PDA

View Full Version : Kobe's Jersey The Top Seller In China

phlp_bj
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
For the second consecutive season, Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers had the top selling NBA jersey in China. Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, members of the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics, moved into the top five on this year’s list.

Garnett, who had the most popular jersey in the U.S. this season, moved up to second this year in China. The Houston Rockets’ Tracy McGrady ranked third for the second consecutive season. Pierce, The Finals MVP, whose jersey was not in the top 10 last season moved up to fourth. The Denver Nuggets’ Allen Iverson dropped from second on last year’s list to fifth to round out the top five. China’s Yao Ming from the Houston Rockets, ranked 10th on the list, down from six last year.

real gm.com

lakers4sho
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Not really surprising :shrug:

Brooke
08-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Not surprised at all ;)

RapsFan4Life
08-12-2008, 12:55 PM
in china, i would have thought Yi Jian Lian would be 2nd to Yao

JordansBulls
08-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Cool!!

fairandbalanced
08-12-2008, 01:48 PM
"Kobe" is a Asian name.........they are familiar with the name more than the 'man'.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-12-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah i believe during the china vs usa game, they said that yao ming was #6 in jersey sales. dont quote me, but im pretty sure thats what they said.

bleedprple&gold
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Lebron is not in the top five? Yao Ming 10th? I would say that's surprising...

lakers4sho
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Lebron is not in the top five? Yao Ming 10th? I would say that's surprising...

Nobody outside the United States cares about LeBron...

Lost Art
08-12-2008, 03:26 PM

Lebron, along with Kobe, are the two players on Team USA drawing the most attention in China. I'd say they care.

I am definitely surprised that Yao is #10 :confused: Maybe they already have it???

Brooke
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM

LeBron and Kobe are both very popular over there.

bogdanrom
08-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Haha, Arenas is higher then Lebron, Wade, and Howard:p.
And some thought he wasn't even a top 10 PG.:pity:

_Sn1P3r_
08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Not really surprising :shrug:

Yup. He has so many fans up in Asia.

G-Funk
08-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Well Kobe got the biggest cheers when they where introduced in Beigin, cheers where louder than everyone else including our president.

G-Funk
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
This was the oddity of the night. Behind the Chinese president and the entire national team, the one athlete who appeared to get the loudest ovation was none other than Kobe Bean Bryant. The moment was so odd that even U.S. journalists were looking at each other in puzzlement. The Russian, Chinese and American presidents were here, but Kobe was the head of state tonight.

Lakersdq is right, Kobe is loved everywhere but in the US.

they aren't affected by the gayass media that try to portray Kobe as the bad guy. his game speaks for itself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...yhoo&type=lgns

avsman05
08-13-2008, 12:10 AM
This was the oddity of the night. Behind the Chinese president and the entire national team, the one athlete who appeared to get the loudest ovation was none other than Kobe Bean Bryant. The moment was so odd that even U.S. journalists were looking at each other in puzzlement. The Russian, Chinese and American presidents were here, but Kobe was the head of state tonight.

Lakersdq is right, Kobe is loved everywhere but in the US.

they aren't affected by the gayass media that try to portray Kobe as the bad guy. his game speaks for itself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/new...yhoo&type=lgns

Kobe does that himself, look at other trouble makers Melo, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Rae Carruth. They create problems for themselves and they are magnified 100x but look at players like lebron dwade jeter and farve they are all in good standing no trouble with the law and how are they perceived. You reep what you sew.

cahawk
08-13-2008, 12:15 AM
kobe is a celebrity, he is the NBA's Paris Hilton.

Obviously his jersey sales don't come from his being the best player in Olympics.....37% & 1/15 from 3pt range, while leading team in TO's.

G-Funk
08-13-2008, 12:25 AM
Kobe does that himself, look at other trouble makers Melo, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Rae Carruth. They create problems for themselves and they are magnified 100x but look at players like lebron dwade jeter and farve they are all in good standing no trouble with the law and how are they perceived. You reep what you sew.

So what are you saying that Wade, Jeter and Lebron are perfect?

G-Funk
08-13-2008, 12:27 AM

Obviously his jersey sales don't come from his being the best player in Olympics.....37% & 1/15 from 3pt range, while leading team in TO's.

you forgot about the best defensive player in the team,? why do you just choose to point out the bad side of things? you think that Kobe misses that much cause he's playing vs. the best? **** if Kobe was to become the scorer he would eat everyone up just like Wade and Lebron are doing.

NOW you guys see why we defened kobe like Homers cause of ppl like cahawk.

lalakobe24
08-13-2008, 12:28 AM

did yu just compare that blond booty call with no talent to the greatest athlete right now

bad boyyyy

G-Funk
08-13-2008, 12:32 AM
did yu just compare that blond booty call with no talent to the greatest athlete right now

bad boyyyy

haters this dayz!

avsman05
08-13-2008, 12:40 AM
So what are you saying that Wade, Jeter and Lebron are perfect?

No where'd you get that from? They are not perfect by any stretch no one is. They just know how to keep their noses out of trouble.

BoSelecta!!!
08-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Lebron, along with Kobe, are the two players on Team USA drawing the most attention in China. I'd say they care.

I am definitely surprised that Yao is #10 :confused: Maybe they already have it???

haha thats what yao said