PDA

View Full Version : Proof:Nolan has been lieing day in and day out

Tmac416
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Here is a grets summary of the teribley ran qb compeition.
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-2-222/As-the-QBs-turn--Nolan-clarifies-remarks.html

As the QBs turn: Nolan clarifies remarks

August 12, 2008 6:39 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

J.T. O'Sullivan continues to get the most practice reps as the 49ers' quarterback, but coach Mike Nolan isn't ready to proclaim him the favorite -- despite what the coach said on KNBR radio this morning. Nolan to reporters today: "I like all three quarterbacks, I can't stress that enough." A brief history of the situation:

Alex Smith was the starter last season until injuries dictated otherwise.
Smith and Shaun Hill were the primary competitors for the starting job early in camp, Nolan said at the time.
O'Sullivan then seemed to emerge as part of a three-way race, at which point Nolan said O'Sullivan had been in the race all along, albeit with fewer reps.
Nolan later said the 49ers planned to divide the reps equally among the three quarterbacks for the duration of camp.
O'Sullivan then began taking more of the first-team reps, and he started the exhibition opener. Nolan said he mostly wanted to see O'Sullivan in a game situation; he was already familiar with Smith and Hill.
O'Sullivan continued getting most of the first-team reps in practice, a trend that has continued -- to the point that Nolan went on the radio today and said O'Sullivan had an advantage as a result.
Asked about the plan to divide reps equally, Nolan told reporters today that the team had changed its mind on how to allocate reps. Nolan: "We've re-adjusted who works with what group."
It's all a bit confusing. The bottom line, of course, is that Nolan and the staff must win games this season, regardless of the quarterback. Beyond that, the friction between Nolan and Smith that bubbled up last season, perceived or real, cannot become an issue again.

Expect the organization to judge Nolan on those two criteria, in that order.

i have have alwyas been on nolans side unitl camp. i cant stand him anymore

Droth24
08-12-2008, 09:34 PM
i have have alwyas been on nolans side unitl camp. i cant stand him anymore
yea pretty much the same thing ive been thinking ****** nolan until he can prove to us that he can win us games

FNM BOY
08-12-2008, 10:06 PM
if we have a fail season...Nolan is as good as gone...no worries...then he can wear his suits in another setting.

974life
08-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Im still going to give him the benefit of the doubt because if by some miracle he turns this around I wanna know I didn't lose hope after one preseason game.

WillisLovechild
08-12-2008, 11:22 PM
i lost hope after that pre-season game. its the years of mediocrity finally getting to me.

NinerNation
08-12-2008, 11:46 PM
This is ********. Nolan might be a good coach somewhere else, but its going to be to hard to get his **** together here in SF. I think we might need to start over, not with the players, but with the coach. Singletary, even martz could be our next head coach.

sportsnutzz
08-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Honestly, I believe Alex is a good QB. Great I don't know, but I feel like he has never had anything going for him. And Nolan is just another one of those things. Why extend his contract and then again mess with him like this. I love my niners, but I am tried of nolan...... no longer in Nolan do we trust.

Joe505
08-13-2008, 12:55 AM
If were not going to the playoffs I hope we win like 5 games, so we can draft Tebow, and Sign Cower as the new coach!!!

DownSouth49er
08-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Honestly, I believe Alex is a good QB. Great I don't know, but I feel like he has never had anything going for him. And Nolan is just another one of those things. Why extend his contract and then again mess with him like this. I love my niners, but I am tried of nolan...... no longer in Nolan do we trust.

i honestly agree with you, good post....are you new to the forum?...if so, welcome

WillisLovechild
08-13-2008, 03:21 AM
If were not going to the playoffs I hope we win like 5 games, so we can draft Tebow, and Sign Cower as the new coach!!!

HELL NO!!!!!!!! do u honestly think we'd use another pick on an urban meyer system QB? if we're gonna take a QB next year, we're taking one of the following: matt stafford, cullen harper, maybe curtis painter. there is a zero percent chance we draft tim tebow.

bornFrisco49er
08-13-2008, 04:10 AM

TEBOW!!!???? r u serious? Alex Smith=system qb in college=success in college. Tebow=system qb in college=success in college. what qb gets 20tds passing and 20tds rushing? maybe he'll prove me wrong this fall but i doubt it..

btw..why all of a sudden i see so many fans getting discouraged..(SO EARlY 2)im not high on us but im always optimistic...5 wins? maybe realistic but im hoping for 7-9 wins..look at our schedule and i can see a legit 7 wins guys.

lincecum=future
08-13-2008, 04:27 AM
If Nolan gets fired then most likely Martz will get the head-coaching job which I wouldn't be too excited about. If he were to go I would say give Singeltary a shot or convince Shotty to be our coach.

bornFrisco49er
08-13-2008, 04:33 AM
If Nolan gets fired then most likely Martz will get the head-coaching job which I wouldn't be too excited about. If he were to go I would say give Singeltary a shot or convince Shotty to be our coach.

i like singletary and martz..but ill wait to see how bad or good we do this season..

Thatruth32
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Im still going to give him the benefit of the doubt because if by some miracle he turns this around I wanna know I didn't lose hope after one preseason game.

thats how i feel... this whole qb thing got me scratching my head too but im not jumping off tha ship

NinerNation
08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
HELL NO!!!!!!!! do u honestly think we'd use another pick on an urban meyer system QB? if we're gonna take a QB next year, we're taking one of the following: matt stafford, cullen harper, maybe curtis painter. there is a zero percent chance we draft tim tebow.

[QUOTE=bornFrisco49er;6266553]TEBOW!!!???? r u serious? Alex Smith=system qb in college=success in college. Tebow=system qb in college=success in college. what qb gets 20tds passing and 20tds rushing? maybe he'll prove me wrong this fall but i doubt it..

What both of you guys are saying is that Alex Smith Sucks. I disagree. He has not been given a chance, and the ONE season where he has a MINOR chance with norv, he flourished. He might still be a good QB so dont discount qbs in a "system's" like meyers as automatic bad QB's. With that said, if this season doesnt turn out in our favor, I would like to see Stafford in here!

974life
08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Lets keep the faith alive. I don't know about you guys but I've been a fan to long to just stop giving a crap, yes they have to change but lets not give up this early.

Thatruth32
08-13-2008, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=bornFrisco49er;6266553]TEBOW!!!???? r u serious? Alex Smith=system qb in college=success in college. Tebow=system qb in college=success in college. what qb gets 20tds passing and 20tds rushing? maybe he'll prove me wrong this fall but i doubt it..

What both of you guys are saying is that Alex Smith Sucks. I disagree. He has not been given a chance, and the ONE season where he has a MINOR chance with norv, he flourished. He might still be a good QB so dont discount qbs in a "system's" like meyers as automatic bad QB's. With that said, if this season doesnt turn out in our favor, I would like to see Stafford in here!

i agree with most of what u said... but i wouldnt say he flourished..that season he had 16 tds with 16 ints... so yea alot better than what he has done but still not great.. but i dont think he has been givin a good chance because he hasnt had much tatlent around here.. but this is his chance this year no if and or buts about it...

WillisLovechild
08-13-2008, 03:23 PM

im not saying smith sucks, i agree that he hasnt had a good opportunity to succeed. what i am saying is that if he fails, there is absolutely no chance in hell we draft another urban meyer QB.

Tmac416
08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
its not about jumping off the ship or losing faith. its being sick and tired off his no nothing asnwers, lies to the public, his own team team doesnt even care for him. Serisouly, who has honestly ever heard one player come out and opnely lobby for nolan. no one has. i think this team does have talent thats why it pisses me off so bad with nolan and his decisions.

bottom line is, alex smith should be getting every chance to take the number one. Say he gets the job and he sucks the first two games, the gbut o ahead and bring jto. but you owe it to your huge investment not to mention the fans to see if he really can play in this league. Technicly Smith should have never lost his job becuase he was hurt. go off the year before when he put up16/16 and he was still the youngest player in the league. he deserves his shot this time. a real chance to suceed and nolan isnt giing it to him. but to me, the fact smith hasnt gotten any first team practice in is a shame.

wonkman22
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
how bout give martz the head coach job!

sportsnutzz
08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Look I am from utah so I saw smith play a ton, believe me he can play. I understand meyer makes QB's look like gold. But smith can play, if for once in his career he could feel like he had the coaching staff backing him. A good offensive coordinator, a half decent O line, a WR worth crap to throw to he would show that he can at least be decent in the NFL. He has gotten one of the worst chances at an nfl career I have ever seen. The best is when he gets the injury prone talk. Oh my god did anyone remember the hit he took from Strahan his first year? He also got up from some huge hits in his college days like it was nothing. He is very cerebral, meyer used to talk about the HOURS he spent memorizing the play book just to get an edge. He is fairly mobile....

Here is my bet on what will happen honestly, 49ers will give up on him and then he will restart on another team. He we get some confidence and he will finally show his true colors. That is all he needs is a little confidence. Normally I don't think a 1st round pick needs these things but come on that first year was BRUTAL on him. My high school had a better O line. Then he has nolan being an idiot and blaming him in the media. Nolan called him out because he knows he is going to loose his job and doesn't know what else to say. :smoking:

bigmac8675
08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
how bout give martz the head coach job!

It's probably gonna happen, and if not Martz then Singletary. Either way.... Nolan better get his **** straight with the QB situation because this is ridiculous. JT is not a starter..... no way he should still be getting reps with the first team after last weeks game.

HAHAHA ok Nolan, we got the joke. You are a jokester for starting JT.... so quit this nonsense now, the joke is over! Let's see Smith get some reps in with the first team and lets see him start!

IMO it is not fair to compare QB's when one is playing with 1st stringers, the other with 2nd, and the other with 3rd stringers. It doesn't justify the QBs skills. And seriously.... Smith played better then JT with the 2nd stringers.... what does that say?.......anybody???? And Hill played like crap in the game but he was also playing with a bunch of mediocre and unproven players.

I guess the point I am tryign to make with all this ranting and raving is... SIT JT THE **** DOWN! Let Smith and/or Hill get their chance with the 1st team offense this week in practice and in the game vs GB.

If you play JT all week with the first team and then say Smith or Hill is starting, then dude you are an idiot nolan. But if you keep practicing JT with the first team and start him... you are still an idiot. So the only way to make yourself not look like a moron who knows nothing about offense..... then SIT JT ON THE BENCH when the first team is on the field.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!:)

Raiders1951
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
What both of you guys are saying is that Alex Smith Sucks. I disagree. He has not been given a chance, and the ONE season where he has a MINOR chance with norv, he flourished. He might still be a good QB so dont discount qbs in a "system's" like meyers as automatic bad QB's.[/QUOTE]

Not a 9er fan so I didnt even know there was a serious QB question until Friday's game. I cant believe they would bench Smith for O'Sullivan after 3 seasons. It can take a little more time for a QB to reach his potential. All the QB competition talk has to be just to light a fire under Smith.

sportsnutzz
08-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Honestly that is my problem with Nolen, I don't believe it is for motivation. I think he simply isn't a good coach. He knows he has one last year or bust, and he is giving all 3 a chance. Honestly I feel like if at the start of this year he came out and named Smith the started said he was excited to see what he could do with this team and martz in the system now he might have saved his job. Instead he doesn't look like a coach who knows anything, he see's all of them play hour after hour drill after drill. There is no possible way all 3 of them look even. PICK YOUR GUY AND GO WITH IT NOLAN. :mad:

Tmac416
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Honestly that is my problem with Nolen, I don't believe it is for motivation. I think he simply isn't a good coach. He knows he has one last year or bust, and he is giving all 3 a chance. Honestly I feel like if at the start of this year he came out and named Smith the started said he was excited to see what he could do with this team and martz in the system now he might have saved his job. Instead he doesn't look like a coach who knows anything, he see's all of them play hour after hour drill after drill. There is no possible way all 3 of them look even. PICK YOUR GUY AND GO WITH IT NOLAN. :mad:

me mucho think so too

sportsnutzz
08-14-2008, 01:22 AM
wow just read the story that Smith's best friend committed suicide. Is this guy ever going to get a break? :cry:

ninerfan609
08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
i'm super interested as to who will win

bornFrisco49er
08-14-2008, 05:21 PM
alex doesnt suck, he was really good in college because of a good system. i def. think he has the tools tho, as we saw with a good play caller in norv. alex looked good in the first two games last year. i still have faith in alex. I just dont like tebow.lol..

Tapptout
08-14-2008, 08:14 PM
get Nolan outta here

sportsnutzz
08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
So I was just thinking how cool would this be..... next year Martz head coach and Urban Meyer as the new OC?? haha

bornFrisco49er
08-15-2008, 03:03 AM
lol who knows..i cant say anything about the coach probably until mid-late season