PDA

View Full Version : Which non-playoff team from the 2007-08 season do you think has the best chance of ma

mitch91
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Which non-playoff team from the 2007-08 season do you think has the best chance of making the playoffs in 2008-09?

and why?

daleja424
08-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Mia/Mil... both are going to be a lot better...

ugottabjoshinme
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
chicago....they had a lot of injuries last year. A healthy team and coaching change should get them back on track.

Kyle N.
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
West: Blazers- The Nuggets won't make it
East: Heat- They got a lot to prove after last season, but I think they'll put it behind them and make the playoffs again.

phillyphan4ever
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
sixers because they got brand

mitch91
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
anoybody think possibly clippers or warriors have a chance in the west? not really my thoughts just wanting to know your thoughts

mitch91
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
sixers made the playoffs last year buddy

JordansBulls
08-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Miami for sure. They have 2 stars and the #2 pick on that team and Wade is not healthy.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
alot of love for miami out east. any other teams from the east that people think might have a shot?

black1605
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
bobcats.....resigning emeka, and bring in larry brown were both huge moves

mitch91
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
i personally think the HEAT have a better shot than the bobcats. and the bulls aswell. anybody think the nets have a shot?

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
in the west its gonna be the blazers or clippers taking denvers spot and in the east its milwaukee and miami.

junior14xxx
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
miami

soriano2008WS
08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Milwaukee Bucks
No changes in the West

NYKnickFanatic
08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
THE NEW YORK KNICKSSS! 8th seed baby!

Why?

Because Stephon Marbury is going to come back, and play great!

And Duhon will be a perfect backup!

And Chandler and Danilo are gna bring excitement, along with Lee and Nate.

And Curry is gna have a great year!

And I hate Z-Bo! YESSSSSS!!!!

And Isiah is gone, and we brought in Mike!

I can not wait!

Go KNICKS!!!!!

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
in the west its gonna be the blazers or clippers taking denvers spot and in the east its milwaukee and miami.

bucks and the heat?? which two teams will fall out in the east??

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
THE NEW YORK KNICKSSS! 8th seed baby!

Why?

Because Stephon Marbury is going to come back, and play great!

And Duhon will be a perfect backup!

And Chandler and Danilo are gna bring excitement, along with Lee and Nate.

And Curry is gna have a great year!

And I hate Z-Bo! YESSSSSS!!!!

And Isiah is gone, and we brought in Mike!

I can not wait!

Go KNICKS!!!!!

this dudes name clearly says it all lol he is clealy a knicks fanatic

NYKnickFanatic
08-12-2008, 04:21 PM

And youre a Sixers fan?

Come on man.

They made the playoffs last year....

lakers4sho
In the West the Blazers have a good shot.

mitch91
also i forgot to say but can yous also give the names of the teams you think will frop out of each respective conference. thanks

NYKnickFanatic
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
this dudes name clearly says it all lol he is clealy a knicks fanatic

:D:D:D

YES I AM!

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Philly f`sho. In the West the Blazers have a good shot.

this is the second time. yes fair enough most think philly will make the playoffs but this thred is about teams that didnt make the playoffs last year i.e miami or the clippers.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
:D:D:D

YES I AM!

so you really think mike d is going to make yous a playoff team??

and starbury doesnt look like he is staying. i do like chandler though

phillyphan4ever
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
sorry read the title wrong...ill say the bulls

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:29 PM
sorry read the title wrong...ill say the bulls

what team do you think will fall out of the playoffs to make room for the bulls?

hockeypro68
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
anoybody think possibly clippers or warriors have a chance in the west? not really my thoughts just wanting to know your thoughts

I think the 6th, 7th and 8th seed in the West are going to be fought out between Phoenix, Dallas, Portland, Denver, and the Clippers. I don't think warriors will be in the playoff picture next season... too much competition.

Jay22Redd
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
West: Portland. Young and on the rise. Greg Oden will be dominant and with the few additions(Rudy Fernandez, Jerryd Bayless, Nicolas Batum) this team could do something in the regular season to get them to the playoffs.

East: Miami. Wade is healthy and could be better than before. Also, with the addition of Beasley and Marion in a contract year.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the 6th, 7th and 8th seed in the West are going to be fought out between Phoenix, Dallas, Portland, Denver, and the Clippers. I don't think warriors will be in the playoff picture next season... too much competition.

i dont think the suns will b fighting for thier spot. mayb they will b number 6 but i think they will be ahead of those teams you mentioned. i dont think they will b fighting with those teams

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:41 PM
West: Portland. Young and on the rise. Greg Oden will be dominant and with the few additions(Rudy Fernandez, Jerryd Bayless, Nicolas Batum) this team could do something in the regular season to get them to the playoffs.

East: Miami. Wade is healthy and could be better than before. Also, with the addition of Beasley and Marion in a contract year.

whos spot will portland and miami take??

MOHA
08-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree with NYKnickFanatic THe Knicks have good players like Crawford, Robinson, Lee, Chandler, Gallinari, Curry, Duhon, Starbury ,and Q-Rich with a Great Coach and Great G.M. once we get good chemistry we will make The Playoffs. GO KNICKS.

daleja424
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Miami will take Atlanta's spot...
Portland will take Denver's spot...

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree with NYKnickFanatic THe Knicks have good players like Crawford, Robinson, Lee, Chandler, Gallinari, Curry, Duhon, Starbury ,and Q-Rich with a Great Coach and Great G.M. once we get good chemistry we will make The Playoffs. GO KNICKS.

you really think the knicks will make it?? whos spot will they take

mitch91
08-12-2008, 04:57 PM

you think atl will fall out even though they pussed the celtics to 7?

daleja424
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
you think atl will fall out even though they pussed the celtics to 7?

yup. the chemistry sucks in ATL and we are talking about a team that won like 37 games last year...when the east was weaker... the heat will be at least .500 so Atl is gone...

greek miami hea
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
east miami
west portland

Sixerlover
08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I think that the playoff picture in the east will be the exact same actually, maybe different spots for different teams, but Boston, Detroit, Philadelphia, Orlando, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta and Cleveland will all be in the 'offs again this year.

In the West I can see SAS, LAL, New Orleans, Utah, Houston, Denver, Dallas, and LAC will be in the playoffs.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 05:04 PM
yup. the chemistry sucks in ATL and we are talking about a team that won like 37 games last year...when the east was weaker... the heat will be at least .500 so Atl is gone...

fair point...but then again the heat's 3 of wade marrion and beasley havnt played together yet. and they done really have a point gaurd and at the moment it seems like they are going to play small ball with haslem at the 5

bogdanrom
08-12-2008, 05:04 PM

I agree. Miami, Atlanta and posibbly Milwaukee and Charlotte. In the end I think the Heat edge out ATL.
Portland is the best young team in the NBA. They will be title contenders in two or three years(maybe sooner).

mitch91
08-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I think that the playoff picture in the east will be the exact same actually, maybe different spots for different teams, but Boston, Detroit, Philadelphia, Orlando, Toronto, Washington, Atlanta and Cleveland will all be in the 'offs again this year.

In the West I can see SAS, LAL, New Orleans, Utah, Houston, Denver, Dallas, and LAC will be in the playoffs.

no suns! and not even a mention of portland. sorry rbo but i think the suns have a better shot the the nuggets. they traded thier best d player in camby for basically a pack of skittles. maybe they might just try and out score people but i think the susn will still b beter than them

daleja424
08-12-2008, 05:08 PM
fair point...but then again the heat's 3 of wade marrion and beasley havnt played together yet. and they done really have a point gaurd and at the moment it seems like they are going to play small ball with haslem at the 5

well wade has played with marion, wright, cook, haslem, zo, and most of the rest of the team. I dont think he rookie will mess with the chemistry. I think the x-factor is a healthy d-wade.

haslem isnt terrible at center b/c he usually guards guys like Ddwight Howard anyways when they play. and at PG we dont need a great playmaker right now. Banks/Chalmers will dribble up and hand off to wade to create and then spot up and wait to shoot a 3 if they get open. I don't see a huge problem right now.

In ATL they dont have a legit C either btw...

mitch91
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
well wade has played with marion, wright, cook, haslem, zo, and most of the rest of the team. I dont think he rookie will mess with the chemistry. I think the x-factor is a healthy d-wade.

haslem isnt terrible at center b/c he usually guards guys like Ddwight Howard anyways when they play. and at PG we dont need a great playmaker right now. Banks/Chalmers will dribble up and hand off to wade to create and then spot up and wait to shoot a 3 if they get open. I don't see a huge problem right now.

In ATL they dont have a legit C either btw...

i never mentioed atl hada legit C. did d-wade play much with "the matrix"?

daleja424
08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
i never mentioed atl hada legit C. did d-wade play much with "the matrix"?

wade and matrix played about...i dunno...10-15 games together... but they said all the right things. Marion wante to break but Wade couldnt do it much back then. Next year is going to be exciting with the fast breaking.

I know you didnt say anything about atl's C I was just comparing the rosters.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 05:21 PM
wade and matrix played about...i dunno...10-15 games together... but they said all the right things. Marion wante to break but Wade couldnt do it much back then. Next year is going to be exciting with the fast breaking.

I know you didnt say anything about atl's C I was just comparing the rosters.

not sure if 10-15 games really counts as being proven. im not saying they wont play well together. they have every chance of making the playoffs im just making a small point

Yogi
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
In the East it's Milwaukee, because they got Richard Jefferson and they should be injury free this year.

Out in the West I think Golden State has a high chance. They came so close last year, and despite losing Dave they're still a good team.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
In the East it's Milwaukee, because they got Richard Jefferson and they should be injury free this year.

Out in the West I think Golden State has a high chance. They came so close last year, and despite losing Dave they're still a good team.

the warriors have a pretty good team but so do portland and i think the clipps have goten better

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-12-2008, 06:06 PM
warriors are huge underdogs and thats how me and the dub nation like it...as a loyal fan of course i want them to go, but i respect what portland and LA Clippers have done and if i were a betting man i would go with one of them.
GSW lacks a superstar, we dont get national attention b/c of it. We haven't had an all-star since, sprewell? Understandable.
The facts are we were the number one team in scoring, 3 of our players were in the top 25-26 in regular season points. We replaced one of those scoring leaders with a better one (B. Diddy for C MaG). Talent wise its a landslide that baron is better, but maggette is more responsible and has a better work ethic than Baron " Party in MY Pants" DAvis. Something that will hopefully shine on the younger players.
Our problem is our defense, way too many points given up and rebounding is horrendous (-3.8545 whatever ratio)... we bring in turiaf and draft hendrix, not superstars but big bodied role players to help us get boards. Brandan Wright will get some time to shine, and I expect him to help our D as well.
I want a huge battle between Portland/LA/GSW for a spot, i think thats how it will pan out

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Miami for sure. They have 2 stars and the #2 pick on that team and Wade is not healthy.

Wade is not healthy?

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
warriors are huge underdogs and thats how me and the dub nation like it...as a loyal fan of course i want them to go, but i respect what portland and LA Clippers have done and if i were a betting man i would go with one of them.
GSW lacks a superstar, we dont get national attention b/c of it. We haven't had an all-star since, sprewell? Understandable.
The facts are we were the number one team in scoring, 3 of our players were in the top 25-26 in regular season points. We replaced one of those scoring leaders with a better one (B. Diddy for C MaG). Talent wise its a landslide that baron is better, but maggette is more responsible and has a better work ethic than Baron " Party in MY Pants" DAvis. Something that will hopefully shine on the younger players.
Our problem is our defense, way too many points given up and rebounding is horrendous (-3.8545 whatever ratio)... we bring in turiaf and draft hendrix, not superstars but big bodied role players to help us get boards. Brandan Wright will get some time to shine, and I expect him to help our D as well.
I want a huge battle between Portland/LA/GSW for a spot, i think thats how it will pan out

nice party in my pants bit haha. has b diddy never had a allstar game?

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Wade is not healthy?

i was thinking the exact same thing lol

zamudio_jorge
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
blazers or warriors taking the nuggets spot

blazers: if roy and aldridge stay healthy and oden put similar stats of horford and webster outlaw and the others repeat the stats of last season they have very good chance.

warriors: they still be a good offensive team but the defense is bad i think blazers are better but they are better than nuggets.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:25 PM
blazers or warriors taking the nuggets spot

blazers: if roy and aldridge stay healthy and oden put similar stats of horford and webster outlaw and the others repeat the stats of last season they have very good chance.

warriors: they still be a good offensive team but the defense is bad i think blazers are better but they are better than nuggets.

cheers for that. what about the east??

Hawkeye15
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
West-Portland in, Denver out. Denver got rid of its two best defenders, and they were already a bad defensive team. A year of maturity, plus Oden, gives the Blazers another 8-9 wins, enough for the playoffs.
East- Hard to argue anyone will fall out, but if anyone does, it will be Atlanta, and Indiana would be in. Their locker room chemistry has improved, and I like the additions of TJ Ford and Brandon Rush. THey are also big with Rasho and Hibbert, even though neither of them is very good.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
West-Portland in, Denver out. Denver got rid of its two best defenders, and they were already a bad defensive team. A year of maturity, plus Oden, gives the Blazers another 8-9 wins, enough for the playoffs.
East- Hard to argue anyone will fall out, but if anyone does, it will be Atlanta, and Indiana would be in. Their locker room chemistry has improved, and I like the additions of TJ Ford and Brandon Rush. THey are also big with Rasho and Hibbert, even though neither of them is very good.

i thought the pacers could have a chance of making it in the east but in this thred nobody seems to give them a chance

Ph1lly Diehard
08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Milwaukee.

One of the most underrated teams in the league in my opinion.

I could see them as the 7th seed.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2008, 06:46 PM
i thought the pacers could have a chance of making it in the east but in this thred nobody seems to give them a chance

Granger is a player, and they have pieces to be alright. By no means would I consider them a contender, but they have the fastest point guard there is, instead of a point guard who commits crimes, and Rush is way underrated. I think Indiana is on the right track. They are doing what Portland did a few years ago, getting rid of problematic players, and bringing in good guys. That is how is starts. I still think the east looks the same, with Philly moving up 2-4 spots, but Indy could sneek in.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Milwaukee.

One of the most underrated teams in the league in my opinion.

I could see them as the 7th seed.

they dont seem to be underrated in this thread. alot of people think they will make the playoffs. i like there starting lineup all 5 can score. bogut charlie v rj redd and mo will

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Granger is a player, and they have pieces to be alright. By no means would I consider them a contender, but they have the fastest point guard there is, instead of a point guard who commits crimes, and Rush is way underrated. I think Indiana is on the right track. They are doing what Portland did a few years ago, getting rid of problematic players, and bringing in good guys. That is how is starts. I still think the east looks the same, with Philly moving up 2-4 spots, but Indy could sneek in.

leave tinsely out of this lol im guesing you are talking about him. they arent contenders thats abvious but yeh they could maybe sneal a spot

Dirty Dirk41
08-12-2008, 06:50 PM
West- Blazers or Clippers

East-Bucks or Knicks(i have a feeling they will be a surprise)

mitch91
08-12-2008, 06:54 PM
West- Blazers or Clippers

East-Bucks or Knicks(i have a feeling they will be a surprise)

another dude thinking the knicks will make it. whos spot will they take?

Hawkeye15
08-12-2008, 07:01 PM
another dude thinking the knicks will make it. whos spot will they take?

I don't think the Knicks win win 30 games, let alone make the playoffs. Their draft pick may end up being a player, but Europeans take a while. What else have they added?? A coach can't go out and play for them.

Brooke
08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Miami-with D-Wade being back and add that to Marion and Beasley they will be a great team

Milwaukee-Getting Richard Jefferson will help them, him and Redd will make a good combination

possibly Chicago

mitch91
08-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't think the Knicks win win 30 games, let alone make the playoffs. Their draft pick may end up being a player, but Europeans take a while. What else have they added?? A coach can't go out and play for them.

fair enough points there. come on knicks fans stand up and be counted for

Rome
08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I think Portland will have a better season then people think, yes they are young, but stacked with potential and skill. Portland in the west.

And with the miami heat selecting beasley I think it will help them a lot. Ill go out on a limb and say the heat. Oh man. Only because of wade and matrix and the rook. If dwade is healthy they could do some damage.

mitch91
08-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Miami-with D-Wade being back and add that to Marion and Beasley they will be a great team

Milwaukee-Getting Richard Jefferson will help them, him and Redd will make a good combination

possibly Chicago

whos spots will they take?

mitch91
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I think Portland will have a better season then people think, yes they are young, but stacked with potential and skill. Portland in the west.

And with the miami heat selecting beasley I think it will help them a lot. Ill go out on a limb and say the heat. Oh man. Only because of wade and matrix and the rook. If dwade is healthy they could do some damage.

i think a playoff spot is good for the blazzers team as they are still very veyr young. what do you expect them to do as many people think they will be going for a playoff spot so do you think they are a lock for a spot?

Hawkeye15
08-12-2008, 07:11 PM
i think a playoff spot is good for the blazzers team as they are still very veyr young. what do you expect them to do as many people think they will be going for a playoff spot so do you think they are a lock for a spot?

There are very few locks, but it would be good for the young Blazers to get a playoff series under their belts. I can't see them going past round 1 this year, but just to play in that atmospere makes players hungry for more. At one time, the Blazers had the record for most years in the playoffs in a row, but they turned into the Jailblazers. They have done a great job of shedding that, and their GM is possibly the best during NBA draft night.

avsman05
08-12-2008, 07:18 PM
West: Blazers- The Nuggets won't make it
East: Heat- They got a lot to prove after last season, but I think they'll put it behind them and make the playoffs again.

why?

#1Mavericksfan
08-12-2008, 07:21 PM
I think the Nets might make the playoffs this coming season

MiamiHeat
08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Wade is not healthy?

i think he meant Wade is healthy,
but yea Miami will have a bounce back year no doubt, i know riley will make some moves in the offseason to make us better maybe get a better C and a good PG

pwest6
08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Pacers in-- Hawks/Wizards out

pwest6
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
i think he meant Wade is healthy,
but yea Miami will have a bounce back year no doubt, i know riley will make some moves in the offseason to make us better maybe get a better C and a good PG

Can you say Jamaal Tinsley??:)

HouRealCoach
08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
All of em except for OKC, Mem, Mia, Ind, and NJ

GCOOKIE7
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
lol this thread was made for those stupid Miami Heat fans

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
lol this thread was made for those stupid Miami Heat fans

hahahhahaha good one Gcookie

pwest6
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Pacers because we traded an injury prone stiff for a starting PG who is great for our offense.:)

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Pacers because we traded an injury prone stiff for a starting PG who is great for our offense.:)

OH!!!!!!!!!!! Cuz Tj is good!?!?!?!?!

Skins4Life
08-13-2008, 08:47 PM

hey einstein, news flash, sixers made the playoffs last year... and u call ur self a philly fan:rolleyes:

Diehardheatfan
08-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Miami for sure

Anthony Flores
08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
I tought it would be Milwakee but they lost Mo Williams in a what I tought was a bad trade so the heat.

_Sn1P3r_
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Miami but I also thought Bucks before.