PDA

View Full Version : Who fills in for Wake's 2 starts?

BouGa
08-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Since we moved Masterson in the pen and are trying to convert him into a bullpen guy, do hey really want to put him bnack in the starting role and than put him back in the pen after?

Id like one of our studs from the minors to come up and try and take a spot away from the terrible Clay right now.

Colon won't be back for a couple more weeks I believe, so wouldn't mind a rookie to come up and try and shine in the 5th slow and send Clay back to the minors for a very long time.

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Pauley? Zink? Bowden?

RedSoxRok34
08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
id say zink, but i think he just pitched so it'd be short rest. bowden tho would be well rested, and the sox seem to like giving their young guns an early taste of the majors.

RedSoxtober
08-11-2008, 09:34 AM
IMO Pauley is the best pick. Problem is he started Friday/Saturday and would go on short rest. The alternative might be to push Lester up a day and bring Pauley in behind him.

Anyway, Pauley makes the most sense because he's already been in the majors. Coming to MLB is a tough enough jump, let alone coming up in the middle of the pennant race. Pauley has the fewest adjustments to make in that regard.

Nickday
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
roto says zink!

Tragedy
08-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Yep, it's Zink. I put a thread up for discussion on that move.