PDA

View Full Version : Most likely to have a breakout season

AJ-Hawk-191
08-09-2008, 12:08 AM
on offense i definitely think it will be Ruvell Martin, have heard a lot of great things about him and think his chemistry with Rodgers will help a lot

on defense AJ hawk and Nick Collins with more blitzes i definitely think Hawk will be a force and absolutely dominate teams and i see Nick Collins turning into a play making safety knowing Rouse is knocking on the door

thoughts?

robdizzle3
08-09-2008, 12:10 AM
I think Tramon Williams name will be called alot this year on special teams and as the Nickel corner if he wins it because of the improvent he mase last year.And I do see Nick Collins having a good year also because I believe that the fear of losing his job will get him where he needs to be

Jambox5000
08-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Brandon Jackson...I've heard good things, Hoping they're true.

wissportsfan
08-09-2008, 12:22 AM
I agree that I see Ruvell just doing a lot more for this team. On the defensive side of the ball I see someone stepping up into that nickel down back. If thats Tramon, Blackmon or Lee. Out of all those my guess would be Tramon because of how he finished last year.

newdude
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Justin Harrell will:whistle:

WSUJJ
08-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I gotta go with Aaron Kampman

brandonwarne52
08-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I gotta go with Aaron Kampman

What's he gonna do, get 25 sacks?

WSUJJ
08-09-2008, 10:36 AM
What's he gonna do, get 25 sacks?

:clap:

IowaAJ
08-09-2008, 10:50 AM
James Jones I like what he brings to the table and I think he will have a good year for us on offense. On defense I think Tramon Williams will be outstanding this year. He looked very good at Packers Family night. Special teams I think that Blackmon will have a huge year for us as a kick returner and Punt Returner.

RcrkllrH2
08-09-2008, 10:59 AM
i agree with trammon and ruvie.....but i would have to say the breakouts will happen on D

i think this is blackmons year to shine, whether its punts or just being a DB i think will is gonna have his name called a lot

i also think abdul hodge will stay healthy and live up to his potential, with all of the blitzing that the pack are gonna do the LBs are gonna sub a lot, and i think that hodge is gonna step up

OnWisconsin2007
08-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Ryan Grant will break out and become one of the greatest back in the league this year, IMO. He'll be in camp all year, and will get settled in really well. 1600 yards, at least, IMO.

Martz
08-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Man this thread is way to hard to choose. I'm loving the 3 that are competing for the nickel back job. That Lee is really starting to come on, I love the fact that Blackmon use to play reciever and is a ball hawk, and Tramon's raw talent and work ethic is hard to ignore. Toss up there.

As far as Offence i think it's going to be Brandon Jackson. None of us REALLY REALLY know what he is able to do. Ruvie i think will contribute more and I think Jones will build off of his first half of season like Jennings did from year one to year two...but we know that what those players can do for the most part. Jackson i think is the wild card. Does he continue to be timid and unsure like the first half Jackson we saw? or a beast and a great spell to grant in the second half that we saw.

Either way...totally excited...Oh yeah, another wild card is that Sitton pushing for a guard spot. Watch out.

hughest4
08-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree with a few of you guys and think that Will Blackmon will have a huge year..if he is healthy. I think he will definitely be a great PR and KR for us this year just because he has such great vision. Like Martz said he is a real ball hawk due to the fact that he was a #1 WR at Boston College. He is also a very good CB and i think he is going to prove that

cwilson21
08-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Ryan Grant will break out and become one of the greatest back in the league this year, IMO. He'll be in camp all year, and will get settled in really well. 1600 yards, at least, IMO.

Wow. Just wow.

4favre4
08-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Hawk and Grant will be stars this year

hgtiger32
08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
it's aaron rouse ....he's going to show why the packers drafted him in the 2nd round(pretty sure)...he'll start over collins if not right away 3 games into the season

AFlagRules
08-09-2008, 04:53 PM
How about the most important piece we need to break out....

Aaron Rodgers ring a bell?

gbpack415
08-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Im gonna say Rouse on D. To me he is alot better than Collins. I loved what I saw from him in the couple games that he started. Great tackler and great ball hawk. On Offense I'm gonna say Aaron Rodgers. I think he'll be better than just a game manager. I think he'll make good decisions and obviously hes got a great group of WRs to help him out.

XJW18
08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Aaron Rodgers!!!!!!!
:clap:

XJW18
08-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Im gonna say Rouse on D. To me he is alot better than Collins. I loved what I saw from him in the couple games that he started. Great tackler and great ball hawk. On Offense I'm gonna say Aaron Rodgers. I think he'll be better than just a game manager. I think he'll make good decisions and obviously hes got a great group of WRs to help him out.

dont forget about a great RB

Martz
08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
How about the most important piece we need to break out....

Aaron Rodgers ring a bell?

Aaron Roders??? who's that guy?

;)

4favre4
08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Sitton will be a suprise this year.

socalpkrbkr
08-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I think Sitton will be a suprise this year.

It sounds like it. His name keeps getting mentioned as someone to watch. Who knows if he'll win the starting job but I would guess from what I keep hearing he's going to be able to contribute immediately.

hughest4
08-09-2008, 11:53 PM
It sounds like it. His name keeps getting mentioned as someone to watch. Who knows if he'll win the starting job but I would guess from what I keep hearing he's going to be able to contribute immediately.

Sounds good to me. I'm not sure if he is going to win the job either but having quality depth on the offensive line is very important. These big guys seem to get injured easily so we need people that can step in incase one occurs. Hopefully Sitton continues to improve during the rest of TC. Who's spot would ge take though? Is it a 3 way battle between Colledge-Sitton-Barbre?

socalpkrbkr
08-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Sounds good to me. I'm not sure if he is going to win the job either but having quality depth on the offensive line is very important. These big guys seem to get injured easily so we need people that can step in incase one occurs. Hopefully Sitton continues to improve during the rest of TC. Who's spot would ge take though? Is it a 3 way battle between Colledge-Sitton-Barbre?

Well just from what I read it sounds like he's going to play the RG and Spitz is gonna play C. Not long term of course but for the Bengals game. I'm not sure he's battling Colledge/Barbre but if he's continuing to improve I don't see why not if he's good enough to take it. If he was to take a job I would think it would be at the RG spot but I doubt he's going to take it from Spitz at this point in his young career.

BrewCityBuck
08-10-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't really know what 'breakout season' means. I think a lot of guys will improve, not just with statistics, but just better all-around play.

- AJ Hawk (Because he simply has to this year)
- Brandon Jackson (Couldn't get any worse, in a better role now)
- Ruvell Martin (He's progressively gotten better year to year)
- Mike Montgomery (If he's healthy helps our depth, could really suprise)
- Will Blackmon (If he's healthy he's too good athleticly not to impress)
- Tramon Williams (Showed flashes last year, unbelievable speed)
- Desmond Bishop (Should become even more of a ST's beast)

XJW18
08-10-2008, 04:42 AM
i think someone on the D-line other than Aaron Kampman should break out this year!! anyone would be fine with me!!

BrewCityBuck
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Im gonna say Rouse on D. To me he is alot better than Collins. I loved what I saw from him in the couple games that he started. Great tackler and great ball hawk.

I don't think we've seen enough of Aaron Rouse to really judge if he's better than Nick Collins or good enough to take his job. Nick Collins is very solid in coverage. It seems people are only intrigued by Aaron Rouse because he stepped in front of a ball last year and picked it off. It's simply not enough.

wwfd1220
08-10-2008, 01:05 PM
wow, what part of nick collin's play last year makes you think he is [B]solid[B] in coverage. please point out some instances

hughest4
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think we've seen enough of Aaron Rouse to really judge if he's better than Nick Collins or good enough to take his job. Nick Collins is very solid in coverage. It seems people are only intrigued by Aaron Rouse because he stepped in front of a ball last year and picked it off. It's simply not enough.

I think people are intrigued by Aaron Rouse in more ways then the fact that he "stepped in front of a ball last year and picked it off." I think a lot of people like his size and the fact that he hits hard. Another reason why people want to see him playing is because they are tired of watching Nick Collins

Dcup
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
What about Atari Bigby? I think he is going to have a huge year. From what I hear he has improved his coverage skills and we already know that receivers will fear going over the middle with him lurking out there. Could be a sleeper Pro Bowl selection.

BrewCityBuck
08-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Nick Collins does a fine job out there, people really exaggerate his flaws. I think he had his best season last year. He's solid, consistant, has great speed and good size, and he doesn't make many mistakes. I think it would take a huge undertaking for Aaron Rouse to unseat Collins at free safety this year considering how experienced and solid Collins is in his assignments.

adrianmjz
08-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Ruvell is going to improve his gameplay, but he is our 4th wr on the roster, so i don't expect him to post breakout numbers, he is probably going to get 400 yards and many TD, due to his height and he could be a redzone target for A-Rod, so offensively i think James Jones has a better shot, and defensively AJ Hawk should make his 1st pro bowl if he can get more sacks, that is if the team sends more blitzes with him, usually if you post more than 12 sacks you get in the probowl.

bucksbeat
08-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I'll second Atari Bigby. I'm assuming he has moved past the dumb penalty portion of his career and if he can rise 16 games the way he did in the playoffs, he'll light a lot of people up.