PDA

View Full Version : Houston Rockets Trio of Yao, Mcgrady and Artest, will they win a title together?

JordansBulls
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Yao will be around 28 at the start of next season while T-mac will be around 29 at the start of the season and Artest will be 29 at the start of the season.

With that in mind, does anyone think that trio will win a title together?

NOTE: Usually I ask with just Yao and Mcgrady, but adding Artest changes things considerably.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
If Ming is healthy T-Mac is healty and Artest suddenly discovers Zen then count on it.

Pity these are too many things to happen at the same time.

richardle9
08-09-2008, 01:23 AM
si senor

KOBE24=NBA#
08-09-2008, 01:35 AM
nope 2 many good teams especially the lakers...

stawka
08-09-2008, 01:37 AM
nope 2 many good teams especially the lakers...

Get off Kobe's nuts or get off the forum!

Anyway, if healthy they have a good chance. I honestly hope T-Mac gets traded to another team at the end of the season. I don't like Yao, I don't like Artest, I don't like anybody on that team except T-Mac. I don't see all 3 of them staying healthy all season, but if they do - then they have a good chance.

richardle9
08-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Get off Kobe's nuts or get off the forum!

Anyway, if healthy they have a good chance. I honestly hope T-Mac gets traded to another team at the end of the season. I don't like Yao, I don't like Artest, I don't like anybody on that team except T-Mac. I don't see all 3 of them staying healthy all season, but if they do - then they have a good chance.

woah!! he is on his nuts!!??? gross

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 01:40 AM
If all of them will be healthy then they have a really good chance. Also if Artest maintains his "good" behavior. They have a really good starting five and a pretty good bench. But there are a lot of really good teams, especially in the West. Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, Jazz and others. Plus the Celtics, Detroit in the East. I wouldn't say they are far from a title, but they're not close either. If they win a title I think it will be in at least two years.

BenFrank
08-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Thay have a good shot, But a lot has 2 happen as stated by Savage Claw..

But with Luis Scola with a year under his belt, Shane battier comin off tha bench with aggresive defense, and a solid 3 point shooter, and the key addition of Brent Barry.

If there's ne chance of Yoa and Tracy stayin healty for 1 full season!!! thay can compete with ne one, lockin up the 1 or 2 seed, thay'll defently get out the first round, and sky's tha limit

G-Funk
08-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Stern will make sure of that.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 01:55 AM

I think if Stern would alter the Finals, he make it Lakers vs Celtics again or something like that.

Jay22Redd
08-09-2008, 01:56 AM

lol that wrong

G-Funk
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
I think if Stern would alter the Finals, he make it Lakers vs Celtics again or something like that.

T.V ratings will be way bigger than a Celtics/Lakers finals if Yao makes it.

*Superman*
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
They have a good shot healthy, and i love Tmac to death(Orlando days...), but i just don't see it happening.

From not passing the 1st round to Championship in a few years, and all you add is Artest, they will get farther, but i don't see a ring.

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 02:12 AM
T.V ratings will be way bigger than a Celtics/Lakers finals if Yao makes it.

Haha. True. True. I forgot over one billion people. We just need an Indian basketball player, then we are going to have the most watched NBA Finals ever. Personally I hope he comes to the Wizards. Wishfull thinking.

mcnasty54
08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
nope, but they should come close.

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 02:16 AM
i voted no....Yao or T-Mac has yet to prove to me that they can stay healthy enough to actually play together when it counts. COULD THEY??? if Aretest, Yao, And McGrady are 100% and play the whole season healthy and injury free then OF COURSE. McGrady and Yao are top NBA Talent and Artest isnt bad himself.

qwestion13
08-09-2008, 02:24 AM
How many more Rockets threads do we need?

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 02:25 AM
How many more Rockets threads do we need?

fair question.

val_modus
08-09-2008, 02:44 AM
With McGrady and Yao healthy this team is as good as anyone in the league, now you add a determined Artest who understands his role and i think this is the best roster in the NBA, but the question still remains if they can stay healthy, if they can they why not?

Hellcrooner
08-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Can they=? yes

will they? Im not nostradamus

hockeypro68
08-09-2008, 03:09 AM
I like their odds

t-mac1nukka
08-09-2008, 03:29 AM
imagine a yao-yi finals!!!!!!

cambovenzi
08-09-2008, 03:30 AM
I like their odds

i dont.
too many injury issues, and so many other great teams.

t-mac1nukka
08-09-2008, 03:31 AM
i voted no....Yao or T-Mac has yet to prove to me that they can stay healthy enough to actually play together when it counts. COULD THEY??? if Aretest, Yao, And McGrady are 100% and play the whole season healthy and injury free then OF COURSE. McGrady and Yao are top NBA Talent and Artest isnt bad himself.

why?? theyve done it twice already!!! only last year did yao and tmac not play together in the playoffs. and if the olympics wasnt this summer who knows...yao may of played.

cbs134679
08-09-2008, 03:32 AM
Rockets should win it all, they were all ready the 2nd or 3rd best defensive team in the league, and they added artest, which should elevate there defense even more and we all know what wins championships, not to mention they added a 3rd scoring option.

Catfish1314
08-09-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't think a team with Artest on it can ever win a championship. This team has the coach and the talent but so have a lot of other teams and they were less injury prone than this one.

If the Rockets can stay healthy, they'll obviously be one of the best teams in the West and the NBA. I'd love to see Rick win the ship he's deserved for a while but I won't give this team too much praise just yet.

But then again, I was one of the biggest Celtics doubters last summer and then again Stephen Jackson was able to win a championship in his career. So what the hell, take my opinion for what it's worth.

DaddyCool
08-09-2008, 05:04 AM
They'll lose in the WCF for like 3 straight years is my prediction. Naw, they don't win it. They're never healthy.

PS: Catfish answer your damn pm.

goku
08-09-2008, 05:26 AM
if they stay healthy and have that same fire the celtics had

$ NyC $
08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
think thats a great trio...but health has always been a major issue with Yao/T-Mac and Artest isn't always in the best shape

barreleffact
08-09-2008, 07:21 AM
dont see it. too injury proned, but if miraculously they can al mesh and not get injured, they have a strong chance

TMAC94
08-09-2008, 07:30 AM
a heathly yao and tmac imo is a title contender, id say anything short of a NBA title is failure, id give them 3 or 4 seasons win and win at least 2 of them

DaddyCool
08-09-2008, 08:00 AM
a heathly yao and tmac imo is a title contender, id say anything short of a NBA title is failure, id give them 3 or 4 seasons win and win at least 2 of them

I swear you are the biggest homer on these boards. The problem is that yao and T-Mac are all very injury prone. Yao plays basketball 365 days a year with the NBA half, then the Chinese basketball team. T-Mac is a very old 29, since he's a 12 year vet. Injuries are bound to happen.

Knickrocketsfan
08-09-2008, 08:00 AM
if everyone stays healthy all systems are a go

Knicks845
08-09-2008, 08:04 AM
All healthy, they have a good chance, but so does every body!?, Celtics,Lakers,Hornets,Rockets,Utah,.............. Knicks <--- OH, lol jp but you see everybody has a good chance, noone will never know...

TMAC94
08-09-2008, 08:10 AM
u serious?

man, we will win the title

DaddyCool
08-09-2008, 08:21 AM
There should be a homer ecomotion made just for this guy. You gotta face the facts. Yao and T-Mac, one of them is almost gauranteed to miss a majority of games.

LakerzDQ
08-09-2008, 08:28 AM
there is a good possibility that they're gonna win a championship within the next 5 years.

but it all depends if Artest stays in Rockets after this season. and it depends on injuries.

innovator
08-09-2008, 08:54 AM
as long as the celtics still have pp,kg,ray and the lakers still have kobe,gasol,bynum,odom and the hornets have cp3,chandler,west then the answer is NO.. but maybe 2nd or 3rd place in the west

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
i dont think that they can win a title together

astrosmaniac
08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Well until last year, most of yao's injury were freak accidents, like when hayes head broke his knee. And last year t-mac missed only like 10-15 games. id rather have yao and mcgrady misse 15 games each (not at the same time) and have them healthy for the playoffs IMO

goku
08-09-2008, 12:38 PM
they might

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
u serious?

man, we will win the title

high hopes huh....this team has the players to get it done. You should just be hoping the Rockets can get out of the 2nd round. They should, but then again that was the case most of the time.

CowboysKB24
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think so.
TMac is not a Superstar in the league like he used to. The Rockets were a better team without Yao in the line up which is weird. TMac shooting percentage is 41.9 % with 29.2% from 3-point and 68% from the line. Those numbers are not efficient. I think with the addition of Artest they will be a better team but I don't think good enough to be elite in the West. It is hard to tell because the Rockets looked good without Yao last season now you add Artest and Yao on that squad well see.

MiamiHeat
08-09-2008, 02:10 PM
if they dont get out of the 1st round at least
TMac's rockets career is over

Kyle N.
08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't think a team with Artest on it can ever win a championship. This team has the coach and the talent but so have a lot of other teams and they were less injury prone than this one.

If the Rockets can stay healthy, they'll obviously be one of the best teams in the West and the NBA. I'd love to see Rick win the ship he's deserved for a while but I won't give this team too much praise just yet.

But then again, I was one of the biggest Celtics doubters last summer and then again Stephen Jackson was able to win a championship in his career. So what the hell, take my opinion for what it's worth.

I think that's true. They aren't going to win it next year. Ron Artest is going to go berserk. Neglect his dogs. Hit his wife. Get himself ejected from games and get traded.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-09-2008, 04:08 PM
they will win a ring.

HAWKS.NO27
08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
How bout you guys worry about making it out the 1st round of the playoffs! FIRST thing FIRST right? :eyebrow:

_Sn1P3r_
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
If healthy, I think they are contenders for sure.

18colts29
08-10-2008, 12:57 AM
If all 3 are healthy they will win this year. If 2 of 3 healthy, great chance. If one healthy, could be a chance by years end.

18colts29
08-10-2008, 12:58 AM
How bout you guys worry about making it out the 1st round of the playoffs! FIRST thing FIRST right? :eyebrow:

Same with Bulls, right.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-10-2008, 01:47 AM
In fact the first thing should be to assure they make it TO the first round.

They should be there but in the wild wild west you never know.

phxman22
08-10-2008, 02:00 AM
healthy= champions
injured= losers

stevefrancis
08-10-2008, 03:47 PM
they won 55 games last year, 2 wins short of the lakers. now you add artest. of course nothing matters until they prove they can get healthy. kobe never got out the first round before he had pau after those shaqless years and the lakers were always a 7th seed. you never know andrew bynum can get injured again then the post will change to will lakers every stay healthy to win a ring.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't think they will even make it to the finals.

PhillyLuver
08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
I think to have any shot they all have to be in top condition

hyp21
08-10-2008, 04:30 PM
no. anyone see Yao get hurt in the olympics? Yeah, things to come for the rockets and their fans.

IS27NY
08-10-2008, 04:31 PM
western conference finals i'm gonna pick the Jazz like the past 2 years

stevefrancis
08-10-2008, 04:58 PM
the houston rockets will go 82-0 and kobe bryant and lebron james will average a combined 1 point per game next season. dikembe mutombo is the best player in nba history and kevin garnett is a poor mans chuck hayes.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Artest is too disfunctional, on paper this looks great however, like many have already cited Tmac and Yao being healthy is huge. This team also has to gel with Artest and vice versa.... west is too challenging at this point..playoff bound not title bound.

sanfranfan1210
08-10-2008, 05:27 PM
I think they will win a title

Reezy
08-10-2008, 05:30 PM
If they are healthy, I could see them getting to the WCF. But that will probably not happen (being healthy).

JAZZNC
08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Zero titles for this group I believe. No Rockets fan will agree with me I'm sure though :D

Vegasguy80
08-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Artest will be there one year and won't play but half the season. So no, no title. The Rockets wasted their money

goku
08-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Artest will be there one year and won't play but half the season. So no, no title. The Rockets wasted their money

he's playing for more money and new contract of course he will play hard

sevanseven
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
no, but the addition of artest will help mcgrady finally get out of the 1st round. that 'bout it.

JIDsanity
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah they will. I think they get to the finals next season, unless the injury bug hits them. But ya never know.

goku
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
artest wants a championship so maybe he can add a little fire to t-mac and yao

stevefrancis
08-10-2008, 07:12 PM
you guys are just hatin because your lakers or your mavs etc didnt get artest. the logical answer is if they are healthy they should be capable of winning a title. its not like they didnt make the playoffs this pass season or were a low seed. they were 2 games out of first place and without yao ming. im not sayin there a lock to win im not sayin theyll even pass the first round but this puts them with the lakers hornets spurs to contend in the west.

97'bulls
08-10-2008, 07:12 PM
no because the nba is legitamite again

goku
08-10-2008, 07:29 PM
you guys are just hatin because your lakers or your mavs etc didnt get artest. the logical answer is if they are healthy they should be capable of winning a title. its not like they didnt make the playoffs this pass season or were a low seed. they were 2 games out of first place and without yao ming. im not sayin there a lock to win im not sayin theyll even pass the first round but this puts them with the lakers hornets spurs to contend in the west.

true:clap:

Boozerguy47
08-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Doesn't Artest only have one more year on his deal? If he resigns then I'd give them a 20% chance of winning one sometime within next five years or so, but if he is only there this year then there is no way they'll win. One year won't be enough for Artest to fully find his place on the team.

JordansBulls
08-11-2008, 10:16 AM

Totally agree!

I remember everyone saying Boston would be nothing last year and then when they win the title people say it's because they had 3 stars. Well if you say they wouldn't be anything and they win, then how could you use the amount of stars as an excuse?

obrpunk
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
i think its a bad year for the rockets to be good. good big 3, some nice role players, a great coach...just too many healh issues and too many other good teams in the west. they'll be fun to watch though, thats for sure.

RapsFan4Life
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
i think the trio is good but not great, yao i just dont see being tough enough, tracy needs a ball handeling pg .. he cannot make the decisions he isnt lebron ! ... and artest can only hold a team so strong, he isnt a title winner, look at guys like KG doesnt matter who u put on him he will play consistant and with heart, i dont see artest doing that... there are too many good trios in the west .. lakers i hate to admit it ... and new orleans with tyson west and paul + peja ... even SA with timmy tony and manu + bruce

they can get far but i dont see tracy holding up that finals mvp trophy ... im sorry tracy your still the man !

charlsdq7
08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
nope, but will be in the finals

sep11ie
08-11-2008, 01:54 PM

Exactly. We all know the city of Boston is "IN" right now!

sep11ie
08-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Ya, cause he loves that Ron Artest guy sooooooooooooo much. I'm sure he'd love to see him in the spotlight again.

DrHoops21
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
the rockets will def be contenders with their new trio. there is no doubt about that. will they win one? hard to say. There have been so many trios who were amazing but didnt win championships. but i think the main challenge the rockets need to get through is to keep all 3 of them healthy. they are all injury prone and the odds of at least one of them missing significant time are so high. that could very well be their downfall

agobbi17
08-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok the Rockets already had a great team that was a contender in the west without Yao Ming. You get Yao Ming back, you then drop the scrubs from the team, add Ron Artest and Brent Barry, now you have a recipe for success.

Lets be honest, when the Rockets were on the 22 game winning streak, no one wanted to play them. They've already proven they can win, but can they stay healthy in the playoffs? we'll see.

JordansBulls
08-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Ok the Rockets already had a great team that was a contender in the west without Yao Ming. You get Yao Ming back, you then drop the scrubs from the team, add Ron Artest and Brent Barry, now you have a recipe for success.

Lets be honest, when the Rockets were on the 22 game winning streak, no one wanted to play them. They've already proven they can win, but can they stay healthy in the playoffs? we'll see.

I think that is the big concern. However if healthy the only teams that can beat them are Boston and LA.

skyhibballpj87
08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
the rockets have always been a good team in my eyes but they are never able to stay on the floor collectivley as a group. if yaos not injured tmac is if tmacs healthy yaos injured. if tmac and both yao are healthy rafer and shane are out. if by some miracle there not injuries yes they have a good chance of going deep into the playoffs artest upgrades them for a couple of reasons it makes them even more dangerous defensivley and they gained him without loosing there top defender before artest shane battier. with the addition of artest the rockets become a deep team that can defend. as well as score, question is can yao and tmac stay in for the majority of the season as history tells us its not likely to happen im not a rockets fan but im sure there praying for a healthy season.

Rhyming Rebel
08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Rockets will win it all GO ROCKETS

Rome
08-11-2008, 06:37 PM
I actually like them as one of the top teams in the west now. But let's see if geting artest gets the past the 1st round then ill start talking about them winning a championship. Top 3 trios in the L though.

JordansBulls
08-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Rockets will win it all GO ROCKETS

:clap:

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Yao Ming did not look good at all in the Olympic game vs. USA. He looked really out of shape and seemed very timid on the floor. He rarely got in the post despite his height advantage and only hung around the three-point line and mid-range. He also got some sort of injury midway through the game, which should be a disappointment for Rockets fans. If Yao Ming does not regain his old form this season, which seems likely, then the Rockets will not win the championship this year. Artest is also a free agent this upcoming season and it is undetermined whether the Rockets will resign him.

Also, it seems as if the Rockets will have a lot of trouble running their offense with the trio of Yao, McGrady, and Artest. In the beginning of the season, the Rockets started of terribly as did their offense. There seemed to be confusion in the offense because Yao and McGrady have a hard time sharing the ball. When McGrady went out and Yao was the main priority on offense without question, the Rockets went on a little streak. When Yao went down in the middle of the Rockets "famous" streak, the Rockets continued on their run and even seemed to improve by the game. The Rockets will have even more trouble sharing the ball on offense and identifying the main scorer now that Artest has been added to the mix.

With all that being said, I will stay with my original prediction and say that the Rockets will not win the championship let alone making it to the Finals.

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
the point of rich adelmans offense is so everyone gets their shots. did anyone complain in those sacto days? and how does tmac have a hard time sharing the ball he averages over 5 assist for how many pass seasons. it takes 55 wins to get a home seed in the west and houston did that without yao and artest and now you add them the only thing to stop them is injuries so close this thread until the season starts.

still1ballin
08-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Yao Ming did not look good at all in the Olympic game vs. USA. He looked really out of shape and seemed very timid on the floor. He rarely got in the post despite his height advantage and only hung around the three-point line and mid-range. He also got some sort of injury midway through the game, which should be a disappointment for Rockets fans. If Yao Ming does not regain his old form this season, which seems likely, then the Rockets will not win the championship this year. Artest is also a free agent this upcoming season and it is undetermined whether the Rockets will resign him.

Also, it seems as if the Rockets will have a lot of trouble running their offense with the trio of Yao, McGrady, and Artest. In the beginning of the season, the Rockets started of terribly as did their offense. There seemed to be confusion in the offense because Yao and McGrady have a hard time sharing the ball. When McGrady went out and Yao was the main priority on offense without question, the Rockets went on a little streak. When Yao went down in the middle of the Rockets "famous" streak, the Rockets continued on their run and even seemed to improve by the game. The Rockets will have even more trouble sharing the ball on offense and identifying the main scorer now that Artest has been added to the mix.

With all that being said, I will stay with my original prediction and say that the Rockets will not win the championship let alone making it to the Finals.

nice

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2008, 02:56 AM
the point of rich adelmans offense is so everyone gets their shots. did anyone complain in those sacto days? and how does tmac have a hard time sharing the ball he averages over 5 assist for how many pass seasons. it takes 55 wins to get a home seed in the west and houston did that without yao and artest and now you add them the only thing to stop them is injuries so close this thread until the season starts.

Here is an observation by Fran Blinebury of the Houston Chronicle:

"It is no coincidence that the Rockets have blossomed as Yao Ming's teammates have grown around him. Over the past seven games, five different players have scored 20 or more points six times. Rafer Alston (20 at NY), Luther Head (24 at Washington), Aaron Brooks (22 vs. NY), Bonzi Wells (25 at Boston), Rafer Alston 22 (vs. Golden State) and Luis Scola (22 vs. Memphis).

Those are the kinds of numbers the Rockets have been seeking since training camp. It is the kind of support and balance that can open things up so much for Yao in the middle.

But can those numbers -- will those numbers -- continue when McGrady is back in the lineup, commanding his touches, taking his shots? Will he be a turbo-charger on the Rockets' offense? Or a brake on the offensive movement? ..."

Another observation from Blinebury:

Blinebury explains that McGrady has "told some people that he doesn't really think the offense can work."

Obviously there are a lot of people, including McGrady himself, that feel there is a chemistry problem between McGrady and Yao making the offense very hard to operate smoothly. The ball doesn't flow through the offense with these two dominant players that truly need the ball in their hands to be effective. With the addition of Artest, the chemistry on the court (which may be great off the court) will be terrible and almost unbearable to watch if things are to continue as they have been in previous years.

One of the reasons Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant worked well together was because of great chemistry and a great understanding of the offense. Although Bryant is a dominant ball-handler, his understanding of the offense and how to utilize big men (ie Shaquille O'neal) created a smooth transition on offense where there was never a stalemate or break in offensive movement, which resulted in one of the most prolific offenses in the last decade. Bryant needs the ball to be effective, which caused questions to whether the addition of Gasol may work. It very well did as they were able to feed off each other and become even more efficient with the pairing. McGrady and Yao have no such chemistry or fluidity on the court.

goku
08-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Here is an observation by Fran Blinebury of the Houston Chronicle:

"It is no coincidence that the Rockets have blossomed as Yao Ming's teammates have grown around him. Over the past seven games, five different players have scored 20 or more points six times. Rafer Alston (20 at NY), Luther Head (24 at Washington), Aaron Brooks (22 vs. NY), Bonzi Wells (25 at Boston), Rafer Alston 22 (vs. Golden State) and Luis Scola (22 vs. Memphis).

Those are the kinds of numbers the Rockets have been seeking since training camp. It is the kind of support and balance that can open things up so much for Yao in the middle.

But can those numbers -- will those numbers -- continue when McGrady is back in the lineup, commanding his touches, taking his shots? Will he be a turbo-charger on the Rockets' offense? Or a brake on the offensive movement? ..."

Another observation from Blinebury:

Blinebury explains that McGrady has "told some people that he doesn't really think the offense can work."

Obviously there are a lot of people, including McGrady himself, that feel there is a chemistry problem between McGrady and Yao making the offense very hard to operate smoothly. The ball doesn't flow through the offense with these two dominant players that truly need the ball in their hands to be effective. With the addition of Artest, the chemistry on the court (which may be great off the court) will be terrible and almost unbearable to watch if things are to continue as they have been in previous years.

One of the reasons Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant worked well together was because of great chemistry and a great understanding of the offense. Although Bryant is a dominant ball-handler, his understanding of the offense and how to utilize big men (ie Shaquille O'neal) created a smooth transition on offense where there was never a stalemate or break in offensive movement, which resulted in one of the most prolific offenses in the last decade. Bryant needs the ball to be effective, which caused questions to whether the addition of Gasol may work. It very well did as they were able to feed off each other and become even more efficient with the pairing. McGrady and Yao have no such chemistry or fluidity on the court.

t-mac and yao do have chemistry

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2008, 03:33 AM
t-mac and yao do have chemistry

There is a huge difference between having chemistry off the court and having chemistry on the court. Obviously they have good chemistry in that they like each other and are good friends, but they are incompatible when it comes to on the court play as explained by Fran Blinebury.

Lakersfan2483
08-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Houston has a talented team but I don't forsee them beating the Lakers or Spurs in the playoffs.

Lakersfan2483
08-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Tracy and Yao don't have the best chemsitry together and both are injured quite often, I like their roster, but I don't think it necessarily puts them over the hump, I think it makes them contenders, but not participants in the NBA Finals next year.

rhino17
08-12-2008, 04:07 AM
There is a huge difference between having chemistry off the court and having chemistry on the court. Obviously they have good chemistry in that they like each other and are good friends, but they are incompatible when it comes to on the court play as explained by Fran Blinebury.

they are definitely NOT incompatible when they are on the court. I read the Chronicle every day and this is the first article I have even seen by this clown, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2008, 04:17 AM
they are definitely NOT incompatible when they are on the court. I read the Chronicle every day and this is the first article I have even seen by this clown, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

Clown? He is a very well-respected sports writer as he was a voter for the NBA's 50 Greatest Players of All Time.

cbs134679
08-12-2008, 04:21 AM
Healthy Rockets should win it all because they were the best defensive team in the league behind celtics, and they added more defense with artest being a top perimeter defender and added joey dorsey the best defensive big man in the draft. And we all no what wins championships!!!

Rhyming Rebel
08-12-2008, 04:50 AM
Every1 who said NO is a hater

rhino17
08-12-2008, 04:58 AM
Clown? He is a very well-respected sports writer as he was a voter for the NBA's 50 Greatest Players of All Time.

Clyde Drexler is one of the greatest players of all time, yet I would never want to hear his opinion on nba matter because he is a moron.

And there are no sports writers for the houston chronicle that are well respected, they are all idiots. With a few exceptions

Tom81
08-12-2008, 05:37 AM
why not

stevefrancis
08-12-2008, 11:48 AM
you laker fans don't even know if your gonna be in the finals again. new orleans got better by adding james posey and he put kobe on lock in the finals and its an odd year for the spurs so they'll be good. all you laker fans are hatin on houston because we got artest and you didn't all of the sudden he's a cancer but if you got him you'll all be sayin 82-0. actin like the lakes won over 60 games last year and dominated the west like boston did the east. you guys were two wins ahead of houston and yea you had no bynum but we had no yao and now we got artest and barry. who did you guys add? yao mings brother sun yue?