PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers Options

Cavs_Fan24
08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I was just thinking what we could do from now to the deadline, and what other people thought we could do to improve the team.

Try to keep trade ideas and signings realistic plz.:)

Sbank
08-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I think it kind of early for this but I see us trading most of our expiring contracts like AV, and Wally to get super star and more role players.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
This was from Indiansfan a while back in a older thread. I thought it was a good list still, obviously there may be some guys we need to scratch off but here it is:

__________________________________________________ ____________
If not dealt earlier:

Ron Artest - Sacramento Kings - We should consider
Josh Howard - Dallas Mavericks - We should consider
Shawn Marion - Miami Heat - Would be extremely hard to acquire, but should be considered
Zach Randolph - NY Knicks - We won't even look at him
Kirk Hinrich - Chicago Bulls - Chicago likely won't trade him to division rival
Michael Redd - Milwaukee Bucks - We should consider
Charlie Villanueva - Milwaukee Bucks - We don't need
Tracy McGrady - Houston Rockets - Would be extremely hard to acquire, but should be considered
Marcus Camby - Denver Nuggets - We likely won't consider acquiring another aging big man
Kenyon Martin - Denver Nuggets - Read above, with worse contract
Andrei Kirilenko - Utah Jazz - We would have interest, but we don't have the pieces to interest the Jazz
Gerald Wallace - Charlotte Bobcats - We won't touch his contract
Mike Dunleavy Jr - Indiana Pacers - This is guy we should go HARD after, even though he is from within the division

There will surely be others available too.....But that's all I feel like summarizing right now.
__________________________________________________ _____________

I don't know how you quote things from other threads. Hope you don't mind Indiansfan.

Bold are still available

bw2893
08-10-2008, 04:58 PM
Just saw this thread and thought I'd say that some Utah fans have been pushing the idea for a while now to trade AK-47 for Wally to relieve cap space in order to re-sign boozer, okur, and milsap next year.

AK's contract sucks, but you guys are kind of desperate to get good talent next to james, in order to have a shot at keeping him in 2010. AK and James would be pretty deadly.

I'm a Utah fan and don't personally like this deal, because we aren't getting improvment in return, but it does help us out in the long run.

Cavs_Fan24
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
i was thinking we could trade Andy for Tinsley because of our need for a PG and that he's being shopped around
besides, we know Andy is opting out of his contract this year anyways..

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-10-2008, 06:16 PM
i was thinking we could trade Andy for Tinsley because of our need for a PG and that he's being shopped around

I don't think we would want Tinsley, he is a risky personality and not a huge upgrade from West. If we don't sign West the chances will go up but, its still risky. If we get a questionable personality we should just get Randolph which I don't want to do.

D_Boy_bruno
08-10-2008, 06:53 PM
please guys..1st thing i would do if i was GM of the cavs iz defintely resign delonte west to a contract for 1yr.......and i would tell him that nxt yr. when all the contracts for cavs expire out there will be more $$ to resign Delonte again next offseason.....but if you guys would only look at your surounding's.......notice that alot of pointguards lik mike bibby, jason kidd,ramon felton,allen iverson, and marbury....these are all great pgs next yr up for grabs.....its up to you to decide

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-11-2008, 01:41 AM
If we sign West I would love it to be a one year deal. He is one of those guys I really need a year to look at, and hey if he has what it takes to be our starting PG then resign him for a better deal.

He is our best option right now but down the road things could open up where if we did sign him long term we would look dumb.

IndiansFan337
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
We should not even consider Tinsley. He's always hurt. He's always in trouble with the law. And he has $24 million left on his contract.

please guys..1st thing i would do if i was GM of the cavs iz defintely resign delonte west to a contract for 1yr.......and i would tell him that nxt yr. when all the contracts for cavs expire out there will be more $$ to resign Delonte again next offseason.....but if you guys would only look at your surounding's.......notice that alot of pointguards lik mike bibby, jason kidd,ramon felton,allen iverson, and marbury....these are all great pgs next yr up for grabs.....its up to you to decide

Felton isn't available next year. He signed a long extension with Charlotte, before they drafted DJ Augustin.

But all of those other veterans will be available. Maybe LeBron can convince Jason Kidd to come to Cleveland at that point? If we think that's a possibility, then maybe we should only offer West a one year contract.