PDA

View Full Version : The All-Breakout Team - East

phlp_bj
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Tyrus Thomas: 6.8 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.0 blocks, 18 minutes

One of the great tragedies of the Bulls dysfunctional nightmare last season was the wasted year of development of forward Tyrus Thomas. One of the most physically gifted players in the NBA, if anyone had the right to demand more playing time, it was Thomas.

Why? Because Thomas played more than 34 minutes in only seven games last season. And in those seven games, six of which were against playoff teams, these were his numbers:

19.7 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.2 blocks, 59% FG shooting. Those are All-Star numbers.

The Bulls record in those games? 5-2.

With Chicago showing him no love, the Bulls got what they deserved. Thomas did not. For a player who would be the first at the morning practice, only to find the lights off and no one home in the Berto Center, the Bulls new staff and their newly demonstrated commitment to player development is a gift from above.

Wilson Chandler: 7.3 Points, 2.6 Rebounds, 19 minutes

If anyone in New York should have been doing cartwheels when Mike D'Antoni was hired as head coach, it should have been Chandler. Another player with great potential caught in a seismic disaster in New York, Chandler was buried on the bench most of the year until the Knicks finally figured out that their players were bad, their coaching staff was worse, and their season was lost.

Once Chandler got some consistent run his production spoke for itself, averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds in March, then upping those numbers in April to 12.0 points and 5.6 rebounds on 48% shooting. He put together five straight double figure scoring games in March, and added four straight in April.

During one stretch in April, he had 23 points and 8 rebounds against Orlando, 19 and 9 vs. Detroit, and 18 and 8 against Atlanta - while shooting 57%.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9736

ugafan
08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
I always liked Chandler, he's one of my favorite players...

knicks1214
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Woohoo!! A Knicks player!!! He would have had a great season last year as a rookie if Isiah was smart enough to play rookies after he drafted them...

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Tyrus Thomas, Wilson Chandler, Lou Williams, Jose Calderon, Rodney Stuckey. I agree with 4 of the 5. Don't really see Thomas "breaking out".

MiamiHeat
08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Rodney Stuckey is going to be a great player in the future :up:

philsphan28
08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I like the list, but I think Thaddeus Young should deserve some consideration on there as well. I actually think he'll break out more than fellow sixer Lou Williams will.

Catfish1314
08-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Tyrus Thomas, Wilson Chandler, Lou Williams, Jose Calderon, Rodney Stuckey. I agree with 4 of the 5. Don't really see Thomas "breaking out".

Well, define "breaking out". With Rose in the mix, Thomas has the true PG he needs dishing him lobs and pushing the floor. If given the minutes and incorporated into the offense correctly, Thomas can double his numbers from last year easily.

knicks1214
08-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Thomas is always going to be an energy player. However, if he puts in some work and he develops a jump shot, he will become a very very good player.

cmellofan15
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I would like to see Thadeus Young and Trevor Ariza break out but its most likely not going to happen.

madiaz3
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice, someone givin' some respect to Chandler. I usually don't see him make anyone's Rookie/Sophmore All-Star rosters.

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I agree with the TYRUS THOMAS pick. If he gets the minutes he's going to be a beast.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9736

Al Jefferson, 21/11. Wasn't even mentioned as an all star candidate. Team record is the most important thing with all stars. If the Bulls are below .500, Thomas will not sniff an all star game

*Superman*
08-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Thomas is going to be a beastly in his future.

^This isn't an All-Star list, its and All-Breakout team, although i agree Al could have been mentioned as well as a few other players.

PhillyLuver
08-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I agree with the list pretty much.

Lou Will will only seriously break out if he gets starting minutes

The83rdWonder
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
My breakout teams:
East:
PG: Ramon Sessions
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SF: Wilson Chandler
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Andray Blatche

West:
PG: Mike Conely Jr.
SG: J.R Smith
SF: Francisco Garcia
PF: Brandan Wright/Carl Landry (Homer pick)
C: Greg Oden

$ NyC $
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM
i think Tyrus Thomas can be a good player...he's athletic as hell and can run the floor...

im just glad 2 see Chandler up there...

the kid got serious potential he does a little bit of everything just needs 2 up his assists a little

DmL
08-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Thomas trained with ESPN'S David Thorpe at the IMG academy this summer. He is the guy who helped Kevin Martin develop his jump shot. Anyhow, Martin was there one of the days and he couldn't believe how many jumpers Thomas was making.

He rubs off on some people the wrong way as a thug. He's usually the first one in the gym and the last one out.

Skiles is a killer to a young player. That's why I'm so pumped to have Del Negro coaching them now because he's gonna play the young guys and run.

Thomas reminds me of Amare and Marion combined.

LakerzDQ
08-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Thomas trained with ESPN'S David Thorpe at the IMG academy this summer. He is the guy who helped Kevin Martin develop his jump shot. Anyhow, Martin was there one of the days and he couldn't believe how many jumpers Thomas was making.

He rubs off on some people the wrong way as a thug. He's usually the first one in the gym and the last one out.

Skiles is a killer to a young player. That's why I'm so pumped to have Del Negro coaching them now because he's gonna play the young guys and run.

Tyrus Thomas has good potential, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here...:rolleyes:

Kyle N.
08-11-2008, 03:13 AM

That's a scary thought.

rico
08-11-2008, 03:25 AM
i sure hope the souleater breaks out.

Halladay
08-11-2008, 03:33 AM

So are you saying he has bad knees and thinks he deserves more shots?;)

innovator
08-11-2008, 10:32 AM
KWAME BROWN!

sheed will smack the hell out of kwame at practice and kwame will become the #1 overall pick that he really is!