PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

4favre4
08-11-2008, 11:36 PM
He played really well.
Im so excited for the season to start. He looks like he will be a really good QB.
I like him more and more each time I see him.:dance:

socalpkrbkr
08-11-2008, 11:54 PM

That means good things to come for our football team.

4favre4
08-12-2008, 12:04 AM
That means good things to come for our football team.

Amen.
I can't wait for more man.

packerfan4life
08-12-2008, 12:25 AM
I was very pleased with his performance. That interception was not his fault either, francies bobbled it, as well as that dropped pass by driver at the start. He didn't even have Jennings or Grant either (or scott wells for that matter) :)

PackAttack09
08-12-2008, 12:25 AM
aaron rodgers is a bust, you suck TT! lol

Rtardz
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
I was very happy with A-rod, real happy with Driver as usual, and very happy with first team defense.

newdude
08-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Screw Rodgers, I want to see more of Jones and DD, they were beasts out there :whistle:

:D , j/k, he looked solid tonight but that INT is his fault, imo. It was too high and the defender was too close. But all in all, it was a good showing.

mr. burns
08-12-2008, 12:42 AM
rogers did pretty good, I wouldn't get really excited about his play though. Yeah the interception shouldn't have been an interception, but that is going to happen from time to time when the receiver gets hit at the exact second the ball gets there. the touchdown shouldn't have been a touchdown either so I think they kind of balance each other out.
yes we didn't jennings or grant but let's face it the bengals weren't playing all of their starters either, and theire defense sucks even when all the starters play. all in all i give rodgers a B+. I'm glad we got through this game and he looked good. Now maybe rodgers will feel a little less pressure (at least until week one).

gbpack415
08-12-2008, 12:43 AM
It looks like James Jones might have a greg jennings type of 2nd year. He looked great as well as A-rod. Can't for when it counts fellas!

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
If you watched the press conference afterwards, A-Rod actually looked intelligent up there! As opposed to Favre's horrid interviews...I'm starting to really like this Rodgers guy.

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:19 AM
IMO, I think were going to be just fine with A-Rod in there for the rest of the year. Last year, we threw a lot of 5 yard slant passes. It appears A-Rod can accomplish that. I think Yao Ming could get in there in accomplish that. Im excited.

mr. burns
08-12-2008, 01:21 AM
If you watched the press conference afterwards, A-Rod actually looked intelligent up there! As opposed to Favre's horrid interviews...I'm starting to really like this Rodgers guy.

I liked favres "horrid" interviews. there was something refreshing about them.

newdude
08-12-2008, 01:29 AM

:cricket:

Lol, wut? They weren't horrid, they were funny and not boring.;)

IMO, I think were going to be just fine with A-Rod in there for the rest of the year. Last year, we threw a lot of 5 yard slant passes. It appears A-Rod can accomplish that. I think Yao Ming could get in there in accomplish that. Im excited.

It's not as easy as it looks. There are many things that have to click in order for a slant to work perfectly.

StickyGreenFan
08-12-2008, 01:56 AM
im glad everyones coming around. how bout jordy nelson, is it me or did he look really good 2??

XJW18
08-12-2008, 02:18 AM
ya he was good!!
i read a couple things tht talked about his arm strength and im pleased with the way he was throwin it!!

XJW18
08-12-2008, 02:19 AM
im glad everyones coming around. how bout jordy nelson, is it me or did he look really good 2??

ya he looked good!
i didnt think he was soo big.
but he is 6'3

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 08:15 AM
aaron rodgers is a bust, you suck TT! lol

Yep, Rodgers was Hall of Fame last night against a GREAT Bengals defense. First preseason games mean EVERYTHING in this league.

It was just a matter of time before the VP of the Tedheads threw his sarcasm on the pile.

Rodgers was very, VERY good last night. His arm looked terrific and his stats could have been gaudy if not for the pick and a couple drops. I was particularly glad that the fans gave him the standing "O" at the beginning. He seemed very poised in arguably the toughest spot any QB has faced in a preseason game. Classy kid. :clap:

Markg
08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Overall, I give Rodgers a B+.
He played very well.

Three things I am taking away from the game:
1: Threw his slants almost perfectly. High and wide is always where you want to place a slant, and he hit that mark every time.
2: That whiffed deep ball that would have been a TD was AWFUL. In that moment it was very clear that Rodgers does not have the arm strength to make some deep laser throws.
3: He can take a few lumps. Did you all hold your breath while that blind side bandit was about to crush Rodgers like I did? He stood tall in the pocket, a sign that he is not afraid to, and can take, a few good hits.

nachopudding
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
He played very well.

1: Threw his slants almost perfectly. High and wide is always where you want to place a slant, and he hit that mark every time.
2: That whiffed deep ball that would have been a TD was AWFUL. In that moment it was very clear that Rodgers does not have the arm strength to make some deep laser throws.
3: He can take a few lumps. Did you all hold your breath while that blind side bandit was about to crush Rodgers like I did? He stood tall in the pocket, a sign that he is not afraid to, and can take, a few good hits.

Awful deep ball? I thought Jones actually looked like he lost it in he air for a second, which is why it went of his fingers. Looked lke he hesitated for a split second. Also how do you call a deep ball going off the reciever's fingers awful? That was friggin close. You must hve been confusing Brohm with Rodgers if you are saying he doesn't have a deep laser.

Grigbay Packer
08-12-2008, 10:34 AM
It seemed that he was lacking the "eyes on the back of his head" that Favre has, however, those are things that develop over time.

I watched the game last night and wasn't expecting much but I felt he did a good job as a whole.

Jones was a mad man with the "Lambeau Leap" (minus a helmet) :-)

Plus did you see Driver put the Bengal defender on his *****... Pretty cool

Markg
08-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Awful deep ball? I thought Jones actually looked like he lost it in he air for a second, which is why it went of his fingers. Looked lke he hesitated for a split second. Also how do you call a deep ball going off the reciever's fingers awful? That was friggin close. You must hve been confusing Brohm with Rodgers if you are saying he doesn't have a deep laser.

Yes it should have been caught. But he was WIDE open. It was not the throw he intended to make and really whiffed it.
It still should have been a TD, but the throw was weak and misplaced.
Maybe it wasnt really how I saw it.
But for those who saw that play..did you not think that when he let go of the ball it looked like the weakest 30+yrd pass thrown by a Packer starter in 15 years?
Thought that went through my head.."OMG hes no Favre"
I know thats not saying much..but I was scared

smellsam44
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes it should have been caught. But he was WIDE open. It was not the throw he intended to make and really whiffed it.
It still should have been a TD, but the throw was weak and misplaced.
Maybe it wasnt really how I saw it.
But for those who saw that play..did you not think that when he let go of the ball it looked like the weakest 30+yrd pass thrown by a Packer starter in 15 years?
Thought that went through my head.."OMG hes no Favre"
I know thats not saying much..but I was scared

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

he threw a good pass, the wideout not only stuttered for a second, but also looked pretty slow. I blame the receiver on that one.

Bauermundo
08-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Aaron Rodgers' 12 means at least 3 times more titles than number 4.

(Please don't let me be wrong)

PackAttack09
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Yep, Rodgers was Hall of Fame last night against a GREAT Bengals defense. First preseason games mean EVERYTHING in this league.

It was just a matter of time before the VP of the Tedheads threw his sarcasm on the pile.

Rodgers was very, VERY good last night. His arm looked terrific and his stats could have been gaudy if not for the pick and a couple drops. I was particularly glad that the fans gave him the standing "O" at the beginning. He seemed very poised in arguably the toughest spot any QB has faced in a preseason game. Classy kid. :clap:

you see saying he is a hall of fame qb is over the line i never said that, also saying he was a bust before getting a chance to play is over the line too. which is why people who say he was a bust are starting to realize how much they really know about football. am i saying i knew he was going to be good? no i am merely hinting at the fact that its ******** to think a qb has reached his potential after 2 seasons (behind someone who was playing at a probowl level) which is what some people have done, still are doing, and will continue to do. and its my job as packattack to fight off these boneheads with sarcastic remarks echoing the very thing they used to say so they realize they were talking out of their butts.

p.s. same thing goes for brandon jackson people called him a bust all last year too... stupid

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Calling anyone a bust before they're given ample opportunity is laughable.

Martz
08-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I think what ultimately this game did was put a lot of Packer fans at ease. Rodger's was solid...not great. But he doesn't need to be great for this team to be good. I've been preaching that since I started posting. All he needs to do is manage the game.

Not to take anything away from the performance...but Cincy's D is aweful, they're installing a new scheme, and you don't gameplan for preseason games. That's why i give A-Rod a Solid.

I was most impressed with his ability to stay in the pocket and get the ball off an take a hit. It's an art for a QB to stay in there till the very last moment...get an accurate throw off and then take the hit. His velocity was tremendous. Better then what I thought he could do. His pocket presence could be a little better but that will improve with experience.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 12:03 PM
you see saying he is a hall of fame qb is over the line i never said that, also saying he was a bust before getting a chance to play is over the line too. which is why people who say he was a bust are starting to realize how much they really know about football. am i saying i knew he was going to be good? no i am merely hinting at the fact that its ******** to think a qb has reached his potential after 2 seasons (behind someone who was playing at a probowl level) which is what some people have done, still are doing, and will continue to do. and its my job as packattack to fight off these boneheads with sarcastic remarks echoing the very thing they used to say so they realize they were talking out of their butts.

p.s. same thing goes for brandon jackson people called him a bust all last year too... stupid

I do enjoy your sarcasm. Jackson had a couple nice runs that get negated when he can't pick up the blitz. I was one that did call Jackson a stiff and that was because he was supposed to be The Man a year ago. So we grab a kid off the street who becomes said Man. I just don't think Jackson has the true burst to become more than a backup. Perhaps it's more hesitancy than lack of burst. He needs to block people or he'll find himself sinking on the depth chart. Nice backup, not a starter in this league.

Martz
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
He played very well.

Ok with your first statement it sounded like you might be a decent QB mind. But with your second statement it's clear to me that your an idiot. Not only does your grammar blow, but your observation for number 2 is way off. Obviously anytime a QB and a WR don't connect on a wide open deep round it is aweful...but that's where it ends with your statement. Rodgers doesn't have the arm strengh (asinine statement) and what the hell is a deep lazer throw?

Look let me help you, from a real QB mind to a wannabe. For level 3 passes (deep balls, usually 40+ yards) it is an absolute MUST you put some air underneath the ball. The best situation is to get it way out in front of the reciever, on his outside shoulder, and he runs underneath to make a play. James look like he lost the ball, and Rodgers was more so throwing it to a spot then to a reciever. That's what we call a timing route. Happens ALL the time. The fact that you say he doesn't have the arm strength is asinine because he OVER SHOT HIS TARGET and was throwing "lazer's" on the level 1 type passes. (Level 1 type pass is usually up to 15 yards downfield, and should always be a bullet.) Are we learning yet?

Martz
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM
I do enjoy your sarcasm. Jackson had a couple nice runs that get negated when he can't pick up the blitz. I was one that did call Jackson a stiff and that was because he was supposed to be The Man a year ago. So we grab a kid off the street who becomes said Man. I just don't think Jackson has the true burst to become more than a backup. Perhaps it's more hesitancy than lack of burst. He needs to block people or he'll find himself sinking on the depth chart. Nice backup, not a starter in this league.

I see what your talking about with him hesitating. Just put the pads down and run! I get frustrated cause i think the kids got all the tools to be a very solid RB in the NFL for years....but he has to get over that problem. Grant never hesitates...even if he hits the wrong whole. There is a lot to be said for someone that runs like a bull. Plus your more likely to push the pile the way your going if you run into a wall.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I see what your talking about with him hesitating. Just put the pads down and run! I get frustrated cause i think the kids got all the tools to be a very solid RB in the NFL for years....but he has to get over that problem. Grant never hesitates...even if he hits the wrong whole. There is a lot to be said for someone that runs like a bull. Plus your more likely to push the pile the way your going if you run into a wall.

That's what I loved/love about Michael Turner. I just don't see Jackson as being a power guy that hits the hole hard. Serviceable yes. Starter material? Far from it should Grant go down. I'm liking Wynn too. I'd like to see him get more work. With Jackson, we know what we have.

Markg
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Ok with your first statement it sounded like you might be a decent QB mind. But with your second statement it's clear to me that your an idiot. Not only does your grammar blow, but your observation for number 2 is way off. Obviously anytime a QB and a WR don't connect on a wide open deep round it is aweful...but that's where it ends with your statement. Rodgers doesn't have the arm strengh (asinine statement) and what the hell is a deep lazer throw?

Look let me help you, from a real QB mind to a wannabe. For level 3 passes (deep balls, usually 40+ yards) it is an absolute MUST you put some air underneath the ball. The best situation is to get it way out in front of the reciever, on his outside shoulder, and he runs underneath to make a play. James look like he lost the ball, and Rodgers was more so throwing it to a spot then to a reciever. That's what we call a timing route. Happens ALL the time. The fact that you say he doesn't have the arm strength is asinine because he OVER SHOT HIS TARGET and was throwing "lazer's" on the level 1 type passes. (Level 1 type pass is usually up to 15 yards downfield, and should always be a bullet.) Are we learning yet?

First of all, I dont worry about my grammer on a forum. I am a PR professional, so I consider myself something of a professional writer. I dont need to be told by you that my grammer is bad.
When I say "laser" (and it is spelled laser for one who is so concerned about grammer) throw I'm thinking more of a frozen rope throw, instead of a lobbed bomb. You can throw the ball 50+ yards and still not have good arm strength.
If you watched the play, the receiver broke away from the corner and had a clear shot to the endzone. Rodgers could have put the ball ANYWHERE, but where he threw it was obviously a mistake. It had nothing to do with a timing route as I saw it, because the minute he broke away from the corner there was no route to be ran. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that the receiver wanted to run straight to the endzone, but had to move to the left because of where the ball was thrown.
I agree he can throw a laser at level 1, but I don't think he can at the level 3. Yes you must put air under the ball, but it should also have some zip unless you are just throwing a lob to the endzone. That pass had zip zip (pun intended lol)
Moreover, I was mainly saying that my instintive thought when he released the ball is that it looked like a lame duck, something Packers fans haven't seen alot of since Favre.

I'm sorry. I must not have realized that you are such a profound QB mind, and that number of posts clearly indicates how sophistacted a football analyst you are.

And speaking of grammer, you have some pretty "aweful" blunders in there buddy, so don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. If ideas are unclear it is one thing, but skipping on some of the perfunctory parts of grammer is one reason it is enjoyable to write in a forum. And unless you want to write like a PHD..then don't critique others.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Not sure how anyone says that pick was Aaron's fault.:confused: Check the video that ball was money.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

Markg
08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Not sure how anyone says that pick was Aaron's fault.:confused: Check the video that ball was money.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/greenbaypackers/profile?team=GB

For those of you playing at home - If Rodgers did not throw that pic his stats would read something like:

ATT COM YRDS TD INT
15 10 130 1 0

RATING: 116
(I gave him +13 yards if that intercepted pass had been completed..seems about right from memory but I don't have my DVR here at work :P)

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:02 PM
For those of you playing at home - If Rodgers did not throw that pic his stats would read something like:

ATT COM YRDS TD INT
15 10 130 1 0

RATING: 116
(I gave him +13 yards if that intercepted pass had been completed..seems about right from memory but I don't have my DVR here at work :P)

and if he didn't have two dropped first downs he could have been 12/15 with who knows how many more yards and TDs. :rolleyes: LOL

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
First of all, I dont worry about my grammer on a forum. I am a PR professional, so I consider myself something of a professional writer. I dont need to be told by you that my grammer is bad.
When I say "laser" (and it is spelled laser for one who is so concerned about grammer) throw I'm thinking more of a frozen rope throw, instead of a lobbed bomb. You can throw the ball 50+ yards and still not have good arm strength.
If you watched the play, the receiver broke away from the corner and had a clear shot to the endzone. Rodgers could have put the ball ANYWHERE, but where he threw it was obviously a mistake. It had nothing to do with a timing route as I saw it, because the minute he broke away from the corner there was no route to be ran. I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that the receiver wanted to run straight to the endzone, but had to move to the left because of where the ball was thrown.
I agree he can throw a laser at level 1, but I don't think he can at the level 3. Yes you must put air under the ball, but it should also have some zip unless you are just throwing a lob to the endzone. That pass had zip zip (pun intended lol)
Moreover, I was mainly saying that my instintive thought when he released the ball is that it looked like a lame duck, something Packers fans haven't seen alot of since Favre.

I'm sorry. I must not have realized that you are such a profound QB mind, and that number of posts clearly indicates how sophistacted a football analyst you are.

And speaking of grammer, you have some pretty "aweful" blunders in there buddy, so don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house. If ideas are unclear it is one thing, but skipping on some of the perfunctory parts of grammer is one reason it is enjoyable to write in a forum. And unless you want to write like a PHD..then don't critique others.

Perfunctory - quite impressive there PR Boy.

Martz
08-12-2008, 01:17 PM

LOL very well said sir. I blame growing up in Milwaukee my whole life listening to LAZER103 for that blunder...and the rest on my military background for not being able to spell. :cheers: markg. And besides..quit being so sensitive. You got some balls right?

However i still think your off on what your saying. When I say level 1 i'm saying that's the type of pass you throw. Frozen Rope. That should only happen no more then 15 yards downfield. You don't try to throw a Level 1 type pass 50 yards downfield. You'll throw your arm out. Frozen ropes are balls that never get higher then the release point and go "down hill" until it reaches the reciever. Level 2 is the intermediate type passes. That's when you got some zip on the ball but you try to throw it over the linebackers but underneath the safteies. I think that's the type of pass your saying Rodgers needs to throw better. I didn't really see a chance for him to throw one 50 yards down field on a frozen rope. The closest one was 20 yards downfield then DD dropped. That was quite a shot he threw there so i'm not sure where you got your analysis from. Level 3 type passes are the bombs. That play clearly called for it.

And your right. But that type of fade route down the seam the reciever is supposed to break off his man to the outside. Anything can happen...reciever gets off balance or tries to fake a man too far inside and ends up having to far to go to the outside. That's why...especially on long routes like that...you throw to a spot cause it's the reciever's job to create seperation. The ball was in the air already when he broke off his man. And as far as lame ducks are concerned....favre throw plenty. (Philly in 03 anyone?)

And i don't credit my "number of posts" to my QB knowledge. I more so credit my playing years (man i feel like al bundy for saying that) and coaching years for it.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Screw Rodgers, I want to see more of Jones and DD, they were beasts out there :whistle:

:D , j/k, he looked solid tonight but that INT is his fault, imo. It was too high and the defender was too close. But all in all, it was a good showing.

When will you get it? Honestly? What will it take? (I seriously want an answer to that.)

And P.S. it was the receivers fault. I don't know if you've ever played football before, other than on your PS3, but you catch the ball with your HANDS and bring it into your BODY. Check the vid, the ball was on the numbers and Francies let the ball get into his body first. He couldn't handle the heat.

It's time to swallow your pride newdude, admit you're wrong about Rodgers and support the the "new dude" in GB. You know he's the $h!t

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
He was kidding, I think he's on board with Rodgers.

Newest Badger
Its nice to see everyone on the A-Rod bandwagon. After 1 preseason game. But you gotta love the guy. Just wait till people start joining the T.T. bandwagon again like last year ;)

Martz
When will you get it? Honestly? What will it take? (I seriously want an answer to that.)

And P.S. it was the receivers fault. I don't know if you've ever played football before, other than on your PS3, but you catch the ball with your HANDS and bring it into your BODY. Check the vid, the ball was on the numbers and Francies let the ball get into his body first. He couldn't handle the heat.

It's time to swallow your pride newdude, admit you're wrong about Rodgers and support the the "new dude" in GB. You know he's the $h!t

got a lil pent up aggression have we? maybe just got the hots for newdude....

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Its nice to see everyone on the A-Rod bandwagon. After 1 preseason game. But you gotta love the guy. Just wait till people start joining the T.T. bandwagon again like last year ;)

You'll never hear that from me.

Martz
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM

Never gonna happen. The day i see hawkeye go, "Maybe TT was on to something with getting us a perenial contender and building thru the draft..." will be the day i ******* gold bricks.

....and i'll be willing to share in the spoils of my new fecal powers.

Markg
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
LOL very well said sir. I blame growing up in Milwaukee my whole life listening to LAZER103 for that blunder...and the rest on my military background for not being able to spell. :cheers: markg. And besides..quit being so sensitive. You got some balls right?

However i still think your off on what your saying. When I say level 1 i'm saying that's the type of pass you throw. Frozen Rope. That should only happen no more then 15 yards downfield. You don't try to throw a Level 1 type pass 50 yards downfield. You'll throw your arm out. Frozen ropes are balls that never get higher then the release point and go "down hill" until it reaches the reciever. Level 2 is the intermediate type passes. That's when you got some zip on the ball but you try to throw it over the linebackers but underneath the safteies. I think that's the type of pass your saying Rodgers needs to throw better. I didn't really see a chance for him to throw one 50 yards down field on a frozen rope. The closest one was 20 yards downfield then DD dropped. That was quite a shot he threw there so i'm not sure where you got your analysis from. Level 3 type passes are the bombs. That play clearly called for it.

And your right. But that type of fade route down the seam the reciever is supposed to break off his man to the outside. Anything can happen...reciever gets off balance or tries to fake a man too far inside and ends up having to far to go to the outside. That's why...especially on long routes like that...you throw to a spot cause it's the reciever's job to create seperation. The ball was in the air already when he broke off his man. And as far as lame ducks are concerned....favre throw plenty. (Philly in 03 anyone?)

And i don't credit my "number of posts" to my QB knowledge. I more so credit my playing years (man i feel like al bundy for saying that) and coaching years for it.

LOL sorry it was a little overly defensive. I agree, Farve has thrown his share of lame ducks...why did you have to remind me of Philly in 03...4th and 25 anyone??
After watching it on youtube..you are right. It was a fade route..I thought he broke that way because the ball was thrown so far to the left. Still though, I say that pass needed alot more zip on it. He did have some good looking rope passes, especially the one to DD, but that was across the center of the field..much easier to throw a rope across the middle than it is off to the side. (I would imagine) But lets not spend the whole season debating one pass...we all agree he played very well.

And dont feel too bad about "lazer" I had to spell check it because I didn't believe it was spelled with an "s".
I applaud you for your military service..I only wish my poor spelling had a more honorable source. :)

And on a more personal note - Yes, I have balls.

Newest Badger
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM
You'll never hear that from me.

lol not many would say it...

Martz
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
LOL sorry it was a little overly defensive. I agree, Farve has thrown his share of lame ducks...why did you have to remind me of Philly in 03...4th and 25 anyone??
After watching it on youtube..you are right. It was a fade route..I thought he broke that way because the ball was thrown so far to the left. Still though, I say that pass needed alot more zip on it. He did have some good looking rope passes, especially the one to DD, but that was across the center of the field..much easier to throw a rope across the middle than it is off to the side. (I would imagine) But lets not spend the whole season debating one pass...we all agree he played very well.

And dont feel too bad about "lazer" I had to spell check it because I didn't believe it was spelled with an "s".
I applaud you for your military service..I only wish my poor spelling had a more honorable source. :)

And on a more personal note - Yes, I have balls.

Best....line.....ever.

newdude
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM

First of all, I was impressed with Rodgers and thought it was a solid showing. And how uptight can u be to get pissed off at a small joke (really just a jab) in a sports FORUM!!!!

Yes, I have played organized football:eyebrow:. And like I said, it was just my OPINION. I thought he didn't need to throw it that high when the LB wasn't directly under it, and it was slightly behind Francis where the DB was in position to alter his arm. Again, MY OPINION on the pass.

Swallow my pride? WTF r u talking about? Yes, I support Favre, the QB that played here for 16 seasons, but I don't recollect any posts of mine that discards or diss Rodgers intentionally. Ur mistaken me with someone else, so back off and don't accuse me of things I didn't post.

:crazy:

Lol, do I have a target on my back?

Markg
08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Never gonna happen. The day i see hawkeye go, "Maybe TT was on to something with getting us a perenial contender and building thru the draft..." will be the day i ******* gold bricks.

....and i'll be willing to share in the spoils of my new fecal powers.

After this year, TT will probably be considered the best GM in the league.
He has done a FANTASTIC job by all accounts. The Favre situation was terrible, but from a purley win-loss standpoint I think most people agree he did the right thing.
I have a feeling that last season there were several times when both MM and TT wished that Rodgers was the starter. I know many of you will say we never would have had a chance at the NFC Championship, but supposing we had Rodgers in OT during that game, he would have never thrown that lobbed up pass that was picked and ended the game. (which Favre has thrown in more playoff game 4th qs and OTs than I'd like to admit)

Moreover, the 07 season was the first season that saw Favre play offense in that way. They completly revolutionized he had been playing, and was largley the reason he had a 95 qb rating.
I think Rodgers, or any decent NFL QB for that matter, could have preformed similarily is such an effecient passing offense that MM runs.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think Rodgers could have done as good as Favre last year, and possibly could have led us to a SuperBowl.
I love Farve for the spirit and demigod-like-way he emodied football and Green Bay. But since 02 when we lost to the Falcons in wild card at home, I stopped loving him for being a good Quarterback.

newdude
08-12-2008, 01:44 PM

I don't think anyone is on the Rodgers bandwagon, it is just that, well we're Packers fans, supporting every player on the team. Well, maybe not Jarret Bush:D . And no just no, I will pass on the TT bandwagon.;)

newdude
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
After this year, TT will probably be considered the best GM in the league.
He has done a FANTASTIC job by all accounts. The Favre situation was terrible, but from a purley win-loss standpoint I think most people agree he did the right thing.
I have a feeling that last season there were several times when both MM and TT wished that Rodgers was the starter. I know many of you will say we never would have had a chance at the NFC Championship, but supposing we had Rodgers in OT during that game, he would have never thrown that lobbed up pass that was picked and ended the game. (which Favre has thrown in more playoff game 4th qs and OTs than I'd like to admit)

Moreover, the 07 season was the first season that saw Favre play offense in that way. They completly revolutionized he had been playing, and was largley the reason he had a 95 qb rating.
I think Rodgers, or any decent NFL QB for that matter, could have preformed similarily is such an effecient passing offense that MM runs.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think Rodgers could have done as good as Favre last year, and possibly could have led us to a SuperBowl.
I love Farve for the spirit and demigod-like-way he emodied football and Green Bay. But since 02 when we lost to the Falcons in wild card at home, I stopped loving him for being a good Quarterback.

Woah, woah, woah, hold ur horses there buddy. Rodgers performed well, but let's not get too carried away. This is a team sport, the loss to the Giants and the past playoff games can't be solely placed on Favre. U should consider how the whole team stunk and not just Favre.

iam brett favre
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I :love: Rodgers. really do.

Markg
08-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I know I know. And I'm not basing this on his preseason preformance. I have thought this all last year.

And I know you don't single out a play and say if this and if that...but (hypocracy in action people..:)) IF Rodgers had been under center during OT againsnt the giants..he would not have made the same throw Favre had that ended in the pic.

And if because of those kinds of plays which we so often put up with by Favre that I think TT and MM both wanted Rodgers at least a season ago.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I know I know. And I'm not basing this on his preseason preformance. I have thought this all last year.

And I know you don't single out a play and say if this and if that...but (hypocracy in action people..:)) IF Rodgers had been under center during OT againsnt the giants..he would not have made the same throw Favre had that ended in the pic.

And if because of those kinds of plays which we so often put up with by Favre that I think TT and MM both wanted Rodgers at least a season ago.

With Rodgers a year ago, we're lucky to win 8 games. Why is it some of you forget that Favre was second in league MVP voting? How can you say that an unknown kid in Rodgers would have performed as well as that? Yesterday, while he was damn impressive, was against one of the worst defenses in the league that wasn't showing anything that they will in the regular season. That said, he looks VERY promising if the interior line play doesn't put him on the IR.

newdude
08-12-2008, 02:19 PM

Yet the blame is all on #4:(

Even if it is a "IF" statement, u really can't base it on anything. We've never seen Rodgers in the playoffs, or a full game for that matter. How can u say he could have done any better when our running game seemed to have dissappered.

If the running game was better...?

If Harris played better...?

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Yet the blame is all on #4:(

Even if it is a "IF" statement, u really can't base it on anything. We've never seen Rodgers in the playoffs, or a full game for that matter. How can u say he could have done any better when our running game seemed to have dissappered.

Favre single-handedly carried that team the first 7 weeks without a running game. Rodgers shows great promise in limited action. Let's take it for what it is. We have hope as long as we keep him healthy. I don't think any of us would want to start the season with Brohm under center after last night's horror.

socalpkrbkr
08-12-2008, 02:28 PM

You forgot the biggest "IF" of all!

"If" J. Bush only fell on that ball.....

Markg
08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
The reason why Farve played so well is because the offensive scheme was designed for high efficency passing.

06 Favre has 72ish QB rating playing his old gunslinging ways
07 Favre has 95 QB rating playing like a completly different QB

Does anyone really think brett completled a career high 66% of his passes due to his own ability? Maybe in part..but on the whole it was because of a new offensive system.

So yeah, id say any decent QB could have preformed that well, including Rodgers.

newdude
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Favre single-handedly carried that team the first 7 weeks without a running game. Rodgers shows great promise in limited action. Let's take it for what it is. We have hope as long as we keep him healthy. I don't think any of us would want to start the season with Brohm under center after last night's horror.

:D Yup.

You forgot the biggest "IF" of all!

"If" J. Bush only fell on that ball.....

:mad: AHHHHHHHHHHHh, damn, yeah that too. Thanks:D

Yeah, like I said Markg, can't solely place blame on Favre.

Why the hell isthat guy still on the team?

Martz
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
The reason why Farve played so well is because the offensive scheme was designed for high efficency passing.

Does anyone really think brett completled a career high 66% of his passes due to his own ability? Maybe in part..but on the whole it was because of a new offensive system.

So yeah, id say any decent QB could have preformed that well, including Rodgers.

I think i see what your saying. This system was in place in 06 however. I believe it was Favre who finally bought into the system...gave it a shot and then had a MVP like year. I do believe in the system. I don't believe you can just throw any old jackoff in there and they will produce though.

We have a great system. Throw in a great QB and you have an MVP type system. Throw in a mediocore QB is you MAYBE have a good season in our system.

But I've been saying this all along...Rodgers doesn't need to be Favre this season in order for us to compete with the best in the league. Our other players are that good. Rodgers just needs to be a game manager.

Markg
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
:
Yeah, like I said Markg, can't solely place blame on Favre.
Why the hell isthat guy still on the team?

Im not placing blame so much as I am explaining why I think MM and TT both wanted Rodgers even before Favre's retirement.

I think the smartest thing on the subject was said by the annoucers of last night's game. They pointed out that MM and TT have seen Rodgers play in practice for 3 whole years. They have a far better understanding than anyone else of what his ability level is.

The fact that MM and TT both were so adiment in giving up Favre means they must be really confident in Rodgers..which is a great sign. Had they been the least bit apprihensive about letting Favre go, maybe we could question Rodgers..but not after the way they treated the legacy of the Packers.
Either they are just *******s...or they know something we all don't..Rodgers can play better than Favre in the Packers system right now.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I think i see what your saying. This system was in place in 06 however. I believe it was Favre who finally bought into the system...gave it a shot and then had a MVP like year. I do believe in the system. I don't believe you can just throw any old jackoff in there and they will produce though.

We have a great system. Throw in a great QB and you have an MVP type system. Throw in a mediocore QB is you MAYBE have a good season in our system.

But I've been saying this all along...Rodgers doesn't need to be Favre this season in order for us to compete with the best in the league. Our other players are that good. Rodgers just needs to be a game manager.

Systems win Championships? Are you Jerry Krause by chance?

newdude
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Uh what? 06 and 07, MM instilled the same philosophy, but still heavily relied on Favre's arm. My god, u think the W.C.O ca just use any QB to be successful? even with a decent one, it's not that simple.

Markg
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=Martz;6256452]We have a great system. Throw in a great QB and you have an MVP type system. Throw in a mediocore QB is you MAYBE have a good season in our system.
QUOTE]

Yes. But I go one step further. Throw a great gun slinger into a conservative offense and you make him have an MVP year. Throw a conservative quarterback into a conservative system and you have a championship team.
Rodgers wont play like Favre played..but he will play in the system better.
Theres a reason half of the NFL teams said that Favre "didn't fit their systems".

06 was MM first year and you Favre didn't really play into it until 07.
And I don't mean by "throw" that you just take a random QB from anyteam and put him on the packers.
I mean a solid starting level talent who has been in the system long enough to know it.
If say...Rex Grossman (here come the flames lol) was on the packer bench for 2 years learning the sytem and played in the 07 season for us, if he played into the system I bet he could have had a 90+ QB rating.
Its hard not too when you throw so many short slants and outs.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=Martz;6256452]We have a great system. Throw in a great QB and you have an MVP type system. Throw in a mediocore QB is you MAYBE have a good season in our system.
QUOTE]

Yes. But I go one step further. Throw a great gun slinger into a conservative offense and you make him have an MVP year. Throw a conservative quarterback into a conservative system and you have a championship team.
Rodgers wont play like Favre played..but he will play in the system better.
Theres a reason half of the NFL teams said that Favre "didn't fit their systems".

Now I know who you are! You're Ari Fleischer! Welcome to the board PR Spinmaster!

Markg
08-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Haha..for the record I hate entourage.
I much prefer the Kim Katrell sex and the city version of PR

"I'm in PR, translation - I give great head"

BrewCityBuck
08-12-2008, 02:51 PM

I love Entourage. How dare you.

"It's anal sex night at the Gold residence, I have to go home and punish my wife." - Ari Gold

:D

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
got a lil pent up aggression have we? maybe just got the hots for newdude....

Damnit... I'm busted! hahaha! ;) Ahhh man - sorry about the agression, for some reason newdude just gets me all worked up with his posts.

I know he's just joking around, but I just hate to see the half *** support. It was so nice to see so many great signs supporting Aaron at the game last night. Also the support on here has been great. I'm glad we're all coming back together as Packer's fans.

Okay... I'm calmed down now. Thanks for working me through it. Go Aaron!

newdude
08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Im not placing blame so much as I am explaining why I think MM and TT both wanted Rodgers even before Favre's retirement.

I think the smartest thing on the subject was said by the annoucers of last night's game. They pointed out that MM and TT have seen Rodgers play in practice for 3 whole years. They have a far better understanding than anyone else of what his ability level is.

The fact that MM and TT both were so adiment in giving up Favre means they must be really confident in Rodgers..which is a great sign. Had they been the least bit apprihensive about letting Favre go, maybe we could question Rodgers..but not after the way they treated the legacy of the Packers.
Either they are just *******s...or they know something we all don't..Rodgers can play better than Favre in the Packers system right now.

MM publicly said he believe with Favre, they are better. Yes, they have confidence in Rodgers, but so do many other GMs/coaches that believed in the players they drafted but later turned busts (not that Rodgers will be one).
BTW, didn't u notice how strange MM keep preaching "we need to establish the running game, then blah blah blah" but when in most games, he quickly abandons the running game and relied so heavily on Favre. No confidence there huh?

Martz
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Systems win Championships? Are you Jerry Krause by chance?

...see New England Patriots

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I much prefer the Kim Katrell sex and the city version of PR

"I'm in PR, translation - I give great head"

Ari Fleischer - fmr Bush press secretary, who was hired a week ago to help TT cover up his mess. Nothing to do with lame HBO shows.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:58 PM

So Rodgers would have performed as well as Favre in the "system" and NOW he's as good as Brady (in the system ofcourse)!!! I want whatever it is you're drinking or drugging with.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM

So we should win atleast the same 13 games as a year ago with Rodgers? Wager please.

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:00 PM
MM publicly said he believe with Favre, they are better. Yes, they have confidence in Rodgers, but so do many other GMs/coaches that believed in the players they drafted but later turned busts (not that Rodgers will be one).
BTW, didn't u notice how strange MM keep preaching "we need to establish the running game, then blah blah blah" but when in most games, he quickly abandons the running game and relied so heavily on Favre. No confidence there huh?

MM said publicly he thinks they are better with Favre this offseason?
I didn't say that they have no confidence...I said they have more with Rodgers..which is pretty obvious considering how this offseason went. If they wern't more confident with Rodgers he wouldnt be the starter..simple as that.

And I would say MM preaches the run knowning that he has to rely on Favre if the run isnt there. In other words "we need to establsih the run because if we don't we are relying to heavily on a guy who has a habbit of ending games on a bad int."

But im done arguing this point..this thread is about AR not BF.

Aaron Rodgers will have a better Quarterback Rating than Brett Favre did last year.

Sig me on it..and watch it happen.

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Damnit... I'm busted! hahaha! ;) Ahhh man - sorry about the agression, for some reason newdude just gets me all worked up with his posts.

I know he's just joking around, but I just hate to see the half *** support. It was so nice to see so many great signs supporting Aaron at the game last night. Also the support on here has been great. I'm glad we're all coming back together as Packer's fans.

Okay... I'm calmed down now. Thanks for working me through it. Go Aaron!

Half-*** support? Who the F r u tell me how to support my fav team? Do I need to go and worship him or something when he haven't even started a game for us yet? I support him due to him being the Packers starting QB, and I said his performance was solid and disagree with some of u on the INT. What the hell am I suppose to do "Go OMGZ HEZ DA BESTEST QB EVAAA" after one good showing in a PRESEASON game.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:03 PM
MM said publicly he thinks they are better with Favre this offseason?
I didn't say that they have no confidence...I said they have more with Rodgers..which is pretty obvious considering how this offseason went. If they wern't more confident with Rodgers he wouldnt be the starter..simple as that.

And I would say MM preaches the run knowning that he has to rely on Favre if the run isnt there. In other words "we need to establsih the run because if we don't we are relying to heavily on a guy who has a habbit of ending games on a bad int."

Aaron Rodgers will have a better Quarterback Rating than Brett Favre did last year.

PLEASE WAGER with me on the QB rating!!!

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Ari Fleischer - fmr Bush press secretary, who was hired a week ago to help TT cover up his mess. Nothing to do with lame HBO shows.

lol sorry read it too quick...thought it was that Ari guy from entourage.

Ari Fleischer is a great PR guy..we studied him in school

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:04 PM
PLEASE WAGER with me on the QB rating!!!

Do you mean an actual wager?

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:05 PM
lol sorry read it too quick...thought it was that Ari guy from entourage.

Ari Fleischer is a great PR guy..we studied him in school

I always liked him in the Bush Camp. He's perfect for spinning things to gain public acceptance of a nightmare.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM

Yessir! How bout a hundo? I trust all my Packer bretheren to pay up even though we may disagree at times. Thoughts?

BrewCityBuck
08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
I already have a couple $50 bets about Aaron Rodgers being able to start all 16 games at work. :)

Martz
08-12-2008, 03:09 PM

I think your smoking something if you think he'll have a better QB rating then Favre's last year. Not that Rodger's won't have a decent season, but he won't have a better rating. Period, Dot, end of story.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I already have a couple $50 bets about Aaron Rodgers being able to start all 16 games at work. :)

You're gonna need more hours at work just to pay off your gambling debts Brew!

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I think your smoking something if you think he'll have a better QB rating then Favre's last year. Not that Rodger's won't have a decent season, but he won't have a better rating. Period, Dot, end of story.

Martz, I have sucker on the line. Please keep quiet until he agrees to the bet - hell, I'll split it with you!

Martz
08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Martz, I have sucker on the line. Please keep quiet until he agrees to the bet - hell, I'll split it with you!

you got it!

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok despite that fact that what im smoking is amazing...

He will have a better rating because he will be playing in a system geared towards having a high qb rating.

And I would wager a clear $100 on that fact..but I'm not driving to Iowa to collect :P

To have a 95 QB rating isnt that hard when all you throw is 5 yard slants and outs.

If we stipulate that he must start all 16 games..I would wager it with you.

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:19 PM

With this, I know I shouldn't argue with u any longer. LOL.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok despite that fact that what im smoking is amazing...

He will have a better rating because he will be playing in a system geared towards having a high qb rating.

And I would wager a clear $100 on that fact..but I'm not driving to Iowa to collect :P

To have a 95 QB rating isnt that hard when all you throw is 5 yard slants and outs.

If we stipulate that he must start all 16 games..I would wager it with you.

First off, I live in Chicago. We actually have postal service out here and there would be no need to drive for either of us.

I will make that wager with you, but let's say he has to have 375 attempts for the bet to be good. I would make a second wager on games started, but he won't start all 16 this year.

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I was born outside of Chicago..but I have no knowledge of this so called "postal service". Maybe thats why my lights get shut off every month..lol

That sounds fine to me. 375 attempts for the wager to count.
BUT - Since I am taking the outlandish part of the deal..I wante 1.5-1 on my money. Hows that sound?

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Half-*** support? Who the F r u tell me how to support my fav team? Do I need to go and worship him or something when he haven't even started a game for us yet? I support him due to him being the Packers starting QB, and I said his performance was solid and disagree with some of u on the INT. What the hell am I suppose to do "Go OMGZ HEZ DA BESTEST QB EVAAA" after one good showing in a PRESEASON game.

Sounds good to me! hahaha j/k

Sorry for starting this newdude, this is getting to personal bro. You can support the team anyway you see fit, I have no right to tell you what to do. You're a grown man, you'll figure it out on your own.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I was born outside of Chicago..but I have no knowledge of this so called "postal service". Maybe thats why my lights get shut off every month..lol

BUT - Since I am taking the outlandish part of the deal..I wante 1.5-1 on my money. Hows that sound?

C'mon now! You're the one that made the "bold" statement. Now that we have parameters set for the wager, you want me to give odds? Not happening friend. 375 attempts (minimum) regardless of how many games started for $100. Are we on?

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds good to me! hahaha j/k

Sorry for starting this newdude, this is getting to personal bro. You can support the team anyway you see fit, I have no right to tell you what to do. You're a grown man, you'll figure it out on your own.

Oh, I already know how to support my team, thank u very much:rolleyes:
And I have no problem with u and, hopefully, u have no problems with me, so it's all good.;)

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:33 PM
P.S. newdude...

The reason I have a crush on you is because of your creative use of all the smilies in this forum!

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:36 PM

He already gave u enough with the 375 attempts, why be so greedy and want odds?

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Absolutely 100% (okay 95%) good bro. I thought maybe it got a little too personal from the F U comment, but I'm glad to hear it was just passion. I'll even use a smiley too, just to show good will.

:rimshot:

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, I already know how to support my team, thank u very much:rolleyes:
And I have no problem with u and, hopefully, u have no problems with me, so it's all good.;)

Get a room ladies.:love:

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
P.S. newdude...

The reason I have a crush on you is because of your creative use of all the smilies in this forum!

Oh NOES!! I need a blushing smiley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol :D

newdude
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM

That's so gay dude :p

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I want 1.5-1 on my money. That means if I win I get 150. If you win you get 100.

Thats not too much to ask. I made the statement to be outlandish. I do believe it will happen, but there are alot of things that can make it not happen. I said it because I knew it would garner attention. 1.5-1 is very good odds for you..I would honestly take the bet either way.

It's not like i got up and proclaimed.."I had penut butter and jelly for lunch today"
I said it because I knew it would spark some talk!

So yeah..no way I bet even money that he doesnt get 95 qb rating or better..I wouldnt make that bet for brady.
1.5-1 is a good deal and still makes me look like a genius if im right. What you think?

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I have to agree Markg... There was no talk of odds at the beginning. He ponied up, now it's your turn. This will be interesting. I can't wait to see the outcome and follow it game by game. It's ballsy to say the least to bet on a QB who is starting for his first year, but then again...

You do have balls! May the best man win.

Hey newdude... $50 on the side, I say Markg wins. What do you say? (I'll send it Western Union since I'm in Costa Rica.)

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I have to agree Markg... There was no talk of odds at the beginning. He ponied up, now it's your turn. This will be interesting. I can't wait to see the outcome and follow it game by game. It's ballsy to say the least to bet on a QB who is starting for his first year, but then again...

Hey newdude... $50 on the side, I say Markg wins. What do you say? (I'll send it Western Union since I'm in Costa Rica.)

I didn't know I was in vegas and needed to qualify every prediction with a spread and over under odds :P

I made the statement because A: it's outlandish and sparks conversation. B: I think under our offensive system there is a very, very good chance that he will have a extremly high QB rating.

Now if someone wants to bet me on that...I will bet $100 1-1.5 that Rodgers will have a better QB rating this year than Farve did last year, with a minium of 375 attempts.
Any takers?

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I want 1.5-1 on my money. That means if I win I get 150. If you win you get 100.

Thats not too much to ask. I made the statement to be outlandish. I do believe it will happen, but there are alot of things that can make it not happen. I said it because I knew it would garner attention. 1.5-1 is very good odds for you..I would honestly take the bet either way.

It's not like i got up and proclaimed.."I had penut butter and jelly for lunch today"

So yeah..no way I bet even money that he doesnt get 95 qb rating or better..I wouldnt make that bet for brady.
1.5-1 is a good deal and still makes me look like a genius if im right. What you think?

You seem like a fair man, so I'll meet you half way and give you 1.25-1. Deal?

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:50 PM

LMAO... hahaha

Mark it down boys, 8/12/08, hawkeye proves he has a sense of humor! lol

Alright enough of this lovey dovey $h!t, back to smack talk, flames, gambling, insults, and profanity disguised with symbols and ***'s.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 03:53 PM
That's so gay dude :p

Hey, I'm not the one swapping internet spit with the Costa Rican!

Markg
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM

HAHA...I am dying over here..dying.

Ok..1.25-1 odds huh?

Because I am an honest man, and I fully intend on paying I lose. When I get home today I will play around with my QB rating calcuator and I will decide on this bet of ours.

I will have an answer by 9pm EST. Sound ok?

I guess we just found out my balls arnt that big :P

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I didn't know I was in vegas and needed to qualify every prediction with a spread and over under odds :P

I made the statement because A: it's outlandish and sparks conversation. B: I think under our offensive system there is a very, very good chance that he will have a extremly high QB rating.

Now if someone wants to bet me on that...I will bet $100 1-1.5 that Rodgers will have a better QB rating this year than Farve did last year, with a minium of 375 attempts.
Any takers?

Hey man, can't I just sit here and have some fun stirring the pot! I want to see this happen, it'll be fun for all of us. Damn... I gotta get some work done today. Anyone want to buy a slice of paradise in Costa Rica? :offtopic:

And F U newdude, you've got me using smilies... ughhh...

Markg
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
"Please explain how it's a good thing to win fewer games than one year ago when the only change of significance is handing the keys of the Ferrari over to a kid with a learner's permit?"

On a side note..Im sick of this stupid expression. It's metaphorically analagous (if AR is a kid with a permit) to say that Brett would be a 85 year old man driving the Ferrari.

So who would you rather have drive the italian sports car? A kid out of the DMV with his learner's permit and an itching to put the pedal to the metal, or an 85 year old senior citizen who doesnt check his rear view when backing out of the driveway? (sienfield fans laugh here..)

Not at all a fair metaphor for Favre...but I told you I was in PR...watch me spin :P

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM

OMG! 100% American... Born and raised in Hayward Wisconsin... And I have never swapped spit with any dude, new or old! hahaha

Funny *** hell though hawkeye... I think I'll just keep my mouth shut for awhile. No more homosexual jokes today. Please. And I'm not Costa Rican, not that there would be anything wrong with that if I was. They're great people.

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Meh I'm not a gambling guy.

:cry: Why so cruel?

Oh, and if u considered that internet spit exchange, I am worried what u might consider as "swapping spit" in real life. ;)

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey man, can't I just sit here and have some fun stirring the pot! I want to see this happen, it'll be fun for all of us. Damn... I gotta get some work done today. Anyone want to buy a slice of paradise in Costa Rica? :offtopic:

And F U newdude, you've got me using smilies... ughhh...

Smilies r the best :flag:

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:09 PM
"Please explain how it's a good thing to win fewer games than one year ago when the only change of significance is handing the keys of the Ferrari over to a kid with a learner's permit?"

On a side note..Im sick of this stupid expression. It's metaphorically analagous (if AR is a kid with a permit) to say that Brett would be a 85 year old man driving the Ferrari.

So who would you rather have drive the italian sports car? A kid out of the DMV with his learner's permit and an itching to put the pedal to the metal, or an 85 year old senior citizen who doesnt check his rear view when backing out of the driveway? (sienfield fans laugh here..)

Not at all a fair metaphor for Favre...but I told you I was in PR...watch me spin :P

Thanks for tackling that one for me Mark... I've formulating how to "explain" that one to hawkeye all day. You have to give him credit though, at least he wants the explanation vs. just assuming he's right!

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM

1.25 -1 Are we on? Don't give me this crap about crunching numbers later tonite either! Make the bet my man!!!!

That 85 year old citizen was 2nd in the MVP balloting by the way.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 04:11 PM

:cry: Why so cruel?

Oh, and if u considered that internet spit exchange, I am worried what u might consider as "swapping spit" in real life. ;)

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:14 PM

C'mon dude... Let's put something on the table. Even if it's not cash, maybe like if I win you have to change your little profile icon to a pic of John McCain (and those huge droopy cheeks) for a month and if you win I'll change mine to a picture of Kurt Warner's wife... whooh... scary thought.

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Huh?

Markg
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
1.25 -1 Are we on? Don't give me this crap about crunching numbers later tonite either! Make the bet my man!!!!

Yeah and that kid with a permit was a projected #1 pick out of the NFL draft...

And ive learned the hard way in internet poker not to make bets im unsure about!

Lol..I will post a thread no later than 9pm tonight if you are still interested. If not...I will understand that you have come to the realization that Rodgers is, always has been and always will be, better than stinky Brett Favre and will probably be the first play ever inducted into the HOF while he is still active.

(obviously joking for those who are about to go nuts on me)

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
C'mon dude... Let's put something on the table. Even if it's not cash, maybe like if I win you have to change your little profile icon to a pic of John McCain (and those huge droopy cheeks) for a month and if you win I'll change mine to a picture of Kurt Warner's wife... whooh... scary thought.

Whatever, so.....?? I think Warner's wife is hot :D

:puke:

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM

As much as I was rooting for Favre to win MVP last year, answer these two questions.

1. Do you believe that there is a large amount of subjectivity involved in the MVP process? (especially since part of the balloting is done by fans through their cell phones)

2. Do you think that Favre was the sentimental favorite with fans, players, and coaches because of the amazing comeback year he had?

That being said, I believe that Favre was the most valuable player to his team last year, but not the 2nd best QB in the league. I don't think your rank in votes for MVP balloting determines where you sit in the standings of the best QB's in the league.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Whatever, so.....?? I think Warner's wife is hot

:puke:

As long as you don't think John McCain is hot! lol I'll let you pick my picture, as long as it's nothing Vikings or gay. You have to put up John McCain... Are we on?

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah and that kid with a permit was a projected #1 pick out of the NFL draft...

And ive learned the hard way in internet poker not to make bets im unsure about!

Lol..I will post a thread no later than 9pm tonight if you are still interested. If not...I will understand that you have come to the realization that Rodgers is, always has been and always will be, better than stinky Brett Favre and will probably be the first play ever inducted into the HOF while he is still active.

(obviously joking for those who are about to go nuts on me)

I'll still be interested in the wager regardless what time or day you find your stones to make the bet official. I won't be on here again until tomorrow. Tonite, I'll be in conference with my attorney. Last night, my wife told me that she would be rooting for the Cowboys from here on in. She told me that she has rooted for the Pack the last 11 years just because I am a diehard and she loved Favre. I am seeking an immeadiate divorce from this traitor. It was brutal trying to sleep last night with the knife in my back. Just when you think you know everything about your wife.......

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
P.S. newdude... is that green and white Favre jersey of the Packers or Jets variety???

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:29 PM
As long as you don't think John McCain is hot! lol I'll let you pick my picture, as long as it's nothing Vikings or gay. You have to put up John McCain... Are we on?

I'll choose a picture when I'm about to win. But for how long will the avatar has to be up? 1week? month?

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
P.S. newdude... is that green and white Favre jersey of the Packers or Jets variety???

New York Jets :drunk:

Of course it's the Pack, I've had this avatar a really long time ago.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I'll still be interested in the wager regardless what time or day you find your stones to make the bet official. I won't be on here again until tomorrow. Tonite, I'll be in conference with my attorney. Last night, my wife told me that she would be rooting for the Cowboys from here on in. She told me that she has rooted for the Pack the last 11 years just because I am a diehard and she loved Favre. I am seeking an immeadiate divorce from this traitor. It was brutal trying to sleep last night with the knife in my back. Just when you think you know everything about your wife.......

OUCH... I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you must be going through. From all of us here, sorry for your loss. We can only hope she just got into whatever Markg has been smoking, and that it's only temporary.

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I'll choose a picture when I'm about to win. But for how long will the avatar has to be up? 1week? month?

Let's say one month... and of course you can choose the pic as long as it's within the stated guidelines. (No Vikes, no gay $h!t... wait isn't that the same thing?"

New York Jets

Of course it's the Pack, I've had this avatar a really long time ago.

I know man! I'm just giving you $h!t because it's green and white. C'mon man we can poke a little fun right?

newdude
08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Let's say one month... and of course you can choose the pic as long as it's within the stated guidelines. No Vikes, no gay $h!t... wait isn't that the same thing?"

Lmao, yeah good point.
1 month it is. So ur taking Markg side right?

I know man! I'm just giving you $h!t because it's green and white. C'mon man we can poke a little fun right?

That's why I like to use smilies, so ppl know I wasn't taking things seriously:cool:

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:49 PM
What was this threat about again? Oh yeah Aaron Rodgers! Sorry I'll get back on the topic...

I have a solid feeling that Aaron will go to the Pro Bowl this year. Outlandish? Maybe, but with the team we have around him, he's going to have a great year. Couple that with all the eyes in the NFL being on him every game, seeing if he can fill Favre's shoes, and I think he'll be a sentimental Pro Bowl pick.

hawkeye
08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
OUCH... I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you must be going through. From all of us here, sorry for your loss. We can only hope she just got into whatever Markg has been smoking, and that it's only temporary.

She grew up in West Texas and her Dad was/is a Cowgirl fan. Still, there's no excuse for her betrayal. ESPECIALLY at the present time with my mourning the departure of #4. I need to get with Markg for some herbal medicine to help with my pain. So now she's going to be rooting for Jessica Romo, Turdelle Owens, Tank Johnson, Pacman, and Jerry Jones. I am sickened by this. At this point, I just want out of the marriage. She can have the damn house and everything that goes with it - except for my beagle (named Kramer).

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:51 PM
We're on... and yes, I'll take Markg's side. C'mon Aaron don't let me down!

TCamPacFan
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
She grew up in West Texas and her Dad was/is a Cowgirl fan. Still, there's no excuse for her betrayal. ESPECIALLY at the present time with my mourning the departure of #4. I need to get with Markg for some herbal medicine to help with my pain. So now she's going to be rooting for Jessica Romo, Turdelle Owens, Tank Johnson, Pacman, and Jerry Jones. I am sickened by this. At this point, I just want out of the marriage. She can have the damn house and everything that goes with it - except for my beagle (named Kramer).

Hawk... this sounds like killer material for a country song! You could be onto a hit here! I'm a little nervous that my girlfriend might leave the Pack if Aaron ever goes. She grew up in Chico, CA (Aaron's hometown) And when she was in the states I would have field drunk calls at in Costa Rica at 2:00 saying "Hey hunny, I'm just out at the bar taking shots with Aaron, thought I would say hi!" We'll see where her true loyalty lies if and when Aaron ever goes somewhere else!

Martz
08-12-2008, 05:50 PM

Wait r u being serious hawkeye?

Mathew
08-12-2008, 07:35 PM

i don't know how that is a-rod's fault, he threw it in a good place. if you want to be a reciever in the nfl you need to be able to make plays. so what he got hit, it's football. james jones got his helmet knocked off and still ran it to the endzone, that's no excuse. same as DD has no excuse dropping that pass he's a primetime reciever but i guess sometimes it happens, it was a laser but he had seen lasers for years from favre. none the less DD was a beast and rodgers was solid. i also need to put in that brandon jackson also played very well, he impressed me the most honestly.

newdude
08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
i don't know how that is a-rod's fault, he threw it in a good place. if you want to be a reciever in the nfl you need to be able to make plays. so what he got hit, it's football. james jones got his helmet knocked off and still ran it to the endzone, that's no excuse. same as DD has no excuse dropping that pass he's a primetime reciever but i guess sometimes it happens, it was a laser but he had seen lasers for years from favre. none the less DD was a beast and rodgers was solid. i also need to put in that brandon jackson also played very well, he impressed me the most honestly.

I gave my explanation a few pages back:

"And like I said, it was just my OPINION. I thought he didn't need to throw it that high when the LB wasn't directly under it (the ball), and it was slightly behind Francis where the DB was in position to alter his arm. Again, MY OPINION on the pass."

Rodgers did this quite a few times, throwing high that is. And speaking of the Jones catch, it was actually a bad pass turned good with Jones' skills. If it was against a different D (with a better safety), Jones would've been killed.

wissportsfan
08-13-2008, 04:15 AM
He looked very good in the game yesterday. He had 2 passes I believe that could've been thrown better. The one to Jones that was just out of his reach and then the other one was when the ball sailed over Martin's head. Other than that I thought he looked very good.

hawkeye
08-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Wait r u being serious hawkeye?

Kidding about divorce proceedings, but serious that she's now rooting for the Boyz. Makes me sick just to think about it.

TCamPacFan
08-13-2008, 12:11 PM
He looked very good in the game yesterday. He had 2 passes I believe that could've been thrown better. The one to Jones that was just out of his reach and then the other one was when the ball sailed over Martin's head. Other than that I thought he looked very good.

I think you're right on. I'm sure he was just a little nervous/excited and almost all QB's have a tendency to throw hard and high when they get like that. I'm sure he'll find the handle early in the reg season.

Martz
08-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Kidding about divorce proceedings, but serious that she's now rooting for the Boyz. Makes me sick just to think about it.

Give her a good swift-head butt to the ovaries. That will teach her to think twice about rooting for the Cowgirls.

...then tell her to make you a pie.

ugottabjoshinme
08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Give her a good swift-head butt to the ovaries. That will teach her to think twice about rooting for the Cowgirls.

...then tell her to make you a pie.

hahaha.....:laugh:

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 01:53 AM
He played really well.
Im so excited for the season to start. He looks like he will be a really good QB.

We didnt see the same games .

robdizzle3
08-18-2008, 03:47 AM
^You mean game

Grigbay Packer
08-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Yeah, 6 sacks in 3 quarters....

If this keep up he wont last 16 games... I cant see how anybody would...

Packerbacker
08-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Favres quick release and elusiveness made the offensive line look better then it was. I cant wait to say I told you so.

XJW18
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Offensive Line hasnt been playing well At All!!

SamG187
08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
No and San Fran d line and pass rush doesnt scare anybody, I had a hard time thinking about who they even had on their d line, Im not looking forward to seeing Dwight Freeney and guys that are actually good instead of them bums from Frisco

Grigbay Packer
08-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Here is a hypothetical for you.

If Favre was in the same 3 quarters that Rodgers was in, would Favre had been sacked 6 times?

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Here is a hypothetical for you.

If Favre was in the same 3 quarters that Rodgers was in, would Favre had been sacked 6 times?

Rodgers was in for two quarters vs the 49ers and he was sacked four times. Favre definetly would have been sacked twice. Rodgers had no chance when Spitz got ran around and then run over for the second one.

Grigbay Packer
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Rodgers was in for two quarters vs the 49ers and he was sacked four times. Favre definetly would have been sacked twice. Rodgers had no chance when Spitz got ran around and then run over for the second one.

I know but I was saying for the first two game Rodgers Played. First Game he played around a quarter and was sacked twice. Second Game 2 quarters and sacked 4 times...

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
I know but I was saying for the first two game Rodgers Played. First Game he played around a quarter and was sacked twice. Second Game 2 quarters and sacked 4 times...

Oh, OK my bad. Well I'm forgetting the second sack Rodgers had in last weekís game. I'm pretty sure that was a missed assignment too. The first one in that game BJ missed with his blitz assignment and Rodgers was drilled on his blind side. I think Brett would have been sacked there too. It's tough to call would Brett have been sacked when Rodgers was. We all know Brett seemed to have eyes in the back of his head at times. In all fairness to Rodgers though if the line is going to let guys run them over and BJ is going to miss his blitz assignments he has no chance. It's going to take some time for Rodgers. As bad as yesterdays game was I think about the dropped passes and realize that 9 times out of 10 those balls are going to be hauled in and caught. Aarons numbers from yesterday were 9/16 58 yards. If those two that he threw were caught his numbers are 11/16 105 to 110 yards and 1 TD. Sure he held the ball a little too long at times and he looked at little jumpy after being drilled but I'm still confident we're going to be alright.

Grigbay Packer
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Totally agree. If you gave the first pass to Driver over again, I would think he catches it 8/10 times. The TD pass to Donald Lee was unacceptable as well.

If just those two catches are made, it a totally different outcome.

Was Spitz playing center? I recall a few plays (dont know if it was him or not) that someone on the Oline was just getting killed. MM mentioned that the teams pad level was to high. Either way, they need to buckle down...

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Totally agree. If you gave the first pass to Driver over again, I would think he catches it 8/10 times. The TD pass to Donald Lee was unacceptable as well.

If just those two catches are made, it a totally different outcome.

Was Spitz playing center? I recall a few plays (dont know if it was him or not) that someone on the Oline was just getting killed. MM mentioned that the teams pad level was to high. Either way, they need to buckle down...

Yeah I totally ****ed this up in the game thread. I confused a couple of jersey numbers. Letís see if I get it right this time. LOL Left to right started the game like this: Clifton, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, and Tauscher. So Wells was playing center and it was Spitz who got raped. Spitz didnít have a good ball game at all. They had Spitz playing LG for the first time this season and I believe he only practiced LG twice this season before yesterday. The staff likes the rookie Sitton so thatís why they moved Spitz over to keep it simple for the rook. Spitz had been playing C for the injured Wells but he returned this week so thatís why he was playing LG. He had played LG last season in a couple of games so it's not completely foreign to him. Yeah if you look at the replay he was too upright. Not in a squatting type of position. He was beaten easily. You canít let the pass rusher get under you. Thatís frustrating because it was bad technique. I donít think it had to do with him playing out of position. Hopefully no one on the line gets injured and we can keep everyone right where they are now in hopes of building some chemistry for the opener against the Vikings.

TCamPacFan
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Favres quick release and elusiveness made the offensive line look better then it was. I cant wait to say I told you so.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think you're right on. While the line certainly deserves some of the blame, Aaron didn't move around particularly well in the pocket and held onto the ball too long. I'm sure once or twice they were coverage sacks, but he needs to either scramble, throw it away, dump it off, or take a shot.

On the other hand I'm confident that the staff will see this on tape and work with him on it. Aaron is new to the starting role and we all know there will be some kinks to work out. Pocket awareness is something that comes only with game experience. Getting comfortable with your receivers and their routes also only comes with game experience.

Let's give Aaron at least 4 or 5 regular season games to see what he can do. And then we can all either praise or curse his name!

ugottabjoshinme
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah I totally ****ed this up in the game thread. I confused a couple of jersey numbers. Letís see if I get it right this time. LOL Left to right started the game like this: Clifton, Spitz, Wells, Sitton, and Tauscher. So Wells was playing center and it was Spitz who got raped. Spitz didnít have a good ball game at all. They had Spitz playing LG for the first time this season and I believe he only practiced LG twice this season before yesterday. The staff likes the rookie Sitton so thatís why they moved Spitz over to keep it simple for the rook. Spitz had been playing C for the injured Wells but he returned this week so thatís why he was playing LG. He had played LG last season in a couple of games so it's not completely foreign to him. Yeah if you look at the replay he was too upright. Not in a squatting type of position. He was beaten easily. You canít let the pass rusher get under you. Thatís frustrating because it was bad technique. I donít think it had to do with him playing out of position. Hopefully no one on the line gets injured and we can keep everyone right where they are now in hopes of building some chemistry for the opener against the Vikings.

I didnt think that Spitz looked too bad playing center last week. Its too bad that his technique is poor in this last game. Did anyone specifically notice how colledge played when he got in? I didnt really notice him either way.

Grigbay Packer
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM

The good thing is that it is preseason. MM has always been a good advocate of technique. I remember a few games last year when the guys had the same issues... Hopefully its corrected.

I'm also seeing that we are somewhat vulnerable with Hawk out. There were a few blown coverages and missed tackle that I think Hawk would have made. Maybe its just the case of getting Chilliar some reps

I noticed one play where Bigby would have leveled the Runner, there was one problem though.. That is, he completely missed him. I've noticed that he focused to much at times on the "big hit" instead of stopping the play. It makes for great replays on the highlight reel when he connects but that miss should have been avoided

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I didnt think that Spitz looked too bad playing center last week. Its too bad that his technique is poor in this last game. Did anyone specifically notice how colledge played when he got in? I didnt really notice him either way.

He played G and T yesterday. The time I noticed him the most was when he was playing T and let one of the QBs almost get killed. Originally I thought it was Brohm now I think it was Flynn. I donít remember exactly, I'm sure someone else does though. Either way he played OK at G and struggled at T.

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
The good thing is that it is preseason. MM has always been a good advocate of technique. I remember a few games last year when the guys had the same issues... Hopefully its corrected.

I'm also seeing that we are somewhat vulnerable with Hawk out. There were a few blown coverages and missed tackle that I think Hawk would have made. Maybe its just the case of getting Chilliar some reps

I noticed one play where Bigby would have leveled the Runner, there was one problem though.. That is, he completely missed him. I've noticed that he focused to much at times on the "big hit" instead of stopping the play. It makes for great replays on the highlight reel when he connects but that miss should have been avoided

Yeah it's preseason after all. We donít have all of our weapons out there. Yesterdayís game should have been 10-7 Packers at the half. I think Rodgers and the rest of the offense will bounce back this week. We'll have a full week to prepare and maybe we'll have Grant and Jennings in there too. I'm not worried about Chillar at all. I'm a big Bruin fan and I've seen him play a lot. He can tackle fine. I didnít notice him missing tackles. He did lead the team in tackles with 7 total and 5 solo yesterday vs the 49ers. If it becomes a big problem with Bigby I'm sure he'll get a long talking to about making the tackle first and making a play second.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 07:41 PM
If the Packers cant win 10 games this season and miss the playoffs, MM and TT are in deep trouble. The fans will eat this 2 guys for what they did by not welcoming Brett Favre.
The first two preseason games can be the full picture of what is coming. I know its only preseason but what I've seen from Minnesota and Detroit, I ask myself now if the Lions have a better team with Kitna than the Packers with Rodgers.
Aaron Rodgers has alot of work to do before the opener and he should begin right now.

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
If the Packers cant win 10 games this season and miss the playoffs, MM and TT are in deep trouble. The fans will eat this 2 guys for what they did by not welcoming Brett Favre.
The first two preseason games can be the full picture of what is coming. I know its only preseason but what I've seen from Minnesota and Detroit, I ask myself now if the Lions have a better team with Kitna than the Packers with Rodgers.
Aaron Rodgers has alot of work to do before the opener and he should begin right now.

You need to go and take a bong hit and relax. 9 of 22 starters have been out and you seem to think all is lost. LOL

OnWisconsin2007
08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
You need to go and take a bong hit and relax. 9 of 22 starters have been out and you seem to think all is lost. LOL

A solid bong rip is never a bad thing...lol

hawkeye
08-19-2008, 08:56 AM

So Markg, where are we on the QB rating wager? I said I would give you 1.25:1. Are we on or not? Or are you just another TT head that talks junk and doesn't back it up with his cash? You've been awful quiet since Rodgers was outperformed by J.T. Sullivan!

hawkeye
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM

I agree with this (no surprise to the majority of you!) except I'm not going to get too jacked up over the 1st 2 preseason games. I thought Rodgers looked pretty good in game 1, but the interior of the O-Line nearly got him killed in Frisco. This is what I've been saying all along - Rodgers will be running for his life this year. Yes he's obviously a better scrambler than Favre ever was, but do we want to hang our hat on the fact that he can run pretty good? Regardless, I think Rodgers can throw it well enough to win and we have some great wideouts. It will truely come down to protection from a porous middle of the line.

Yes, Kitna is the best QB in the division.

Yes, a bong hit can do wonders for the mind.

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM

That's the funniest post I've read in my short PSD career... Seriously got me LOL.

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hawk... You scared the hell out of me when I read just this:

I agree with this (no surprise to the majority of you!)

And then I read this, and it you regained all cred:

except I'm not going to get too jacked up over the 1st 2 preseason games.

I can't say it enough... our OL scares the hell out of me. I read that article today about injuries, position shifts, etc. and if we don't have some continuity it's going to cost us a lot of losses. Anyone who is more concerned about Aaron than our OL hasn't been paying much attention.

And what the hell is going on with that bet??? Markg are you out there? Do we need to get the Oijie board and summon you? ;)

hawkeye
08-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Hawk... You scared the hell out of me when I read just this:

And then I read this, and it you regained all cred:

I can't say it enough... our OL scares the hell out of me. I read that article today about injuries, position shifts, etc. and if we don't have some continuity it's going to cost us a lot of losses. Anyone who is more concerned about Aaron than our OL hasn't been paying much attention.

And what the hell is going on with that bet??? Markg are you out there? Do we need to get the Oijie board and summon you? ;)

I'm going to give Markg the benefit of the doubt with his lack of response to the wager. Sure he was flapping his yapper about how the system got Favre 2nd in MVP balloting, and we haven't heard from him since I called his crap via a wager, but he may well have a life beyond this message board. Let's give him time to respond before we annoint him as Ted's illegitimate butt baby.

meandering
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
So Markg, where are we on the QB rating wager? I said I would give you 1.25:1. Are we on or not? Or are you just another TT head that talks junk and doesn't back it up with his cash? You've been awful quiet since Rodgers was outperformed by J.T. Sullivan!

lmao!

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm going to give Markg the benefit of the doubt with his lack of response to the wager. Sure he was flapping his yapper about how the system got Favre 2nd in MVP balloting, and we haven't heard from him since I called his crap via a wager, but he may well have a life beyond this message board. Let's give him time to respond before we annoint him as Ted's illegitimate butt baby.

LMAO... If that isn't a calling out, I don't know what is!

And what is this "life beyond this message board" that you speak of?

meandering
08-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I agree with this (no surprise to the majority of you!) except I'm not going to get too jacked up over the 1st 2 preseason games. I thought Rodgers looked pretty good in game 1, but the interior of the O-Line nearly got him killed in Frisco. This is what I've been saying all along - Rodgers will be running for his life this year. Yes he's obviously a better scrambler than Favre ever was, but do we want to hang our hat on the fact that he can run pretty good? Regardless, I think Rodgers can throw it well enough to win and we have some great wideouts. It will truely come down to protection from a porous middle of the line.

I asked this question in another thread and never got an awnser. Is there a chance Rodgers is calling the protections wrong? The only other thing that I could point out is that they have been shuffling guys around....guys who started last year are not really getting reps (Colledge being one I know of). Why are we not looking at the guy from Rutgers? Thats another beast of a guy......

Gravity bongs especially...............:clap:

twelvePack
08-19-2008, 05:32 PM

Yeah, well a lot of people forget how great Favre was with working with an inferior line. Rodgers shows absolutely no pocket presence, and looks exactly like I thought he would, Joey Harrington and David Carr. The Pack won't win eight games this year. Way to go Teddy.

socalpkrbkr
08-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, well a lot of people forget how great Favre was with working with an inferior line. Rodgers shows absolutely no pocket presence, and looks exactly like I thought he would, Joey Harrington and David Carr. The Pack won't win eight games this year. Way to go Teddy.
pretty funny post

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 06:46 PM

Ohhh how many times must we say this SoCal...

How can you possibly know one way or the other how the entire career of a QB will turn out from two preseason games? Agreed, Favre is great in the pocket. Agreed Aaron needs work with his pocket presence. But Farve had had 275 games to get to where he was, Aaron hasn't even had one! Give him a break, he's had three years to break free from his college QB coach.

So c'mon man give our team and Aaron a chance, he deserves his shot. If we don't like him after two years, his contract is done and Flynn or Brohm can have their shot.

phinsfan
08-20-2008, 10:43 AM
I think this year will be a learning expierience for Rodgers I watched him in College and he was really good. Just be patient he will come around,don't forget he will never fill the shoes of Brett,cut him a break.

hawkeye
08-20-2008, 10:57 AM

I didn't forget how well #4 moved behind that crap interior line.

TCamPacFan
08-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I think this year will be a learning expierience for Rodgers I watched him in College and he was really good. Just be patient he will come around,don't forget he will never fill the shoes of Brett,cut him a break.

I think we need to heed these words... I mean who is more qualified than a fins fan to know about having to replace a legend!

And hawk... I have to say either I have short term memory loss or I was duped last year. I actually thought during the second half of the season I thought our OL gave great protection and was really efficient in the zone blocking scheme? What say you?

Not to take away from Favre's 6th sense ability to avoid a pass rush...

twelvePack
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I didn't forget how well #4 moved behind that crap interior line.

I know you didn't Hawkeye. That line really was a pile of **** too. Well you are one of the few who realized how good Favre made the team look last year. A lot of people will say what they want, but I noticed in the first game that Rodgers held the ball too long, and lacked pocket presence. He just looked worse in the San Fran game, probably because McCarthy didn't have him make a bunch of cupcake throws in that game. Maybe some people forget that Favre changed most of the plays from pass to rush and vice versa depending on what the defense was showing. Rodgers doesn't have the ability to do that, and our offense is going to falter. Well first McCarthy gets fired in an attempt for Teddy to save his own ***, then Teddy gets shown the door anyway.

socalpkrbkr
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I know you didn't Hawkeye. That line really was a pile of **** too. Well you are one of the few who realized how good Favre made the team look last year. A lot of people will say what they want, but I noticed in the first game that Rodgers held the ball too long, and lacked pocket presence. He just looked worse in the San Fran game, probably because McCarthy didn't have him make a bunch of cupcake throws in that game. Well first McCarthy gets fired in an attempt for Teddy to save his own ***, then Teddy gets shown the door anyway.

I do agree Brett made this whole team better. He brought stability and confidence in a young football team. There's no questioning his ability to make any offensive line look good. Brett had 16 years of experience to make that line look as good as it did. Clifton and Tauscher are no bums. I think Wells is decent too. We have Sitton doing a fair job considering his rookie status. All we need to do is solidify the LG and we should be alright. You think McCarthy is going to run the ball four times in a half again? Its preseason man, our two biggest offensive threats werenít playing and BJ can't pick up a blitz to save his life. The sky isn't falling 12 just try and be optimistic. Youíre mad about Brett and so am I but to say that Rodgers looks like Harrington or Carr is way off.

twelvePack
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I do agree Brett made this whole team better. He brought stability and confidence in a young football team. There's no questioning his ability to make any offensive line look good. Brett had 16 years of experience to make that line look as good as it did. Clifton and Tauscher are no bums. I think Wells is decent too. We have Sitton doing a fair job considering his rookie status. All we need to do is solidify the LG and we should be alright. You think McCarthy is going to run the ball four times in a half again? Its preseason man, our two biggest offensive threats werenít playing and BJ can't pick up a blitz to save his life. The sky isn't falling 12 just try and be optimistic. Youíre mad about Brett and so am I but to say that Rodgers looks like Harrington or Carr is way off.

No it isn't way off. Both Carr and Harrington came out of the same system (Tedford's), and both of them had the same problem with pocket presence. Preseason or not, Rodgers hasn't looked very good.

socalpkrbkr
08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
No it isn't way off. Both Carr and Harrington came out of the same system (Tedford's), and both of them had the same problem with pocket presence. Preseason or not, Rodgers hasn't looked very good.
Youíre jumping the gun man. You ever see him play at Cal? Now youíve seen him play two preseason games where BJ blows two blitz assignments, Spitz gets ***** slapped and run over, accounting for 4 of his 6 sacks thus far. Brett Favre and his old man body might have not gotten up after some of those blind side hits. No I ainít talking **** about Brett, I love that mo fo. If you were a first year starting QB you be a little jumpy too. You cannot make an assessment of his pocket presence at this point and feel confident about it. He hasnít even played a complete game and you want to call him Joey or David. LOL I donít give a **** where he came from or what system he played in 4 years ago. Fact is he's here now and has been in this system and studied under the best ever. He's not coming out of some Tedford system; he's coming out of McCarthy's system. Your talking **** about his pocket presence... how the **** can he have pocket presence when he doesnít have a pocket? If it closes before he's even finished dropping back what do you think is going to happen? Go look at the tape, I had it on TIVO and it was obvious.

Iím not trying to start a war with you but Iím not feeling your attitude man.

twelvePack
08-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Youíre jumping the gun man. You ever see him play at Cal? Now youíve seen him play two preseason games where BJ blows two blitz assignments, Spitz gets ***** slapped and run over, accounting for 4 of his 6 sacks thus far. Brett Favre and his old man body might have not gotten up after some of those blind side hits. No I ainít talking **** about Brett, I love that mo fo. If you were a first year starting QB you be a little jumpy too. You cannot make an assessment of his pocket presence at this point and feel confident about it. He hasnít even played a complete game and you want to call him Joey or David. LOL I donít give a **** where he came from or what system he played in 4 years ago. Fact is he's here now and has been in this system and studied under the best ever. He's not coming out of some Tedford system; he's coming out of McCarthy's system. Your talking **** about his pocket presence... how the **** can he have pocket presence when he doesnít have a pocket? If it closes before he's even finished dropping back what do you think is going to happen? Go look at the tape, I had it on TIVO and it was obvious.

Iím not trying to start a war with you but Iím not feeling your attitude man.

I'm telling you he isn't going to be very good. I don't know what you see that says otherwise. He looks average at best. McCarthy hand picked the easiest throws for him in the first preseason game due to all the exposure on Rodgers, and he still didn't look that great. No pocket??? Well he better get used to the line, because there is nothing saying there won't be injuries. You rip Spitz, but he started most of the year last season and Favre didn't have a problem.

I don't care if you do like my attitude. I'm just calling it like I see it. I could sit here and say all kinds of BS positive stuff about Rodgers, but I choose to stay in touch with reality.

socalpkrbkr
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm telling you he isn't going to be very good. I don't know what you see that says otherwise. He looks average at best. McCarthy hand picked the easiest throws for him in the first preseason game due to all the exposure on Rodgers, and he still didn't look that great. No pocket??? Well he better get used to the line, because there is nothing saying there won't be injuries. You rip Spitz, but he started most of the year last season and Favre didn't have a problem.

I don't care if you do like my attitude. I'm just calling it like I see it. I could sit here and say all kinds of BS positive stuff about Rodgers, but I choose to stay in touch with reality.
Spitz played two games at LG last season. Thatís where he was when he got punked. He is playing out of position. It was clear that "he" blew it on both sacks. The point is that it's just preseason and experimenting is going to take place. The easy throws part is kind of funny though. Why donít we just have him throw easy balls every game then? If he's going to put up those numbers throwing easy balls we might just go 13-3 again. Yeah scratch that pick in the first game as that receiver Chris Francies wonít be on this team. The attitude part is just my way of talking donít take it to heart. You have your opinion and thatís fine but when you spread ******** on one of our players I will respond.

twelvePack
08-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Spitz played two games at LG last season. That’s where he was when he got punked. He is playing out of position. It was clear that "he" blew it on both sacks. The point is that it's just preseason and experimenting is going to take place. The easy throws part is kind of funny though. Why don’t we just have him throw easy balls every game then? If he's going to put up those numbers throwing easy balls we might just go 13-3 again. Yeah scratch that pick in the first game as that receiver Chris Francies won’t be on this team. The attitude part is just my way of talking don’t take it to heart. You have your opinion and that’s fine but when you spread ******** on one of our players I will respond.

Probably because a little more game planning is involved in regular season games. Lets not forget that Cincy had the worst D in the league last year either, and they started some of their number two guys in the secondary. I'm not spreading BS on Rodgers either, I don't think he is that good, that's all. Favre looked better in his first preseason game with less then a week learning new offense, and it still makes me puke to think we traded him to start Rodgers because I honestly don't think we even go .500 with Rodgers.

robdizzle3
08-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Nice optimism there Twelve but you are entitled to your opinion so whatever but all Rod has to do is play "average" as you said and we will be in the playoffs next year.We will only get better as Rod gets better this year and by week 5 or 6 he should be in form so if we can have a winning record until then we will have a good season.You must think we dont have a good team for us to be below .500

Packerbacker
08-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Amen twelvepack amen:clap:

ugottabjoshinme
08-21-2008, 11:14 AM
I think it is unfair to put rodgers in this tedford mold. I think the knock on tedford qbs is that tedford does the work for them in the system. all the qb has to do is look to his first guy and throw the ball. there isnt much in reading the defense and going through progressions. i can see how this hurts guys like harrington and carr. they were pretty much thrown under the bus in the first season and expected to produce. that can be a major problem if those guys were not able to go through progressions that early. it is different for rodgers at this point. having years to learn the new system and learn how to be a nfl qb should help break him out of this mold. learning how to go through progressions like a nfl qb needs to should help. you could see this in the first preseason game. rodgers was not staring down recievers before he threw ball. he was going through progressions and hanging tough in the pocket before he threw the ball.

i think that we have seen some positive things from rodgers so far. Yes he struggles when the pocket collapses right when he finishes his drop. All young qbs should struggle with that. That will come from experience that he does not yet have. You cannot compare him to favre in that regard because favre has the needed experience and knows what to do when the pocket is gone.

We have seen good and bad from rodgers so far in the preseason. but we need to wait until we see him a bit in the regular season before we pass judgment on what he is in relation to the future of this franchise

TCamPacFan
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Seriously man... Think about what your saying and the MAJOR differences here. Carr and Harrington both got forced into mediocre to piss poor systems pretty much right away in their career.

Aaron has had three years of studying a great system with a head coach that is a former QB coach, a great QB coach, and a legendary starting QB. Any BS that he picked up from Tedford's system has been erased by proper coaching. Remember where he held the ball when he first got to GB? Do you see him do that anymore?

Like SoCal said, how can you have pocket presence when there is none? Give him some time and game experience so he can develop his presence. We all know he can scramble so once he develops his presence he'll be dangerous!

He looks average at best.

GREAT!!! First of all, if he looks average after only his first two starts in preseason games, I can't wait to see what he can do 8 games in, 1 year in, two years in. Second, all we really need this year is average. We have a great team around him and if he can just be average then our receivers can get major YAC yards, Ryan Grant can keep ripping off 100+ yard games, and our D can keep opposing teams out of the endzone. We need a QB that isn't making mistakes. Lest I remind you that sacks are wayyyyy better than forced interceptions.

Mark my words, he's going to come back strong in the Broncos game!

TCamPacFan
08-21-2008, 12:57 PM
We have seen good and bad from rodgers so far in the preseason. but we need to wait until we see him a bit in the regular season before we pass judgment on what he is in relation to the future of this franchise

This is probably the single most intelligent quote I have read on our future with Aaron. Perfectly stated joshin'!

All of you Rodgers haters need to sit back, CALM DOWN, and give him a few games so you don't end up with your foot in your mouth. You can't hang him on his performance after every game, especially preseason. Remember even our lord and savior Brett had bad games, well into his career.

socalpkrbkr
08-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Well done TC:clap:

ugottabjoshinme
08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
stop comparing rodgers to david carr. carr was with tedford for his redshirt freshman season before tedford left. i cant really say he is the product of his system

twelvePack
08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Rodgers lacks presence because he can't read a defense. He is absolutely clueless to where the blitz is coming from. It's funny that with Rodgers mobility, that Favre could avoid the rush better at 38 years old. You know why??? Because Favre knew where it was coming from. Say what you want, but Favre doesn't get sacked on most of those plays.

TCamPacFan
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Rodgers lacks presence because he can't read a defense. He is absolutely clueless to where the blitz is coming from. It's funny that with Rodgers mobility, that Favre could avoid the rush better at 38 years old. You know why??? Because Favre knew where it was coming from. Say what you want, but Favre doesn't get sacked on most of those plays.

I agree that Favre would have avoided a couple of the sacks due to his experience.

Is the basic point of all your posts that you've already decided no matter how much experience Rodgers has, he will never be any good? I need some clarification, because that's what it sounds like to me.

I say if Rodgers is around in 5 years, he will learn to do the same. He just doesn't have the same game time experience, that's all.

And, Favre plays for the Jets now, so it really doesn't matter what Favre would have done.

TCamPacFan
08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
$h!t one more question 12, and answer me honestly.

Do you expect that a QB with no regular season starts, and only two preseason starts to be able to read the defense as well as Favre?

ugottabjoshinme
08-21-2008, 09:41 PM

We all know that Favre will be better than rodgers this season. Rodgers needs experience to know how to avoid those sacks. He can only get that by playing in regular season games. Reading the defense also takes game experience. You have to give the kid a shot before you write him off as bad

socalpkrbkr
08-21-2008, 10:26 PM
^Exactly

Ryan Diesel
08-21-2008, 10:54 PM
We all know that Favre will be better than rodgers this season. Rodgers needs experience to know how to avoid those sacks. He can only get that by playing in regular season games. Reading the defense also takes game experience. You have to give the kid a shot before you write him off as bad

Well maybe you shouldn't trade Favre until you have a QB that can read defenses if you have a superbowl calibur team already built and getting older by the minute.

socalpkrbkr
08-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Well maybe you shouldn't trade Favre until you have a QB that can read defenses if you have a superbowl calibur team already built and getting older by the minute.

Sure some positions are getting older I agree but we have one of the youngest teams in the league. I'm not a Packers fan that was in favor of trading Brett at all but it is what it is so why not get behind Aaron, (no homo) give him some time and a reasonable chance. 2, 3, 4 preseason games just isn't enough time to evaluate a QB.

TCamPacFan
08-22-2008, 12:51 AM

Ryan... Last I checked it wasn't joshin's decision to trade Favre to the Jet's.

Also the last time I checked we were the youngest team in the NFL.

I for one am very excited about the future of our franchise, not just this year. I want to be competitive every year, not just make a run in 2008. There is not a cheesehead in this world that as happy to see Favre retire, but he did. So live with it and move on.

robdizzle3
08-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Most of our success will depend on Rodgers and he doesnt have to play like Brett for us to win because all he has to do is play average for the most part because we have a good in place to help him out.Rodgers will get better as the season goes with game experience and he will play better then average towards the middle of the season when he is more comfortable

mr. burns
08-22-2008, 07:12 AM
$h!t one more question 12, and answer me honestly.

Do you expect that a QB with no regular season starts, and only two preseason starts to be able to read the defense as well as Favre?

I know this post wasn't meatn for me, but I'm going to repley anyway.

I don't expcet that at all, but TT and company were acting like the team would be better off with rodgers over faver THIS YEAR. so far it looks like they were very very wrong. I don't hate rodgers. I'm rooting for him. I don't hate THompson. I think he's a great GM that made one huge mistake. All I'm asking is people start to admit that TT blew it on the whole Favre thing.

If favre looked like ***** this preseason and Rodgers was doing great. We would hear from a lot of people on this forum about how right TT was and how wrong we were. If rodgers continues to struggle and favre continues look good I would hope those same peple would admit they were wrong.

Packerbacker
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Rodgers sucks and always will, he'll either be a backup on another team or out of the league in 5 years. you guys need to quit drinking the kool aid.

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM

I don't expcet that at all, but TT and company were acting like the team would be better off with rodgers over faver THIS YEAR. so far it looks like they were very very wrong. I don't hate rodgers. I'm rooting for him. I don't hate THompson. I think he's a great GM that made one huge mistake. All I'm asking is people start to admit that TT blew it on the whole Favre thing.

If favre looked like ***** this preseason and Rodgers was doing great. We would hear from a lot of people on this forum about how right TT was and how wrong we were. If rodgers continues to struggle and favre continues look good I would hope those same peple would admit they were wrong.

I don't know what to make of the Favre situation anymore. It's over and I'm glad for that. I think both sides screwed this up big time. I agree with you burns that TT blew it. It doesn't really matter whose right and wrong though because our QB is playing in NYC. I'm mad as hell at both of them and I can't get past that. The good thing is I don't have to and I love the Packers regardless.

ugottabjoshinme
08-22-2008, 11:41 AM

I am not sure that mangagement thought we would be better this year with rodgers. Thats not what this was about. This was about sticking to the commitment that they made when Favre retired and not hurting the future of the franchise. Im pretty sure that TT knew we would be better with Favre. Once he made his initial stance, he was just to stubborn to go against it. And for me personally, I cannot admit that TT made the wrong choice. It may have been the wrong choice for this season (cant say we would have won the SB anyway). But IMO, it was the correct choice when looking at the future of the franchise.

TCamPacFan
08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Rodgers sucks and always will, he'll either be a backup on another team or out of the league in 5 years. you guys need to quit drinking the kool aid.

I love it!!! Another unintelligent post, another person I get to give a big FU to later this season!

Kool-Aid??? Not where I live bro.

hawkeye
08-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't know what to make of the Favre situation anymore. It's over and I'm glad for that. I think both sides screwed this up big time. I agree with you burns that TT blew it. It doesn't really matter whose right and wrong though because our QB is playing in NYC. I'm mad as hell at both of them and I can't get past that. The good thing is I don't have to and I love the Packers regardless.

The bottomline here Socal is that TT should have bowed to Brett. Period. It's that simple. Play the better QB. Play the guy that will get you more wins. Play the f-ing guy that gave 16 years of HOF quality play. How can anyone support a GM over the ICON of the most storied franchise in the league is unfathomable - as is planning for the future. This is a WIN NOW league - ask any other GM and they'll tell you that when opportunity is there to win the LOMBARDI trophy, you go all out to do so. TT should be a gm in the arena league, not in the show.

None of the above is based on 2 exhibition games and the fact that Rodgers has looked exceptionally average. It is based on 16 years of fact with #4 having a sic winning percentage and winning more games than anyone in history. This is about winning, not making a nice roster of BS reach draft picks for the FUTURE.

I'm sick of this **** too. Rodgers as well as the interior of the line need to step things up or it's gonna take a miracle to get 7 wins this year.

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I hear posters talking about the "kool aid" the "hype" and "over rated" but where did that come from. I havenít heard anyone say he's going to be the ****, and I havenít heard anyone pumping Aaron up. No one has come out and said the Packers are going to the promise land with Rodgers this season. So where's that idea coming from? Is that because some Packers fans want to give him a chance? I'm all for letting him play out this season before I decide if I want him to lead us into the future. All this Aaron sucks talk is childish. No one has come up with anything good to convince me that that's the case and until I see him play in some ball games that count, no one will.

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 12:01 PM
The bottomline here Socal is that TT should have bowed to Brett. Period. It's that simple. Play the better QB. Play the guy that will get you more wins. Play the f-ing guy that gave 16 years of HOF quality play. How can anyone support a GM over the ICON of the most storied franchise in the league is unfathomable - as is planning for the future. This is a WIN NOW league - ask any other GM and they'll tell you that when opportunity is there to win the LOMBARDI trophy, you go all out to do so. TT should be a gm in the arena league, not in the show.

None of the above is based on 2 exhibition games and the fact that Rodgers has looked exceptionally average. It is based on 16 years of fact with #4 having a sic winning percentage and winning more games than anyone in history. This is about winning, not making a nice roster of BS reach draft picks for the FUTURE.

I'm sick of this **** too. Rodgers as well as the interior of the line need to step things up or it's gonna take a miracle to get 7 wins this year.

I'm all for the thought of a win now league and I think you know that. I wanted Brett back and wouldnít have minded seeing him play for us until he was 40. I know TT ****ed it up but at the same time so did Brett. I love him like no other player but he made his mistakes in this too. The thing that bothers me is the same thing that I got banned for arguing with you when I first joined PSD. I back these players that wear the Green and Gold. I back them until they prove to me theyíre not worthy of my support. Itís as simple as that for me. I'm supporting Aaron just like you and to say that he sucks at this point is childish.

ugottabjoshinme
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM
I hear posters talking about the "kool aid" the "hype" and "over rated" but where did that come from. I havenít heard anyone say he's going to be the ****, and I havenít heard anyone pumping Aaron up. No one has come out and said the Packers are going to the promise land with Rodgers this season. So where's that idea coming from? Is that because some Packers fans want to give him a chance? I'm all for letting him play out this season before I decide if I want him to lead us into the future. All this Aaron sucks talk is childish. No one has come up with anything good to convince me that that's the case and until I see him play in some ball games that count, no one will.

i agree. there are growing pains when you have a young qb. a year might not even be enough to to tell where he is at. He just needs to continue to show progress. I think the problem is that packer fans are use to having such a high level of qb play, that anything less at this point is unacceptable. That is really not a realistic expectation.

hawkeye
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm all for the thought of a win now league and I think you know that. I wanted Brett back and wouldnít have minded seeing him play for us until he was 40. I know TT ****ed it up but at the same time so did Brett. I love him like no other player but he made his mistakes in this too. The thing that bothers me is the same thing that I got banned for arguing with you when I first joined PSD. I back these players that wear the Green and Gold. I back them until they prove to me theyíre not worthy of my support. Itís as simple as that for me. I'm supporting Aaron just like you and to say that he sucks at this point is childish.

I support Rodgers too, just not the GM. I never said he sucked. I also hated it when we picked him. Yes Favre messed up his quest to return, but TT should have backed down. Favre has done 10 times more for the franchise and community than Ted Thompson ever will. It's as simple as that.

Favre is long gone. We absolutely must get behind the guys that suit up. It is what it is, and Aaron has 3 weeks before he faces a damn good defense on Monday night - he needs a good game tonite or there will be a helluva lot more grumbling than there is now in Packerland.

hawkeye
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
i agree. there are growing pains when you have a young qb. a year might not even be enough to to tell where he is at. He just needs to continue to show progress. I think the problem is that packer fans are use to having such a high level of qb play, that anything less at this point is unacceptable. That is really not a realistic expectation.

The realistic expectation is wanting to win NOW when you have a great cast. It was an ego driven mistake that in all likelihood may cost TT his job. To sit back and say "let's just hope Rodgers pans out in a couple years" is assinine. Would that work in your profession? Sheeit NO!

ugottabjoshinme
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
The realistic expectation is wanting to win NOW when you have a great cast. It was an ego driven mistake that in all likelihood may cost TT his job. To sit back and say "let's just hope Rodgers pans out in a couple years" is assinine. Would that work in your profession? Sheeit NO!

I know its hard to say that, but right now we really dont have much choice

Ryan Diesel
08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
And why don't we have much choice?

twelvePack
08-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree that Favre would have avoided a couple of the sacks due to his experience.

Is the basic point of all your posts that you've already decided no matter how much experience Rodgers has, he will never be any good? I need some clarification, because that's what it sounds like to me.

I say if Rodgers is around in 5 years, he will learn to do the same. He just doesn't have the same game time experience, that's all.

And, Favre plays for the Jets now, so it really doesn't matter what Favre would have done.

I'm saying that he isn't very good. Everybody is saying give him time, but how much time does he need??? He is a veteran with three years of coaching almost four, HE SHOULD BE READY. He is what he is right now, no excuses about experience. I'm saying that he doesn't look that good BECAUSE HE ISN'T THAT GOOD. Like the 49er game, everyone making excuses for him, well Kyle Orton looked like a Probowler against the Niners, yeah that's right KYLE ORTON. It's funny how everyone gets so uptight about a few negative observations about Rodgers. Does he need to be coddled???? He is unproven, and until he proves himself he should expect criticism.

dudejcb
08-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't like the way TT handled the Favre thing and would p[refer that Brett still be here. But TT has brought in a lot of talent and now we are where we are and it's uncomfortable. Is that new?

I remember the '70's and that was mighty uncomfortable too, but we always rooted for the Pack regardless. It seems the "fair weather" Packer fans. are coming out of the woodwork lately. Yeah, it's a bummer that 4 is no longer with us, and no one will be able to "replace" him. That said Rodgers has handled the whole sitch with class.

It's embarassing that some GB fans think *****ing Rodgers out personally is an appropriate response. Brett had his tough times in the beginning (and near the end) and Rodgers will too. he will not be THE reason the Pack succeeds or fails all by himslef. it's a team sport. look at Archie mannings career. great quarterback on a sucky team. Our team needs to play together and execute or we're not going anywhere now or in the future.

True Pack fans will always root for those that suit up, hope for the best, and endure the worst. That's what true fans do.

hughest4
08-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm saying that he isn't very good. Everybody is saying give him time, but how much time does he need??? He is a veteran with three years of coaching almost four, HE SHOULD BE READY. He is what he is right now, no excuses about experience. I'm saying that he doesn't look that good BECAUSE HE ISN'T THAT GOOD. Like the 49er game, everyone making excuses for him, well Kyle Orton looked like a Probowler against the Niners, yeah that's right KYLE ORTON. It's funny how everyone gets so uptight about a few negative observations about Rodgers. Does he need to be coddled???? He is unproven, and until he proves himself he should expect criticism.

Sure he is a veteran and should be ready to an extent, but he is also extremely inexperienced. You can't learn the speed of an NFL game by sitting on the sidelines for 3 years. I just don't understand how you could say he isn't that good when all we have ever seen was 2 pre-season games.

nachopudding
08-22-2008, 07:20 PM
I know its hard to say that, but right now we really dont have much choice

And part of what is great about the team we have now is that they are young as well and will get better as (if) Rodgers also gets better. So we re not building to win NOW, which would result in winning just now, but building for being great many years to come as well. I would much rather have a dynasty, let me rephrase that, a team that is super bowl contenders 4-5 years in a row than to have a SB this year and nothing the many years after.

ugottabjoshinme
08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
And part of what is great about the team we have now is that they are young as well and will get better as (if) Rodgers also gets better. So we re not building to win NOW, which would result in winning just now, but building for being great many years to come as well. I would much rather have a dynasty, let me rephrase that, a team that is super bowl contenders 4-5 years in a row than to have a SB this year and nothing the many years after.

That is exactly what I am talking about.

ugottabjoshinme
08-22-2008, 09:01 PM

I dont see how he can possibly be as ready as you expect without having game experience. There are so many things that need to be learned on the field that cannot be learned in practice. Every qb (including brett) has growing pains coming into the league

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:10 PM
He looked pretty good tonight. :D

18/22 193 yards 8.8 avg 1TD

newdude
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry to spoil u Socal, but P.R.E.S.E.A.S.O.N.

Lol, no, he looked pretty good. Great rebound from last week.

wwfd1220
08-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Jared Allen is going to kill Aaron Rodgers with a knife.

wow, did you come up with this statement by yourself ?? real class act you are .

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Sorry to spoil u Socal, but P.R.E.S.E.A.S.O.N.

Lol, no, he looked pretty good. Great rebound from last week.

It doesn't matter if it's preseason or not, Rodgers looked a lot better this week and I'm happy about that.

newdude
08-22-2008, 11:19 PM
It doesn't matter if it's preseason or not, Rodgers looked a lot better this week and I'm happy about that.

Joke, dude, it's a joke:p

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm just saying...

dbroncos78087
08-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Looks like Aaron has done pretty well in the game, his stat line:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
A. Rodgers 18/22 193 1 0

socalpkrbkr
08-22-2008, 11:29 PM
It looks better that way^

hawkeye
08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Jared Allen is going to kill Aaron Rodgers with a knife.

I would be more afraid if I was driving or walking in the vacinity of Jared Allen while he was driving drunk - you know, like he always does.

Oh. and Rodgers looked very good last night!

duncky1188
08-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I would be more afraid if I was driving or walking in the vacinity of Jared Allen while he was driving drunk - you know, like he always does.

Harsh dude. But very very true.

TCamPacFan
08-23-2008, 04:53 PM

Not asking for coddling... I guess I just don't understand how you can be so quick to judge. And riding the bench for three years is not experience. It would be like sitting on a boat and watching someone wakeboard for three summers, and then thinking you could get out there and be as good as them. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it?

And how about that game last night, I thought he looked pretty sharp. But it's still just one game. He has to do that consistently before I call him great. He's on his way, he's just not there yet.

Go Pack Go!

TCamPacFan
08-23-2008, 04:59 PM

Right on man... It's so nice to hear someone else thinking about more than just one year. Great post bro! :clap:

robdizzle3
08-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Once Adrian Peterson goes down they will be done and he will be gone when Al Harris hits him again.