PDA

View Full Version : NBDL v.s. NCAA champions

t-mac1nukka
08-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Who would win a game between the best NBDL team and the best college basketball team...not of all time just generally speaking. i was just thinking of this the other day. you could argue that the NBDL are all players who were able to make it further than D1 and not all college players will do that...but there are the players on the surpass that and are instant stars in the NBA. so who wins? thoughts?

bball1217
08-11-2008, 03:03 PM
It would be fun to watch. However I would say the college NCAA Champion.

They probably have a future all-star and some other players who could make it to the NBA.

Remember that Florida team from a couple years back had 3 top 10 draft picks.

cambovenzi
08-11-2008, 03:09 PM
i would be tempted to say NBDL.
players are older, which means they have more experience.
and generally all guys with some kind of NBA potential.

depends on who the champion is.
a loaded NCAA team would probably win.

jetsfan28
08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
NCAA team would dominate. The best NBDL team has a few 2nd rounders and a ton of undrafted guys. The best NCAA team has 3 or 4 first rounders.

18colts29
08-11-2008, 03:13 PM
UNC will beat any NBDL team I think, except for Albuquerque Thunderbirds if they have D.J. Strawberry, Alando Tucker, and Juluis Hodge like they did at the start of the year, because that is 80 ppg just from them 3.

Jay22Redd
08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
NCAA team. I like them more and thhey will go all out to win so that they can get to the pros. They'd especially win if the were at home with their fans.

midwestmadman
08-11-2008, 03:29 PM
NBDL would win the game. There would still be a good 10 guys on a championship caliber NCAA team that will not be drafted and not even be good enough to play in the D-Leauge. There are many players that were drafted in the 1st round and were sent down to report to the D-League affiliate to whom ever they were drafted by. Many of them former college stars and standouts, guys that played on teams that one National Championships.

Kyle N.
08-12-2008, 03:19 AM
I'd have to go with the D-league team because a lot of the NCAA championship players won't make it to the NBA, and they have more expirience.

DaddyCool
08-12-2008, 03:36 AM
D-Leaguers have more experience and some are decent. like Chris Quinn.

jetsfan28
08-12-2008, 03:46 AM
D-Leaguers have more experience and some are decent. like Chris Quinn.

Chris Quinn wasn't on the best team.

For reference, last year's NBDL champions, the Idaho Stampede:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho_Stampede#Roster

Now, last year's NCAA champions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007-08_Kansas_Jayhawks_men%27s_basketball_team#Roster

Arthur, Chalmers, Jackson, Kahn, Robinson, Rush, Collins, Aldrich, there are at least 3 legit NBA players on that team, probably more.

jjizle
08-12-2008, 04:06 AM
i think the D League would win, you have older more experienced guys, some with NBA experience, and you have to figure that every player in the D League was a major contributor to his college team, so essentially you have somewhat of a college "all star that didn't make the nba" team, whereas even on the best college teams you'll have 1 maybe 2 nba players not counting the extremes like Florida from a couple years ago and UConn back when they had Emeka, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva etc..

Aiwokote
08-12-2008, 04:35 AM
I think it would greatly depend on which rules you'd play by; college or NBA. The team familiar with the rules and intricacies of the game format will win.