PDA

View Full Version : Stern

Prime07
08-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi,
I posted this under the Laker Forum not realizing talking about the commissioner was considered taboo there. Afterall, the commissioner regulates all things NBA including the lakers. Anyways, I want to know what the general opinion is on Stern. Why is it that he is considered the worst thing to happen to the NBA? I just find it interesting that despite the negatives of Stern, I am still an NBA fan and one that grew up under his tenure.

jetsfan89
08-12-2008, 11:25 PM
a very bad opinion.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Stern, like everything great just has grown old, conservative and greedy.

When he arrived at office he made a hell of a work and saved a dying league and skyrocketed it into the world scene.

He was an innovator, he was very savy and took all the advantage in the world from comertial explotation, he was the one who saw Jordan not only as gret player but a Pilar in wich base his Own church.

But unfortunately his tenure has been too long, he has accomodated himself so much that he hardly ever take risks , only in stupid/no trascendent matters like the "New" Ball he tried to impose two years ago.

He has also lost the passion for the game, otherwise he would have never accepted moving the Sonics.

Its time for a younger gun to start ruling in town, or at least for him to react to the growing Euro Menace.

still1ballin
08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
:cricket:

lakers4sho
08-12-2008, 11:36 PM
:dance:

jetsfan89
08-12-2008, 11:38 PM
is this gonna turn into an off-topic thread or something :p

avsman05
08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Stern is old and senile he needs to be replaced by baby Steinbrenner lol kidding on that one I wouldnt mind seeing a league run by a former great maybe bird or Magic what do you guys think?

Jay22Redd
08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
I dislike him at times as well. Certain things he does, i just dont think is the right decision for the nba

SAVAGE CLAW
08-12-2008, 11:45 PM

Only if no one takes it serious except for the Haters.

We could unfold a great debate from this Thread with a bit of self control and Seriousness.

jgonboricua
08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
can you imagine if someone like ron artest or dennis rodman became the commishiner...lol

SAVAGE CLAW
08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I officially appoint Oj Simpson for the job!!!

lakers4sho
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Isiah Thomas for NBA commish!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

cahawk
08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Stern is controlling the NBA to maximize profits at any expense.
I want to see the best teams play and the best players.
Not who Stern wants to push on us for larger tv ratings & money.

Ask Seattle fans about Stern's involvement in the destruction of the Sonic's.

MassoDio
08-13-2008, 12:17 AM
David started out very well. He was a visionary in the beginning of his tenure. He expanded the NBA. Michael Jordan helped an awful lot, but Stern had the vision to use him, and market the NBA around him. In the last five to eight years, he has lost sight of what is good for the NBA. The rule changes have gone too far. There are way to many fouls called in the game today. The game is more about jump shooting, which is less entertaining. There is not really any good defense anymore, because the rules prevent shut down defenders from being true shut down defenders. The game has turned into something other than pure basketball. It is more about the entertainment than the quality of the actual games. Unfortunately that mind set has back fired, and game is growing less popular as a result. David Stern needs to step aside for someone that has the same fire that he had for making the league better, when he started. It's what is best for the league. If Stern truly cared about the league he helped to build to it's greatest heights, he wouldn't be so prideful as to sit in office while he watches it fall.

Kyle N.
08-13-2008, 12:24 AM
can you imagine if someone like ron artest or dennis rodman became the commishiner...lol

Ron Artest, no. But Dennis Rodman... we may have something here.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Ron Artest, no. But Dennis Rodman... we may have something here.

New Dressing Code, Players must show up in official events in wedding dresses.

Kyle N.
08-13-2008, 12:32 AM
New Dressing Code, Players must show up in official events in wedding dresses.

More people would be watching already.

bogdanrom
08-13-2008, 12:51 AM

I like pizza with ketchup on it. ;)

Hellcrooner
08-13-2008, 03:53 AM
he rigged this years playoffs by not suspending Garnett for the Pachulia affair.

so , to hell with him