PDA

View Full Version : Yao Mings needs to learn how to say "no" to China

FOBolous
08-12-2008, 12:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/basketball/news?slug=aw-yaoteamusa081008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

To watch Yao limp and flail and double over to breathe was to understand the reasons with which his sense of obligation brought him back so soon from another broken foot, another surgery. For Yao, this is his lifeís lot. For his own preservation, his own crack at a career undiminished, he needs to tell a most unrelenting Chinese sports machine that its days of running him into the ground are gone.

No more summers with the national team in non-Olympic years, no more of the treatment thatís breaking down his body. The sportís never seen an athlete of his size who is so skilled, so agile. His lower body has crumbled under the burden, with two broken feet, a broken leg and an infected toe. It breaks your heart to watch what has happened to him. As much as anyone, his body needs rest and recovery. The pounding has taken a terrible toll on him.

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
you guys need to get off his d1ck. every week theres a new thread on yao playing for his home country. no one said anything when pau got hurt and missed half a season. i bet you losers wouldnt say anything if lebron hurt is ankle again and is out a few months. leave him the hell alone he already said this is his last olympics just wants to represent his country and you guys ***** like girls. and your from houston fake fan go watch mavs or spurs games.

FOBolous
08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
you guys need to get off his d1ck. every week theres a new thread on yao playing for his home country. no one said anything when pau got hurt and missed half a season. i bet you losers wouldnt say anything if lebron hurt is ankle again and is out a few months. leave him the hell alone he already said this is his last olympics just wants to represent his country and you guys ***** like girls. and your from houston fake fan go watch mavs or spurs games.

dude you need to chill the f out. i need to get off his d1ck? wtf are you talking about? this is the first yao thread i made in i don't know how long. i think YOU need to get off Steve Francis's d1ck, accept the fact that he sucks now, and make a new user name.

and probably no1 makes a big deal out of Pau missing half a season or Lebron if Lebron gets injured because none of those players play nearly as much as Yao and has nearly as much commitment as Yao. Correct me if i'm wrong but Yao hasn't had a summer off since in join the NBA? and if you think Yao playing so much isn't that big a deal...care to explain to me how he got his stress fracture?

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 01:09 AM
im sayin its his freakin home country let him play if it was somewhere else he wouldn't be playing.

Chaudhry
08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
he's a grown man... if he feels he wants to play for his country i think thats completely fine... if someones willing to come up with a conspiracy theory that the chinese are forcing him thats a different issue... if he's willing to sacrifice his body for his country (thats sounds a little dramatic) thats fine...

BoSelecta!!!
08-12-2008, 03:35 AM
yea he already said this is his last olympics.

and hey he doesnt need to learn how to say no

Jay22Redd
08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
come on...come on!!! i did that for no reason.

^^he did say that this is his last olympics

jetsfan28
08-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Simply put, it's a different culture. I wouldn't be surprised if, if a prominent US player goes to China, they have articles about how crazy it is that that prominent player ISN'T helpin the US national team.

JordansBulls
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Him playing in these games is why he at times gets injured in the year. I don't think his body can deal with both at the same time.

t-mac1nukka
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM

hahahahaha! say what? your response didnt even go along with the topic.

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
the gold medal and representing your country means a lot to these players. kobe even said a gold medal is more important than an nba championship. how come nobodys questioning him oh yea he's not a foreigner.

Driven
08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I'd have a problem with Yao if he DID say no to competing in the Olympics.

BenFrank
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
It's good 2 hear this is his last Olympics,.. he is fragile.. I respect him for playing for his country.. but it would be nice to have a fresh/healty yao

brandt
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
the gold medal and representing your country means a lot to these players. kobe even said a gold medal is more important than an nba championship. how come nobodys questioning him oh yea he's not a foreigner.

What you obviously don't understand is that he still goes to China every year to play for their team, Olympics or not. That means he basically plays all year round. That would ware anybody out, especially a 7"6' guy.

t-mac1nukka
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM

youre clueless huh?!?! the reason nobody is scruitinizing kobe is because for 1) hes not a rocket, and 2) kobe isnt missing half a season every year due to breaking down.