PDA

View Full Version : Mo Williams to Cleveland?

Dark Donnie
08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
According to NBA sources, Bucks guard Mo Williams could soon be headed to Cleveland as part of a three-team trade. Oklahoma City's Luke Ridnour would likely go to Milwaukee, and Cleveland could include Delonte West via sign-and-trade and/or send Joe Smith's expiring $4.8 million contract to OKC.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

jetsfan89
08-12-2008, 11:54 PM
thatd bring some help for Lebron.

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
not that much help its not like brand or jo

avsman05
08-13-2008, 12:05 AM
hmmm Luke Ridinour Mo Williams and Delonte West. Why is Milwaukee downgrading they just picked up Jefferson...

bogdanrom
08-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Somehow I see Cleveland shooting down this deal, ruining, again, dreams of every Cavs fan.

phillyphan4ever
08-13-2008, 12:59 AM
i thought the bucks wanted to win now?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Somehow I see Cleveland shooting down this deal, ruining, again, dreams of every Cavs fan.

Ha, yea probably.

To the person who mentioned he is no Brand or JO. Well the Cavs have LeBron do either of those teams have anything remotely close to him, no. Williams is pretty underrated he average 17ppg for 2 years and 6 assists isn't to shabby. I would take him over JO, JO is way more risky, he may miss 20+ games every season for the rest of his career.

bball1217
08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Interesting, I do not see Williams being on the same level as West/Ridnour.

Williams is a borderline all-star IMO.

West/Ridnour are just solid NBA starting PG's.

Trade would seem to help Cleveland though and would not hurt OKC really.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I actually think Ridnour would fit better with Redd and Jefferson. They need a point guard solid all around. They don't need another scoring option. Need solid players to fill the gaps.

29$JerZ
08-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Still don't see why Milwaukee does this. If they have faith in Ramon Sessions I understand.

Ramon Sessions - Luke Ridnour - Tyronn Lue
Michael Redd - Desmond Mason - Charlie Bell
Richard Jefferson - Joe Alexander
Charlie Villanueva - Malik Allen
Andrew Bogut + Dan Gadzuric

vs

Maurice Williams - Ramon Sessions - Tyronn Lue

If I were Milwaukee I would at leas get a big out of the deal. They have enough guards and forwards, they could use a better backup Center.

29$JerZ
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
I actually think Ridnour would fit better with Redd and Jefferson. They need a point guard solid all around. They don't need another scoring option. Need solid players to fill the gaps.

Yeah, but why only Luke? I'm sure Mo can get a better deal for them than just a Pg. They really could use a better backup Center or more athletic 4

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:08 AM
Still don't see why Milwaukee does this. If they have faith in Ramon Sessions I understand.

Ramon Sessions - Luke Ridnour - Tyronn Lue

vs

Maurice Williams - Ramon Sessions - Tyronn Lue

If I were Milwaukee I would at leas get a big out of the deal. They have enough guards and forwards, they could use a better backup Center.

Thats why they are looking at Joe Smith he is a perfect backup big man. He has D and he can play some solid offense.

29$JerZ
08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Thats why they are looking at Joe Smith he is a perfect backup big man. He has D and he can play some solid offense.

but isn't Joe smith going to the Thunder in this 3 way deal?

Chronz
08-13-2008, 01:10 AM
hmmm Luke Ridinour Mo Williams and Delonte West. Why is Milwaukee downgrading they just picked up Jefferson...
Its because they picked up RJ that they could be considering this trade. This gives them more balance because between Mo-Redd-RJ thats probably the biggest personal-offensive oriented trio in the league, leaving less for Bogut. Ridnour is much more of a pass first oriented player than Mo, and the idea is that RJ can help replace Mo's scoring but Ridnour is better at setting up their shooters and is better able to play off of Bogut in the post. It could backfire on them but teams have done moves like this before and its worked out for the better.

i thought the bucks wanted to win now?
Thats why they made this trade

shep33
08-13-2008, 01:12 AM

That's a good point, but the Bucks have a star point guard in the making. Ramon Sessions. If I had any money I'd put it on this guy being the leagues most improved player next year. I don't know why but i think if this guy starts for the bucks and plays 35 mins a game, he can average 15 pts and 10 assists a game. Last year he averaged 8.1pts, 3.40rbs, and 7.5 assists in just 26 minutes a game. Pretty solid numbers. So in my opinion i think it'd be an alright trade for the Bucks.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:18 AM
but isn't Joe smith going to the Thunder in this 3 way deal?

true hmm weird. I do think more will happen more players will be moved. That would make sense.

MikeG33
08-13-2008, 01:33 AM
I keep hearing the names involved: Mo Williams, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Ridnour, Wilcox.

Here is a trade that seems to work all the way around.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=406~788~1985~1731~1710~2178&teams=25~25~15~15~25~5&te=&cash=

The Bucks rid themselves of two bad Larry Harris contracts (Gadzuric mostly, Williams not terrible, but it is long) - Add a solid pass first PG and a good PF to split mins with Charlie Villanueva.

The Cavs get a solid PG/SG to compliment LBJ.

OKC gets two expiring contracts in Smith and Jones, plus a PF/C in Gadzuric that can get a chance to get some good mins and can bring energy.

Regarding the West contract dispute, I would think Cleveland would allow him to sign an offer sheet somewhere and not match, or he will go to Europe.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:38 AM
I keep hearing the names involved: Mo Williams, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Ridnour, Wilcox.

Here is a trade that seems to work all the way around.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=406~788~1985~1731~1710~2178&teams=25~25~15~15~25~5&te=&cash=

The Bucks rid themselves of two bad Larry Harris contracts (Gadzuric mostly, Williams not terrible, but it is long) - Add a solid pass first PG and a good PF to split mins with Charlie Villanueva.

The Cavs get a solid PG/SG to compliment LBJ.

OKC gets two expiring contracts in Smith and Jones, plus a PF/C in Gadzuric that can get a chance to get some good mins and can bring energy.

Regarding the West contract dispute, I would think Cleveland would allow him to sign an offer sheet somewhere and not match, or he will go to Europe.

Great trade for Cleveland and Milwaukee, I am not so sure about OKC though. I think Smith is a quality player, if they want the expiring contracts they would be getting those. I guess it's not bad.

Wake's Fastball
08-13-2008, 01:41 AM
West hated playing for the Sonics last year because of a lack of playing time and the franchise having no desire to use him. I can't imagine why he'd agree to a S+T to go back to that same franchise, especially after they've now drafted Westbrook.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 01:42 AM
West hated playing for the Sonics last year because of a lack of playing time and the franchise having no desire to use him. I can't imagine why he'd agree to a S+T to go back to that same franchise, especially after they've now drafted Westbrook.

I doubt he would.

BlondeBomber41
08-13-2008, 05:11 AM

I was scanning down this thread looking for someone with a bit of common sense to point out that West wouldnt want to go back to the Sonics. Glad someone pointed that out.

Lebron23
08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Mo Williams is a better upgrade to Eric Snow, and he's also one of my favorite player in the NBA.

Lebron23
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers with Mo Williams - 2nd or 3rd seed team in the Eastern Conference

Starting 5

C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F- Ben Wallace
F- LeBron James
G- Wally Szczerbiak
G- Mo Williams

Bench

C- Anderson Varejao
F- JJ Hickson
F- Darnell Jackson
F- Sasha Pavlovic
G- Daniel Gibson
G- Damon Jones
G/F- Tarance Kinsey

MikeG33
08-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Cleveland Cavaliers with Mo Williams - 2nd or 3rd seed team in the Eastern Conference

Starting 5

C- Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F- Ben Wallace
F- LeBron James
G- Wally Szczerbiak
G- Mo Williams

Bench

C- Anderson Varejao
F- JJ Hickson
F- Darnell Jackson
F- Sasha Pavlovic
G- Daniel Gibson
G- Damon Jones
G/F- Tarance Kinsey

Why in the world would the Cavs start Szczerbiak when they could just as easily use ME Williams at the 2?
He should be a 2, not a 1!

PG - Gibson
SG - Williams
SF - James
PF - Wallace
C - Ilgauskas

The Bucks would look pretty good, if they can dump Williams/Gadzuric and bring in Ridnour/Wilcox.

PG - Ridnour/Sessions/Lue
SG - Redd/Bell
SF - Jefferson/Mason/Alexander
PF - Villanueva/Wilcox/Mbah aMoute
C - Bogut/Elson

Dark Donnie
08-13-2008, 03:48 PM
looks to be done...

Sports Illustrator
08-13-2008, 04:03 PM
We can talk about this in here (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259523) now, the talks have been heating up.