PDA

View Full Version : How many ACC teams will be in the top 25 at the end of the season?

njdevs25
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
i say clemson, va tech BC miami florida st and maryland

BullsFan_1
08-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Clemson, VT and...well, I dont really see (at this point) anybody that can make a significant argument for it right now.

Miami, FSU, UNC, BC, and Maryland are fairly close though.

njdevs25
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
its going to be an interesting year for the ACC I wonder how Wake Forest is going to do also

hughest4
08-11-2008, 10:46 PM
At the end of the season i think we will have either 3 or 4, but throughout the season i think there will be about 6. IMO, Clemson and Virginia Tech are locks to be in it. Clemson has to much talent and Va Tech is always consistently good. I think Boston College could land somewhere in the 20's just because their defense is so good...or at least it should be. Wake Forest is very talented and i think they could be a possibility. The year after i think Miami will be back in it

homestarunner93
08-31-2008, 11:55 PM
I'll say two at the end: Clemson and Wake Forest.

steelcityroller
09-01-2008, 02:39 AM
i say clemson, va tech BC miami florida st and maryland

So you think 6 teams from the ACC are gonna be in the top 25 by the end of the season? Everyone has their own opinion. However considering that they had 3 teams (Clemson, VT and Wake Forrest) in the top 25 to start the season and 2 of those teams lost their first game.... Doesnt look very promising.

You look around the NCAA and I think there are too many solid teams to have 6 ACC teams in the top 25. I mean there are several teams in each conference that you can almost consider a lock to be ranked this year.

ACC

Clemson
Virginia Tech

Big East

West Virginia
South Florida

Big 10

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Illinois

Big 12

Missouri
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Texas Tech

SEC

Georgia
Florida
LSU
Auburn
Tennessee

Pac10

USC
Oregon
Arizona State

Thats 21 teams that I would almost consider locks to be ranked this year. Then you have teams like Fresno State, Boise State, Utah, Alabama, Brigham Young, Pittsburgh and Rutgers etc. that all have great shots at being ranked. I would say that there will be 3 teams from the ACC ranked at the end of the year.

hughest4
09-01-2008, 07:14 AM
So you think 6 teams from the ACC are gonna be in the top 25 by the end of the season? Everyone has their own opinion. However considering that they had 3 teams (Clemson, VT and Wake Forrest) in the top 25 to start the season and 2 of those teams lost their first game.... Doesnt look very promising.

You look around the NCAA and I think there are too many solid teams to have 6 ACC teams in the top 25. I mean there are several teams in each conference that you can almost consider a lock to be ranked this year.

ACC

Clemson
Virginia Tech

Big East

West Virginia
South Florida

Big 10

Ohio State
Wisconsin
Penn State
Illinois

Big 12

Missouri
Oklahoma
Texas
Kansas
Texas Tech

SEC

Georgia
Florida
LSU
Auburn
Tennessee

Pac10

USC
Oregon
Arizona State

Thats 21 teams that I would almost consider locks to be ranked this year. Then you have teams like Fresno State, Boise State, Utah, Alabama, Brigham Young, Pittsburgh and Rutgers etc. that all have great shots at being ranked. I would say that there will be 3 teams from the ACC ranked at the end of the year.

I agree with your number being ranked at the end of this year but i disagree with a few of the teams on your list. However, thats not what this whole discussion is about. I think 6 is just mathmatically to many especially for a conference that is considered "weak". That would mean that there were 19 more spots for the 5 major conferences and everyone else...just doesn't seem right