PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Looking at Mo Williams?

phlp_bj
08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
The Cavaliers are reportedly interested in acquiring point guard Mo Williams from the Bucks, according to The News-Herald.

A league source claims that details of a proposed detail aren't known, but Cleveland, Milwaukee and Oklahoma City are rumored to be involved.

http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt

batman8040
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I read an article about the cavs looking into Mo Williams from the Bucks. Makes no sense to me if they plan on keeping West. What do you guys think?

D_Boy_bruno
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
guys im telling you the best thing for the cavs to do iz 1st sign delonte west to a 1yr contract and jus tell him that next yr we will probably resign and extend your contract based on your performace this yr.....guys u have to work and show you deserve better......he has to earn dat respect even though he iz a starter.......finally if he doesnt prove to be that pg starter we need next deadline/offseason we could sign a better pg lik a jkidd,iverson/bibby........the bad thng about all of this is that the more we wait to do something the worse could hapen........ we have 2 yrs left 2 make lebron happy......so what do you guys think

ohiobackground
08-11-2008, 01:11 PM
iz and dat ? What planet are you from ??? SPEAK ENGLISH !

Jay22Redd
08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Go get em

Cavs_Fan24
08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
can you put a link to the article that you read??

HOZ THE KNICK
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
he may workout for yar......he's a chucker though.

Westbrook36
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I dont think hes a Chucker at all.. Do you see his stats?

Westbrook36
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
17/6/3 With 0.480 FG %, 0.385 Three %, and 0.856 Free Throw %

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I would love to have Williams!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
http://news-herald.townnews.com/articles/2008/08/10/sports/doc489e70ff6f55c301173198.txt

All I am going to say is I would love to have him. He would be perfect in my opinion.

tonyd3b54
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
idont think the cavs need help at pg... they need guys who can be spot up shooters... lebron handles the ball 90% of the time anyway...

bogdanrom
08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Mo Williams will definitely help. He can be a Top 10 PG with Lebron. The problem is the Cavs won't do it. I always see articles about trading for this guy, and trading for that guy, but it never happens. Or you get an old Ben Wallace, and Wally. Let's face it Lebron is basically stuck with what he has unless he comes out and says he need help, like Kobe did. Threaten the organization by saying he wants a trade or that he will leave

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Mo Williams will definitely help. He can be a Top 10 PG with Lebron. The problem is the Cavs won't do it. I always see articles about trading for this guy, and trading for that guy, but it never happens. Or you get an old Ben Wallace, and Wally. Let's face it Lebron is basically stuck with what he has unless he comes out and says he need help, like Kobe did. Threaten the organization by saying he wants a trade or that he will leave

It's very irritating if your a Cavalier fan.

Jay22Redd
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
idont think the cavs need help at pg... they need guys who can be spot up shooters... lebron handles the ball 90% of the time anyway...

But I thought Delonte left

bogdanrom
08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
It's very irritating if your a Cavalier fan.

I bet. I remember rumors about Leandro Barbosa, Michael Redd, Vince Carter and others. I'll be so mad. Because Redd or Carter could really help this team. Can you picture Lebron to Vince, or Vince to Lebron

Lakersfan2483
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
The Cavs need a legit 2nd option on their team to help Lebron James. They need to add a player like Vince Carter, or Michael Redd. They could even try to add a big man like a Chris Bosh.

bogdanrom
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
^ Bosh wouldn't leave Toronto. He's in a good situation.

MiamiHeat
08-11-2008, 07:35 PM
he will help Lebron

Cavs_Fan24
08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Mo Williams would be an excellent addition. hopefully he makes a significant impact in the next 2 seasons (if he comes here) to try and get LeBron to sign a new contract wiht the Cavs

Sbank
08-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I like to get Williams. If we get him West would be out and in the deal. We could do a sign and trade with West since he not helping with the contract situation.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I like to get Williams. If we get him West would be out and in the deal. We could do a sign and trade with West since he not helping with the contract situation.

I don't care if we lose West for Williams, Williams will be good for a while. While West may not get any better.

Sbank
08-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't care if we lose West for Williams, Williams will be good for a while. While West may not get any better.

I agree that Williams be good for a while. The rumor has us trading West while Williams would be in as our point guard. West might not get any better but he help us last year at point guard but if we can get a point guard like Williams you have to make the trade since he better overall.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I agree that Williams be good for a while. The rumor has us trading West while Williams would be in as our point guard. West might not get any better but he help us last year at point guard but if we can get a point guard like Williams you have to make the trade since he better overall.

Trading West makes the most sense to me. I wouldn't mind that at all, we would still have expiring contracts in Wally, and Andy who I can almost count on them to be traded.

This could be the 1st step to our big three who knows. I would like to have Williams A LOT.

dbroncs-abraves
08-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Trading West makes the most sense to me. I wouldn't mind that at all, we would still have expiring contracts in Wally, and Andy who I can almost count on them to be traded.

This could be the 1st step to our big three who knows. I would like to have Williams A LOT.

i agree i would love to have him

Sbank
08-11-2008, 10:05 PM

You also forget Joe Smith has experiencing contract also but I don't see us trading him. But Ferry made the deal to get better last year with that big trade but I think he got the expiring contracts for this year so we could get a super star and make us better then we are right now.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 10:10 PM
You also forget Joe Smith has experiencing contract also but I don't see us trading him. But Ferry made the deal to get better last year with that big trade but I think he got the expiring contracts for this year so we could get a super star and make us better then we are right now.

The expiring contracts I think we will trade are:
varejao
Sczcerbiak
Jones

#1Mavericksfan
08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
This would be a nice pick up if Mo Williams can stay healthy.

Sbank
08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
The expiring contracts I think we will trade are:
varejao
Sczcerbiak
Jones

Varejao and Sczcerbiak are the most attractive name we have that teams would want in the deals. I just hope Varejao doesn't block a move when we have a deal for trading him.

cameroncrazies2
08-12-2008, 09:17 PM
The proposed deal, reported earlier, is:

Milwaukee receives-
Luke Ridnour

Cleveland receives-
Mo Williams

Oklahoma City receives-
Joe Smith

I'm a little confused about the trade though...the report I got was that the trade was just being held up by Milwaukee and Milwaukee only had to sign off on it for it to be official, but the Cavaliers would be taking in quite a bit more salary than they're giving away and financially, it wouldn't work under the CBA so their may be some role players/smaller contracts and draft picks thrown around as well.

Celebrate Cavs fans....

I'm a longtime Bucks fan and I will be sad to see Mo go. He was great for us, but he just doesn't fit into the system anymore. He is a bit of a chucker to be honest with you, remember during the 08' playoffs when it seemed like West was a bit erratic with his shots? Mo does some of the same stuff, but he can really fill it up in a hurry. He's not an excellent facilitator, but who needs that when Lebron is your facilitator? The other thing is, over the last few seasons, Mo has had to fight for every shot, because their wasn't a great threat on the Bucks besides Redd's streaky shooting at times, so when the arc and lanes open up for Mo from Lebron, I think Mo will really explode and become a really good #2 guy. He's also an incredibly underrated rebounder for the PG position.

Sbank
08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
The proposed deal, reported earlier, is:

Milwaukee receives-
Luke Ridnour

Cleveland receives-
Mo Williams

Oklahoma City receives-
Joe Smith

I'm a little confused about the trade though...the report I got was that the trade was just being held up by Milwaukee and Milwaukee only had to sign off on it for it to be official, but the Cavaliers would be taking in quite a bit more salary than they're giving away and financially, it wouldn't work under the CBA so their may be some role players/smaller contracts and draft picks thrown around as well.

Celebrate Cavs fans....

I'm a longtime Bucks fan and I will be sad to see Mo go. He was great for us, but he just doesn't fit into the system anymore. He is a bit of a chucker to be honest with you, remember during the 08' playoffs when it seemed like West was a bit erratic with his shots? Mo does some of the same stuff, but he can really fill it up in a hurry. He's not an excellent facilitator, but who needs that when Lebron is your facilitator? The other thing is, over the last few seasons, Mo has had to fight for every shot, because their wasn't a great threat on the Bucks besides Redd's streaky shooting at times, so when the arc and lanes open up for Mo from Lebron, I think Mo will really explode and become a really good #2 guy. He's also an incredibly underrated rebounder for the PG position.

do you have a link for the trade?

According to NBA sources, Bucks guard Mo Williams could soon be headed to Cleveland as part of a three-team trade. Oklahoma City's Luke Ridnour would likely go to Milwaukee, and Cleveland could include Delonte West via sign-and-trade and/or send Joe Smith's expiring $4.8 million contract to OKC.
Williams has five years and $43 million remaining on his contract, which the Bucks appear ready to shed -- it's less of a gamble after watching Ramon Sessions average 11.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 11.3 assists in the final 10 games of last season. Meanwhile, Ridnour's departure would clear the way for the ascension of Russell Westbrook in the OKC backcourt. It sounds like a no-brainer for the Cavs, who sacrifice future cap space for an explosive scorer at PG, but keep in mind this is all speculative until the contracts are signed.

Rotoworld (http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=973)
If this is true we got better and we still have three expiring contracts we could use in another trade.

IndiansFan337
08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
All sides would likely be thrilled with this, assuming Cleveland is willing to take on that guaranteed money. I'm not so sure that they would either. Because we'd then be stuck in mediocrity longer if LeBron did bolt in 2010.

Anyhow, both Milwaukee & Seattle would love to get out from under the long term contracts of those two PG's.

IndiansFan337
08-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I read an article about the cavs looking into Mo Williams from the Bucks. Makes no sense to me if they plan on keeping West. What do you guys think?

We wouldn't keep West if we brought in Mo & his big contract.

IndiansFan337
08-12-2008, 10:20 PM

West likely would not be in the deal. Why would Seattle want him back? Remember, they traded him to the Cavs. And West wouldn't agree to a S&T unless he gets the contract that he wants. And I don't think Seattle wants to give any PG a long term contract after what happened with Ridnour & Watson, as well as just drafting Westbrook to play PG.

Smith will only get dealt if they feel that Hickson is able to deliver some offense from the backup PF/C positions this season.

Sbank
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM
West likely would not be in the deal. Why would Seattle want him back? Remember, they traded him to the Cavs. And West wouldn't agree to a S&T unless he gets the contract that he wants. And I don't think Seattle wants to give any PG a long term contract after what happened with Ridnour & Watson, as well as just drafting Westbrook to play PG.

Smith will only get dealt if they feel that Hickson is able to deliver some offense from the backup PF/C positions this season.

West wouldn't go back to Oklahoma.
Hickson from the rookie games looked like he can be an offense player but it not worth mention it since playing with some rookies and some D league players trying to impress teams.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM
I wasn't saying he would get traded I was just mentioning that it wouldn't be bad for us, if that was the case.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 12:47 AM
So is this official, or just about?

cameroncrazies2
08-13-2008, 02:29 AM
It is most certainly not official. The deal is still in Milwaukee's hands, they need to sign off on it before it can be anywhere near official and I'm not sure Milwaukee wants to finalize this deal yet...I mean, they get a borderline starter who never had his breakout for an 18/7/3 a night PG....maybe more can be thrown Seattle's way to lure Jeff Green to Milwaukee.

batman8040
08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
It looks like the Mo Williams trade might actually happen!

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
maybe more can be thrown Seattle's way to lure Jeff Green to Milwaukee.

There's zero chance of that happening.