PDA

View Full Version : What would you improve?

BRADfromOZ
08-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Using last years stats pick 3 or 4 different players that will be on Houston's Roster(assume we have Artest) this year and tell us what one statistical area you would like to see them improve upon.

I'll start(duh!). I'd like to see Scola's BGP, Alston's SPG, T-Mac's 3p% and Yao's GS improve.

JordansBulls
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Rafer, Scola, Artest and Landry need to score more.:)

bball1217
08-13-2008, 01:15 AM
McGrady - 3 PT Shooting % (29% last year)
Yao - GP/GS (55 GP/GS last year)
Alston - FG % (39% last year)
Scola - BPG (0.2 BPG last year)

If those improve, this team is dangerous, but if they don't we are still pretty damn good. :D

Jpripper88
08-13-2008, 02:11 AM
People may not agree with me, but I would like Yao's GP/GS (regular season) be about the same. I really think these Olympics are killing him and the Rockets need to suck it up and sit him for almost all of camp and then the first few weeks of the season (like the first 15 games) and let him just work his way back over the couple weeks after that.

Otherwise I think we are in for the same leg and foot injuries that have plagued him before. Until he stops his commitment to China in non-Olympic years he will not be a dominant player and will just have injury after injury.

TMAC94
08-13-2008, 03:07 AM
^^ thats not a bad idea

BRADfromOZ
08-13-2008, 03:45 AM
No more that 70 regular season games?

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 03:10 PM
McGrady - 3 PT Shooting % (29% last year)
Yao - GP/GS (55 GP/GS last year)
Alston - FG % (39% last year)
Scola - BPG (0.2 BPG last year)

If those improve, this team is dangerous, but if they don't we are still pretty damn good. :D

Totally Agree

mightybosstone
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
People may not agree with me, but I would like Yao's GP/GS (regular season) be about the same. I really think these Olympics are killing him and the Rockets need to suck it up and sit him for almost all of camp and then the first few weeks of the season (like the first 15 games) and let him just work his way back over the couple weeks after that.

Otherwise I think we are in for the same leg and foot injuries that have plagued him before. Until he stops his commitment to China in non-Olympic years he will not be a dominant player and will just have injury after injury.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In the tight race that is the West, you play every game like its absolutely necessary for you to make the playoffs. If Yao wants to be a star in this game, he has to be on the court. I don't think he'll have to play as many minutes as he has in the past, but I am COMPLETELY against the idea of "sitting" ANY starter in the NBA. This isn't the last week of the NFL season with a 3 game lead in the division.... this is a tight race at the beginning of the year...

mightybosstone
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
One thing I would like to see McGrady improve in is his shot selection. I want to see him take fewer 3's and drive to the basket more. If he does this his FG% and 3P% will improve. Alston should consider a similar improvement. With Scola, I want to see his FG% to improve around the basket, where he really struggles to finish sometimes.

SC1211
08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
How about McGrady's FG% as a whole?

I'd like to see his 3PA go way down.

Oh, and his FT% to go up.

t-mac1nukka
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
yao's GP has to go up.

HouRealCoach
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I would like to see the games won go up

BoSelecta!!!
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Mac and Yao 's GS improve.

Stay Healthy is always a issue to us. If we can stay healthy, i say we are the one to beat!