PDA

View Full Version : will amare re-sign when his contract runs out??

mitch91
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
there is alot of talk of nash not re-signing but what i am much more worried about is amare walking away if the suns do not go far into the playoffs.

so let me know what use think

SpeedReed
08-09-2008, 02:58 PM
i think we need to pay amare CASH MONEY. can't let him walk.

J-Relo
08-09-2008, 03:46 PM
extend contract after this season, after we get rings...

PhxGiant
08-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Quote me on this, Amare is NOT going anywhere. He is our franchise player, and he will retire as a Phoenix Sun.

Rome
08-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Hope so. If he even thinks of leaving ill have to give him a call ha

mitch91
08-09-2008, 06:47 PM
i really hope he re-signs but if we dont win him a ring or if we even dont get far in the playoffs and if say nash doesnt re-sign then will he walk??

STAT32
08-09-2008, 06:52 PM
He'll sign a massive contract extension next summer. Probably a record breaker...

barkley4prez
08-09-2008, 07:50 PM
He'll sign a massive contract extension next summer. Probably a record breaker...

hopefully he doesn't sign it in europe!
i hope kobe goes to italy:clap:

Willy T Justice
08-10-2008, 02:04 AM
i really hope he re-signs but if we dont win him a ring or if we even dont get far in the playoffs and if say nash doesnt re-sign then will he walk??

Amare loves Phoenix. He has family that lives here and loves the city. He and Amare Jr. threw the first pitch out today at Chase Field for the D-backs. I would be willing to bet that he signs a max contract this year for the SUNS so he doesn't hit the free agent sweepstakes and the Suns lock him up. I believe that is what the Suns are thinking. As for europe the food stinks and they can;t get a handle on their garbage problem. Besides that, he can come back and say i just won the Euro championship and threw down 50 points on so and so who no one has heard of. That would be impressive. A ring here is what he is striving for not one in Euro. Why waste time in Europe when your time is limited in the NBA due to age and injury. He stays with the SUNS!!!!

phxman22
08-10-2008, 02:07 AM
i think it depends on how are team looks, if were playoff bound he'll resign if were not i think he wont.

Rome
08-10-2008, 03:05 AM
He'll stay here. I believe if he improves his defense and career best year, he could be MVP in a year or two. 28 10 5

mitch91
08-10-2008, 09:13 AM

Amare loves Phoenix. He has family that lives here and loves the city. He and Amare Jr. threw the first pitch out today at Chase Field for the D-backs. I would be willing to bet that he signs a max contract this year for the SUNS so he doesn't hit the free agent sweepstakes and the Suns lock him up. I believe that is what the Suns are thinking. As for europe the food stinks and they can;t get a handle on their garbage problem. Besides that, he can come back and say i just won the Euro championship and threw down 50 points on so and so who no one has heard of. That would be impressive. A ring here is what he is striving for not one in Euro. Why waste time in Europe when your time is limited in the NBA due to age and injury. He stays with the SUNS!!!!

thanks for your input. i already know he loves phoeinx but how can we expect him to stay if we arent contending??? and why are u talking so much about europe lol

FreedomReigns
08-10-2008, 01:00 PM
I suppose anything is possible including signing with another team in either the NBA or somewhere in Europe but I don't believe the Suns will let Amare get away. He's Sarvers bread winner now and in the future.

Amare will resign for 25 million over 4 years.

king4day
08-10-2008, 03:49 PM
If we are showing signs of being a true contender in a few years during/after his signing, then he'll do it.
If we look like the Cavs do now (without LBJ), then he will go where the future is bright and the money is green (like Philly did with Brand).

chadillachembre
08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
i highly expect amare to re-up with us. we will give him a max contract when its time.

Willy T Justice
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Willy T Justice;6227816]

thanks for your input. i already know he loves phoeinx but how can we expect him to stay if we arent contending??? and why are u talking so much about europe lol

When will this team not be contending??? We have only missed the playoffs 6times since the 1976. There are only 2 other teams that can say that. Everyone is talking about Europe where have you been. Headlines "will James sign for 50 mil a year to play in Europe".

kjfan
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
as long as front office keeps the team strong and picks up some big free agents in 2010

mitch91
08-11-2008, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE=mitch91;6228863]

When will this team not be contending??? We have only missed the playoffs 6times since the 1976. There are only 2 other teams that can say that. Everyone is talking about Europe where have you been. Headlines "will James sign for 50 mil a year to play in Europe".

godsake obviously i no this team has been contending!!!! BUT....what happens if they brake down over the next couple of years. i mean come on man its a possibility and im saying that and im a huge suns fan

and yes i no all about the headlines of kobe signing for 50mil and all of that stuff its just the person who started speaking of europe was just out of the blue nobody else mentioned it! if hes talking about amare possibly signing for a european team then fair enought but that wasnt made very clear. thats all im saying. chill man

Willy T Justice
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM
All im saying mitch is this team has a way of picking up FA and having good drafts that allow the suns to be competitive every year. As for the europe comment it was because someone else had brought it up earlier in this post. Of course there is always a possibility but the Suns have always reloaded when needed.