PDA

View Full Version : Free Agents PG

Chris36Chambers
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Here are the Pg that are still available in Free Agency. I ranked them on by potential, skill & team need. So this is my order of the best PG available w/scouting report.

Jannero Pargo Good shooter... Above average quickness... Very active defender... Not a great playmaker.

Shaun Livingston Very big for point guard standards...Great vision of the court... Good ballhandling skills...Takes care of the ball...Not a great threat from beyond the arc...Too weak...A terrible injury has put his career in jeopardy.

Dan Dickau Good shooter... Above average ballhandling skills... Pretty flashy... Lacks quickness, strength and athleticism.

Sam Cassell A shoot-first, pass-second point guard... One of the smartest players in the NBA... Make a wrong move and he will get the foul, the basket and the free throw... Likes to post up smaller opponents... Superb shooter, especially from mid-range... Has a great character... Always talking to his teammates, to his rivals, to the officials... Sometimes goes out of control... Bad defender... Lacks athleticism... Breaking down physically.

Damon Stoudamire Pretty quick... Good in the open court... Not that good in halfcourt offense... More than decent scorer... Poor shooting percentages... Not a pure point guard... Rookie of the Year in 1996... Has not lived up to the expectations ever since.

Lindsey Hunter Tough defensive player... Good shooter... Not a brilliant playmaker... Still in very good physical shape.

Smush Parker Has good size for the point guard position... Can play the two spot... Pretty good athlete... Gets lots of steals... Turnover prone... Needs to develop his playmaking skills... Inconsistent.

Quinton Ross Good defensive player... Excels in the open court... Good rebounder for his size.

Jeff McInnis Plays under control... Takes care of the ball... Oversized for his position... Can post up other point guards... Good mid-range shot... Not a great three-point shooter... Good defender when he wants to... Can play some shooting guard... Not a great locker room presence.

Derek Anderson Quite explosive... Dangerous one-on-one... Even more dangerous in transition game... Can both drive to the basket or shoot the ball... Streaky shooter... Has not been healthy very often lately.

Anthony Carter Lacks offensive skills... Terrible jump shot... Great attitude... Takes care of the ball... Very good on the defensive end.

John Lucas Good 3 mid range and outside shot...avg defender at best...needs to work on playmaking skills

Chris36Chambers
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I like Pargo for 3 reasons 1) he has a sick 3 point shot 2) he is a good defender & 3) he is one of the most clutch players in the league...he is not afraid to hit the big shot....those are also Jameer's biggest flaws so I think he would compliment Jameer nicely by being his back up & Orlando's change of pace pg

Reezy
08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Of course I want Pargo, but I'd be willing to bet Otis wouldn't get him because that would actually be a good move.

*Superman*
08-11-2008, 01:58 PM
^ Pargo would be a good addition, he would bring offense of the bench, but i agree, he is to unrealistic for Otis to get, Otis is blind to good talent. All i really want is Pargo or Livingston, but Livingston isn't even inconsideration for us.

Reezy
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
If we're just talking about PGs in general (not just FAs), I would love Critt.

*Superman*
08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Have you seen him play, personally i haven't but i know he has great height and that he is fast.

Reezy
08-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Have you seen him play, personally i haven't but i know he has great height and that he is fast.
Yeah dude, Georgia Tech and with the Lakers.

*Superman*
08-11-2008, 10:49 PM
^So would you give up a 1st and JJ for him?

Reezy
08-12-2008, 02:32 AM
^So would you give up a 1st and JJ for him?
Probably not, but that nimrod who watches too much South Park over at the Grizzlies forum thinks he can get Dwight Howard and a 1st for Critt apparently.

He probably still can't get over the fact that they let go of Pau Gasol for a pack of Big Red.

*Superman*
08-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Probably not, but that nimrod who watches too much South Park over at the Grizzlies forum thinks he can get Dwight Howard and a 1st for Critt apparently.

He probably still can't get over the fact that they let go of Pau Gasol for a pack of Big Red.

Haha, if we traded Dwight to them, i would want their whole team. What an idiot if he is being serious.

Chris36Chambers
08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Haha, if we traded Dwight to them, i would want their whole team. What an idiot if he is being serious.

Literally Dwight should hold the single roster spot on that team & we need about 5 1st rd draft picks lol

*Superman*
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
^Haha, that would be great, getting a 1st draft pick for 5 years.lol

*Superman*
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
OK now we can add Delonte West to that list. Mo Williams is headed to Cleveland and they will be looking into moving him. IDK what his value is but he would be great for the team. I'm sure JJ, Cook and/or Bogans for him might get it done. If not i would throw in a 1st or 2nd. This makes perfect sense because him and Jameer played at the same college and are real good friends. Also he is a proven player unlike Critt, although Critt brings in D. What do you guys think? It would also have to be a S&T so match him up to JJ, Bogans and Cook's contract which is about 7M for all and 5M for JJ and Cook.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3841

atomik102
08-14-2008, 01:39 AM
didnt west go to europe? or was that only arroyo and earl (we have a lost child on the court) boykins, and who ever else is going over there to be stars lol

*Superman*
08-14-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm pretty sure those were fake rumors, and he is still here. The Cavs will try to S&T him.

ragee
08-14-2008, 11:29 AM

They got something out of the Gasol trade... Kwame's expiring contract... That is a good deal for them cox they are trying to rebuild...

Anyway, I would want Pargo... There are no other good backup pg out there... I would pick Damon in his prime but he is way past that... I WANTED JASON OR MARCUS WILLIAMS! Stupid Otis!

Reezy
08-14-2008, 12:33 PM
To quote Stephen A Smith, it's not all about contracts.

*Superman*
08-14-2008, 02:34 PM
It was a stupid trade, but they weren't getting anywhere with him too. Why not save up money for 2010.

*Superman*
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Pargo is off the list, he went to Russia for 1 year 4M.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Delonte West is a option, being from Cleveland I can say a good option for you guys. Cleveland will be asking for decent talent in return, maybe a big man, any ideas on that?

They also could be trying to get a SG that can play solid perimeter defense, any ideas on that?

*Superman*
08-16-2008, 12:53 AM
^ I posted something in one of the Cavs forum asking about him. I already said that all we would be offering is JJ(SG), Bogans(SG), and Cook(PF). I am not sure if you guys would be intrested in any, but we are already short on big men and would not get rid of Tony Battie, because we need him. IDK if you see a deal in that, but i wouldn't mind throwing in a 1st rounder.

We just signed MP for our perimeter D, but Bogans is OK off the bench. Cook is a big that can shoot 3's and thats about it, and everyone knows what JJ can do.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-16-2008, 01:32 AM
^ I posted something in one of the Cavs forum asking about him. I already said that all we would be offering is JJ(SG), Bogans(SG), and Cook(PF). I am not sure if you guys would be intrested in any, but we are already short on big men and would not get rid of Tony Battie, because we need him. IDK if you see a deal in that, but i wouldn't mind throwing in a 1st rounder.

We just signed MP for our perimeter D, but Bogans is OK off the bench. Cook is a big that can shoot 3's and thats about it, and everyone knows what JJ can do.

What kind of defense does Bogans play?

*Superman*
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
What kind of defense does Bogans play?

He is decent man, the reason why he started in the beginning for us was because we needed some D at the 2. I am not saying he is a starter, but he is a OK bench player, he reminds me of Bowen, they both like to shoot the 3 from the corner and play D, but no way is he.

macc
08-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Honestly none of these point guards listed are anyone I'm to excited about, I would like to see us save up and make a run at Jason Kidd or Andre Miller next year. Jason Kidd is aging and could be had for possible on the cheaper side. Prob a 1st Rounder and a couple role players. I doubt we're going to win a championship with what we have now so we might as well work towards next year or the year after that.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I doubt Jason Kidd would want to make his run with the Magic, might as well go to the Lakers or another Western Conference team.