PDA

View Full Version : Do We Need A Veteran QB?

SC PackerGuy
08-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone think we need to find some kind of veteran QB? I don't know of any available YET, but I am sure some will get cut. I like our QB's, but not a single NFL start on the roster. I'm not implying Rodgers is fragile, ,more like bad luck, but with the talent this team has, I would feel comfortable with an experienced presence to manage the game should Rodgers get hurt or struggle.

WestTexasPacker
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't think we will, because if TT had any intentions of having a vet around he would have had the jets thrown in pennington. unless he just really thought pennington sucked hahah

Soup Nazi
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Nope, Brian Brohm is going to be a stud. He will learn the offense and he will be better than any veteran the Pack could bring in.

XJW18
08-10-2008, 10:27 PM
i think if they were gonna get a veteran they wouldve already.

newdude
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, I think we need a veteren as a reasurrance, but we're not going to get one.

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
No, we don't need to keep 4 QBs.

RcrkllrH2
08-10-2008, 10:50 PM
i think if they were gonna get a veteran they wouldve already.

bingo!

hughest4
08-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Ehh, veteran experience is always good on the field but i don't know if there is anyone worth picking up at this point. Brian Brohm has no experience in the NFL but he is a smart kid and should pick up the offense pretty quickly. Still, i'm hoping A-Rod stays healthy and that neither of these rooks see the field...this year

WSUJJ
08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
We need daute give him 1.4 instead of 1 mil

or Bryon leftwhich he used to be a star in Jacksonville

TheBookie
08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I would say yes, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

bELIeve in Eli
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Leftwich signed with the Steelers today

hughest4
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM

Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper just recently tried out for the Pittsburgh Steelers abd they went with Leftwich to be their backup QB behind Big Ben. I'm not a huge fan of Culpepper and am not sure how well he would fit in here in Green Bay

Brunner
08-11-2008, 02:55 AM
Like others have said, I think we do need a vet QB, but there isn't crap available at the moment. The league is full of relatively new talent at the QB position.

WSUJJ
08-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Bryon was good =D

BrewCityBuck
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM

Byron Leftwich? Ugh. Byron Leftwich, a star in Jacksonville? When?

He signed with the Steelers anyway.

I'd rather play Brian Brohm than any of the ****** QB's in FA.

socalpkrbkr
08-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd rather play Brian Brohm than any of the ****** QB's in FA.

Exactly, we don't need a free agent QB. TT has decided we wont get one unless its obvious we need one. I hear Matt Flynn is holding his own and has really come on strong in the recent practices. Brohm and Flynn are splitting the back up snaps in camp.

hawkeye
08-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Not grabbing a vet at QB is a move that I agree with TT on. We're not gonna win anything of significance this year anyway, might as well bring all 3 of the kiddie QB's along slowly. Can't wait to see these guys play tonite!

Rtardz
08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I would say we could use a good vet. I would feel a little more comfortable with a little more experience. But it also could be very good for Brohm`s growth. Especially if A-Rod doesn`t pan out.

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
General manager Ted Thompson said he liked rookie quarterbacks Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn even more now than he did before the Cincinnati game.

"Did they at times look like rookies in their first preseason game?" Thompson said. "Yeah, but a lot of that has to do with the chaos that happens in the second half of a preseason game."

One option would be for Thompson to sign a veteran quarterback. The unemployed list includes Daunte Culpepper, Tim Rattay, Tim Hasselbeck, Jamie Martin, Kelly Holcomb, David Greene and Craig Nall.

With nine draft choices for 2009, including extra picks in the fourth and sixth rounds, Thompson was asked if he would trade one for a quarterback.

"I won't speak to that position specifically," he said. "But our pro guys are doing constant work exploring different options. That's sort of the way the Ryan Grant thing happened last year. We've only played one preseason game. A lot can happen between now and the start of the regular season."
js online
------------------------------------------------
Do we really need 4 QBs on the roster? Maybe one of the rookies will go to the practice squad? I know Brohm looked shaky at best but that list of QBs is awful with Culpepper being the exception.

TCamPacFan
08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Question... Let's say Rodger's gets injured, would you guys rather see us throw Brohm/Flynn in for them to gain experience for the future, but at the expense of our record this year, or would you rather right now bring in the best veteran available, have him learn the system, and in case of injury he would play and give us the best shot at playoffs/superbowl this year?

Personally, I say let's let the rooks get some experience for the future. That's the only way they'll get better.

socalpkrbkr
08-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Question... Let's say Rodger's gets injured,

I guess it really depends for how long. If he's out for a game or two I think I would rather have a vet. If he's out for the year and it happens say before week 8, let the kids play. I don't think that a QB from that list above (minus Culpepper) is going to guide us to the promise land. I personally think Daunte could get us to the playoffs in that situation but the guy has already shot us down.

No I'm not big on Daunte either but he's the best QB on that list for sure.

Brooke
08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Yep they do just in case. I dont think Brohm is ready at all BUT Matt Flynn has looked good to me.

gottaHaveHart
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
if a qb does get hurt, tt probably would be content with signing nall again and letting a rookie start

Newest Badger
08-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Theres no way management can be satisfied going into the season with an injury prone unproven QB and two rookies backing him up. Gotta bring SOMEONE in, Griese, Culpepper, Jeff George!

ugottabjoshinme
08-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Question... Let's say Rodger's gets injured, would you guys rather see us throw Brohm/Flynn in for them to gain experience for the future, but at the expense of our record this year, or would you rather right now bring in the best veteran available, have him learn the system, and in case of injury he would play and give us the best shot at playoffs/superbowl this year?

Personally, I say let's let the rooks get some experience for the future. That's the only way they'll get better.

i dont think that we would go anywhere significant with that group of veteran qbs...so i would rather let the kiddies play.

Newest Badger
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
True. But its still gonna be pretty **** scary if Mr. Rodgers goes down.

Soup Nazi
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
He won't.

XJW18
08-14-2008, 09:30 PM
He won't.

"Knock on wood"

TCamPacFan
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I really hate to say this, but at this stage in the game... God forgive me... I think we should bring Nall back. At least on the practice squad.

I wish we would have brought another vet in earlier, got him comfortable with our system and then had him as a backup, but we didn't so now we have to live with it. I don't think you can just take any of the vet's out there and throw them into our system with no training, and expect success.

At least Nall knows the system. Sad as it is, if Rodgers goes down temporarily (please God no) I would rather see Nall. If it's early in the year and Rodgers goes down for the season, let the rooks play. If it's late in the season and we're making a playoff run, throw Nall in and hope he can pull off an Eli Manning miracle.

wissportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
There aren't many good ones out there, actually I can't think of any good vet QB's that are out there right now. If we did get a vet QB that would mean Flynn would have to be released and I think a team would pick him up. He has looked better than Brohm in the preseason games so I don't think that would be a very good idea.

wissportsfan
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I really hate to say this, but at this stage in the game... God forgive me... I think we should bring Nall back. At least on the practice squad.
I wish we would have brought another vet in earlier, got him comfortable with our system and then had him as a backup, but we didn't so now we have to live with it. I don't think you can just take any of the vet's out there and throw them into our system with no training, and expect success.

At least Nall knows the system. Sad as it is, if Rodgers goes down temporarily (please God no) I would rather see Nall. If it's early in the year and Rodgers goes down for the season, let the rooks play. If it's late in the season and we're making a playoff run, throw Nall in and hope he can pull off an Eli Manning miracle.

By NFL rules, we can't put him on the practice squad. He has to many years of experience in the NFL.

TCamPacFan
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
By NFL rules, we can't put him on the practice squad. He has to many years of experience in the NFL.

Thanks for the knowledge wissportsfan! What exactly are the practice squad rules? Could we pick up Nall and put either Brohm or Flynn on the practice squad? Not that I'm saying that's the best idea, but I'm just curious. Thanks bro!

wissportsfan
08-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the knowledge wissportsfan! What exactly are the practice squad rules? Could we pick up Nall and put either Brohm or Flynn on the practice squad? Not that I'm saying that's the best idea, but I'm just curious. Thanks bro!

I'm pretty sure you can put a player with at most 1 year of NFL experience on the practice squad. We could place Brohm or Flynn on the PS but they would have to pass waivers. I'm guessing a team would pick one of them up. Even if they are on our PS another team can pick them up throughout the season.

TCamPacFan
08-16-2008, 12:22 PM
So basically our best option is if Rodgers gets hurt (knock on wood), go out and hope Nall is available, and then sign him? You wouldn't want to risk losing Brohm or Flynn on waivers. Hmmm... makes things difficult. What do you think we would have done if Culpepper had accepted? Carried four QB's???

dbroncos78087
08-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I dont think a veteran QB is required and in some cases could hold a young QB back. Especially someone in Aaron's position. If he makes a mistake he might worry whether he will be booed out.

wissportsfan
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
So basically our best option is if Rodgers gets hurt (knock on wood), go out and hope Nall is available, and then sign him? You wouldn't want to risk losing Brohm or Flynn on waivers. Hmmm... makes things difficult. What do you think we would have done if Culpepper had accepted? Carried four QB's???

If Rodgers gets hurt I have a feeling they will let Brohm play, but getting Nall wouldn't be a bad idea. If we got Culpepper we probably wouldn't have drafted Flynn.

TCamPacFan
08-16-2008, 04:48 PM
I dont think a veteran QB is required and in some cases could hold a young QB back. Especially someone in Aaron's position. If he makes a mistake he might worry whether he will be booed out.

I agree with you that it's not a requirement, but I think it means we're taking a huge gamble with a Superbowl ready team. What I disagree on is the fact that it would hold Aaron back. I think our management displayed pretty clearly that they are dedicated to Aaron, no matter what happens. A lot of Packer's fans booed very vocally during "Favre-a-palooza" and they never pushed Aaron back to #2.

P.S. Post #50 - I'm halfway to my very own icon!

TCamPacFan
08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
If Rodgers gets hurt I have a feeling they will let Brohm play, but getting Nall wouldn't be a bad idea. If we got Culpepper we probably wouldn't have drafted Flynn.

I have my timeline messed up, I thought we went for Culpepper after the draft...? At any rate - I appreciate the knowledge wissports, and let's just hope Aaron stays healthy!

Wicked Shot
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Anyone think we need to find some kind of veteran QB? I don't know of any available YET, but I am sure some will get cut. I like our QB's, but not a single NFL start on the roster. I'm not implying Rodgers is fragile, ,more like bad luck, but with the talent this team has, I would feel comfortable with an experienced presence to manage the game should Rodgers get hurt or struggle.

After watching the last two preseason games it seems we need much more than a veteran QB. Helmets and jerseys were the same as last year but that's it. No chemestry, lack of coordination, soft OL, nothing but mistakes and no intensity at all. Much work has to be achieved before the season begins. I watched also all the games played by Minnesota and Detroit since this preseason begun and I tell you the Packers are in deep deep trouble. Mike McCarthy has alot to do before the opener. Aaron Rodgers has to show something next week againts the Broncos but either way good or bad, yes, please get a veteran QB. And then play Rodgers in week 4 of the preseason at least 1 half. Rodgers has to deliver the ball more quickly and find his open receivers. If he cant do that after training camp as he showed up last night, give the ball to this new veteran QB for the beginning of the season. Get David Carr. Culpepper was not a good fit for the Packers. Carr will be. Give the ball only to Rodgers when he will be ready to win.

But all the team since that camp opened are not playing as a team should play.

I know it will be impossible to win 13 games like last season but the important thing to do is to win the division nothing less. But for what I've seen till now, if nothing is made, it will be a very very long season in Green Bay. How bout a 3rd or 4th place for the Packers ?

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 12:14 AM
After watching the last two preseason games it seems we need much more than a veteran QB. Helmets and jerseys were the same as last year but that's it. No chemestry, lack of coordination, soft OL, nothing but mistakes and no intensity at all. Much work has to be achieved before the season begins. I watched also all the games played by Minnesota and Detroit since this preseason begun and I tell you the Packers are in deep deep trouble. Mike McCarthy has alot to do before the opener. Aaron Rodgers has to show something next week againts the Broncos but either way good or bad, yes, please get a veteran QB. And then play Rodgers in week 4 of the preseason at least 1 half. Rodgers has to deliver the ball more quickly and find his open receivers. If he cant do that after training camp as he showed up last night, give the ball to this new veteran QB for the beginning of the season. Get David Carr. Culpepper was not a good fit for the Packers. Carr will be. Give the ball only to Rodgers when he will be ready to win.

But all the team since that camp opened are not playing as a team should play.

I know it will be impossible to win 13 games like last season but the important thing to do is to win the division nothing less. But for what I've seen till now, if nothing is made, it will be a very very long season in Green Bay. How bout a 3rd or 4th place for the Packers ?

LOL you want us to give the job to David Carr? Thatís the funniest **** I've heard this year. Rodgers is ready to win my friend. Now is his chance and waiting any longer is not an option as proved by the Brett Favre situation. So long as Rodgers doesnít get hurt I feel somewhat confident that we can still win the NFC North.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I tried very hard to look at something positive about Aaron Rodgers since the last two games but I found nothing. But the worst it seems the team is not the same as last year. I didnt see the same team since the last two games from the team last year.

OK OK David Carr can act only as a backup. But I doubt Rodgers will be ready before week 5 like he and the team played yesterday.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 12:36 AM
LOL you want us to give the job to David Carr? Thatís the funniest **** I've heard this year. Rodgers is ready to win my friend. Now is his chance and waiting any longer is not an option as proved by the Brett Favre situation. So long as Rodgers doesnít get hurt I feel somewhat confident that we can still win the NFC North.

I hope youre right and Im wrong. But the way things are going on for Rogers at this time Im not sure youre right.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Im really surprised not seeing Rodgers more prepare to the game. This summer, when I heard many times Mike McCarthy saying his QB was Aaron Rodgers, I was sure Rodgers was ready.

But thats not the case.

TCamPacFan
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Im really surprised not seeing Rodgers more prepare to the game. This summer, when I heard many times Mike McCarthy saying his QB was Aaron Rodgers, I was sure Rodgers was ready.

But thats not the case.

I'm not going to say that Rodger's has been perfect, but who can expect him to be? He's really just getting started in the NFL. Sure he has been on the roster for a couple of years, but there is no substitute for game experience. I think if a couple of balls caught instead of dropped by our receivers, a couple of blitz's picked up property, and some better protection, we'd all be saying "Holy $h!t this kid is good!"

The other part of the equation is this. It's only preseason. Coaches are much more interested in seeing what guys can do than they are about winning. I don't care if we go 0-4 in the preseason, as long as the new players get reps and the coaches get the evaluation they need.

I am however a little concerned about our first four games. I think there is a legitimate chance we go 1-3. If our o-line doesn't come together, we're going to have major struggles with MN and Dallas. And I think that Tampa is looking really good and we play them in Tampa. It will be a tough game. I hope I'm wrong because an 1-3 start would be really tough on team morale.

hughest4
08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not going to say that Rodger's has been perfect, but who can expect him to be? He's really just getting started in the NFL. Sure he has been on the roster for a couple of years, but there is no substitute for game experience. I think if a couple of balls caught instead of dropped by our receivers, a couple of blitz's picked up property, and some better protection, we'd all be saying "Holy $h!t this kid is good!"

The other part of the equation is this. It's only preseason. Coaches are much more interested in seeing what guys can do than they are about winning. I don't care if we go 0-4 in the preseason, as long as the new players get reps and the coaches get the evaluation they need.

I am however a little concerned about our first four games. I think there is a legitimate chance we go 1-3. If our o-line doesn't come together, we're going to have major struggles with MN and Dallas. And I think that Tampa is looking really good and we play them in Tampa. It will be a tough game. I hope I'm wrong because an 1-3 start would be really tough on team morale.

Exactly. I think its far to early to judge how good Aaron Rodgers is going to be. He might know the offense but its going to take more then 2 preseason games to truly learn how to run it. We might have some rough spots with him this season but i still have confidence

TCamPacFan
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Exactly. I think its far to early to judge how good Aaron Rodgers is going to be. He might know the offense but its going to take more then 2 preseason games to truly learn how to run it. We might have some rough spots with him this season but i still have confidence

That is really great to hear. It always amazes me how quickly people start to jump ship after a couple of rough preseason games. I certainly think there is cause for concern in some areas, OL, but other than that we have a solid team. Our first team defense as an entire unit is playing great, our wide receivers will get back to regular season form before we open, we haven't even seen Grant yet, and Rodgers will only continue to get better. Sure he's going to have some piss poor games, but so did Favre! That's life as a QB in the NFL.

My only wish/concern right now is that there was someone availble in free agency, waivers or that someone gets cut that would help our interior line. That is going to be crucial to our success, especially with the teams we face.

augipitcher3
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM
That is really great to hear. It always amazes me how quickly people start to jump ship after a couple of rough preseason games. I certainly think there is cause for concern in some areas, OL, but other than that we have a solid team. Our first team defense as an entire unit is playing great, our wide receivers will get back to regular season form before we open, we haven't even seen Grant yet, and Rodgers will only continue to get better. Sure he's going to have some piss poor games, but so did Favre! That's life as a QB in the NFL.

My only wish/concern right now is that there was someone availble in free agency, waivers or that someone gets cut that would help our interior line. That is going to be crucial to our success, especially with the teams we face.

I agree with most of what you said here. I think another area of concern as far as Rodgers is concerned is the fans turning on him too quick. If he has a 1st half in the first game and the boos start coming already he might be in for a long season. It seems like the fans in here are already ready to jump all over him. If the rest of the Pack fans out there do the same it will be rough.

TCamPacFan
08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I agree with most of what you said here. I think another area of concern as far as Rodgers is concerned is the fans turning on him too quick. If he has a 1st half in the first game and the boos start coming already he might be in for a long season. It seems like the fans in here are already ready to jump all over him. If the rest of the Pack fans out there do the same it will be rough.

I hear what you're saying. I'm from Wisco, but living in Costa Rica so what I perceive to be the climate of Packers fans comes through this forum. Before I went home 3 weeks ago, I was pretty sure everyone back home hated Rodgers and wanted Favre back. When I actually got home the climate was much different. People were fed up with Brett and had all the faith in the world in Aaron. Also I think the game at Lambeau when he got the standing ovation and there were a lot of nice signs was a good indicator of how much support he has. Lesson learned? This forum is but a small sampling of fans.

Now the big question is will he still have that support if we open up 1-3 and he struggles out of the gate? Only time will tell.

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I hear what you're saying. I'm from Wisco, but living in Costa Rica so what I perceive to be the climate of Packers fans comes through this forum. Before I went home 3 weeks ago, I was pretty sure everyone back home hated Rodgers and wanted Favre back. When I actually got home the climate was much different. People were fed up with Brett and had all the faith in the world in Aaron. Also I think the game at Lambeau when he got the standing ovation and there were a lot of nice signs was a good indicator of how much support he has. Lesson learned? This forum is but a small sampling of fans.

Now the big question is will he still have that support if we open up 1-3 and he struggles out of the gate? Only time will tell.
Yeah I would agree with you on that. I was up there a couple of weeks ago myself and most of the people I talked to were sick of Brett's ****.

hughest4
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM

If he starts off 1-3 this year i think a lot of people will still support him, while others will waver and wish we had Favre back...but thats just natural. Until he proves something and actually gives us a good season i doubt he will get the full respect and support from the fans

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Yep they do just in case. I dont think Brohm is ready at all BUT Matt Flynn has looked good to me.

Brohm has a step ahead of Flynn as 1st backup. So if the team keeps 3 QB and signs a free agent, Flynn is gone. I cant imagine the Packers will keep 4 QB on the roster. Best available free agent is K. Holcomb but nothing really great on the market right now. In that deal sending Favre to the Jets, TT should have asked for Pennington to be included also. Im cant imagine he didnt do that.

hughest4
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Brohm has a step ahead of Flynn as 1st backup. So if the team keeps 3 QB and signs a free agent, Flynn is gone. I cant imagine the Packers will keep 4 QB on the roster. Best available free agent is K. Holcomb but nothing really great on the market right now. In that deal sending Favre to the Jets, TT should have asked for Pennington to be included also. Im cant imagine he didnt do that.

He might have asked for Pennington to be included but i don't think that would have made our QB situation any better. Pennington is a decent QB and a good leader but would have never had made it in Green Bay. He has a very weak arm and struggles in throwing through the wind and in bad conditions. During the windy games his ball would get eaten alive. Just wouldnt have worked IMO

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
He might have asked for Pennington to be included but i don't think that would have made our QB situation any better. Pennington is a decent QB and a good leader but would have never had made it in Green Bay. He has a very weak arm and struggles in throwing through the wind and in bad conditions. During the windy games his ball would get eaten alive. Just wouldnt have worked IMO

Couldnít agree more on Chad. My god some of these fans ***** about Rodgers and his durability and then some turn around and say we want Chad. Yeah he's had no durability issues himself. We donít need some scrub to back up Rodgers. If he gets hurt were ****ed regardless.

coltsfan11
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I like where we're sitting right now with the quarterbacks. It might sound stupid but think about it. Sure Brohm hasn't been amazing in the preseason so far, but he hasn't been horrible either. It's his first two games in the NFL ever. Not to mention Matt Flynn has looked very good and he could take over main backup if necessary. We're pretty well set, I don't think we should just run out and get another QB just to sign another QB.

SteveNash13
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
We don't need a vet QB, I like Rodgers.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 09:47 PM
General Manager Ted Thompson will face severe criticism if his judgment on Favre and Rodgers proves faulty. But handing the backup quarterback positions to a pair of unproven rookies could turn into an even bigger blunder. Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn may someday be fine NFL quarterbacks. But if either is forced into a starting role this year due to an injury to the suddenly vulnerable Rodgers, the Packers’ playoff hopes will evaporate. The normally conservative-minded Thompson is taking a huge risk at the most important position on the team. Mike Vandermause is sports editor of the Press-Gazette.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/PKR07/80817023&s=d&page=5#pluckcomments

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
General Manager Ted Thompson will face severe criticism if his judgment on Favre and Rodgers proves faulty. But handing the backup quarterback positions to a pair of unproven rookies could turn into an even bigger blunder. Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn may someday be fine NFL quarterbacks. But if either is forced into a starting role this year due to an injury to the suddenly vulnerable Rodgers, the Packersí playoff hopes will evaporate. The normally conservative-minded Thompson is taking a huge risk at the most important position on the team.
Wicked Shot, did you just copy and paste this? It sure sounds familiar....

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Wicked Shot, did you just copy and paste this? It sure sounds familiar....

Yes I did that just because Im not the only one feeling so positive as you are here.

hughest4
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/PKR07/80817023/1058/PKR01&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

If you are going to use articles you need to either properly quote it or at least post the link

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
General Manager Ted Thompson will face severe criticism if his judgment on Favre and Rodgers proves faulty. But handing the backup quarterback positions to a pair of unproven rookies could turn into an even bigger blunder. Brian Brohm and Matt Flynn may someday be fine NFL quarterbacks. But if either is forced into a starting role this year due to an injury to the suddenly vulnerable Rodgers, the Packers’ playoff hopes will evaporate. The normally conservative-minded Thompson is taking a huge risk at the most important position on the team.

Mike Vandermause is sports editor of the Press-Gazette.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080817/PKR07/80817023&s=d&page=5#pluckcomments

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Yes I did that just because Im not the only one feeling so positive as you are here.

It's got nothing to do with being positive it has to do with what I've seen so far in this preseason. I think you ought to be careful using someone elseís words as your own. Itís called plagiarism. Sure we have some problems and the good thing is its still preseason. You know where teams experiment and donít do things they would normally do. Dropped passes and blow assignments aside I feel OK with whatís happening. Wins and loses in the preseason mean squat. I watched the games and I'm honestly not sure I can say the same for you based on some of your comments.

Wicked Shot
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
It's got nothing to do with being positive it has to do with what I've seen so far in this preseason. I think you ought to be careful using someone elseís words as your own. Itís called plagiarism. Sure we have some problems and the good thing is its still preseason. You know where teams experiment and donít do things they would normally do. Dropped passes and blow assignments aside I feel OK with whatís happening. Wins and loses in the preseason mean squat. I watched the games and I'm honestly not sure I can say the same for you based on some of your comments.

Im not against anyone here. Im big Packers fan and I want my team to finish on top. Ok lets go your way and lets wait to the 3rd game against the Broncos before judging Rodgers. I watched Cutler against the Cowboys in game #2, he played like a star, I cant say the same for Rodgers. Ok I stop saying bad things until the next game. Its gonna be a tough one, tougher than San Fran. I hope Aaron Rodgers will be ready this time and top shape to show to everyone here in Green Bay he can be at least 70% of Favre.

Go Packers. Go Rodgers.

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Go Packers. Go Rodgers.
That's the spirit!

Im not against anyone here. Im big Packers fan and I want my team to finish on top. Ok lets go your way and lets wait to the 3rd game against the Broncos before judging Rodgers. I watched Cutler against the Cowboys in game #2, he played like a star, I cant say the same for Rodgers. Ok I stop saying bad things until the next game. Its gonna be a tough one, tougher than San Fran. I hope Aaron Rodgers will be ready this time and top shape to show to everyone here in Green Bay he can be at least 70% of Favre.

Really that's the problem right there though. You want him to be like Brett and that my friend ain't happening. Forget about Brett (yes, it's really hard to do as I sit here with his autographed helmet staring at me) he's gone now and never coming back here to play. It really hurts saying that while he's still an active player in the NFL. The papers have to report it with a little flair to keep us interested. Just relax and re read what I said about Aaron in some of the posts I've been responding to you with. I'm not against you either or anyone here; we all have one common interest, the Packers. I just think youíre over reacting a bit to some preseason mistakes and a QB that's just getting his feet wet.

hughest4
08-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Forget about Brett (yes, it's really hard to do as I sit here with his autographed helmet staring at me) he's gone now and never coming back here to play.

Where did you get that from? Did you go to an autograph signing or did you get it full price at a memorabilia store. I collect a lot of memorabilia but the Favre helmet is still not in my room. Every time i get paid i go to the store and try to convince myself that blowing my whole 700 check on it will be worth it.

socalpkrbkr
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Where did you get that from? Did you go to an autograph signing or did you get it full price at a memorabilia store. I collect a lot of memorabilia but the Favre helmet is still not in my room. Every time i get paid i go to the store and try to convince myself that blowing my whole 700 check on it will be worth it.

BrettFavre.com

It came with a certificate of authenticity and a picture of him signing it. The picture wasnít of him signing my exact helmet, so that was a little disappointing.

robdizzle3
08-19-2008, 03:52 AM
I think Rod will be alright and I am not worried about him but after seeing what Matt Cassel did against the Bucs I think that maybe we should be looking to get a back-up quarterback

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
If he starts off 1-3 this year i think a lot of people will still support him, while others will waver and wish we had Favre back...but thats just natural. Until he proves something and actually gives us a good season i doubt he will get the full respect and support from the fans

As the saying goes, respect is EARNED not given. I'll support him as long as I see a good attitude and progress. Not that I want to have a losing record, but adversity is as good a teacher as any situation. If we go 1-3 we'll learn a lot about our roster and new QB.

The respect I give him won't so much be based on the W - L record as it will be how he handles his new role. And judging from how he handled "Favre-a-palooza" I think he'll be just fine.

TCamPacFan
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM

What happened to David Carr? Did someone pick him up?

Wicked Shot
08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
What happened to David Carr? Did someone pick him up?

What I heard yesterday on WFAN Radio, the New Yok fans want to keep him to backup Eli Manning. So A. Wright might be available now !:D

bigzmakz83
08-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Why don't the Packers go out and acquire A.J Feeley from Philadelphia. With McNabb healthy and Kevin Kolb solidified as the backup it would make Feeley very expendable. He would be a nice backup on the Pack cause he knows the west coast offense. If need be he could play a few games and give the Pack a fighting chance to win