PDA

View Full Version : Are the Kings going to make the playoffs?

ALLEN IVERSON
08-09-2008, 09:59 PM
to make the playoffs :confused::confused::cool:

DerekRE_3
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Nope. We just traded our best player. And even if we didn't. It's still VERY doubtful. The West is just too good right now.

Catfish1314
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
No. The end.

If we do, I'll sell my house.

Kings Faithful
08-09-2008, 11:17 PM
O comon guys lets not be so negative. You never know what might happen! I saw we at least have a chance at the 8th spot.

DerekRE_3
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM
O comon guys lets not be so negative. You never know what might happen! I saw we at least have a chance at the 8th spot.

Not being negative, just realistic.

The Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Mavs, Warriors, Trailblazers, Clippers, and the Suns are clearly better than the Kings. That's 10 teams.

Kyle N.
08-10-2008, 12:03 AM
As things stand right now, no. But stranger things have happened. A trade could turn the tables. Also, injuries on another team. Don't be looking into the season like it's impossible for us to make it, just don't get your hopes too high up.

suiogan16
08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
west is to strong maybe need a 50 win season just to get the 8th spot

sgcashmere
08-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Not being negative, just realistic.

The Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Mavs, Warriors, Trailblazers, Clippers, and the Suns are clearly better than the Kings. That's 10 teams.

What? How dare you insinuate that Beno Udrih and Mikki Moore aren't talented enough to help us join the elite in the West!

RocketsRule
08-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Well we didn't make the playoffs, when we had Artest and Bibby for half a season. Now we have neither, so chances are very, very slim.

'Cat, what's you're house like I might be interested.

CaptainCool79
08-10-2008, 09:44 PM
You can't rule it out at all yet. There's so many unknowns...what if kmart scores 28 a game this year? or if one of our rookies turns out to be rookie of the year. There's just so many things that could turn out good for us. Besides...the warriors suck. They sucked last year too. Same with the Nugs. The worst defensive team lost its ONLY defender. theyre garbage now. And there's no guarantee Baron davis can take the clippers to the playoffs alone. There's way too many guys on the kings that could step up big time and way too many west teams that are a lot worse than last year. Don't rule out the playoffs yet. A 50 win 8th seed wont happen again.

M's Fan2411
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
nope but the season will still be fun wit all these young players

S*Franchise*F
08-11-2008, 03:11 AM
48 wins will grab the 8 spot...at best kings wont get 48 wins...im looking at a year in which we show marked improvement toward youth, defy the critics, be established as up and comers, but fall short.

GOTTI
08-11-2008, 04:37 AM
I Think It Is Possible To Make The Playoffs But Unlikely! If You Look At The West You Have.. Lakers,spurs,hornets,jazz,rockets. Those Teams Are A Lock For The Playoffs! And The Suns,mavs, Are In The Category Of Most Likely. But Wouldn't Be Surprised If One Of Them Didn't Get In. And In My Opinion Mavs And Suns Are In The Downfall Due To Age. So That Leaves Kings,warriors,blazers,and Nuggets To Fight It Out To Get That 8th Spot. Hey You Never Know It Can Happen!

RockinJays
08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
probably not but hey I BELIEVE theres hope out there for them to make the playoffs. we are the underestimated team. the team that gets no national tv time. the team that starts the season on the road once again. let the KINGS fly under the radar. GO KINGS!

RocketsRule
08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Like I said before, with both Artest and Bibby going to be gone for a full season, I doubt we do as good as last year. I expect us to put up 25-30 wins this season, it's a rebuilding year, and the lower the better since we can get Rubio or Jennings and be a great team for years to come. Anyway here are my playoff standings:

1. LA Lakers
2. NO Hornets
3. Houston Rockets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Utah Jazz
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Golden State Warriors

We are no where near any of those teams in terms of talent.

Catfish1314
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Like I said before, with both Artest and Bibby going to be gone for a full season, I doubt we do as good as last year. I expect us to put up 25-30 wins this season, it's a rebuilding year, and the lower the better since we can get Rubio or Jennings and be a great team for years to come. Anyway here are my playoff standings:

1. LA Lakers
2. NO Hornets
3. Houston Rockets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Utah Jazz
6. Phoenix Suns
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Golden State Warriors

We are no where near any of those teams in terms of talent.

You'd actually have to switch the Spurs and the Jazz, since one team from each division has to be in the top four. Plus I think unless the Spurs make a move, the Jazz will be better than them next year anyway.

RocketsRule
08-13-2008, 12:00 AM
You'd actually have to switch the Spurs and the Jazz, since one team from each division has to be in the top four. Plus I think unless the Spurs make a move, the Jazz will be better than them next year anyway.

Possible, I just did that quickly anyway.

Either way we won't get into the playoffs, unless we pull a Portland last year, which is pretty unlikely.

Beno7500
08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
You can only hope they do. Nothing is for sure.