PDA

View Full Version : Gasol and Bynum

SAVAGE CLAW
08-09-2008, 01:25 AM
Ok, everybody thinks that Lakers with the core of Kobe,Gasol and Bynum have a 4 or 5 year window to make some rings.

Its also expected from Bynum to start growing as a player, he will be prime in 5 years, Gasol in five years will be in his later prime like 32 or 33.

Ok imagine Kobe decides to retire in 5 years, he will be 36 and playing Nba since being 17 .

Would it be enough to grant more rings with Bynum Playing the lead role and Gasol playing the secondary role?

{}
08-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Ok, everybody thinks that Lakers with the core of Kobe,Gasol and Bynum have a 4 or 5 year window to make some rings.

Its also expected from Bynum to start growing as a player, he will be prime in 5 years, Gasol in five years will be in his later prime like 32 or 33.

Ok imagine Kobe decides to retire in 5 years, he will be 36 and playing Nba since being 17 .

Would it be enough to grant more rings with Bynum Playing the lead role and Gasol playing the secondary role?

Bynum? Good grief, the timid one with the blank stupid stare managed to dunk on Shaq once, and suddenly he's the next great thing? I'll agree with Kobe in this one case, Bynum is a joke.

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Bynum? Good grief, the timid one with the blank stupid stare managed to dunk on Shaq once, and suddenly he's the next great thing? I'll agree with Kobe in this one case, Bynum is a joke.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

rajaguy
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
one of you has way too much time on his hands, and the other one has no idea what he's talking about

BH-Sports
08-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Nobody knows. I mean i truly want to believe so but right now . No.

I have to really see how he developed this year then maybe ill decide by the end of the year

Sixerlover
08-09-2008, 01:56 AM
I mean I'll have to see how Bynum came off of this injury to make any judgement. He had one good half a season, and got hurt for 6+ months. I want to see how he responds to this.

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Nobody knows. I mean i truly want to believe so but right now . No.

I have to really see how he developed this year then maybe ill decide by the end of the year

i agree...Has he looked good from the little teenie tiny bit we've seen? OBVIOUSLY! When Bynum plays a full NBA season i'll wait to answer any question about him. People on here praise em like hes god and almost make em hateable.

ink
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
I'd like to see Bynum, Gasol and Kobe become a great trio. No problem with that. I hope Bynum recovers from his injury and is ready to go at the start of the season.

cahawk
08-09-2008, 10:16 AM
No doubt the Laker's have the most talent but they will fail again this year and I think the window will close either because kobe will bolt or create dissension because they fail....and what that implies.

NYMetros
08-09-2008, 10:23 AM
It depends on how Bynum rebounds from his injury. If he is back to 100%, then maybe they could win a Championship. I think they may be lacking some other pieces though.

bball1217
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
It depends on how Bynum rebounds from his injury. If he is back to 100%, then maybe they could win a Championship. I think they may be lacking some other pieces though.

I agree.

Leftcoast_yg
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:haterade

zachattach
08-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Guys if you watched Bynum very often youd understand why this kid is getting so much praise. No he isnt great, but he has a huge cealing. Gasol compiments him very well with his ability to hit a 17ft set shot and his passing ability (also both have true back to the basket games). Then you throw in one of the top three players in the world on this team and a versatile forward like Lamar. With the players surrounding that core you can compete for a championship for along time. And oh ya the oldest one of the three is 30.

If your team was in this same position whether you were the Magic, Heat,Nuggets, Spurs or whoever else, you'd be stocked on the future too.

You all just dont like the Lakers!! (and thats the TRUTH)
IN the end it comes down to competing

hockeypro68
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
When kobe leaves, a shitload of capspace is going to open up, and the LA Lakers of all teams will do something with that capspace to land another allstar caliber player, no doubt about it.

ink
08-09-2008, 07:16 PM
When kobe leaves, a shitload of capspace is going to open up, and the LA Lakers of all teams will do something with that capspace to land another allstar caliber player, no doubt about it.

I don't think Kobe will be going anywhere. Not to pull the thread off topic, since it's about GASOL and BYNUM.

ink
08-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Guys if you watched Bynum very often youd understand why this kid is getting so much praise. No he isnt great, but he has a huge cealing. Gasol compiments him very well with his ability to hit a 17ft set shot and his passing ability (also both have true back to the basket games). Then you throw in one of the top three players in the world on this team and a versatile forward like Lamar. With the players surrounding that core you can compete for a championship for along time. And oh ya the oldest one of the three is 30.

If your team was in this same position whether you were the Magic, Heat,Nuggets, Spurs or whoever else, you'd be stocked on the future too.

I think that's a big part of it. Bynum has a ton of potential and he's already shown it. Give the guy his due.

hockeypro68
08-09-2008, 07:18 PM
No no, I agree kobe isn't going anywhere. We're talking about retirement.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2008, 07:24 PM

Nobody is saying the Lakers aren't an elite team. They were this year without Bynum. Everyone is simply questioning how good Bynum will be. Potential is just that. It means nothing if it isn't realized. Bynum was a 13-10 guy who is in foul trouble a lot. He could become a very good center. And he may just stay right where he is.

ink
08-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Nobody is saying the Lakers aren't an elite team. They were this year without Bynum. Everyone is simply questioning how good Bynum will be. Potential is just that. It means nothing if it isn't realized. Bynum was a 13-10 guy who is in foul trouble a lot. He could become a very good center. And he may just stay right where he is.

But he would free up Gasol to play at PF where he would be more effective.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2008, 07:34 PM
But he would free up Gasol to play at PF where he would be more effective.

Yeah, I know. But the Lakers have other issues as well. Their point guard play is suspect, big time. Their bench is not as strong as everyone raves, and they are not the best defensive team. They will be a top 4 team in the NBA next year I think, but Bynum is not going to have that big of an effect. Their rebounding may get better, Odom and Gasol are soft, and Bynum seems fairly tough

ink
08-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I know. But the Lakers have other issues as well. Their point guard play is suspect, big time. Their bench is not as strong as everyone raves, and they are not the best defensive team. They will be a top 4 team in the NBA next year I think, but Bynum is not going to have that big of an effect. Their rebounding may get better, Odom and Gasol are soft, and Bynum seems fairly tough

I'm going to wait and see since I haven't seen the three of them together. It'll be as if they obtained Bynum in an off-season move.

GspLAL
08-09-2008, 11:27 PM

Wrong, before Bynum went down I remember our defense being very solid with him in the lane blocking shots/contesting, it was a huge plus, when he went down it was immediately noticed.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Wrong, before Bynum went down I remember our defense being very solid with him in the lane blocking shots/contesting, it was a huge plus, when he went down it was immediately noticed.

Well, hopefully, for Laker fans everwhere, you are right on. The ring wil be a formality then. I just think that Bynum is a good player, nothing more. For Laker fans, hopefully I am wrong. I don't think he will ever be more than a 15-10 guy who live in foul trouble

Shieldsz
08-09-2008, 11:50 PM
NBA forum = Lakers forum 2.0 :pity:

I have to see Bynum play 1 whole season like he did last year before injury.. then ill know he can truly ball.

cmellofan15
08-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Honestly I hate the Lakers for no apparent reason LOL but Bynum has potential and I can recognize his talent because its not like the Lakers team gangbanged everybody moms. They're a good team...

GspLAL
08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, hopefully, for Laker fans everwhere, you are right on. The ring wil be a formality then. I just think that Bynum is a good player, nothing more. For Laker fans, hopefully I am wrong. I don't think he will ever be more than a 15-10 guy who live in foul trouble

I agree hes nothing more than good right now but can be a 20 10 guy once kobe retires or if hes not on a stacked team.

ink
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM

I don't think so. But hate sucks no matter what direction it's coming from. Not saying you're hating, but it's easy to do. Whether people hate the Lakers, the Celtics, or whoever.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Its hard to rememeber a champion who basically was leaded by two big men unless they had at least a border line all-star or all-star playing the point or the Shooting Guard.

Robinson and Duncan had Parker and Manu, Hakeem and Thorpe had Cassell .

mmmm Maybe the Bullets? i think i read their main players were the Pf and C when they won.

Thats a long way back, so they better get someone good for the Backcourt when Kobe Retires.

zachattach
08-10-2008, 02:35 AM

Well this is the thing his potential has shown that he is capable of getting you 25pts 15 reb and 3 blks in a game. He is 7ft 1inch has a back to the basket game and this sets him above most young bigs including your very own Josh Smith. Just watch the guy more often if you get the chance.

GspLAL
08-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Its hard to rememeber a champion who basically was leaded by two big men unless they had at least a border line all-star or all-star playing the point or the Shooting Guard.

Robinson and Duncan had Parker and Manu, Hakeem and Thorpe had Cassell .

mmmm Maybe the Bullets? i think i read their main players were the Pf and C when they won.

Thats a long way back, so they better get someone good for the Backcourt when Kobe Retires.

Dont think Parker was playing when Robinson was.

GspLAL
08-10-2008, 02:39 AM

I have to see Bynum play 1 whole season like he did last year before injury.. then ill know he can truly ball.

hate more? no one was complaining about all the rockets threads, there's a **** load of Laker fans on this forum what do you expect.

Sixerlover
08-10-2008, 02:39 AM
^ They had Avery Johnson

Shieldsz
08-10-2008, 02:49 AM
hate more? no one was complaining about all the rockets threads, there's a **** load of Laker fans on this forum what do you expect.

Nah I don't hate any NBA team... I just wish there were as many sixer fans :sigh: