PDA

View Full Version : Pat Williams to "Crush" all of the Packers...

4favre4
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
VIKINGS SEND PACK SOME SMACK
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2008, 3:53 p.m. EDT
The rivalry between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers has heated up of late, what with Packers legend Brett Favre wanting to play in purple and the Packers filing tampering charges arising from his apparent efforts to do so.

But just because Favre now plays for neither team doesn’t mean that the franchises are ready to kiss and make up.

Of the struggles the Packers faced during the Favre saga, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was candid. “Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or [Aaron] Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.

“They had a nice year last year,” Williams added, “but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were. He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

So what does Williams plan to do when the Vikes go to Lambeau Field in less than four weeks? “I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Though such boastfulness has in the past been viewed as ill-advised, given that it gives the other team plenty of fodder for their bulletin board, the Giants proved in Super Bowl XLII that, sometimes, the confidence boost that comes from crowing outweighs the effect that the squawking might have on the other team.

:puke: Haha this is funny stuff.

PackAttack09
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
"VIKINGS SEND PACK SOME SMACK
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2008, 3:53 p.m. EDT

The rivalry between the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers has heated up of late, what with Packers legend Brett Favre wanting to play in purple and the Packers filing tampering charges arising from his apparent efforts to do so.

But just because Favre now plays for neither team doesn’t mean that the franchises are ready to kiss and make up.

Of the struggles the Packers faced during the Favre saga, Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams was candid. “Damn, that’s their problem,” Williams told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “They’re going through all that as a team, trying to figure out if Favre or [Aaron] Rodgers was the man, while we’ve got the same team we had all offseason. I’m glad they got all that darn press, ‘cause when we go down there it’ll be the kid’s first start and his first damn loss.

“They had a nice year last year,” Williams added, “but they don’t understand that Brett made those guys better than they were. He has the game all figured out, and you’ve got to factor all that into the equation. Brett Favre would throw the ball when the receivers hadn’t even made their cut yet, and it would be there waiting for them. Those guys had it good.

“People think it’s the system, but it ain’t no damn system. Brett Favre just knows where his guys are going to be at all times, and I don’t think Aaron Rodgers has got that yet.”

So what does Williams plan to do when the Vikes go to Lambeau Field in less than four weeks? “I’m going to try to crush all of ‘em,” Williams said. “That’s been the focus of my whole summer – the Green Bay Packers.”

Though such boastfulness has in the past been viewed as ill-advised, given that it gives the other team plenty of fodder for their bulletin board, the Giants proved in Super Bowl XLII that, sometimes, the confidence boost that comes from crowing outweighs the effect that the squawking might have on the other team." -ProFootballTalk.com

Late last season the Packers handed the Vikings a 34-0 beat down, in which the defense that couldn't be run on was ran all over.... and the train that couldn't be stopped (Adrian Peterson) was de-railed. I don't think that the Vikings closed that gap and I can't wait to see the @$$ whooping we give them week 1.

newdude
08-12-2008, 09:22 PM
I applaud Williams for praising Favre :D

But they did talk trash like this when we instilled the zone blocking, and they ended getting beat, so it's nothing new.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
That's what happens when your on top. Of course he and all the rest of those bozos are thinking of us all summer. They got their **** handed to them last year.

34-0

m2j3
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
It will be fun to see when the Vikings get the loss in the opener and Rodgers trashes them.

m2j3
08-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Nah I'm used to the Packers crushing the trash talking Vikings so this is just a normal thing to me. Sorry Patty.

newdude
08-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Wait, is there two thread of this? Where's Hugh??? :D

hughest4
08-12-2008, 10:46 PM
If this was Kevin Williams i think i would be a little more scared just because i feel he is the better of the two DT's. Pat Williams is old and is only as good as he is because of Kevin. He might be right about the whole Rodgers/Favre thing but we won't know until we play a bunch of games. After 1 preseason game everything is good...so far

RcrkllrH2
08-12-2008, 11:31 PM
france also said they would crush us this year

didnt turn out too well for them now didnt it?

SDteacher
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
this makes me laugh.

boeknows
08-13-2008, 12:21 AM
france also said they would crush us this year

didnt turn out too well for them now didnt it?

Nevermind i think i realized what u were talking about.

newdude
08-13-2008, 12:24 AM
France did?

He is talking about the Olympics.

robdizzle3
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
I just got fired up with that so I know the Pack are and I cant wait till week one to see what happens and why is he even talking about QB's because they have one of the worst in the league so maybe he needs to worry about his QB

XJW18
08-13-2008, 01:14 AM
lol

OnWisconsin2007
08-13-2008, 01:27 AM
There are a lot of people that think we're going to suck really badly this year. I saw some 7-9 record predictions...I just pray that we win a lot of games.

mr. burns
08-13-2008, 02:36 AM
week one will be tough for rodgers, If he can win in week one I think we are going to playoffs for sure. If we lose in week one it could be a tough year. I usually don't pu that much weight on a game in september, but when you factor in that whoever wins on monday has the huge inside track for the division and rodgers confidence will either be sky high or pretty shaken...

the only way I could see this not being a make or break game is if rodgers looks good and we still lose or rodgers looks awful and we fluke our way to a win. I don't think that will happen though. as rodgres goes, so go the packers.

iam brett favre
08-13-2008, 03:06 AM
The Pack will KILL them opening night.

BrewCityBuck
08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't care what Pat Williams has to say about our team. He's just a big, dumb fat *** who takes on blockers. I don't care about his analysis of our offense, or his opinion on Rodgers. Let your game do the talking, shutup.

boeknows
08-13-2008, 04:57 PM
He is talking about the Olympics.

Yeah i know thats why i said i realized what he was talking about.

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
"Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season, that's everything you want," Allen said. "Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it'll be a good day."
--------------------------------------------------------
Yeah Jared, lets see if you feel that way after we kick your *** you piece of crap. Hopefully Mark Tauscher or Chad Clifton can draw a 15 yard penalty for "illegal use of hands to the face" the result of your jaw getting broke. If they can do that and sideline you, it'll be a good day. :rock:

pacofunk64
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry guys...I am tired of the Viking-Bear threads. The Bears, IMO, are the worst team in the North.

I look forward to a good, hard fought battle this year between the Pack & the Vikes. Week1 is going to be eventful for both our young QB's in what could make or break their season. IMO I think Rodgers will be fine, I think your WR's are great, the YAC is what will help Rodgers as it did Favre.

I think these 2 teams are pretty even across the board with each having their strengths & weaknesses in different areas. I am looking forward to a Pack-Vikes NFC Championship game (of course the Vikes would be at home).

Martz
08-13-2008, 05:57 PM
This article is laughable....

rzrk12
08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Like I said in the NFL forum, this sounds all too similiar to the Chris Hovan trash talking back in 2003. That season ended with the Vikings getting beat by the Cards and missing the playoffs. They trash talk so much and never win anything, it's hilarious. They're like the Freddie Mitchell of NFL franchises.

Martz
08-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Like I said in the NFL forum, this sounds all too similiar to the Chris Hovan trash talking back in 2003. That season ended with the Vikings getting beat by the Cards and missing the playoffs. They trash talk so much and never win anything, it's hilarious. They're like the Freddie Mitchell of NFL franchises.

"I just want to thank my hands for being so great." - Freddie Mitchell

worst player ever!!!! i mean come on?! he was a borderline 3 reciever.

newdude
08-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah i know thats why i said i realized what he was talking about.

Lol, I posted b4 u edited ur original post:)

Brooke
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
well it is easy to trash talk, backing it up is a completely different story

darwin31
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Maybe its me but i think its kind of funny how people here get all offended when a player talks trash. They make it seem as if they are going to do something about it. Folks, you are not playing. I can see if a poster were to come into this forum and start with the trash talk, sure jump all over that guy. But getting upset when a player talks trash makes no sence becuase we are not on their level. Let the Packers use it and do something about it.

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Did someone say they were offended? Do you think it's a good idea for your Vikings to be **** talking? I know if I was on that team, I would be keeping my mouth shut and letting my play do the talking after last years beat down. I'm sure the Vikings are hungry for a re match after the way the Green Bay Packers treated them last season but to talk **** is.... well, :laugh2::laugh::silly: :laugh2::laugh::silly: :laugh2: Send your boys an e-mail and tell them to make some noise on the field rather than in the media. :moon:

darwin31
08-13-2008, 07:56 PM
"Playing Green Bay on Monday night to start the season, that's everything you want," Allen said. "Hopefully, I can put my helmet square in the back of his spine. If I can do that and knock the ball loose, it'll be a good day."
--------------------------------------------------------
Yeah Jared, lets see if you feel that way after we kick your *** you piece of crap. Hopefully Mark Tauscher or Chad Clifton can draw a 15 yard penalty for "illegal use of hands to the face" the result of your jaw getting broke. If they can do that and sideline you, it'll be a good day. :rock:

I dunno, you sounded pretty offended there........

I would prefer if we didnt talk smack. I for one, do remember having our rears handed to us twice last year by you folks so im really not going to be saying anything even after we beat you on week 1.

oops:rolleyes:

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I dunno, you sounded pretty offended there........

I would prefer if we didnt talk smack. I for one, do remember having our rears handed to us twice last year by you folks so im really not going to be saying anything even after we beat you on week 1.

oops:rolleyes:

As a fan it gets me, you and all the other fans pumped up for the game. Not that I need their help but it doesn't hurt. It just stokes the never ending fire. I guess you could say it take offence to it. I love the Green Bay Packers and all that they represent. So when Pat or your new guy Jared talk **** about my passion I get fired up. Nothing I can do about it other than yell at the TV even louder. Best Lambeau trip for me was watching Longwell (another one of your hand me downs) kick the game winner against the Vikings. It's interesting that Jared would start smarting off so soon. CHOP BLOCK!!!!;)

newdude
08-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Early preview of Clifton vs. Allen :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iuP8Ugrepo

And Socal, we don't need to chop block to handle them :P

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 10:15 PM
What the refs can't see isn't our fault is it? (holding)

LOL he threw him to the ground like a rag doll.

newdude
08-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Every linemen basically holds, it just depends on if the refs considers it holding or not, or like u said they maybe didn't see it, tehehehehe :D

ugottabjoshinme
08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
i remember patrick kerney talking...or seahawks fans talking about patrick kerney...dont remember which....but that worked out real well for them in last years playoffs....i see a similar result here

Newest Badger
08-13-2008, 10:47 PM
God this stuff is why I ****in love this rivalry.

cwilson21
08-13-2008, 10:48 PM
God this stuff is why I ****in love this rivalry.

Agreed. I'd rather have Pat Williams talking **** than Otis Grigsby.

XJW18
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
i wanna know what some of the guys have to say about this?

boeknows
08-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Only difference is that Hovan was trying to get into Favre's head which is hard to do and Pat is trying to get into Rogers head which remains to be seen if it will work.

socalpkrbkr
08-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Only difference is that Hovan was trying to get into Favre's head which is hard to do and Pat is trying to get into Rogers head which remains to be seen if it will work.

This kid is a rock. (Rodgers) He hasn't slipped up once through all this Favre crap. He dealt with it like a true professional. I'm calling it now, if Rodgers plays all 16 games this season, the Green Bay Packers will win the North.

jericson
08-14-2008, 12:28 AM
This kid is a rock. (Rodgers) He hasn't slipped up once through all this Favre crap. He dealt with it like a true professional. I'm calling it now, if Rodgers plays all 16 games this season, the Green Bay Packers will win the North.

Agreed.

socalpkrbkr
08-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Agreed.

J! Holy crap man, where have you been? Good to see your still around. We may not see eye to eye on everything but it's good to see some old faces. :)

augipitcher3
08-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't care what Pat Williams has to say about our team. He's just a big, dumb fat *** who takes on blockers. I don't care about his analysis of our offense, or his opinion on Rodgers. Let your game do the talking, shutup.

You obviously haven't seen too many games he has played in then. He gets to the outside and makes plays on running backs going around the edge quite often. He might not be fast but he is very quick especially for his size. He is not Gilbert Brown by any means.

augipitcher3
08-14-2008, 10:07 AM
As a fan it gets me, you and all the other fans pumped up for the game. Not that I need their help but it doesn't hurt. It just stokes the never ending fire. I guess you could say it take offence to it. I love the Green Bay Packers and all that they represent. So when Pat or your new guy Jared talk **** about my passion I get fired up. Nothing I can do about it other than yell at the TV even louder. Best Lambeau trip for me was watching Longwell (another one of your hand me downs) kick the game winner against the Vikings. It's interesting that Jared would start smarting off so soon. CHOP BLOCK!!!!;)

Yeah you seem to like dirty play. Classy.

augipitcher3
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM

Did you notice how he played through the whole time all the Favre stuff was going on? You guys were complaining every day because he looked bad in practice and then he looked bad during family night. Now you say he was a rock all the way through it, because he had one good preseason game after the pressure of Favre was off of him. Go check the facts I would say he was a rock just because he is smart enough to say the right things. His play didn't show that he was a rock. (Just from reading this forums comments anyways)

socalpkrbkr
08-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Did you notice how he played through the whole time all the Favre stuff was going on? You guys were complaining every day because he looked bad in practice and then he looked bad during family night. Now you say he was a rock all the way through it, because he had one good preseason game after the pressure of Favre was off of him. Go check the facts I would say he was a rock just because he is smart enough to say the right things. His play didn't show that he was a rock. (Just from reading this forums comments anyways)

Maybe you can find a quote of mine where I've complained about his play in practice or during the family night game. How is the pressure of Brett Favre off him? Good luck explaining that one to me. I said he's a rock. Nothing more nothing less. Again you go putting words in my mouth with your response. It was implied with what we we're talking about that he is a rock mentally. Head games was the topic at that point. Get off my tip with your ramblings Mr. 26 year old.

pacofunk64
08-14-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll agree he has been a rock mentally. But not physically...yet. We all know the history of Jeff Tedford QB's coming to the NFL. They suck! However with Rodgers having 4 years to study, behind the greatest QB of all time IMO, he should have this offense down & know exactly where everyone will be. The Packers dont necessarily beat you long, the WR are great with the YAC. I think Rodgers will have a better year than expected but I still feel my Vikes are going to win the North. We have the same faith in our QB (T-Jack) as you guys do in Rodgers. One advantage for T-Jack is he has started 12 games compared to just a few game s played for Rodgers. Like most people...I learn better on the job then in a classroom studying all day.

mikeybears
08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
although im a bears fan ,i hate the viks i hope we both kick the sh-t out of them,heres to a good season in the nfc north,except the viks

pacofunk64
08-14-2008, 12:41 PM
although im a bears fan ,i hate the viks i hope we both kick the sh-t out of them,heres to a good season in the nfc north,except the viks

I'll agree with your for the most part...I just cant stand the Bears.:D

Newest Badger
08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Is this the Packers thread?

Martz
08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll agree with your for the most part...I just cant stand the Bears.:D

Who can?

ugottabjoshinme
08-14-2008, 12:47 PM
You obviously haven't seen too many games he has played in then. He gets to the outside and makes plays on running backs going around the edge quite often. He might not be fast but he is very quick especially for his size. He is not Gilbert Brown by any means.

you obviously have a biased opinion mr vikings fan

augipitcher3
08-14-2008, 01:25 PM
you obviously have a biased opinion mr vikings fan

How can that be a biased. It is a fact.

augipitcher3
08-14-2008, 01:25 PM

Yeah Marcus and Mike are pretty annoying.

Soup Nazi
08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Viking and Bear fans are absolutely delusional. You know, deep in your broken hearts that the Packers are a better TEAM. Keep playing your fantasies over in your heads...it'll be even better when the Pack hands y'all your ***** and repeat as the North Champions.

boeknows
08-15-2008, 12:16 AM

I was more thinking of waiting till the season to figure that out. I do agree with u though he has been mentally tough so far. Just will have to wait and see if he can do it thought the whole game and whole season.

robdizzle3
08-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Even though Rod hasnt started a game he will be better then T-Jack and when that happens I will laugh harder then a *****

Killebrewcrew3
08-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Aaron Rodgers? im more worried about Brian Brohm to be completely honest. rodgers will be exactly what he is. Garbage. As much as i dont like williams lashing out talking smack. Hes right. Favre made this team better. Ryan grant wont even a top ten running back this year.Clowns like ruvell martine and james jones wont be nearly as good. he made this offense go. it ll be fun to watch the pack fight to stay out of the basement in the north

robdizzle3
08-15-2008, 02:38 AM
Aaron Rodgers? im more worried about Brian Brohm to be completely honest. rodgers will be exactly what he is. Garbage. As much as i dont like williams lashing out talking smack. Hes right. Favre made this team better. Ryan grant wont even a top ten running back this year.Clowns like ruvell martine and james jones wont be nearly as good. he made this offense go. it ll be fun to watch the pack fight to stay out of the basement in the north

Wow what have you been watching to say that JJ is not gonna be good and that Rod will be staright garbage.I know you are upset that Favre left as is most of us here but we are trying to move on so if you are a Pack fan then you need to get on board with the new look Pack and watch us win a title

Killebrewcrew3
08-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Def not a pack fan. maybe my comment was a little harsh but i dont think A rod will amount to much. and i dont think this team is as talented as favre made them. just myopinion

robdizzle3
08-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Def not a pack fan. maybe my comment was a little harsh but i dont think A rod will amount to much. and i dont think this team is as talented as favre made them. just myopinion

I can respect that and you may be right we may be a more talented team with Brett but nonetheless still talented and yet to peak as we are one of the youngest teams in the NFL with Vterans spread around in the right place.We have potential and already pro bowlers in Harris,Woodson,Bigby,Barnett,Hawk,Kampman,KGB,Clif ton,Tauscher,Driver,Jennings,Lee,and Grant.We will be a threat for the NFC Championship this year and maybe number 2 behind the Cowboys as of right now

Killebrewcrew3
08-15-2008, 03:10 AM
I agree you guys are a young talented team. i do disagree that your second behind dallas however.. the saints giants vikings seahawks redskins and im sure im forgetting a talented team might have something to say bout that. i think it ll be a struggle for you guys to get in the playoffs this year just cuz alot of teams that werent to far away from the playoffs last year made some good additions. it all depends on rodgers

robdizzle3
08-15-2008, 03:22 AM
I agree you guys are a young talented team. i do disagree that your second behind dallas however.. the saints giants vikings seahawks redskins and im sure im forgetting a talented team might have something to say bout that. i think it ll be a struggle for you guys to get in the playoffs this year just cuz alot of teams that werent to far away from the playoffs last year made some good additions. it all depends on rodgers

I agree that alot will depend on Rod and that those teams you mentioned will have something to say but I hope you dont forget that we were in the NFC championship with Giants last year and we are improving and besides the G-Men because they are the Champs we are better then any of those teams you mentioned and they have question marks just as we do and we have a better defense then them and I know Rod hasnt proved himself yet but mark my words this guy can play and I cant wait until he shows the world because most of Packer nation already know

Killebrewcrew3
08-15-2008, 03:35 AM
This is just my opinion but i dont think ryan grant is going to put up the same numbers. same witth martin jones and all the other guys who favre made look like rock stars. maybe your right bout rodgers. but i dont think he ll make a HUGE impact this year. maybe next. your defense is solid but i would take some other defenses over yours. until rodgers proves himself i dont think you can say the pack are the second best team in the nfc. same wioth the vikings. jackson hasnt done anything to say they are the top 2. its definitly open but until the season goes and these guys answere questions IMO theyre not

robdizzle3
08-15-2008, 04:07 AM
True so i guess its gonna be prove me wrong rod thing with you huh?

Killebrewcrew3
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Basically. until he can show me different imnot a believer and i think thats the case with alot of people who follow the game.

socalpkrbkr
08-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Ha ha. A Viking fan coming in here to say our QB is garbage. :rolleyes:How would you know what he is? He hasn't been out there playing week in and week out. From what I've seen of Rodgers in his limited appearances and play at Cal he's anything but garbage. Of course Brett Favre made the Packers better last season but he didn't "make" this team. We were 13-3 for a reason and that wasn't because of Brett Favre alone. We've got one of the youngest ball clubs in the league, maybe the youngest. The Packers were the most balanced team in the North last season (once Grant found his groove) and I see no reason we cannot be again. I'm down to put money on the idea that Rodgers will have better numbers this season than Jackson. When he does what will you say of your QB?

mr. burns
08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Ha ha. A Viking fan coming in here to say our QB is garbage. :rolleyes:How would you know what he is? He hasn't been out there playing week in and week out. From what I've seen of Rodgers in his limited appearances and play at Cal he's anything but garbage. Of course Brett Favre made the Packers better last season but he didn't "make" this team. We were 13-3 for a reason and that wasn't because of Brett Favre alone. We've got one of the youngest ball clubs in the league, maybe the youngest. The Packers were the most balanced team in the North last season (once Grant found his groove) and I see no reason we cannot be again. I'm down to put money on the idea that Rodgers will have better numbers this season than Jackson. When he does what will you say of your QB?

viking fans don't know much about quarterbacks, but they do know a lot about garbage. if anybody thinks rodgers has shown them anything on the field to think he's garbage teh thay aren't that bright. anybody who thinks the pack won't miss a beat with rodgers instead of favre is even dimmer. The fact is rodgers looks like he could be a good/very good QB, which is still way way way way way worse than brett.

factoring in injury issues I have some serious questions about rodgers.

robdizzle3
08-16-2008, 04:00 AM
You know what Burns it is funny that the Vikes are talking because they did and IMO do have a garbage QB so why are they talking about us?put anyone else in T-Jacks shoes last year and the Vikings offense would be very hard to stop but no T-Jack is our future but cant throw to a open man 7 yards down the field but they want to talk about our QB situation.I am also willing to bet that Rod will be better then Jack