PDA

View Full Version : NFL Power Rankings: 2008 Training Camp edition

XJW18
08-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Despite the uncertainty revolving around their quarterbacking situation, the Green Bay Packers moved two steps up the ladder from No. 10 to No. 8. The Seattle Seahawks slipped a peg from No. 8 to No. 9, and the Cleveland Browns bowed from No. 9 to No. 10.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=0

WOW, they have the Pack ranked higher than i thought they ever would put em especially with all the Drama that has occured!

XJW18
08-08-2008, 05:23 PM
John Clayton ranked the Packers at number 5

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-0-96/Rankings-revealed--How-each-panelist-voted.html

SDteacher
08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
You know I am and I'm not suprised. We have a good team. I feel like the play of our defense is really going to make things that much easier for Rodgers, knowing that he doesen't have to play outside of himself to win games. I feel like our special teams and defense can win the field position battle for us and give us just as good of a chance as anyone to win a reasonable amt of games. Wow!

robdizzle3
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I was a little shocked as well when I saw the rankings earlier and not because of the Favre thing but how everyone thinks how good we are without Favre but people forget the talent we have on both sides of the ball.For instance our O-line was brilliant last year and thats why Favre stood upright so many times last year and are only getting better,Tramon williams came on strong last year and is ready to take the nickel job in which we have struggled the past few years with Bush and the forever infamous Frank Walker,And I think our Special Teams will be near the top of the league with Will Blackmon returning and also Tramon stepped in rather nicely as well but we have take Woodson from the punt returning game because I am tired of holding my breath whenever he is back there returning and also he isnt that good at it anymore and he needs to realize that he isnt at Michigan anymore.We have a great team this year and its all up to Rodgers how far we go

hughest4
08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
If i had to rank our team at this point it would probably be around 8 or 9. I think we have the ability to end up higher then that but we still have some question marks at this point. I am surprised to see that Clayton has us at #5. That seems a little bit to high for a team with a QB that has little experience

XJW18
08-09-2008, 07:24 PM
If i had to rank our team at this point it would probably be around 8 or 9. I think we have the ability to end up higher then that but we still have some question marks at this point. I am surprised to see that Clayton has us at #5. That seems a little bit to high for a team with a QB that has little experience

thats y im surprised that were even in the top 10!
with our DL problems, Favre drama, Nickel Problems and A-Rod at QB
(who i have faith in)
i didnt think they would rank us that high!!
and dont forget Ryan Grant had that little hold out also..

Martz
08-09-2008, 08:20 PM
8th i can see without a doubt. 5.....wow that says alot about our guys minus the QB position.

Let's face it guys. Our team is good...real good. The peices are in place for us to suceed. All we need now is for Rodgers to manage the game and i can see us playing with anyone in the league.

ryanph30
08-10-2008, 04:14 PM
John Clayton ranked the Packers at number 5

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-0-96/Rankings-revealed--How-each-panelist-voted.html

I always knew he was a smart guy. :D