PDA

View Full Version : F1 Discussion

nascar10294
08-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Any F1 fans out there? Who do you like?

Lets talk about F1.

First I want to say the the F1 should make the Hockenheim race on the old course. The old course was so fast and fun to watch, I don't know why they switched it. The knew track is boring, imo. If the used the old track, they could get a 3rd team involved more, like when Williams used to domiante there with Juan Montoya and Ralf. Brring the old track back.

MarkieMark48
08-10-2008, 01:07 AM
kyle busch after he tests and lands a ride

nascar10294
08-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I would love for that to happen. I just want to see how he woiuld do in the pressure of European sport. And in the post race press confreces, he couldn't use his one word answers or the simple, the car sucked.

I would think about rooting for him though if he went to F1.

heatbb
08-23-2008, 03:01 AM
I would adore 2 racing layouts for F1. One year shorter, next year longer, then shorter and so on.
Sadly, the old Hockenheimring is covered with trees nowadays. :D
New one is also great, beacuse it gives alot of possibilities to overtake. Just watch 2002 Kimi and Juan Pablo fighting there. It was one of the best battles of nowadays.

Personally, i root for every McLaren driver.

nascar10294
08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I thought the outline of the track is still there?. They could always cut down any trees and repave it though.

heatbb
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM
They definetly can, but Germans are very "green" people and the track owners would be eaten by the politics, if they do this. :(

nascar10294
09-07-2008, 09:08 AM
oh ugh thats terrible.

heatbb
09-07-2008, 04:41 PM
FIA's decsision to penalize Hamilton today, just awful. Proves again, that FIA isn't neutral. :(

JJ_JKidd
09-08-2008, 12:13 AM
FIA's decsision to penalize Hamilton today, just awful. Proves again, that FIA isn't neutral. :(

Maybe they dont like a black Champion. But it was clear right there, he straightlined the curve, then dint back off (substantially). Well he did back off but he backed off at the moment they were hitting the curve and Kimi had no advantage (significant) gained through Hamilton's mistake in the curve.

As a result Kimi was on pursuit, was reckless which resulted in him crashing his car and ending his 2008 campaign.

nascar10294
09-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Hamilton had the chance to back off, let Kimi around him, then we would go back at it. Lewis just slowed down for a second and then sped away, not giving Kimi a fair shot around him.

I think the FIA favors McClern, because Lewis should have been penilized more. If it was in the middle of the race and he failed orders, he would have been DQ'd, but since its after the race they only penilized him 2 spots.

JJ_JKidd
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Rivals unhappy with Hamilton's driving
Complaints of ''unnecessary movements''

A week after the Spa-Francorchamps penalty controversy, championship leader Lewis Hamilton's on-track antics are back in the spotlight.

The McLaren driver got involved in some close encounters during Sunday's Italian Grand Prix, including with his old foe and former teammate, Fernando Alonso.

"There was some unnecessary movements he made," the Spaniard told reporters in his native tongue at Monza, "and he repeated them with Glock and Webber. It is his way of racing."

Toyota's Timo Glock was also not pleased when asked about Hamilton's driving.

"I do not know what he was thinking. I was right next to him but he left me no room. Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track," the German is quoted as saying by RTL.

"The next time I am with him (on track), I will behave with him in exactly the same way," Glock promised.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080915141257.shtml

heatbb
09-18-2008, 01:55 PM
This means, that you can't actually pass anyone? I personally don't take it very seriously, as Alonso whines all the times, specially when McLaren is the subject.
Glock pushed too much himself. Obviously Hamilton helped him onto the grass, but he had every right to do it.