PDA

View Full Version : Like Aaron already said....

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
"Get on board or shut up!"

Aaron Rodgers:

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect a high level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

Rodgers said it's happened to him about a half dozen times. Asked how he responds to such things, he said:

"What can you do. Do people really feel better about themselves after they say stuff like that to me? It's disappointing. I'm not too dumb, I'm not going to say anything back to them. It's not my style, it's against my religion. The boos I can understand those, the other stuff I can't. I can't really understand that. It's not very classy."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/08/rodgers-trying-to-deal-with-pro-favre-crowd.aspx
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad I'm not at camp watching because I would most likely be getting arrested for beating on some whiny puke. It takes a strong individual to be able to take that kind of verbal abuse. Yeah sure he's getting a lot of money but still, this is :bs:!

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Ugh, thats just wonderful to hear....

wissportsfan
08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm on board for sure.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Kids swearing at him. Nice child rearing. Rodgers has been one strong cat thru all this.

BrewCityBuck
08-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Kids swearing at him. Nice child rearing.

Thats Green Bay for you, a city going to hell.

hawkeye
08-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Thats Green Bay for you, a city going to hell.

I'm not going to blame the parents, I'm blaming Ted Thompson for the behavior of these little punks ;)

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not going to blame the parents, I'm blaming Ted Thompson for the behavior of these little punks ;)

Ha ha but seriously it's embarrassing to me as a fan of this franchise. I just really hope that the #12 jersey is represented by a ton of fans opening kickoff. I can't understand that type of behavior out of some little kid. Sure I was a hellion at one time and have been in a few run ins with the law but I didn't disrespect people like that.

packerfan4life
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I think A-Rod is handling it well. At least now he doesn't have the pressure of Favre haunting him from the sidelines.

SoCalPacker2
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
This is just sad. That really pisses me off and if i were there while these so called "Packer fans" are cussing at ARod as he drives up to the gate, I would punch them in the face kid or not.

hughest4
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
This just shows that Aaron Rodgers is mentally tough and very mature at this point. To take this kind of abuse and deal with the whole Favre situation as professional as he did is very impressive. Now he just needs to get on the field and show us what he can do

Brunner
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't support the moves the management made, but I hold nothing against Rodgers, and no one should. The actions of these fans are sad. The guy has handled this situation well and hopefully he makes it through all of this pressure. T

lavell12
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes this isn't Aaron's fault, I'm really starting to feel bad for the kid. I think he might have been better off if Favre would have stayed for one more year. That way he would just have the pressure of replacing Favre not the add pressure because of the organization screwing up.

WSU Tony
08-08-2008, 04:43 PM
You never want to be the guy who replaced the guy. You do, however, want to be the guy who replaced the guy who replaced the guy who replaced the guy..... Rodgers is in a tough spot but it looks like he's handling it well so far.

socalpkrbkr
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
You never want to be the guy who replaced the guy. You do, however, want to be the guy who replaced the guy who replaced the guy who replaced the guy..... Rodgers is in a tough spot but it looks like he's handling it well so far.

:laugh:

XJW18
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
i've been on board since Brett's soo called "Retirement"

GO PACK GO!!!

Bauermundo
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
I really don't understand the A-Rod nickname. It's taken, and to give Aaron the same name is more of an insult to Aaron than it is to Alex. Can't we just call him Mr. Rodgers?

I can hear the music... it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

"Hello boys and girls! Do you know what today is?"

Whiny Boy: "F-YOU!!!!"

iam brett favre
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
People need to get on board, Rodgers is our QB, get over it!

XJW18
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM

exactly!

cartman
08-08-2008, 06:18 PM

thank you a packer fan not a favre fan now u know who the real packer fans are not just favre fans

RcrkllrH2
08-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I really don't understand the A-Rod nickname. It's taken, and to give Aaron the same name is more of an insult to Aaron than it is to Alex. Can't we just call him Mr. Rodgers?

I can hear the music... it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

"Hello boys and girls! Do you know what today is?"

Whiny Boy: "F-YOU!!!!"

:laugh:

iam brett favre
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
exactly!

thank you a packer fan not a favre fan now u know who the real packer fans are not just favre fans

:hi5:

meandering
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Did my time in solitary confinement (ban) I will be refreshed I am sure!

The train is leaving, either your on or we move forward WITHOUT you!

Good luck Aaron.....Go Pack GO!

iam brett favre
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
At first I hated Rodgers for making the get on board or shut up.. now i go by it. LETS TO AARON! LETS GO PACK! LETS GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!

Soup Nazi
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Give 'em Hell Aaron!! I am 100% behind the kid and anybody who isn't can kiss my white pimply *****!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-08-2008, 11:43 PM
hes handing everything the right way.