably use our full $10 million TE and much if not all our MLE without going into the luxury tax.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-13-2008, 08:14 AM
76ers- Pickup or trade for backup center

RapsFan4Life
08-13-2008, 08:28 AM
welll ..... id do only the ones who woudl contend with a trade or become more of a favourite.

Blazers should trade Sergio, Rudy, Outlow and Frye for a good pick plus a solid SF like battier.

Lakers should trade Odom and farmar for allstar PG.

Suns should rebuild, period.

Warriors should trade Harrington and Jackson for Great PG and hsutle PF (Hslem?

Dallas should rebuild.

S.A should trade eigher Manu or Parker for two solid starters oneof them a Center other a replacemente for the one traded.

Houston, ....Houston maybe BAttier for Good PG.

Grizzlies Lowry, Milicic and xpirng walker for a REal good PF.

Knikkcs. shuodl trade Everibody but Gallinari.

Celtics should trade allen for Younger pieces.

Heat, Marion for GOod PG.

Magic, Sign Fran vazqeuz to move rashad to teh three and turk to the two.

Bobcats, either JRich or Gwall + Morrison for PF.

Atl, trade for a better owner who is not afraid of sepnd.

Bulls, Hinrich and Gooden + pick for Odom + Farmar, Gold for both teams.

Cavs, shoudl trade lebron before they lose it for nothing.

Pistons, Billps, and Wallace for younger players.

alot of potential in your thoughts and i gotta agree with pretty much every team you picked on, but its alot easyer said then done, there is big money in ****** players and contracts that go on forever ... but hinrich gooden /farmar odom trade would be nice if the money worked out

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Bulls trade Gordon and Hughes for Vince Carter or Iverson.

Rome
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
^^ yeah... and you can find all these magical players at the bottom of a box of Lucky Charms. So, the Blazers should trade four players for Battier? You my friend think outside of the box.

I actually think the Blazers are good as they are. Very young agreed, but got solid players at every position. Bright bright future. Maybe trade for a vet PG or SF. Potential is through the roof for this team.

hyp21
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3239~406~2172~2419~3188~43 4&teams=5~5~26~26~26~17~17&te=&cash=

Here's one trade I think should happen

Cavs get: Vince Carter (LJ's much needed scoring help) and a young center in Sean Williams (to take over once they manage to ship Ben wallace away)

Nets get: AK, Morris Almond (two young dynamic players who can put up points. Almond won't be starting so to re-sign him I think won't cost much. and AK can possibly revive himself in a fresh enviorment with young players like himself. Gives the Nets a HUGE lineup from 3 to 5)

Jazz Get: Verajao (who'll replace AK nicely at the 3 plus he can play D and score), Damon Jones (3 pt shooter who can score off the bench), and Sasha Pavlovic (another young player who can score off the bench PLUS if there comes a day the Jazz can't re-sign Brewer or Price, you have Pav for another year)

Z-ray21
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
mann comon dude how are SA supposed to win a championship withou manu and parker?

weebs
08-13-2008, 11:16 AM
I actually think the Blazers are good as they are. Very young agreed, but got solid players at every position. Bright bright future. Maybe trade for a vet PG or SF. Potential is through the roof for this team.

I agree, and maybe they need to let some of those players develop before they ship them off. See what they've got. They filled a lot of gaps this offseason by getting Oden back and adding Bayless and Fernandez - I think they're going to be very good and incredibly deep.

jimbobjarree
08-13-2008, 11:49 AM

The Jazz need to trade AKs contract to help re-sign players at the end of the season, and theres no need to trade Okur. I think we need a good defensive center to back up Okur and we'l be fine.

DeeJay
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=136~3239~406~2172~2419~3188~43 4&teams=5~5~26~26~26~17~17&te=&cash=

Here's one trade I think should happen

Cavs get: Vince Carter (LJ's much needed scoring help) and a young center in Sean Williams (to take over once they manage to ship Ben wallace away)

Nets get: AK, Morris Almond (two young dynamic players who can put up points. Almond won't be starting so to re-sign him I think won't cost much. and AK can possibly revive himself in a fresh enviorment with young players like himself. Gives the Nets a HUGE lineup from 3 to 5)

Jazz Get: Verajao (who'll replace AK nicely at the 3 plus he can play D and score), Damon Jones (3 pt shooter who can score off the bench), and Sasha Pavlovic (another young player who can score off the bench PLUS if there comes a day the Jazz can't re-sign Brewer or Price, you have Pav for another year)

Varejao at the 3? :laugh2:
And he does play D, but has no O.

rabzouz 96
08-13-2008, 12:07 PM
why should portland trade their young talent away, that would ruin about everything they created and smaller their window for a ship. if they were to trade their young talent they should at least trade it for a player whos not older than 25 or 26, i dont see a sense in trading for a billups-aged player, wholl be washed up when the others are developed

Hellcrooner
08-13-2008, 12:40 PM
its not trade both manu and Ginobili is Trade ONE of them
because they really need a True Center with some level .

Parker, Sg , Bowen, TIm D + C

or PG, Manu,Bowen, Timd + C.

As for portlnad, they will end up losing half those players in fa because no one wants to be a career reserve to someone who may be or may be NOT better than you.

Its imposible to hold those situations long term,

See TJ Ford and Calderon toronto was not big enough for both of them.

It created a LOT of troubel in the locker room.

now try taht with 4 possible confrontations Rudy/Roy Webster/Outlow Aldrige/FRye Bayless/Rudy or Roy.....

phillychi009
08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Sixers could use a backup center

Seventh King
08-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Chicago needs to move at least one guard, perhaps two. I don't see LO as a potential player in Chi.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Miami needs a defensive minded center and a veteran PG to take some pressure off of wade and chalmers...

hyp21
08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Varejao at the 3? :laugh2:
And he does play D, but has no O.

He's not a bad offensive player. Besides, the cavs I'm sure won't be re-signing him with Lebron on the verge of the market soon and they'll need to save money up to re-sign their star PLUS they need to hurry up and get LJ some help before he bolts outta town. Just my thoughts. I think the Jazz could use some bench depth and Verjao wouldn't be a bad addition for the Defense nor the way their team plays ball.

daleja424
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
He's not a bad offensive player. Besides, the cavs I'm sure won't be re-signing him with Lebron on the verge of the market soon and they'll need to save money up to re-sign their star PLUS they need to hurry up and get LJ some help before he bolts outta town. Just my thoughts. I think the Jazz could use some bench depth and Verjao wouldn't be a bad addition for the Defense nor the way their team plays ball.

haha I would love to see varajao guarding melo, james, marion, smith, butler and the other SF's of the league. It would be soooo much fun! :D:D:D

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Houston needs a backup Center and Point Guard

Storch
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
there is no way the lakers would trade farmar and odom for hinrich and gooden.

The suns dont need to rebuild yet, amare is beasting because of shaq's presence in the paint.

blazers need to get rid of some of their stagnant pieces like frye for example. But their starters are already great, i expect bayless to be a star maybe not allstar (its possible).

houston needs to rid themselves of battier, but then again tmac can run the point and they could have a crazy defensive team.

i think the cavs need to make a run for a great player, someone like redd, al jeff, or billups.

zamudio_jorge
08-13-2008, 10:00 PM
if celtics can have garnett pierce and allen i dont see why not the blazers can retain theyre players nobody of the blazers going to make 24.75m of garnett with that you can pay roy and aldridge, 18.38 of allen you can pay webster and outlaw fernandez is a rookie so they have 2 cheap years and maybe frye be the sacrifice.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
haha I would love to see varajao guarding melo, james, marion, smith, butler and the other SF's of the league. It would be soooo much fun! :D:D:D

Oh there is no way he would be able to play the 3. I wouldn't mind trading him for AK-47 though. Contracts wouldn't match though so maybe you guys get like Sasha.

hyp21
08-13-2008, 10:48 PM
^yeah that's what I was going for making the trade I made. Lotta guys in their last year for the Jazz and just in case policy you could use Sasha since he has two more years on his contract. Cause all odds are the Jazz will wanna re-sign Boozer more than they would Morris Almond and Chucky Atkins

cle12152433
08-13-2008, 10:49 PM
cleveland should trade lebron james for a billion dollars. then he can be the first billion dollar athlete.

rico
08-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Chicago - a deal with phx to land shaq = prime. dishing out hughes *expiring same year @12mil*, using 5mil trade exception frome joe smith, & throwing in another piece to sweeten the deal, maybe s&t ben gordon would work.

kerr runs the suns (ex bull), del negro coaches bulls (ex suns office) - good ties.

shaq could bring in the dominant post we need even tho hes ancient he can still produce well. and also mentor TT/Noah.

fabnfu2
08-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Nets need to trade Vince Carter for expiring contracts/contracts that expire next year/young players/draft picks whatever combination they can get, i say trade him for Stephen Jackson and Al Harrington, contracts match and one expires this year, one next year and gives the Nets a replacement for Vince this year and a starting caliber 3.

*Superman*
08-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Magic to get over the hump and beat the Pistons.

J-Relo
08-14-2008, 02:47 AM
Chicago - a deal with phx to land shaq = prime. dishing out hughes *expiring same year @12mil*, using 5mil trade exception frome joe smith, & throwing in another piece to sweeten the deal, maybe s&t ben gordon would work.

kerr runs the suns (ex bull), del negro coaches bulls (ex suns office) - good ties.

shaq could bring in the dominant post we need even tho hes ancient he can still produce well. and also mentor TT/Noah.

i don't get it... maybe chicago would do it, but SUNS? - NO...

you are throwing Hughes and even BG7, ok now let's look at SG: Raja Bell, Barbosa, DJ, Hughes, Gordon.... Great DEAL! lol

so Suns lose a dominant CEnter (or was dominant, but still has some), leaves that position for a rookie?! and gets more SG wow it's really useful for Suns...

OFcourse after that trade some of the SG could be thrown on the market to get CENTER... ye center...or some other backups...

hmm... somehow i don't see this trade working.... :D

rico
08-14-2008, 03:12 AM
i don't get it... maybe chicago would do it, but SUNS? - NO...

you are throwing Hughes and even BG7, ok now let's look at SG: Raja Bell, Barbosa, DJ, Hughes, Gordon.... Great DEAL! lol

so Suns lose a dominant CEnter (or was dominant, but still has some), leaves that position for a rookie?! and gets more SG wow it's really useful for Suns...

OFcourse after that trade some of the SG could be thrown on the market to get CENTER... ye center...or some other backups...

hmm... somehow i don't see this trade working.... :D

amare can still play the Center and you still have diaw to play PF. i posted this same trade in your forum awhile ago, it was 50/50. some dont think the 'shaq experiment' worked. - it was a hasty move to contend for finals. you guys showed interest in gordon - young great 6th man averaging 20+points in the past 3 years for the bulls. you get hughes which is kinda garbage-granted, but hes a 12mil expiring so you arent out in the 2010 thing.

but if you wanted to mix it around a s&t of gordon, gooden (theres you a diff pf/c) maybe simmons for shaq that would probably work out $ wise as well with the trade exception. simmons is a pf too btw.

dick butane
08-14-2008, 03:30 AM

Yeah who cares? The Blazers are the Blazers and noone outside of an early nineties flannel shirt wants to see them win. Roy is having his knee scraped and your big center is 6 weeks from blowing his knee again. Goodbye bad team... hello last place.

HouRealCoach
08-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Blazers need to trade Lafrentz, Sergio for Hinrich

Orlando need to trade for CV

Chi & Den needs a post player

NY needs uptempo players

Dallas can trade Dampier, Wright, and a First Rounder to NY for Curry....or trade George and Stackhouse for Carter

Curry
Dirk
Howard
Jones
Kidd

~or~

Dampier
Dirk
Howard
Carter
Kidd

DerekRE_3
08-14-2008, 01:45 PM
they are going to have a HELL of a time to resing all that youngstrs, because most of them won settle to saher tiem 24/24 you know?

You CANT have both ROy and Rudy Webster and Outlow, Frye and ALdrige on the long run.

Actually the Blazers can. Their owner is Paul Allen and he has BANK.

And the Kings should think about trading Brad Miller. Depends how Thompson and Hawes play though. And get Mikki Moore off of the team, he's just getting in the way of our young guys.

Ballahaulic
08-14-2008, 01:56 PM
orlando they need an sg- a starting sg
ny they just need ne1 they can get
chicago they have tyrus joakim and gooden

Hellcrooner
08-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Actually the Blazers can. Their owner is Paul Allen and he has BANK.

And the Kings should think about trading Brad Miller. Depends how Thompson and Hawes play though. And get Mikki Moore off of the team, he's just getting in the way of our young guys.

Im nto talking only about money, im talking about , hey wha tdo i have to be the reserve who isnt that much better ( if better at all) than me when i could go to another team , start play 34 minutes a game and maybe becoma an allstaR?

UD5soul
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Chicago Bulls: Ben Gordan, Kirk, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes. These 3 players are the most likely to be moved. Drew is not a long term solution at PF and blocks Tyrus Thomas PT. Ben wants waaaay more then he is worth, and should be open to a sign and trade (if anybody wants him). Kirk could return and share time at PG, SG, 6th man. Larry is also lost on this team, and I would like to be rid of his salary.