PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss player allergic to strenuous exercise

NY Orange
08-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Ole Miss player allergic to strenuous exercise

Ole Miss offensive lineman Kermit Tyler, a freshman from New Orleans, has been diagnosed with an allergic reaction to strenuous exercise.

Tyler has been barred from playing for Ole Miss, though the school will honor his scholarship. His football career appears to be finished.

"This is just a very freak incident," Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt told the Commercial Appeal. "I'm just glad our doctors and (head athletic trainer) Tim Mullins went to Jackson, and I'm glad they did the blood work and really studied it and found this thing."

http://govolsxtra.com/news/2008/aug/07/ole-miss-player-allergic-strenuous-exercise/

:pity: To me it sounds like a case of....laziness.

njdevs25
08-13-2008, 02:28 AM
thats the wierdest thing i ever heard

steelcityroller
08-13-2008, 02:34 AM
How did he get to the college level?

metsfreak
08-13-2008, 03:40 AM
It's not too far fetched, IMO :shrug:

I am allergic to work.:D It's very common in the US.

BullsFan_1
08-13-2008, 03:45 AM
How...the hell?

How can you be allergic to exercise?

Unless he has a form of diabetes or something that affects your blood sugar levels..

steelcityroller
08-13-2008, 04:03 AM
How...the hell?

How can you be allergic to exercise?

Unless he has a form of diabetes or something that affects your blood sugar levels..

Thats what I was wondering as well. How did he get to Div I college football without this being known. Did he not practice or exercise? Did he never play harder than he exercises in college?

NY Orange
08-14-2008, 12:47 AM
IDK...I think every Offensive Lineman is allergic to excercise.

jetsfan28
08-14-2008, 12:49 AM
That definitely sounds like something a coach would say to call a player lazy

fukudome.ftw
08-14-2008, 12:50 AM
and to think i thought this was a joke... eh..

steelcityroller
08-14-2008, 02:51 AM
IDK...I think every Offensive Lineman is allergic to excercise.

Not Walter Jones.... The man pushes a SUV around an empty parking lot in the offseason to stay in shape.

grizz8884
08-14-2008, 02:58 AM
No I think strenuous exercise causes an allergic reaction. I have the same thing; whenever I work out (or working out) strenuously, I cannot be exposed to dust mites or dust in general or I will have a severe reaction which requires medical attention. The allergic reactions are pretty bad too; first my nasal passages swells up and my voice changes, then the throat starts to swell and it is difficult to breathe out of my mouth. If I do not receive attention in a reasonable time, both passages can swell up and cut off my breathing, effectively suffocating me...

Luckily, this has only happened twice in my life, and the problem is usually solved when they shoot a cortisone shot in my ***...They also gave me an epi-pen to carry around just in case something like this happens.

Tankjeep
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
wow, that's stinks. it's nice to see the school honor his contract though.

brandonwarne52
08-14-2008, 08:18 AM
The guy had bloodwork done. Some of you are acting like he's choosing to be lazy....

m2j3
08-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Yeah it's not his fault lol. I feel bad for the kid though.

steelcityroller
08-14-2008, 02:32 PM
No I think strenuous exercise causes an allergic reaction. I have the same thing; whenever I work out (or working out) strenuously, I cannot be exposed to dust mites or dust in general or I will have a severe reaction which requires medical attention. The allergic reactions are pretty bad too; first my nasal passages swells up and my voice changes, then the throat starts to swell and it is difficult to breathe out of my mouth. If I do not receive attention in a reasonable time, both passages can swell up and cut off my breathing, effectively suffocating me...

Luckily, this has only happened twice in my life, and the problem is usually solved when they shoot a cortisone shot in my ***...They also gave me an epi-pen to carry around just in case something like this happens.

Yeah Im allergic to dust mites as well just not as bad as it sounds like you are so sorry. Im allergic to dogs, cats, horses (very allergic), dust mites and mold. I didnt find out until like a year ago and I grew up on a farm and we always had dogs, cats and horses so its kinda weird.

The guy had bloodwork done. Some of you are acting like he's choosing to be lazy....

Im wondering how he got to Div I sports before figuring this out?