PDA

View Full Version : Boozer won't rule out Europe

phlp_bj
08-11-2008, 08:27 AM
With big-bucks, multi-year deals recently drawing NBA players like Josh Childress and Carlos Arroyo to play international ball overseas, could Carlos Boozer be drawn away by foreign interests? Boozer, who is eligible to opt out of the final season of his six-year, $68-million contract next offseason, said he would be open to all offers - including with a foreign team. "As a business decision, we definitely would have to look at it," said Boozer, in Beijing as a second-time Olympian. "But it doesn't mean that you're on the next flight out." He said he would "absolutely" consider the possibility, "if my wife was down with it and the money was right."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/61653#tr_61653_comments

blujaysrock
08-11-2008, 08:31 AM
WTF another player thinking about Europe

Yogi
08-11-2008, 08:35 AM
WTF another player thinking about Europe

You can't tell me you wouldn't go over there for more money.

DaddyCool
08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
They don't have enough money too! J-Chill is the highest paid player in Euro and he makes 10 mill a year. Boozer demands at least 15. Possibly 20. No way it happens.

DenButsu
08-11-2008, 08:46 AM
That's one player I don't mind at all taking an overseas job.

bostncelts34
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
why do people make these threads? EVERY player would CONSIDER going to europe for that kind of money.

LakerzDQ
08-11-2008, 08:53 AM
don't you see a pattern?
these guys are all from the USA team. they're all gonna say the same thing, and scare David Stern into lifting the salary cap. it's their plot they made during one of their practices. If I was to guess, probably Tayshaun Prince planned it all, because he's such a greedy bastard.

JAZZNC
08-11-2008, 09:03 AM
How many of these threads do we need? Everyone on Team USA is going to get asked these questions and they all are going to have the same response, "I'll consider it". It's no big deal until somebody really big leaves. Childress isn't a big time player in the NBA by any stretch of the imagination.

IndiansFan337
08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Of course a player isn't going to say he won't go overseas, even if he has no intention whatsoever of doing so.

If he comes out & says that, he then loses leverage in contract negotiations.

And he also makes himself less appealing overseas, which especially wouldn't be a good idea right now for someone who is representing our country in the Olympics.

bogdanrom
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
They don't have enough money too! J-Chill is the highest paid player in Euro and he makes 10 mill a year. Boozer demands at least 15. Possibly 20. No way it happens.

Childress is not the highest player in Europe because that's how much they can pay him. That's how much he's worth to that team. Don' tell me that a billionaire can play Lebron only $10 million per year. Stop saying that Europe cannot pay these players that much because they can, will they I don' know. Depends on the owners, fans, and of course the players. Get your facts straight before you misinform others.

NYstateofMinD
08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
don't you see a pattern?
these guys are all from the USA team. they're all gonna say the same thing, and scare David Stern into lifting the salary cap. it's their plot they made during one of their practices. If I was to guess, probably Tayshaun Prince planned it all, because he's such a greedy bastard.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Wow ahh that was funny but Boozer is the greedy one scumbaging the blind Cavs owner.

cambovenzi
08-11-2008, 10:49 AM
some of you kids are funny. everyone will "consider" going for a ridiculous amount of money.

why do people make these threads? EVERY player would CONSIDER going to europe for that kind of money.

completely agree.
smart from a business standpoint.

doesnt mean they are all leaving.

Dark Donnie
08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
How many of these threads do we need? Everyone on Team USA is going to get asked these questions and they all are going to have the same response, "I'll consider it". It's no big deal until somebody really big leaves. Childress isn't a big time player in the NBA by any stretch of the imagination.

Exactly.....