PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On The Packers This Year.....

JohnnyStew28
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
this year i think the packers will be stacked... i think they can keep up with the cowboys. aaron just needs to relax in the pocket dont force throws. our DT's were out last night they will be back for the season opener our WR our great jones jennings driver and i think nelson will get some plays too in there offense jones was beast he's a great WR and to be come one of packers best in my mind... jackson's steped up from last year getting those good cut backs but our defense was pretty good too LB's did very well D-line was so great but im sure will fix that up and our DB's were pretty good too.... i think were do very well with a-rod as our QB....

tell me what u think

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
this year i think the packers will be stacked... i think they can keep up with the cowboys. aaron just needs to relax in the pocket dont force throws. our DT's were out last night they will be back for the season opener our WR our great jones jennings driver and i think nelson will get some plays too in there offense jones was beast he's a great WR and to be come one of packers best in my mind... jackson's steped up from last year getting those good cut backs but our defense was pretty good too LB's did very well D-line was so great but im sure will fix that up and our DB's were pretty good too.... i think were do very well with a-rod as our QB....

tell me what u think

I think you have mastered the run-on sentence.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow that's hard to follow, I'll give it a go. I'm not so concerned with keeping up with the Cowboys because they aren't in our division. As with every season in the NFL it's all about your own division. We must take care of what we can control. I wouldn't say that Jones is our best WR at this point. He's definitely the strongest though. Our 4 and 5 wide sets will be nearly impossible for any team to cover provided we can give Aaron enough time. BJ looked pretty damn good too last night. He's improved his conditioning big time. He looks like an NFL back now and with the two headed monster that will be our running game we should be alright. I'm excited!

Martz
08-12-2008, 12:15 PM
BJ looked pretty damn good last night and also looked pretty damn bad as well. He has to stop hesitating and hit the hole. But he is much improved from last year. Yeah i'm pumped.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 12:23 PM
BJ looked pretty damn good last night and also looked pretty damn bad as well. He has to stop hesitating and hit the hole. But he is much improved from last year. Yeah i'm pumped.

He does have a tendency to stutter a little bit at the line. He has to erase that from his game. The missed assignments are something that cannot be tolerated either. Did you see Aaron throwing him a look after that first sack? His physical make up is much better IMO than last year. I'm cool with him being our second option behind Grant. His two problems should be fixable with experience and reps, well at least the blocking assignments.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
"Anything to help the team win," Jackson said. "If it's being backup, if it's starting, special teams anything they want me do to help the team win, I'm with it."
----------------------------------------------
That's the type of attitude that creates a great football team.:clap:

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
If Grant doesnt turn out to be just a flash in the pan, and BJ continues to run like that, no one can complain about the Packers run game one bit. Grant still scares me a bit though...

OnWisconsin2007
08-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Kinda funny, but Mike Greenberg from Mike&Mike picked the Packers to go 7-9 this year. :pity:

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Kinda funny, but Mike Greenberg from Mike&Mike picked the Packers to go 7-9 this year. :pity:

No way we're going under .500 with a healthy Rodgers and relatively injury free squad.

BrewCityBuck
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Mike Greenberg is an idiot, as is Mike Golic. Neither of them know anything about any of the teams in the NFC North based on the commentary i've from their pretty medicore show.

OnWisconsin2007
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
They never give props to any WI team....kinda annoying but I love their show none the less.

BrewCityBuck
08-12-2008, 04:11 PM
It might be entertaining, but when they start talking football I just have to bite my tongue.

4favre4
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
This is a great team we have a chance to go to the Super Bowl but I wish we had Brett.
I think Aaron with the WRs we have will have a great year.