PDA

View Full Version : Brohm

4favre4
08-11-2008, 11:43 PM
He looked horrible in the game.
I was saying we didn't need a vet QB but I may be wrong.
:(

packerfan4life
08-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Brian Brohm was Brian Bad (Matt Flynn looked better)

Rtardz
08-12-2008, 12:31 AM
yea he didn`t get off on the right foot tonight, he is a rookie in his first game though so give him some time.

newdude
08-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Give him a break, it's the preseason and it was his first NFL game.

mr. burns
08-12-2008, 12:44 AM

yeah but he looked REALLY bad. I know you are right not to put too much stock in one preseason game, but he sure didn't look encouraging.

salsa
08-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Brian Brohm was Brian Bad (Matt Flynn looked better)
flynn did look better i agree

newdude
08-12-2008, 12:59 AM
yeah but he looked REALLY bad. I know you are right not to put too much stock in one preseason game, but he sure didn't look encouraging.

Maybe it's just me, but he looked a little jumpy and not as composed as he should've been. I think this game woke him up a bit.

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Everyone looks like that the first preseason game of their rookie year. But still...it doesnt look good if Rodgers goes down. Theres no way management can leave the team with two rookie backup quarterbacks and an unproven (but lookin good) quarterback. They gotta find a veteran out there somewhere...

mr. burns
08-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Everyone looks like that the first preseason game of their rookie year. But still...it doesnt look good if Rodgers goes down. Theres no way management can leave the team with two rookie backup quarterbacks and an unproven (but lookin good) quarterback. They gotta find a veteran out there somewhere...

I don't think they'll get a veteran journeyman. I think TT is too affraid that rodgers might struggle more than expected and he doesn't want any thought of rodgers being yanked for a proven mediocre player.

XJW18
08-12-2008, 02:14 AM
i was never really excited about him..

hughest4
08-12-2008, 03:29 AM
I wouldnt really be to worried about Brian Brohm and i think he will play much better in the next preseason game. It was his first game in this league and sometimes it takes a little while to adjust. Don't even great QB's have bad games and look terrible at times. Before you jump the gun on him i would give him a chance

adrianmjz
08-12-2008, 07:04 AM
He did played really bad, i do agree with its just his 1st game in the NFL, but Flynn played mediocre, and Matt Ryan, Colt Brennan,and the Jets QB Ratcliff played well, so this is kind of a concern, heading into the season with no experience, i wish we could get Chris Simms if he was cut.

Link12281
08-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Better get on the phone with Culpepper. We need someone with experience if Rodgers gets hurt.

Markg
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I am very low on Brohm.
Yes he came out of college with fantastic stats, but he played in a very pass happy offense.
You could have put any Div 1 level college QB in that spot and have similar successs.

WSUJJ
08-12-2008, 10:33 AM
P.r.e.s.e.a.s.o.n

Martz
08-12-2008, 12:16 PM
As far as i'm concerned...he has one game to show he has improved. If he hasn't we got to get a veteran backup. I love A-Rod but until he's healthy a whole year we need someone proven behind him.

Jambox5000
08-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Better get on the phone with Culpepper. We need someone with experience if Rodgers gets hurt.

Let's stop talking about Culpepper...he's not signed anywhere for a reason.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Let's stop talking about Culpepper...he's not signed anywhere for a reason.

It's not because he sucks. He wants the opportunity to start and it ain't happening. I think he's waiting to see if someone goes down with an injury. It could bite him in the butt and he may be watching football from a lazy boy instead of the sidelines.

BrewCityBuck
08-12-2008, 03:05 PM

My sentiments exactly.

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
My sentiments exactly.

OMG, OMG, OMG, Brew and I agree on something:speechless:

PackAttack09
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
another bust.... good job TT you suck!

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 04:13 PM

give it a rest :horse:

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Are you serious with this comment? Brohm is in his FIRST PRE SEASON game and he doesn’t play so good. Yeah your right, he's a bust.:rolleyes: His INT was not his fault alone as the receiver he was attempting to connect with on a timing route ran the wrong route. Give it some time.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't think the big issue is whether Brohm played poorly or played amazingly. He doesn't have the experience, knowledge and/or natural ability to step in and run our team successfully. We are taking way to big of a gamble if we don't bring in someone who can step in and run the team if Rodgers gets hurt. C'mon TT, you're smarter than that, go out and get someone with some experience. And for the love of God, please not the captain of the Love Boat!

P.S. Not saying he doesn't have natural ability, just saying that he isn't the type of quarterback that can just step in his rookie year and lead us to the playoffs.

Cubs&fins
08-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Miami may cut Josh McClown.

4favre4
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
TT does pretty much suck.

wissportsfan
08-13-2008, 04:13 AM
Yeah he didn't look to good in the game. I think he'll get better though. Most QB's don't look very good at all their rookie season. I did think that Flynn looked better than Brohm though.

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Tight end Tory Humphrey admitted that his mental mistake contributed to Brohm's second-quarter interception. Instead of running his route, Humphrey stayed in to block.
"I need to get off and get the safety out of there," Humphrey said. "I wasn't in the right place, let's leave it at that. I'll take the blame for that one."
js online
---------------------------------------------------
LOL I thought he originally ran the wrong route. Turns out he didn't run one at all.:p

ugottabjoshinme
08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Tight end Tory Humphrey admitted that his mental mistake contributed to Brohm's second-quarter interception. Instead of running his route, Humphrey stayed in to block.
"I need to get off and get the safety out of there," Humphrey said. "I wasn't in the right place, let's leave it at that. I'll take the blame for that one."
js online
---------------------------------------------------
LOL I thought he originally ran the wrong route. Turns out he didn't run one at all.:p

That's interesting.
Im not too worried about Brohm at this point....Im just glad Aaron didnt start out like he did. That would have been the worst thing ever.

Martz
08-13-2008, 06:00 PM

:mad:

You really miss your mother's tit that much that you gotta cry out for attention like this? give the freakin kid a chance. Unbelievable.

Packerbacker
08-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Flynn was also playing against Cincy 3rd stringers as apposed to Brohm playing against 2nd stringers.

Newest Badger
08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Flynn was also playing against Cincy 3rd stringers as apposed to Brohm playing against 2nd stringers.

That is the exact reason why preseason games mean absolutely nothing. Even to the coaches...Im pretty sure they already know about 50 of the 53 players they're gonna keep on this roster. Shorten the preseason to 2 games. Please.