PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi back to rockets

cbs134679
08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Bonzi Wells is getting nibbles but no real offers; word is he may head back to Houston if things do not improve.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9745

I dont think we need him ... but it would give us a lot of depth at the wing positions for insurance, what do you guys think?

rhino17
08-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Why not? if they have a roster spot, then it wouldnt be a bad iea

C: Yao/Deke/Dorsey
PF: Scola/Landry/Hayes
SF: Artest/Battier/Harris
SG: McGrady/Head/Bonzi
PG: Alston/Francis/Brooks

Dunlap
08-12-2008, 09:34 AM

You forgot about barry

Manos
08-12-2008, 09:47 AM

What about Barry? I'd rather have Bonzi on the team than Head.

JordansBulls
08-12-2008, 09:51 AM

That would be incredible. Have Bonzi and Battier as the first guys off the bench.

bball1217
08-12-2008, 09:57 AM
What about Barry? I'd rather have Bonzi on the team than Head.

Same.

I would do something like this, assuming we can sign Landry and Dikembe:
PG: Alston/Brooks
SG: McGrady/Barry/Bonzi
SF: Artest/Battier
PF: Scola/Landry
C: Yao/Mutumbo/Dorsey
IR1: Francis
IR2: Head
IR3: Hayes

Right now, just get Landry/Mutumbo signed, then maybe offer a contract to Bonzi.

Manos
08-12-2008, 10:06 AM
So would it be:

SG: McGrady/Bonzi/Francis/Head
PG: Alston/Barry/Brooks

That's not a bad second unit. Get some offense from Landry, Barry and Bonzi and some defense from Deke and Battier. I wonder what the median age of that line up is, 34?

But that would leave us with 16 players so Harris would probably be history, which I'm fine with. Either he or Head can go IMO, possibly Francis if he's not able to get healthy.

rhino17
08-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I totally forgot about Barry, damn this team is deep

HouRealCoach
08-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Yao/ Deke/ Dorsey
Scola/ Landry/ Hayes
Artest/ Battier/ Harris
T-Mac/ Bonzi/ Barry
Alston/ Francis/ Brooks

Trade Head for Cash to a team that would need him

But I dont believe this cause once again it says "hoopsworld"

sep11ie
08-12-2008, 11:53 AM
No room fro him. I think he's bitter with H town now anyway.

agobbi17
08-12-2008, 12:03 PM
That would be sweet if we could get him back.

Russjr2
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
To me M Harris is a younger, more hungry version of Bonzi. He also has a much better attitude and is in better shape. I would worry about Bonzi gripping about playing time now that we have more depth at SG and SF with Artest and Barry on the team. If Bonzi showed up with 20 less lbs on his frame I would give him a shot in training camp to make the team and beat out Harris. I hear Harris is at the toyota center everyday working in his game and trying to get better. Got to like that effort from a young guy. He really wants it.

I am not sure why Head is still around now that we have Barry and Artest. I thought for sure he would be dealt (I guess there is still time for that). Morey and Adelman will have some interesting decisions to make after training camp to get us down to 15 players.

yaowowrocket11
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Damn, that bench would be deep. I wouldn't mind having Bonzi return. He is a solid player.

Driven
08-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Getting Bonzi would be big. Our bench isn't very deep, and getting him would be nice. We still need a PG though.

Driven
08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
So would it be:

That's not a bad second unit. Get some offense from Landry, Barry and Bonzi and some defense from Deke and Battier. I wonder what the median age of that line up is, 34?

But that would leave us with 16 players so Harris would probably be history, which I'm fine with. Either he or Head can go IMO, possibly Francis if he's not able to get healthy.
I can't see Barry playing PG. You can slot him in there, but in reality T-Mac would likely handle the ball.

Jay22Redd
08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
So would it be:

McDonald's...Im lovin' It

The83rdWonder
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
If Bonzi came back to Houston it would mainly be a one year/vets min, then he'd either re-sign with Houston the next year, or just leave. Wouldn't really mind having him if we had an extra spot. Bonzi-Artest-Adelman reunite.

Rockets Fanatic
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
sign bonzi then trade Francis, Head and Hayes for Foster and 2nd Round Pick

Driven
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Salaries don't work. Not sure why Indiana would do that anyways.

t-mac1nukka
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
ohhhhhhhh boy here comes more ridiculous trade ideas.

SC1211
08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
To paraphrase some analyst who commented about the Artest: "There's room for one idiot in the locker room, but not two." No thanks, Bonzi.

goku
08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
we dont need him he's incossistant

BenFrank
08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Here's my take

Yao/Deke/Dorsey
Scola/Landrey/Harris
Artest/Battier
T-Mac/Bonzi/
Alston/Barry/Brooks (need's a little more seasoning)

I kno a lot of u guy's like him, but harris is a undersized 4.. I never seen him play 3, We gotta find a way 2 get rid of Hayes, Head, and Francis

And it has been stated that Barry came 2 houston 4 more playin time, and thay brought him in 2 play some point in the 4 quarter's

We would have a lot of talented player's who can play multipal positions

I'd sign him, more options

grega1976
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
To paraphrase some analyst who commented about the Artest: "There's room for one idiot in the locker room, but not two." No thanks, Bonzi.

:clap::clap::clap:

rhino17
08-12-2008, 05:53 PM
that would be a horrible trade

why is everyone wanting Luther Head gone. Yeah, I know he doesnt show up for the playoffs, but he was very important to the team durin the regular season

BRADfromOZ
08-12-2008, 06:05 PM
If only... that would be great if it would happen.

29$JerZ
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Keep Luther, you never know when injuries happen and your in need of scoring. Only guy who needs to go is Francis.

Manos
08-13-2008, 08:11 AM
To paraphrase some analyst who commented about the Artest: "There's room for one idiot in the locker room, but not two."

ha

Wizard of O's
08-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Bonzi Wells is getting nibbles but no real offers; word is he may head back to Houston if things do not improve.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9745

I dont think we need him ... but it would give us a lot of depth at the wing positions for insurance, what do you guys think?

I'd love Bonzi back. Certainly would make our bench that much stronger and then we could dump Luther Head

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Say what you want, and I know you will but Im starting to get a strong feeling about Luther.

Russjr2
08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Say what you want, and I know you will but Im starting to get a strong feeling about Luther.

A strong feeling about what part of his game? I understand he can be a good 3 point shooter, but out side of that I don't see where he contributes much else. He can't handle the ball very well, he can't create his own shot, is not a good defender, is undersized... uhhhh.

Ok, maybe now that we have Artest and Barry (two players that can do some creating) luther can be a true spot up 3 shooter and not have to worry about bringning up the ball. Just find a open spot and shoot. How bout that?

BRADfromOZ
08-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Only guy who needs to go is Francis. Amen to that. Stevie's time at the Rockets is up. Stevie out and Bonzi back.

Jay22Redd
08-13-2008, 06:20 PM
A strong feeling about what part of his game? I understand he can be a good 3 point shooter, but out side of that I don't see where he contributes much else. He can't handle the ball very well, he can't create his own shot, is not a good defender, is undersized... uhhhh.

Ok, maybe now that we have Artest and Barry (two players that can do some creating) luther can be a true spot up 3 shooter and not have to worry about bringning up the ball. Just find a open spot and shoot. How bout that?

This is kinda what I meant.

Rhyming Rebel
08-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Then we should keep him and get rid of Hayes and Harris

Jpripper88
08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
that would be a horrible trade

why is everyone wanting Luther Head gone. Yeah, I know he doesnt show up for the playoffs, but he was very important to the team durin the regular season

A big reason is because we just signed Brent Barry (who everyone keeps forgetting) and he can do what Head does, but better and has more experience.

I would love it if somehow we could trade Francis and Head/Hayes, plus a 2nd rounder for Jeff Foster, but I am not sure why Indiana would do that. However, I think it would make the Rockets a much better team.

t-mac1nukka
08-14-2008, 12:30 PM
after losing jermaine oneal and getting another pg i dont think they are wanting to thin their frontcourt out even more just to add two more pgs/sgs

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-14-2008, 08:04 PM
okay