PDA

View Full Version : Biggest personal disappointments.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Some times you watch how a certain player comes into the league and you see on him some looks that make you think he is going to have a great career and you keep a tight eye on them, but well sometimes you are just wrong, or injuries or courtside trouble cuts the players progression.

Sometimes you dont even understand what in hell has happened to the player but the fact is his career goes down.

Who would be your starting 5 of current players you tought would be great and havent so far amounted to anything?.

Center: Eddy Curry, this guy is got all the tools in the world, the phisical aptitudes and the soft hands necesary to have become a top 3 center in this league, even if he underperformed in Chi i was very happy when we got him ,and two years ago he showed us he could really Become a 25/10 guy a dominant big man wich is not so usual nowdays, well i dont know if Working under Thomas has taken any toll on him but i doubt he will ever reach the level he could have reached.

Power Foward:Teron Smith:I used to think he was a tough guy who hustled on D and that he had all the tools to become the next Charles Oakley, sadly once he was traded to the Bobcats he dissapeared from rotations, i wonder where he is now.

Small Foward: Andrea Barganini, he still has time but having on account the good game he had displayed in Benetton and that he was landing on the best team he could because of the european look of the team i thought that he would make an instant impact like Pau, i still have some hope and would love to reunite him with Danillo in NY, Anything you would like to take Raptors Fans.?

Shooting Guard :Kareem Rush, He was Athtletic, he could score jump and play d, he had some Basket Iq , he impressed some people with clutch performances in the 04 playoffs for the lakers.I almost believed he could end up being a starter in the Lakers moving Himself or Kobe to the 3 Spot since i tought he was more talented than George.

Suddenly he ended up in the Bobcats and there began a downfall that he has only partialy recovered of recently, hope he stablish himself as 6th man in Philly.

Point Guard: Jason WIiliams, Chris Paul before Chris Paul, what can i say ....sad Motorcycle Accident.

One more thing, is my english acceptable enough ? i know i may write some words wrong or write in a confusing way, can you please warn me when you find out any mistake so i can not repeat it in the future?

Thanks.

knicks1214
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
First off, Bargnani is not a sf...he's wayyy to slow to play sf...hes a pf/c. And idk why people say Curry is a bust...he is still very very young...and he had a very very good season 2 years ago when he was getting played. I would have to say Darius Miles tops that list...and Harold Miner lol..i never saw him play but he was labeled as the next MJ...

SAVAGE CLAW
08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Bargnani used to play Sf here in Europe, so did Pau for example.

And Miner.... god talking about overated players, he was never something special, he was spectacular, specially when he dunked on the all-star, but that was all.

Hint, start your doubts whener they label Baby something to a player.

knicks1214
08-08-2008, 10:50 PM
lol Baby Shaq-some guy in Europe weighs 350 lbs...after going to a weight loss clinic

pwest6
08-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Kareem Rush isn't that huge of a disappointment imo. He still can SHOOT, he still is athletic, he still can play D, and he still is a very good player. He just doesn't seem to get enough playing time for some reason.

SwaggaIke
08-09-2008, 12:53 AM
Darius Miles. I used to stay right around the corner from boy way back. He had all the physical tools to dominant. And he was really comin into his own in the last season when he started off the season puttin up big time numbers. I hope he can make a comeback.

Hellcrooner
08-09-2008, 02:52 AM
C:Brendan Haywood, I always tought he had enough of abody and skills to make a 15/10 career.

Pf:Kwame Brown, when lakers signed hi, since he hadnt done so bad the last two years with Wizzs and snce we had Phil i really believed in his potential, well at least he gave us gasol.

Sf: Kedric BRown, Always tought he would become a Top defender in the league.

JC Navarro: ok not tha he disspaointed me playingn, he did great, but come on ""onlyh one yhear in teh league and you go back? SISSSSSYYYYYYY.

Farmar, Looked like Something in the beginning of the season, but they finals were HORRIBLE

lakers4sho
08-09-2008, 12:56 PM
C:Brendan Haywood, I always tought he had enough of abody and skills to make a 15/10 career.

Pf:Kwame Brown, when lakers signed hi, since he hadnt done so bad the last two years with Wizzs and snce we had Phil i really believed in his potential, well at least he gave us gasol.

Sf: Kedric BRown, Always tought he would become a Top defender in the league.

JC Navarro: ok not tha he disspaointed me playingn, he did great, but come on ""onlyh one yhear in teh league and you go back? SISSSSSYYYYYYY.

Farmar, Looked like Something in the beginning of the season, but they finals were HORRIBLE

He wanted to play with his big buddy Pau. He should've just signed with the Lakers ;)

Rylz
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Vince Carter.
He became my favorite player after the 2000 Slam Dunk Competition. He's still the best dunker, but not as good a player as I hoped he would become.

njnets
08-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Vince Carter.
He became my favorite player after the 2000 Slam Dunk Competition. He's still the best dunker, but not as good a player as I hoped he would become.

please don't even make that argument. vince is a hell of a player and last year put up numbers similar to kobe. yes THAT kobe. look it up for yourself. this was also on a worse team (nets) with one ankle. point proven case closed. just because he settles for jumpers or "doesn't try his hardest" (those were the toronto days, he does not do that in NJ) does not mean he is a disappointment.

BADizzleBoY
08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
you are making bad comparisons, vince doesn't deserve to even be named in the same sentence as kobe. If vince was anything like kobe, nets would be winning end of story.

jjizle
08-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Kobe didnt start really winning until he was surrounded by guys like Pau and Bynum. Remember those early playoff exits to the suns? Vince brought the Nets to playoffs with an aging Kidd and with Jefferson missing a significant part of two seasons. Surround him with two All Star Caliber bigs and I'm sure a finals appearance wouldn't be out of the question.

BADizzleBoY
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
:pity:

you just proved me correct:

kobe had a starting lineup of this for two seasons...

Parker
bryant
odom
walton
brown

nets had:

kidd
carter
jefferson
moore
collins

plus kobe was in the west and nets didnt even make the playoffs in one of those seasons.

njnets
08-09-2008, 10:05 PM
you are making bad comparisons, vince doesn't deserve to even be named in the same sentence as kobe. If vince was anything like kobe, nets would be winning end of story.

look at the stats. they are pretty similar.

http://www.rototimes.com/nba/player_comparison.php

yes more points but more free throws. kobe is good at that. other than that it is pretty similar. and that is carter's stats with a bad team and one ankle......

Kyle N.
08-10-2008, 12:57 AM
For the Kings it was Mikki Moore. He had a real strong showing with the Nets the year before, doing everything that the Kings weren't. I really liked the dude and I thought the Kings should try and pick him up... which they did. The guy just did not perform to what he was expected. Nothing happened, but it was like he wasn't the same. I mean he wasn't a total bust, but he seriously needs to pick up his game. And Savage Claw, your English is fine. It's better than a lot of people's I know. Don't sweat it. :cool:

BADizzleBoY
08-10-2008, 01:23 AM
look at the stats. they are pretty similar.

http://www.rototimes.com/nba/player_comparison.php

yes more points but more free throws. kobe is good at that. other than that it is pretty similar. and that is carter's stats with a bad team and one ankle......

so kobe=vince carter is what your saying?

Bound To Lose
08-10-2008, 01:38 AM
He's New Jersey's Kobe Bryant. ;)

phxman22
08-10-2008, 01:55 AM
for me shaun livingston. he started doing really well until he broke his leg (on a damn LAYUP!!!!):mad:

Drewlius
08-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Kandi, I never thought he was going to be great, but I didn't think he would be as bad as he has turned out to be.

njnets
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
so kobe=vince carter is what your saying?

nope never said that. but saying that he is the BIGGEST PERSONAL DISSAPOINTMENT? thats unreal.

lovingTO
08-10-2008, 12:51 PM
It's fare to say that vince is one of the biggest disappointments in the nba. The man had the tools to be one of the greatest ever..but he never amounted to that. I know people say that about young players every year, but with vince it was legit. He has possibly the most gifted nba body ever.

lovingTO
08-10-2008, 12:51 PM
vince in a wanker

_Supreme_
08-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Dorell Wright for me.

I had hoped he would become the starter for us at small forward, or be the 6th man, but for some reason he never seemed to get his break. Either he was in Riley's doghouse for some (not always clear) reason, or the Heat was too busy contending for those couple of years to spare the young players quality minutes.

He underperformed in some of the games he got to play major minutes in, but he also showed flashes of amazing stuff. He has all the athletic tools, but maybe the mindset has never grown on him, I don't know.

Right now the roster situation isn't looking good for him at all either.

Tom Stone
08-10-2008, 02:50 PM
First off, Bargnani is not a sf...he's wayyy to slow to play sf...hes a pf/c. And idk why people say Curry is a bust...he is still very very young...and he had a very very good season 2 years ago when he was getting played. I would have to say Darius Miles tops that list...and Harold Miner lol..i never saw him play but he was labeled as the next MJ...

That's funny to hear you say that......Barg played SF his whole life and went #1 playing that spot, came to the nba and played that spot his rookie year, and chased brandan roy for rookie of the year......he got allmost 5 rebounds from that position ...and his court vision is amazeing from that spot, he also got over 13 points a game as a rookie and brought a mis match every night at that position....where teams had to worry about a 7 footer that knock down the three easily...once they started run at him, it opened up evrything.....It's only been since they tried to make him into a center...that he been terrible......he can play power and center but he was never a natural at those spots and i don't think he'll ever be.......They should do him the favor and let him go back to his natural position.

JIDsanity
08-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Vince Carter.

Hi hater

40oz
08-10-2008, 04:36 PM
The only thing thats dissapointed me with Vince Carter was Toronto using him to carry the team when he was stuck on a franchise who didnt care to win at the time. That wears anyones body down...

hyp21
08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
As a Laker fan, I sincerely believe that the Lakers would win the NBA title in a landslide if we traded Odom and was able to get Vince into town. Imagine the lineup

D-Fish
Kobe
V.C.
Gasol
Bynum

I mean.....who could and who would WANT to guard that?

Bubba313
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Darius Miles is by far the biggest bust ever

LayZbone
08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Dorell Wright for me.

I had hoped he would become the starter for us at small forward, or be the 6th man, but for some reason he never seemed to get his break. Either he was in Riley's doghouse for some (not always clear) reason, or the Heat was too busy contending for those couple of years to spare the young players quality minutes.

He underperformed in some of the games he got to play major minutes in, but he also showed flashes of amazing stuff. He has all the athletic tools, but maybe the mindset has never grown on him, I don't know.

Right now the roster situation isn't looking good for him at all either.

I second that.

TmacBryant
08-10-2008, 05:03 PM
grant hill - feel sorry for the guy
darius miles - good dunker... wish he had learned how to shoot when he was playing
luke walton - either makes the smartest moves... or is just horrible.
steve francis - what the hell happened to him....?
MARK MADSON - best player and high fiver ever

bagwell368
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
bust... you guys are talking small fry for busts. I am talking the walking/talking man to add 1-3 titles to my teams storied franchise. His name was Len Bias.

JAZZNC
08-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Darius Miles was/is a big disappointment for me. He had the size and physical skills to be really special but he was just plain sorry.

Rasheed Wallace has been a big disappointment as well. He should have gone down as one of the best PF's ever given his ability to dominate down low and then step out to the three point line. He could rebound wonderfully and play great man and help D but he just never wanted to be that guy. He's had a good career but now at all what his talent could have achieved.

crew158
08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
And we got a winner...steve "franchise"