PDA

View Full Version : Livingston Update Pt.2!!!

fly boy
08-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Go check this out and tell me if yah think we should really try going after him:cool:...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj7XCO_JwSI

chaugh970
08-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Then check this out and tell me we should sign him.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kalIPs18BI&feature=related

avsman05
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
With the signing of Jason Williams earlier this week, the Los Angeles Clippers all but confirmed point guard Shaun Livingston will not be back. This begs the question of whether or not Denver might be a potential landing spot for Livingston given the fact the two point guards the team currently has on the roster in Anthony Carter and Chucky Atkins are better suited to be backups.

Of course, the problem is Livingston will likely not be fully healthy when the season tips off in October. Should he be able to reclaim his pre-injury form, though, he could be a steal for the right team.

The Clippers reportedly offered Livingston a one-year guaranteed deal that Livingston's camp turned down, and it's hard to imagine the Nuggets offering much more. However, what the Nuggets can offer that most other interested teams can't, is the chance to start once healthy. This could prompt Livingston's camp to strongly consider a one-year deal from Denver with the understanding that if he plays well he could stand to get a more lucrative multi-year deal next summer.

This is from hoopsworld.com

DenButsu
08-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not opposed to it as a one year minimum deal, but we should not be counting on anything more than a re-injury and he's done and sitting on the bench from December to the end of the season.

C-Dub
08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
take the chance and sign him, he could be like kmart and nene and come back better than we think, ya never know, he doesnt have to do much, just distribute and play ok d

DJiC
08-10-2008, 01:14 AM
im pretty sure nene has not come back better......he hasnt been the same since he's been injured 2 years ago....i have said all along to get livingston thank you guys for finally jumping on the shaun livingston wagon with me......kid can play WAYYYYYYYYYY better D than 75% of the players on our team and with his height at 6'7 at PG we can use it to our advantage on some of the small PG...granted he needs to build muscle but that should be no problem just look at how good kmart looked last summer

chaugh970
08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
hate to bust your bubble. But I've suffered from severe knee injuries and have had a lot friends as well in the snowboard industry. its one thing to return healthy after an acl tear, but when your knee folds like a taco and rips every ligament/muscle known to man, the odds are slim to none that you can make a full recovery.

C-Dub
08-10-2008, 12:52 PM
im pretty sure nene has not come back better......he hasnt been the same since he's been injured 2 years ago....

yes, i know, but he did comeback looking really good not last season but the season before, and he did play really good d on duncan in that playoff series. thats all i meant by that, im pretty sure he had a good season that year

DenButsu
08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
im pretty sure he had a good season that year

He did - especially near the end of the season (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258432).

TheAnswer037108
08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Im a fan of Livingston and I think he would fix a lot of our matchup problems. I really want the Denver FO to sign him. But I couldnt find any sources indicating that we were interested. What are our chances of acquiring him?

IversonIsKrazy
08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
i think we should sign him. hopefully hes not $5m/year guy still, if hes under $4m/year, we should sign him. It will help us on our mis-matching defence at the pg/sg spot. the livingston can guard the sg while ai can guard the pg. And if we do sign livingston, JR can still b our 6th man.

C-Dub
08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
i think he would be a perfect fit next to AI, plus he can be a creator or assist man if he needs to, so he is like....perfect........if he plays near what he used to

DenButsu
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
List of guys on our roster who, when thinking of the upcoming season, we have to preface with "IF he's healthy..."

Nene
K-Mart
Chucky
Hunter
Weems

Is it really in our best interest to make this list longer? :shrug: Our situation is dicey as hell to begin with.

IversonIsKrazy
08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
well when livingston duz get injured in the season, we could put AI at pg, JR at sg and melo at sf. Then LK47 can b our 6th man.

DenButsu
08-12-2008, 01:17 AM
well when livingston duz get injured in the season, we could put AI at pg, JR at sg and melo at sf. Then LK47 can b our 6th man.

Or, we could just do that from the get go and use our BAE on someone who's healthy and we know will be able to make a contribution.

TheAnswer037108
08-12-2008, 04:59 AM

I think wat hes trying to say IN CASE Livingston breaks like a taco again, we would still field a team that has enough talent. But I agree that Livingston needs to be signed. He's tall, talented, athletic, and a better than average defender. I would put him on Kobe over Carter or LK. Don't get me wrong. Shaun Livingston isnt gonna stop the Kobes and Tmacs of the NBA. But he will probably prevent the Nuggets from givin up 150 pts to the Sonics.

DenButsu
08-12-2008, 05:03 AM
But he will probably prevent the Nuggets from givin up 150 pts to the Sonics.

Those were some crazyass games we played against them. What was it, 173? 165? I can't exactly remember now, but that was insane.

fly boy
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
is there any latest news on livingston?