PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Basketball Games & Discussion (Including Ref info)

Pages : [1] 2 3

DenButsu
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Lets start this baby.

========================
Olympic Basketball News and Discussion Thread

There have been just way too many random Olympic basketball threads popping up in the NBA forum now. Please post news articles in this thread unless they are of some outstanding significance (a major injury to a major NBA player, for example). I imagine we can run game threads for the U.S. games and maybe other key games if there's enough interest. But for the most part, please try to center your discussion in this thread and post more minor news stories related to Olympic basketball here.
========================

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8638/usbasketballuw1.png

TEAM USA SCHEDULE

vs. China: Aug. 10, 10:15 a.m. ET
vs. Angola: Aug. 12, 8 a.m. ET
vs. Greece: Aug. 14, 8 a.m. ET
vs. Spain: Aug. 16, 10:15 a.m. ET
vs. Germany: Aug. 18, 8 a.m. ET
Quarterfinals: Aug. 20
Semifinals: Aug. 22
Finals: Aug. 24

LINKS:
nba.com's page (http://www.nba.com/usabasketball/)
US Men's Senior Team home page (http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=msnt) / stats (http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=msnt_stats)
Beijing Olympics 2008 Official Site - basketball page (http://en.beijing2008.cn/sports/basketball/index.shtml)

-------------
original post from before thread was merged:

From marketwatch.com (http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/nike-usa-basketball-unveil-new/story.aspx?guid={D3A657D9-09D7-4C02-850F-06B4B51A358A}&dist=msr_13):
Nike and USA Basketball to Unveil New Look for Team USA to Thousands of Fans
Nike Debuts Team USA's Most Innovative Footwear and Apparel Designs Ever

NEW YORK, Jun 30, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Nike, USA Men's Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski, and the entire 12 member 2008 U.S. Olympic Team for men's basketball, will join together today for a fan celebration at an unprecedented unveiling of Team USA's men's basketball uniforms that they will compete in at the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

The event will be hosted by TV personality Kevin Frazier at the famed Rockefeller Center Ice Rink. During the event, Nike will showcase Team USA's new Nike Swift System of Dress basketball uniform. The new Nike designed uniform for the USA Men's and Women's teams eliminates 25 centimeters of material and reduces the weight by 31 percent when compared with current uniforms. Nike's new uniform also features Nike Aerographics, an engineered mesh providing zoned cooling that reduces up to half the yarn, making it more lightweight and breathable. An exclusively designed "We the People" graphic, inspired by USA's rich history, is also integrated into the uniform.

"It's a privilege to work with some of the best athletes in the world to develop the most innovative basketball uniforms and footwear we've ever created for the court," said Nike Brand President Charlie Denson.

Mane
06-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Go USA :shrug:

JordansBulls
06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
When do the olympics start?

I want to watch the swimming competition.

Corey
06-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Doesn't it start in August?

Edit: Will start on the 8th of August and go through the 24th.

#24 Lakerland
06-10-2008, 12:22 PM
I believe it's in August or late July.

Yogi
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I LOVE Olympic basketball! USA! USA!

Joshtd1
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
:flag:

Yogi
06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Have the final rosters for basketball been announced yet?

HOWE do i do it
06-10-2008, 01:05 PM
It starts August 8th, I believe.

jbeezy
06-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Who are the US's top runners this olimpics?

tjs4stlcards
06-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Whats everyone's favorite thing about the Olympics? Why do you like, what draws you to watch it?

For me it is seeing all the different countries compete against each other. I also like all the different sports like badminton, handball, curling (winter Olympics i know). I am practically glued to the TV during the Olympics!

Yogi
06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
I like watching NBA players play for different homelands.

IndiansFan337
06-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Have the final rosters for basketball been announced yet?

No. That won't be determined until they have a basic tryout in July. Injuries will also play a role in who decides to skip the tryout.

Joshtd1
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I thought they said that there wasnt going to be a tryout this year afterall, and the team was just going to be announced:shrug:

IndiansFan337
06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Good call, joshtd1.

This just came out:

U.S. To Name Team Before Training Camp

The United States will select its roster before training camp, according to The Associated Press.

The Americans have changed their plans and will select the 12 players headed to the Olympics before they report to Las Vegas later in June. Originally, the team was to have potentially 16 players in camp and cut down to 12 on June 30.

"The staff really is more interested in getting down so that they can get to work in terms of preparation. We have switched our thinking," USA Basketball Managing Director Jerry Colangelo said on Tuesday.

"Our plan is to go ahead and announce our team sometime before we get to Las Vegas."

Fool
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm going to be on effing vacation during a lot of the olympics, hopefully I can watch atleast all the USA basketball games. I'm pumped for this.

is there some kind of olympic page so I can see all the qualified teams/players?

tjs4stlcards
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
LINK (http://en.beijing2008.cn/) Official Olympic site

Fool
06-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Is there a site that lists all the teams from every sport?

xander
06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Cool, I didn't notice this forum. I have a friend that is going to the Olympics in China.

lavis
06-30-2008, 10:03 AM
That's actually more interesting than stupid trade rumors.. Wonder when will they offer the new kind of jersey to consumers. (Or do they already?)

Reezy
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm looking forward to this! I always thought the current jerseys look kinda bland.

redsoxfuture
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.nikebiz.com/media/beijing/index.html

redsoxfuture
06-30-2008, 12:26 PM
and also http://www.nikebiz.com/media/beijing/features/USAB.html

_Sn1P3r_
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Wow that's pretty cool.

Cullksinikers
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Those are awesome, I'm glad there isn't any advertisements on them like the European countries.

MJRiley26
06-30-2008, 01:40 PM
The uniforms look modernized and innovative, while still looking professional. I was worried they would look too much like the skin tight jerseys Syracuse uses(d?).

superkegger
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
I like em

sanfranfan1210
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
They look pretty cool

phlp_bj
08-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Chris Kaman is getting a lot of heat for joining the German National team. He has been called a traitor and a turncoat on sports radio shows across the country, and it's expected he'll face some boos and cat calls when he returns to the NBA in October. The funniest part about all of this is this bogus expectation of national pride when it comes to the Olympics. The Olympics is the biggest joke in sports. The athletes on most of these teams are simply highly paid professionals, most do not live or train in the country they will compete for next week. The Olympics is far more about marketing and ad dollars than the games and sports being played. There are billions of dollars paid and spent on the Olympics, all under this guise of national pride.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9680

DaddyCool
08-04-2008, 09:10 AM
You need to stop posting so many damn threads lol.
I don't care if people like Kaman want to play in the Olympics. He realizes he'll never make the US team so he joins some other team. No problem with that.

phlp_bj
08-04-2008, 09:13 AM
i post threads to keep this forum active. otherwise, if i dont post, people will start making threads again on how kobe is better than so and so.

or my personal favorite, people start making up fake rumors. lol. like 2 days ago, there was a fake rumor posted that melo got traded to the lakers for odom and mihm. the mods quickly deleted it however

DaddyCool
08-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Douchebags do that. Let the mods clear it up. Most of the threads you made are on topic but they probably won't reach more then 2 or so pages.

DreamShaker
08-04-2008, 11:04 AM
i post threads to keep this forum active. otherwise, if i dont post, people will start making threads again on how kobe is better than so and so.

or my personal favorite, people start making up fake rumors. lol. like 2 days ago, there was a fake rumor posted that melo got traded to the lakers for odom and mihm. the mods quickly deleted it however

I appreciater your spunk....keep posting away sir.....

Wilson
08-04-2008, 11:06 AM
:laugh: ^ ^

That article is right on about the olympics, I don't see the prestige in the games anymore...

QUICKTRADE
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
everybody dreamt of being an olympic player and these are some of the reason why some players jump ship. second is money and third is fame.

knowledgeGOD
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
isn't chris kaman german?

DreamShaker
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
everybody dreamt of being an olympic player and these are some of the reason why some players jump ship. second is money and third is fame.

He was on in Michigan and grew up here....his grandparents or great grandpartents immigrated over here I believe...but I just read he has dual citizenship....

daleja424
08-04-2008, 04:13 PM
isn't chris kaman german?

no...his like great grandfather is german...

DerekRE_3
08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
If Kaman was selected for the US National Team, I'm sure he would be playing for the US right now. It's not like he rejected the United States so he could play for Germany. He wanted to be an Olympian, and playing for Germany was the only way he could do it. I see no problem with it.

I'm pretty sure the United States have some people from other countries with dual citizenship on their teams.

*Superman*
08-04-2008, 04:19 PM

LMAO!

Spurred1
08-04-2008, 05:42 PM
A lot of people are overreacting to Kaman playing for Germany. He wanted to play in the Olympics and the German team was his way in. Give me a break.

lakers4sho
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
What's the big deal? At least he's got a German heritage. Guys like J.R. Holden, who doesn't even have any trace of Russian blood whatsoever, are the guys that should be criticized.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
The only thing that surprises me is that there are not more cases.

I could see Scerbiak on Spains roster, since the weakest starter is Carlos Jimenez the SF and Wally was born in MADRID, so basically he IS Spanish.

lakers4sho
08-04-2008, 11:32 PM

I could see Scerbiak on Spains roster, since the weakest starter is Carlos Jimenez the SF and Wally was born in MADRID, so basically he IS Spanish.

Then maybe you can tell him to join, it will give the U.S. a little bit more competition :D

But it's too late :sigh:

daleja424
08-04-2008, 11:38 PM
careful...thats borderline baiting!

GspLAL
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM

Being born in Spain doesn't make you Spanish, I'm 100% Armenian but I was born in Spain.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-04-2008, 11:50 PM
How long did you live here?

Wally attended Primary School and High School here, then went to Usa for College.

Hellcrooner
08-05-2008, 03:18 AM
We dont need Wally man!!! who do we take out? Rudy? Navarrok?

Jimenezs d is important for the team,.

phlp_bj
08-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Before settling on Mike Krzyzewski, Jerry Colangelo was considering Gregg Popovich for the head coaching position of Team USA.

"I had to come to the realization that he was the guy," Colangelo said. "Popovich would have been a terrific choice, but I eventually came to the conclusion that Mike was the guy I wanted to do this job."

"You couldn't go wrong either way, but I'm glad I made the decision I did. Everything that's happened over the last three years endorses that."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_10097886

phlp_bj
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Don't say you didn't see this coming, but the US almost lost a game because they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a basketball. Dwyane Wade led the way with 22 points in an 87-76 victory over Australia in the US' final tune-up for the Beijing Olympics, but it wasn't pretty, even with Australian center Andrew Bogut taking the night off.

The Americans shot 3-18 from three-point range and only 20-33 from the free throw line. Ouch.

While most people have focused on how small Team USA is and how it may have trouble defending in the post and rebounding, especially if one of their big men gets in foul trouble (remember, only five fouls in international play), shooting could be just as big a factor.

No one questions the US team's ability to get to the hoop or run the floor, or even play pressure defense to force turnovers, but the real question was how they would play when they are both missing shots and having trouble in the post, as they did this morning with a very strong, very physical Australian team. Now we have our answer, at least against Australia.

Team Australia is intriguing; now they have played very well against multiple highly respected opponents – Spain and Russia as well – and may be much more of a threat to win a medal in Beijing than many originally thought. If that's true, and the US topped them with a bad shooting night, perhaps the Americans are in good shape.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9693

fairandbalanced
08-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Wade's play was the only good thing that can be said about team USA's game.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-05-2008, 02:49 PM
they need to improve on both sides of the ball

yea wade has been great :D

lakers4sho
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I bet he's gonna go with another Mike for the 2012 Olympics - Mike D'Antoni.

Joshtd1
08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
If USA doesnt get a whole lot of points off turnovers, they struggle in the half court sets since they do a lot of iso.

Against the good ballhandling teams, and top teams like Spain and Argetina, and Greece..I think those teams will certainly give USA a game.

Afridi786
08-05-2008, 02:51 PM
^Mike D'Antoni's career will be ruined by than.

Joshtd1
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Yea, I heard that Pop was the leading candidate before Mike K. was chosen. Either way Im a Duke fan so its nice to see, but I would have loved to see Pop as the head coach.

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Outside Michael Redd, no one is a pure shooter. Everyone one else is a streaky shooter. Also I think we still needa big man, like Tyson Chandler. The thing is who are we going to let go. We need Jason's leadership. Maybe Tayshaun Prince.

phlp_bj
08-05-2008, 03:05 PM
bring in marion. too late now i guess

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 03:06 PM
why did they bring tayshaun and boozer in? they barely play and when they get the chance they barely produce, marion and chandler would of been better

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Wade's play was the only good thing that can be said about team USA's game.

:clap::clap: game high 22 points :D

#1Mavericksfan
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I hope they don't play Germany because I don't see anybody on team USA that could guard Dirk and Kamen one one one.

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I hope they don't play Germany because I don't see anybody on team USA that could guard Dirk and Kamen one one one.

howard will superman that hoe on both of those softies;)

#1Mavericksfan
08-05-2008, 03:19 PM
howard will superman that hoe on both of those softies;)

Let's hope so because I can't take another USA lost in the Olympics

MiamiHeat
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Let's hope so because I can't take another USA lost in the Olympics

wow i thought you were gonna come hard at me and be pissed cause i call dirk soft :clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Outside Michael Redd, no one is a pure shooter. Everyone one else is a streaky shooter. Also I think we still needa big man, like Tyson Chandler. The thing is who are we going to let go. We need Jason's leadership. Maybe Tayshaun Prince.

Kobe Bryant and Carmelo arent pure shooters? :sigh:

bogdanrom
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
^ Not really. Kobe maybe, but Carmelo is on then off. I think the key to USA's success is defense. Today we lets their guys shoot three's over us all the time.

fairandbalanced
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM

No they are not...they're volume shooters. Redd, Ray Allen and Sasha are example of pure shooters

#1Mavericksfan
08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
wow i thought you were gonna come hard at me and be pissed cause i call dirk soft :clap:

That was the last thing on my mind...I really want Team USA to bring back the gold and I don't care who they have to beat even if it's Dirk.

_Sn1P3r_
08-05-2008, 06:48 PM

I wouldnt say they are pure shooters.

PhxGiant
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm concerned about team USA, the world is catching up and we just dont dominate like we used to, and you have to remember that a lot of these foreign teams have been playing pro ball together since the age of 16. I think Spain has the best chance at beating team USA.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
No they are not...they're volume shooters. Redd, Ray Allen and Sasha are example of pure shooters

Sasha?? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?

Ur tellin me Sasha is a better shooter than Melo??

I bet your a Laker fan. :pity:

fhatmanz
08-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Sasha?? ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?

Ur tellin me Sasha is a better shooter than Melo??

I bet your a Laker fan. :pity:

.... I am a lakers fan and sometimes when watching laker games I rather Sasha take a 3 than Kobe.... So in that case Sasha to me is a pure shooter and definitely a better shooter than Melo... Same thing with Kapono... You think in terms of shooting Melo is purer? That would make you crazy!

bostncelts34
08-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Pierce should of did this olympic stuff. They could use his outside shooting. And he is a pretty good defender, with decent size.

daleja424
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Pierce should of did this olympic stuff. They could use his outside shooting. And he is a pretty good defender, with decent size.

:no::no::no:...top 15 players only...JKKKK!!!! No but for real Pierce is getting up there in age and he wasnt invited...

JWalk126
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM

he wanted to play in the 2007 EuroBasket, but the Spanish Basketball Association wouldnt let him.... actually FIBA didnt let him

something about playing for team USA in the past

eman
08-06-2008, 11:45 AM
No they are not...they're volume shooters. Redd, Ray Allen and Sasha are example of pure shooters But Ray Allen and Sasha Vujacic aren't on the Redeem Team. This is a problem that we have repeatedly faced in the last two olympics that we never seem to address. I actually think Michael Redd isn't a consistent enough outside shooter to help the team. Why aren't Jason Kapono, Mike Dunlevy or Mike Miller on the Redeem Team. I personaly think it is so we can fail. What is more newsworthy "dog bites man" or "man bites dog", "the USA basketball team wins the gold medal", " the USA basketball team fails to win the gold medal for the third time".

mjt20mik
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
They should have brought it atleast Mike Miller. Kapono may be pushing it, but Miller was on the squad before no..

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-06-2008, 12:41 PM
^^ i would rather have ray allen

daleja424
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
They should have brought it atleast Mike Miller. Kapono may be pushing it, but Miller was on the squad before no..

miller would take the prince role...12th man. Neither would see any minutes...

Hellcrooner
08-06-2008, 01:59 PM
??? when did he play for usa?

fairandbalanced
08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
only Bush, Cheney and McCain can really be proud of this country. The rest of us are used for votes.

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 02:03 PM
careful...thats borderline baiting!

How is what I said borderline baiting?

phlp_bj
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
BEIJING -- Mike Krzyzewski could feel anticipation build as the plane carrying the U.S. Olympic men's basketball team neared Beijing.

"I was sitting next to Jerry [Colangelo] and said, 'You know, we've waited three years to get off this plane and do this,' " the coach said Wednesday, shortly after the team arrived for the Summer Games. "I think we're prepared, and while we're here we need to prepare more."

With their Olympics opener scheduled for Sunday against the host Chinese, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and the rest of the team arrived amid near pandemonium after fans waited hours for a glimpse of their basketball heroes. Later, the players held a team meeting before deciding to head to the Olympic village to take in the sights.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/basketball/news/story?id=3521416

MiamiHeat
08-06-2008, 08:45 PM
cant wait until sunday
thank god the game is 10:30am easterntime :D

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
cant wait until sunday
thank god the game is 10:30am easterntime :D

For some reason NBC in the West Coast is televising the game 10:30 AM PST (that's what it says on my TV guide from my cable provider)

tape delay??

Shawh
08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
For some reason NBC in the West Coast is televising the game 10:30 AM PST (that's what it says on my TV guide from my cable provider)

tape delay??

Oh wow, I hope so, I'm going to check my TV Guide too. I don't want to wake up that early (7:30). Yeah, mine says so too.

mikeyvee
08-06-2008, 10:18 PM
theyre gonna win the gold this year

lakers4sho
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh wow, I hope so, I'm going to check my TV Guide too. I don't want to wake up that early (7:30). Yeah, mine says so too.

It says 10:30 on yours as well? So will they show it live on the East Coast but they'll delay it on the West Coast? Actually that's not a bad thing for me.

D3Wade
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Oh boy, I sure hope Wade can keep up his performance with those 18 ppg and those nice little passes to Chris Bosh :)

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 05:00 AM
The NBA mods and TMs haven't discussed the details yet, but there are just way too many random Olympic basketball threads popping up in the NBA forum now. Please post news articles in this thread unless they are of some outstanding significance (a major injury to a major NBA player, for example). I imagine we can run game threads for the U.S. games and maybe other key games if there's enough interest. But for the most part, please try to center your discussion in this thread and post more minor news stories related to Olympic basketball here.

Thank you - denbutsu

========================
========================

#24 Lakerland
08-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Discuss here. Game is tomorrow. I think it's going to be an easy game.

stawka
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
There are two things bothering me.

1 - If I hear anyone call them the "Dream Team" again, i'm going to unleash random headbutt's at anyone or anything that comes in my way.

2 - WTF is with this team? Why do the Team selectors want to lose? I don't understand. The world has changed and Europe has some nasty talent that can and will ball, and are a lot hungrier than Team USA.

CHOOSE THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE! You're redeeming yourself, not repeating. Meaning "when you **** up, you try to make up for that the next time around". That doesn't mean get Bosh as a backup Centre, Jason Kidd as backup Point Guard, Michael Redd as your specialist 3-point shooter (who had a bad % this year may I add). This is pathetic. There is no better Centre in the league than Bosh? No better PG than Kidd? No better shooter than Redd?

Hopefully they lose again this year, so next time they can be referred to as the Dreamin' Team - because a core of Wade/Kobe/LeBron/CP3/Dwight should do damage. And for God's sake, get Melo out of there. He had 1 good run with Team USA, doesn't mean he is the GOAT - BANISH HIM FROM CHINA!!!!!

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Oh boy, I sure hope Wade can keep up his performance with those 18 ppg and those nice little passes to Chris Bosh :)

he will, he's their spark of the bench :nod:

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
And for God's sake, get Melo out of there. He had 1 good run with Team USA, doesn't mean he is the GOAT - BANISH HIM FROM CHINA!!!!!

:rolleyes:

While it's true that he hasn't been playing all that well so far, that's pretty ridiculous.

What team are you rooting for, stawka? I'd just like to know so that when Melo burns 'em for like 21/9 and caps it off with one of these (http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6fH-Vn6aA), I can track you down and re-quote you on this. :nod:

Anyways, here's the stats from the first 5 exhibition games. Sure, they may not be "dream team"-esque numbers, but they're still, um, "not that bad".

|---TOTAL---| |---3-PTS---| |----REBOUNDS----|
## Player GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
09 Wade, Dwyane....... 5-1 101 20.2 34-47 .723 5-7 .714 17-23 .739 6 9 15 3.0 11 0 12 9 1 11 90 18.0
15 Anthony, Carmelo... 5-5 105 21.0 26-50 .520 4-16 .250 21-22 .955 6 20 26 5.2 10 1 9 4 2 3 77 15.4
06 James, LeBron...... 4-4 103 25.8 26-39 .667 3-7 .429 6-11 .545 5 13 18 4.5 12 1 16 10 3 12 61 15.3
10 Bryant, Kobe....... 5-5 115 23.0 23-46 .500 7-19 .368 14-20 .700 2 9 11 2.2 16 0 18 9 1 11 67 13.4
11 Howard, Dwight..... 5-5 100 20.0 22-29 .759 0-0 .000 6-18 .333 3 23 26 5.2 12 0 2 5 5 8 50 10.0
08 Redd, Michael...... 5-0 64 12.8 16-29 .552 12-24 .500 4-6 .667 0 8 8 1.6 3 0 1 2 0 1 48 9.6
12 Bosh, Chris........ 5-0 65 13.0 12-15 .800 0-0 .000 14-16 .875 3 9 12 2.4 12 0 2 2 2 2 38 7.6
13 Paul, Chris........ 5-0 109 21.8 14-22 .636 4-8 .500 5-6 .833 4 8 12 2.4 16 1 27 8 0 3 37 7.4
07 Williams, Deron.... 5-0 101 20.2 13-22 .591 1-6 .167 5-10 .500 3 7 10 2.0 7 0 25 10 1 7 32 6.4
04 Boozer, Carlos..... 4-0 30 7.5 4-8 .500 0-0 .000 6-8 .750 1 7 8 2.0 4 0 0 2 2 1 14 3.5
14 Prince, Tayshaun... 5-0 44 8.8 5-11 .455 1-4 .250 0-0 .000 0 7 7 1.4 2 0 2 0 2 1 11 2.2
05 Kidd, Jason........ 5-5 64 12.8 2-2 1.000 1-1 1.000 0-0 .000 2 8 10 2.0 5 0 7 8 1 5 5 1.0
TEAM............... 4 20 24 6.0 0 0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total.............. 5 1001 197-320 .616 38-92 .413 98-140 .700 39 148 187 37.4 110 3 121 69 20 65 530 106.0
Opponents.......... 5 1001 128-311 .412 40-108 .370 79-119 .664 54 126 180 36.0 116 4 68 101 5 35 375 75.0

As far as Melo's numbers go, the biggest knock I see on him is his pretty lame 3pt%. But outside of that, he's the 2nd leading scorer after Wade, he's tied with freakin' Dwight Howard as the leading rebounder, and he's made 21 of 22 free throws.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
:rolleyes:

While it's true that he hasn't been playing all that well so far, that's pretty ridiculous.

What team are you rooting for, stawka? I'd just like to know so that when Melo burns 'em for like 21/9 and caps it off with one of these (http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6fH-Vn6aA), I can track you down and re-quote you on this. :nod:

Anyways, here's the stats from the first 5 exhibition games. Sure, they may not be "dream team"-esque numbers, but they're still, um, "not that bad".

|---TOTAL---| |---3-PTS---| |----REBOUNDS----|
## Player GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
09 Wade, Dwyane....... 5-1 101 20.2 34-47 .723 5-7 .714 17-23 .739 6 9 15 3.0 11 0 12 9 1 11 90 18.0
15 Anthony, Carmelo... 5-5 105 21.0 26-50 .520 4-16 .250 21-22 .955 6 20 26 5.2 10 1 9 4 2 3 77 15.4
06 James, LeBron...... 4-4 103 25.8 26-39 .667 3-7 .429 6-11 .545 5 13 18 4.5 12 1 16 10 3 12 61 15.3
10 Bryant, Kobe....... 5-5 115 23.0 23-46 .500 7-19 .368 14-20 .700 2 9 11 2.2 16 0 18 9 1 11 67 13.4
11 Howard, Dwight..... 5-5 100 20.0 22-29 .759 0-0 .000 6-18 .333 3 23 26 5.2 12 0 2 5 5 8 50 10.0
08 Redd, Michael...... 5-0 64 12.8 16-29 .552 12-24 .500 4-6 .667 0 8 8 1.6 3 0 1 2 0 1 48 9.6
12 Bosh, Chris........ 5-0 65 13.0 12-15 .800 0-0 .000 14-16 .875 3 9 12 2.4 12 0 2 2 2 2 38 7.6
13 Paul, Chris........ 5-0 109 21.8 14-22 .636 4-8 .500 5-6 .833 4 8 12 2.4 16 1 27 8 0 3 37 7.4
07 Williams, Deron.... 5-0 101 20.2 13-22 .591 1-6 .167 5-10 .500 3 7 10 2.0 7 0 25 10 1 7 32 6.4
04 Boozer, Carlos..... 4-0 30 7.5 4-8 .500 0-0 .000 6-8 .750 1 7 8 2.0 4 0 0 2 2 1 14 3.5
14 Prince, Tayshaun... 5-0 44 8.8 5-11 .455 1-4 .250 0-0 .000 0 7 7 1.4 2 0 2 0 2 1 11 2.2
05 Kidd, Jason........ 5-5 64 12.8 2-2 1.000 1-1 1.000 0-0 .000 2 8 10 2.0 5 0 7 8 1 5 5 1.0
TEAM............... 4 20 24 6.0 0 0
Total.............. 5 1001 197-320 .616 38-92 .413 98-140 .700 39 148 187 37.4 110 3 121 69 20 65 530 106.0
Opponents.......... 5 1001 128-311 .412 40-108 .370 79-119 .664 54 126 180 36.0 116 4 68 101 5 35 375 75.0

As far as Melo's numbers go, the biggest knock I see on him is his pretty lame 3pt%. But outside of that, he's the 2nd leading scorer after Wade, he's tied with freakin' Dwight Howard as the leading rebounder, and he's made 21 of 22 free throws.

good stats! :clap:

Devils05
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
What game are you talking about? Basketball games don't start until Sunday

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 11:32 AM
good stats! :clap:

Yeah, when by all accounts your team is looking shoddy compared to expectations and you're still beating your exhibition game opponents by a margin of over 30 points on average, I think it's safe to say that you're going into the real competition on some pretty solid footing.

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
52% shooting from a big man in exhibition games against bad teams isnt anything that good.
most of the guards are shooting better than that, and they are raining threes.

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM

maybe he was thinking by the time people see his thread, the game might be tomorrow? ;)

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
52% shooting from a big man in exhibition games against bad teams isnt anything that good.
most of the guards are shooting better than that, and they are raining threes.

It isn't that bad, either, when you consider that it's being dragged down by his .250 3pt%.

His 2pt% is .765 (26-34).

And I don't know how to calculate it, but his eFG% should be well above .520 once you factor in his near perfect FT shooting.

Actually, the biggest knock I'd have on his offense so far would be that he's settling for too many perimeter shots rather than being more aggressive in the paint, which he definitely should be as the PF. He's playing Sheed ball.

lakers4sho
08-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I wish games would be exciting, I would be really disappointed if they turn out to be blowouts :pity:

#24 Lakerland
08-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Since I'm 12 hours ahead of you guys, it's a day for me. And I ment for the Womens basketball games start.:)

stawka
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm rooting for team USA. I live in Australia, but I don't watch ANY Aussie basketball.

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
It isn't that bad, either, when you consider that it's being dragged down by his .250 3pt%.

His 2pt% is .765 (26-34).

And I don't know how to calculate it, but his eFG% should be well above .520 once you factor in his near perfect FT shooting.

Actually, the biggest knock I'd have on his offense so far would be that he's settling for too many perimeter shots rather than being more aggressive in the paint, which he definitely should be as the PF. He's playing Sheed ball.

oh i know, i was just pointing out he isnt shooting well overall.(well, just not as good as many other players. 52% isnt "bad")
definitely should stick to the inside more. 3pters are what they have all those guards for.

phlp_bj
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
go team usa

DenButsu
08-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm rooting for team USA. I live in Australia, but I don't watch ANY Aussie basketball.

Hopefully they lose again this year, so next time they can be referred to as the Dreamin' Team

I'm having a hard time synching these two ideas...

And if anyone's calling them the "Dream Team", it must be your Aussie media. Because every single reference I've seen to that title from any of the players, coaches, or representatives of U.S. men's basketball has only been to point out: "We are NOT the Dream Team, there was only one Dream Team and that was in 1992". And instead of that, they've been calling it the "Redeem Team", which is kind of silly (and not all that inspirational), but more accurate nonetheless.

cambovenzi
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm having a hard time synching these two ideas...

And if anyone's calling them the "Dream Team", it must be your Aussie media. Because every single reference I've seen to that title from any of the players, coaches, or representatives of U.S. men's basketball has only been to point out: "We are NOT the Dream Team, there was only one Dream Team and that was in 1992". And instead of that, they've been calling it the "Redeem Team", which is kind of silly (and not all that inspirational), but more accurate nonetheless.

the team is pretty sick nasty though.
CP/deron/kidd, kobe/wade, lebron, melo/bosh, dwight howard.
(and some great defenders/role players in there that i didnt mention)
plenty of allworld and future HOF'ers in there.

GSW fan
08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I like brownies

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
I like brownies

With M&M's?:rock::rock::dance::superman::jumpy:

cahawk
08-08-2008, 04:16 AM
I like this team, with the USA recent history of falling flat, I think they will play defense and team ball.
My only fear is that when the spotlight is on that kobe may revert to trying to hog the spotlight and the team chemistry will fall apart.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Colangelo wants Melo accurate, in best shape

"Carmelo still has work to do in terms of getting ready," said Colangelo, whose team opens the Olympics on Sunday against China. "He came up with a little cramp because of conditioning (in Thursday's practice). . . . We need a lot out of Carmelo.

"He has to play at the same intensity (of the past two summers). He has to get up and down the court. He has to knock down his shots. Right now, he's not shooting well and he's not in the best of shape yet."

Anthony said he didn't get a cramp Thursday. He just banged his knee.

"My conditioning is good," Anthony said. "It's not a problem."rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/colangelo-wants-melo-accurate-in-best-shape/)

cambovenzi
08-08-2008, 04:39 AM
id like to see the US team play a little more cautiously, and seriously.
not just slingin the ball around like turnovers dont matter.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 04:55 AM
id like to see the US team play a little more cautiously, and seriously.
not just slingin the ball around like turnovers dont matter.

It'll be telling to see how they look in that first game.

I think it's quite possible they really just weren't trying all that hard in those exhibition games. Didn't want to exhaust themselves when playing 4 games in 5 days (or whatever it was), didn't want to risk injury, etc.

The first game on Sunday is against China. They'll be playing in an ocean of red. The away-est of away games.

Does anyone here really think those guys won't be thriving on having something to prove, on showing the host country and the world that they mean business and they know how to get the job done?

I think we'll see a much more focused and determined effort.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 05:21 AM
US team schedule and links added to top post.

superkegger
08-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Anyone got it?

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=2008molyschd
hope this helps

ink
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey superkegger, go to the Olympic forum. DenButsu started a great thread in here about Olympic basketball and we moved it to get Olympic activity to start happening in there - http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256834 .

Joshtd1
08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Cant wait for this to begin :clap:

Not just the USA team, but all the other teams. Im hoping there will be some good games that will come down to the last play.

superkegger
08-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Those games better be televised on network TV, cause I don't have cable or anything and I want to see these games.

Spurred1
08-08-2008, 05:55 PM
So which team do you think poses the biggest threat to USA winning the gold?

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Here's a pretty good mix of highlights from the 5 US exhibition games that might ratchet up your anticipation a notch or two:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=CTqoFETvCHg

Sixerlover
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I fear Spain will give us a run in the finals..

_Sn1P3r_
08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Can't wait for the USA vs. China game! It should be good.

DenButsu
08-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I fear Spain will give us a run in the finals..

I don't fear any of our opponents, but I don't take any of them lightly, either. We have a clear advantage going into any game, but that's an advantage we can easily piss away if we don't take teams seriously, don't stay focused and play well together as a team, don't give an all-out effort, etc.

But I think we've got a really great squad here, with a great coach and veteran leadership and talent out the wazoo. I don't see us falling into the traps we could set for ourselves.

The only thing I really fear is the thing that could happen in any basketball game, that in one game, one player just gets incredibly hot - and that game happens to be an elimination game. For example, I don't know how good all-around the German team is, but I could see this squad having a hard time finding defensive answers for Dirk. But we just have so many weapons, and enough flexibility in the roster, that all we have to do is play as well as we can to run the table. I do believe that.

Shawh
08-09-2008, 04:21 AM
I've been looking forward to this for some time now, can't wait!

It looks like the games will be tape delayed on the West Coast, so I'll have to refrain from checking the scores online.

MiamiHeat
08-09-2008, 12:17 PM
cant wait for CHINA VS USA

Devils05
08-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Team USA games will be on NBC or USA

China: NBC
Angola: USA
Greece: USA
Spain: NBC
Germany: USA

Shieldsz
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
The US vs Latvia volleyball match is very tight... kind of dissappointed in USA

CubsGirl
08-09-2008, 04:00 PM
The US vs Latvia volleyball match is very tight... kind of dissappointed in USA
Cuba is going to be tough to beat too. I just watched Cuba v. Poland and they beat some serious ***.

Shieldsz
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah i saw that too. Well we lost the 1st set. Rogers really disappointed me there, Thin Beast basically did al the work

24/7 All Day
08-09-2008, 04:06 PM
5 Am Pst :(

AntwanN21
08-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I live in canada and wanted to know the easters times for all the games and where and what channel the would be brocasted!

A url to a site would also be good!

Looking to watch Usa vs Germany,China,Spain and Greece

CubsGirl
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
I live in canada and wanted to know the easters times for all the games and where and what channel the would be brocasted!

A url to a site would also be good!

Looking to watch Usa vs Germany,China,Spain and Greece
www.nbcolympics.com

IndiansFan337
08-09-2008, 07:14 PM

He is from the Middle East, not the US.

Chicago657
08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Eh, they both seemed to suck. Phil couldn't get a block.

May/Walsh are playing now.

Zaunnie
08-09-2008, 11:09 PM
haha Elyse Hofner-Hibbs who participated in the gymnastics event just recently graduated from my high school

nybigjg
08-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Question...

USA vs. China: Aug. 10, 10:15 a.m. ET (men's basketball)

What channel is that game on? NBC?

Fool
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
When IS the game? I'm seeing 10:30 on the website, but is that Beijing time?

porsheboxr
08-10-2008, 01:55 AM
The scheduling to watch the games are incredibly confusing and hard to find. Does anybody know what time the game on Sunday will be aired and on what channel? From what I have found it'll be at 7:15am PST, however I don't know which nbc channel. Regular NBC channel? MSNBC? USA? Thanks.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
according to TVGuide.com its on NBC
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/summer-olympics/tv-listings/294210
(Times are Eastern)

porsheboxr
08-10-2008, 02:06 AM
(Times are Eastern)

Thanks for the link. It now says it starts at 10 am PST. NBC should make this damn thing clear.

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 02:09 AM
as I find links for games, I'm going to post them here. since the only games on the local channel in the US (NBC) are Team USA games, I will try to provide streams to games in this thread.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 02:11 AM
(Times are Eastern)

Thanks for the link. It now says it starts at 10 am PST. NBC should make this damn thing clear.

the times are eastern not pacific.... its 10 am EST, so its 7 PST

so what you originally heard is true

porsheboxr
08-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Once you click the link, all the times change to local time. It says PST and the city I am located in.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 02:24 AM
as far as I have figured out, almost if not all the Olympic Basketball games are on this link (mms://msolympics-enc02-high.wm.llnwd.net/msftolympicslive-live/msolympics_ENC02_high)

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Once you click the link, all the times change to local time. It says PST and the city I am located in.

thats weird, because the game is actually @ 10 am EST

porsheboxr
08-10-2008, 02:32 AM
thats weird, because the game is actually @ 10 am EST

Yep, maybe it's being aired at a different time here.

ink
08-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Got info on other national teams? Post here!

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 02:48 AM
I guess I'm the only one watching Spain / Greece.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Spain playing right now

www.rojadirecta.org to get some streams.

Toucgh game so far, as expected form the Greeks.

Referees being too permisive, NOT A GODD THING

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm watching it. It's on USA

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:04 AM
Great basket by rudy, sapin goes up by 8 near the half time.

Crap, if the game had been earlier i could have gone to Claws hotel to see it in a big tv, now im at home with a lousy 21" ,

dirk206
08-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Jesus christ spain is so loaded with talent, I'm watching the game right now and I can't believe it. Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Rudy Fernandez, Ricky Rubio, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jose Calderon, and Jorge Garbajosa. It's just crazy, I love how Rudy Fernandez is going by Rudy on his jersey:clap:

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
I like the energy they play with. And this is really the 1st time I'm watching Rubio play against real talent.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Hey Sixerlover, how are you seeing the rookies ( Marc and rudy ) fare?

And Rubio?

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:09 AM
I guess I'm the only one watching Spain / Greece.

youre not

Sixerlover
I like Rudy as a 6th or 7th man in Portland (only because of Roy). He looks like he can come over and do some damage, because not only is he very active, but he is a ball handler and can shoot.

Marc Gasol looks like he has a NBA center body, I have to see him play a little more before I can make a real judgement, but I hear he is a very good post player, with a nice little 16 footer. And obviously a lot more physical than his brother. It's possible he could see some real minutes on a Memphis team with a soft frontcourt.

How do you think they'll fare?

dirk206
Yeah, I really enjoy these international games because it's more team play rather then the 1 on 1 play we see in the NBA. Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Ricky Rubio ball up as well. I'm hoping I can muscle up enough energy to wake up at 7AM to watch USA/China play against each other.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:10 AM
Jesus christ spain is so loaded with talent, I'm watching the game right now and I can't believe it. Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Rudy Fernandez, Ricky Rubio, Juan Carlos Navarro, Jose Calderon, and Jorge Garbajosa. It's just crazy, I love how Rudy Fernandez is going by Rudy on his jersey:clap:

almost the entire team has the 1st name instead of the last name, except I think for Navarro and (Pau) Gasol

I think its partial, to avoid confusion between the players

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:11 AM
Spain winning by 6 at half time and underperforming, seems pau has not gotten over the finals yet...

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 03:11 AM
haha it's on at 10am over here, so I'm fine with going to sleep at 4 am and waking up at 10 am.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Rudy wil have a hard time in portland since ROy is a star and Byless can play the 2 and webnster too if outlow is on the ocurt.

I think Mcmillan is a bit Chauvinistic about american players so im afradi rudy wont se more than 10 minutes a game,
as for marc i dont see why cant he put Darko into teh bench by mid season, or at least meov darko to teh 4 .

12 points 8 rebounds in 30 minutes?

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:13 AM
And yeah Marc is a hell much tougher than Pau

How bout Rubio?

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Rudy wil have a hard time in portland since ROy is a star and Byless can play the 2 and webnster too if outlow is on the ocurt.

I think Mcmillan is a bit Chauvinistic about american players so im afradi rudy wont se more than 10 minutes a game,
as for marc i dont see why cant he put Darko into teh bench by mid season, or at least meov darko to teh 4 .

12 points 8 rebounds in 30 minutes?

He is doing damage this game.

I don't know about Rubio. He seems very out of control, but has a very nice handle.. He has another year to go though, so I'll probably see more of him than this. VERY excited to see him play against Paul / Kidd / Williams.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:19 AM
when the game went on it said BOB 2008, and I had no idea what that meant until it said that its the Beijing Olympic Basketball gymnasium

R.Miller
08-10-2008, 03:19 AM
yea west coast gets it at 10 am, 3 hours later. Anyone know of a stream that will have it live? I hate watching replayed games.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:21 AM
yea west coast gets it at 10 am, 3 hours later. Anyone know of a stream that will have it live? I hate watching replayed games.

yes I posted a link Here (http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258083)

2nd post in the thread

I'm not 100% sure the game will be on that link but so far all the bball games were on it

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:30 AM
now! this is the game i wanna see, the one who may give trouble to Usa team..
adn with some bench men in the court.

R.Miller
08-10-2008, 03:31 AM
yes I posted a link Here (http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258083)

2nd post in the thread

I'm not 100% sure the game will be on that link but so far all the bball games were on it

sweet. Thnx a lot man. Only 8 more hours :D

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:34 AM
sweet. Thnx a lot man. Only 8 more hours :D

actually, its less than 7 :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:34 AM
15-2 run by spain, this is sealed.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:46 AM
jwalk you there?

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:46 AM
I'm watching it. It's on USA

you couldnt tell me that?

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:47 AM
jwalk you there?

I'm around

dirk206
08-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Anyone think Vasileios Spanoulis will ever return to the NBA because he's showing he can play right now against Spain?

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Well that those last two plays show how Marc is no Softie..

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:49 AM
looked like Pau wanted a Hi 5, and Marc looks at him as if he cant be serious

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Still we only played our level for 5 minutes at the start of the querter, im worried.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 03:52 AM
why didnt anyone tell me the game is on channel USA?

I feel like an idiot watching it on my computer

MoBASS
08-10-2008, 04:02 AM
I know the game starts at 10:15 AM Eastern, but I was looking at the NBC guide online and it states that the game will be on at 10:00 AM Pacific as well?

Are they really going to tape delay the game on the West coast? This is ********!

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 04:08 AM
how many threads are there for this?

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 04:12 AM
well, that game wasnt terribly boring :nod:

I'm going to bed

Hellcrooner
08-10-2008, 04:12 AM
finals score spain 81, greece 66, not bad it pretty seals us in the final 8t since there is no way we dont win at least 1 out of the next 4 games.

BUt we have to play better if we want any chance to beat Usa.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 04:18 AM
any chance the Lithuania - Argentina game will also be on TV?

MoBASS
08-10-2008, 04:19 AM
Sorry I didn't search well enough.

MoBASS
08-10-2008, 04:19 AM
It's still ******** though that I have to watch on tape delay! I'm not gonna watch on my cpu.

Shawh
08-10-2008, 04:36 AM
If I'm stupid enough, I'll stay up and watch it live.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 04:38 AM
why stay up all night to watch a game @ 10 am?

Shawh
08-10-2008, 04:41 AM
No idea, that's why I said if I'm stupid enough :D

SC1211
08-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Anyone think Vasileios Spanoulis will ever return to the NBA because he's showing he can play right now against Spain?

Nah, he did the same thing before we drafted him. He pretty much came out and said that you could make him the starting Spurs PG, and he still wouldn't play.

On a sidenote: Lithuania vs. Argentina right now

DeeJay
08-10-2008, 05:45 AM
Lit-Arg 34-31 right now.... pretty even game

LAcowBOMBER
08-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Argentina does not look impressive at all

conceptual23
08-10-2008, 09:01 AM
They really need to come out an set the tone early. imho this is a statement game!

LakerzDQ
08-10-2008, 09:29 AM

no doubt, spain's got some good players. they're definitely in contention for a silver medal.

R.Miller
08-10-2008, 10:04 AM
It's still ******** though that I have to watch on tape delay! I'm not gonna watch on my cpu.

Yep it pure BS what NBC is doin. Thats why im going against them and watching it online :mad:

Shieldsz
08-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Who's watching the - USA game? Decent game... but it looks like we don't need to try

Shieldsz
08-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Lebron went streetball for a second. Yao and Yi and Wang Zhi Zhi!

Shieldsz
08-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Holy crap! hahahahaa he blocked with 2 hands and just RIPPED it down.

Anyone want to discuss with me :sigh:

grkmaster
08-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Its becoming a dunk athon for the USA!

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 10:44 AM
What channel is this game on!!!

grkmaster
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Nbc

grkmaster
08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Kobe said get out my way!

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 10:52 AM
On local NBC? Ive got nothing in L.A. I have Direct TV, is it on MSNBC or some other NBC?

grkmaster
08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Well do a search on all the channels showing Olympics. It is bound to be on one of them. I am watching it on NBC HD...

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 10:55 AM
All I can find is ****ing archery and tennis!!!! Ugh, WTF!! Going to do a search then.

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Apparently we're not cool enough on the West Coast to get it live. I think it's tape delayed for us. :bs:

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow that was really annoying first thing in the morning. Have fun watching the game that I'll be able to see in a couple of hours:bang:

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
you COULD watch it online if you want :shrug:

cubfan23
08-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Hells yeah I just woke up to find out my Lithuanian squad just beat Argentina in the 1st round.

Sox Appeal
08-10-2008, 11:47 AM
no doubt, spain's got some good players. they're definitely in contention for a silver medal.

I think Spain has a legit chance to win the gold. They go 8-9 deep, with 5 of those players being NBA players. They have a legit post player in Gasol, they also have terrific guards in Navarro, Calderon, etc. and they could give the US guards some problems.

Sabres39
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I was just watching the Women's double rowing team, and we came so close to beating the reigning world champs, the Aussie's. We lost by .11...which is pretty good for the two rowers considering they usually only do single events.

Jay22Redd
08-10-2008, 12:52 PM
1-0
Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cambovenzi
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I was just watching the Women's double rowing team, and we came so close to beating the reigning world champs, the Aussie's. We lost by .11...which is pretty good for the two rowers considering they usually only do single events.

The Official Basketball Olympics Thread;)

in other news, china got poned

Ramon Nivar
08-10-2008, 01:28 PM
:pity:

I was enjoying watching the US-China game but when I went to MyYahoo! to check my E-Mail the headline was the final score. :(

cambovenzi
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Apparently we're not cool enough on the West Coast to get it live. I think it's tape delayed for us. :bs:

what are you talking about?
they havent played yet;)

Cub_StuckinSTL
08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Water polo is on Go USA WHOO

mjt20mik
08-10-2008, 03:18 PM
anyone know where i can watch the highlights of USA's game tday?

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 03:23 PM
what are you talking about?
they havent played yet;)

The game was delayed for us people on the West Coast. The game started at 10:15est but out here on the West Coast it didn't start until 10:15pt At 7:15 this morning I was looking for the game and couldn't find it.

Yeah that game was a total shellacking. I was a little concerned when China was able to keep it close until about half way through the second 2nd. I think they even wiped out a 7 point lead we had. Our superior athleticism took over in the 2nd and we went on a 16-3 run. The game was over at that point. It seemed like half of our points were scored by dunks. :clap: Bring on Angola!!!

daleja424
08-10-2008, 04:55 PM
apparently the entire olympics are taped delayed for mountain and pacific standard time... sorry guys...

lakers4sho
08-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Anybody know how to watch the games online? Anyways according to my tv guide the next games won't be shown on the regular NBC (or NBC HD). I have to tune in on USAHD to watch the games (they also show Spain's games and some other teams too, not sure about that though).

It's a pain in the *** when you don't have DVR...

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Anybody know how to watch the games online? Anyways according to my tv guide the next games won't be shown on the regular NBC (or NBC HD). I have to tune in on USAHD to watch the games (they also show Spain's games and some other teams too, not sure about that though).

It's a pain in the *** when you don't have DVR...

I'm not sure how to get the game online. Do you have a link to the schedule for team USA? I know the next game is on this Tuesday but I'm not sure of the time, not to mention the West Coast tape delay like they did today.

JWalk126
08-10-2008, 07:35 PM
supposedly you can watch live games on http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/resultsandschedules/index.html

but I have the wrong isp or some crap like that.... or I could be wrong and its just the games archived online for watching later

Sports Illustrator
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=2008molyschd

^^That's the complete schedule. If you want Eastern Times, you subtract 18 hours to the time listed.

lakers4sho
08-10-2008, 10:44 PM
supposedly you can watch live games on http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/resultsandschedules/index.html

but I have the wrong isp or some crap like that.... or I could be wrong and its just the games archived online for watching later

They are showing some events live online, like the Women's Basketball Australia vs. Spain live right now.

They also have a full archive of events, I'm currently watching Men's Basketball Russia vs. Iran right now.

IndiansFan337
08-11-2008, 09:30 AM
That USA-China game looked like a dunkfest for the USA, from the highlights that I saw.

cambovenzi
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
That USA-China game looked like a dunkfest for the USA, from the highlights that I saw.

started off slow. few dunks here and there.
missing 3's while china was staying alive making all of theirs.

then they got worn down, and US dunked all over them in fast breaks.

Prime07
08-11-2008, 12:09 PM
With the re-emergence of Wade, and the defensive role Kobe has adopted LeBronze (and the U.S) will finally be redeemed from the awful Olympic showings of the past. Can't wait till Tuesday :)

lakers4sho
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Meh, Tuesday's game will be another blowout, I can't wait until we face Greece and Spain.

24/7 All Day
08-11-2008, 01:20 PM
4x100M relay :speechless:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/cnogoy/usa.gif

JimmyMal450
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
4x100M relay :speechless:

:nod: awesome...

cambovenzi
08-11-2008, 03:27 PM
phelps is a freak.
ridiculously good shape.

Jay22Redd
08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Of course.

JWalk126
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm not going to even bother watching the game vs Angola

knicks1214
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
IDK it could be...within...60 points like the Canada game. LOL. But, I don't think they are going to lose any games this olympics...they have a team of go-to players if they start losing and J-Kidd (pops) won't let them tarnish his perfect international ball record.

mariotubes
08-11-2008, 03:52 PM
they'll win gold without a doubt

t-mac1nukka
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Meh, Tuesday's game will be another blowout, I can't wait until we face Greece and Spain.

greece just got whooped up on too!!!!

Tblaze
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
as much as I like team USA, I do have to say spain has been very impressive, and I think they're going to give the usa a very hard time seeing they are used to playing europian ball...

bogdanrom
08-11-2008, 06:14 PM
The most important games aren't group games, the most important are the playoff games, or whatever they're called. We could beat Spain in the group, but I know for sure they would play better and stronger during the playoffs. I still think we will gold though.

njnets
08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
who is angola lol.

BALLER71
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
who is angola lol.

Somebody failed geography.

lakers4sho
08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm not going to even bother watching the game vs Angola

Same here. I heard Spain's next game is against China, I'd rather watch that game.

_Sn1P3r_
08-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll still watch the game.

Oh, is Germany in our pool too?

lakers4sho
08-11-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll still watch the game.

Oh, is Germany in our pool too?

Yes :nod:

MiamiHeat
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
people say Angola is the worst team in the group, so we gonna crush them

GSW fan
08-11-2008, 08:47 PM
i thought argentina would be good but they lost to lituania

MiamiHeat
08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
i thought argentina would be good but they lost to lituania

at the last second Lithuania hit a 3 with like 3 seconds left, that sucks lol

Lakersfan2483
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
The competition for the U.S. will be both Greece and Spain, with that being said, I think we should win the Gold.

lakers4sho
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Lithuania is a pretty good team actually, I think if they play really well they can end up as a bronze medalist.

lakers4sho
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
The competition for the U.S. will be both Greece and Spain, with that being said, I think we should win the Gold.

I wouldn't count out Spain, they're a good team, and they're exteremely deep as well. They've got Pau Gasol and Ricky Rubio coming off the bench.