PDA

View Full Version : Al Horford: I did not join the USA national team because I am Dominican!!!!

fairandbalanced
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
SANTO DOMINGO.- La República Dominicana puede darse el lujo de decir que tiene algo que desea tener el Dream Team de los Estados Unidos: un jugador como Al Horford.

He basically said he was invited to join the national team but he said no because he is Dominican.

How ignorant, all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.

t-mac1nukka
08-08-2008, 01:07 PM
dont be so ignorant.

S.J.Basketball
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Yea I agree. If you're invited to play for the United States of America you don't turn your nose up at that. Period. Makes you seem very selfish.

S.J.Basketball
08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
dont be so ignorant.

How is he ignorant...he's can make money here, but can't play for the U.S.? Wtf's up with that?

HOZ THE KNICK
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
the man just keeping it real...he probaly fill that a american born player is more deserving of that spot then he is that's all.

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
well he is right hes Dominican not American cant play for team USA if your Dominican

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Well he should of not said it the way he did, she should of said it in a more polite manner, but i understand that the only team he would play for is his country and thats reasonable.

arlubas
08-08-2008, 01:19 PM
He basically said he was invited to join the national team but he said no because he is Dominican.

How ignorant, all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.

This must be one of the most idiotic things I've read in here (and I've read a lot).

How is he ignorant exactly, the man was rocking the dominican flag and his heritage ever since he was winning titles in Florida and always declared he was Dominican. The guy is just proud of his roots and there is nothing wrong with that. It would be wrong however if he only came to play for the US national team just so that he could get his name more heard out there by double crossing his country. He's keeping it real whether you like to admit it or not. Al's just a classy guy.

Fury
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
thas like yao ming playing for the usa cuz hes a rocket or barbosa playin cuz he wuz a sun..now ur mad that a domincan doesnt wanna play for a country hes not originated from . lol how ignorant can u be

bogdanrom
08-08-2008, 01:22 PM

How ignorant,all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.

Who doesn't? But how about all the American players overseas, shouldn't they get kicked out too. Stop being so racist.

FNM BOY
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
^^Exactly!!! That whole thing about getting paid american dollars and not wanting to play for the US is just plain stupid...It is what it is. He can say whatever he wants...because its the damn truth.

pwest6
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
thas like yao ming playing for the usa cuz hes a rocket or barbosa playin cuz he wuz a sun..now ur mad that a domincan doesnt wanna play for a country hes not originated from . lol how ignorant can u be

Yeah, who cares where Horford plays. If he's Dominican, he has every right to play for the Dominican Republic. Nobody makes a big deal about Dirk playing in Germany, so why does he care about Al?

DeeJay
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM

:puke:

Dont get me started on who really the ignorant one is.

PHX-SOXFAN
08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
How is he ignorant...he's can make money here, but can't play for the U.S.? Wtf's up with that?

does dirk need to suit up too? how about Pau? Nash? give me a break with this foxnews, rush limbaugh, fake patriotism tirades. he said he's dominican, that's what he is. The same way Manny, Pedro, tejada and many others suit up for the Dominicans during the world baseball classic. Are you insulted by that? Appreciate the fact that this country has the best pro leagues and gets the best talent and move on. Players still represent the countries that they claim.

If you're so pro american representation, then I'm sure you're all for mexican immigrants working here, being allowed to become citizens as well right? Thought so, don't be a hypocrite!

this thread is based on pure ignorance.

FNM BOY
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
thank you this is dumber than dumb!!!

Thatruth32
08-08-2008, 01:48 PM

i say ship ur *** out of here.... none of us came here unless u are native american ....

if the doesnt want to play of us he dont have to thats his choice...

Canucklehead
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM

:cry: Seriously this is the most ignorant post I've ever read. Get an education please.

Devils05
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM

How ignorant, all he cares about is the American dollars. If you can't fight for America, what are you doing, getting paid in America. I say ship his dominican ***** back offshore.What are you talking about? Your translation has nothing to do with the quote.

Besides, Horford is on the US Select Team.

LA_cabals
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
The literal translation from Google is;

The Dominican Republic can afford to say that has something you want to have the Dream Team of the United States: as a player Al Horford

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey Listen.

My MOther is from Venezuela, i was ACtually born in Venezuela and lived there for some years, but ive lived more time in Spain, HIgh school and university etc etc.

It i was a sportsman and Both National Teams would call me i would choose Spain because i feel SPanih, i also love a lot my otehr country but i feel spanish.

WOuld i understand some people in Venezuela Dissapointed with my choice? yes of course.

But i wouldnt accept any racist comments about my option, or anybody talking about COnquistadors and Indian Killings.

You shoudl do what you feel.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 02:29 PM
SANTO DOMINGO.- La República Dominicana puede darse el lujo de decir que tiene algo que desea tener el Dream Team de los Estados Unidos: un jugador como Al Horford.

The Actual Translation would be .

Dominican Republic can take some pride on saying that they own something the Dream Team would like to have, Such a player as Hoford.

JIDsanity
08-08-2008, 02:36 PM

So you why are you mad at him and not Yao, Jose C. and other foreign players

JIDsanity
08-08-2008, 02:37 PM
i say ship ur *** out of here.... none of us came here unless u are native american ....

if the doesnt want to play of us he dont have to thats his choice...

:clap:

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
does dirk need to suit up too? how about Pau? Nash? give me a break with this foxnews, rush limbaugh, fake patriotism tirades. he said he's dominican, that's what he is. The same way Manny, Pedro, tejada and many others suit up for the Dominicans during the world baseball classic. Are you insulted by that? Appreciate the fact that this country has the best pro leagues and gets the best talent and move on. Players still represent the countries that they claim.

If you're so pro american representation, then I'm sure you're all for mexican immigrants working here, being allowed to become citizens as well right? Thought so, don't be a hypocrite!

:clap: You're very right he's not going to be forced into playing for the US if he's not from here. The only person who would do something like that is Kaman.

m26555
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
At least Horford is being loyal to his home country..unlike SOME people (Chris Kaman, Becky Hammon)..****ing traitors.

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I wonder if andres the Cat Galarraga ever played for US team ???

joedoe_22
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
At least Horford is being loyal to his home country..unlike SOME people (Chris Kaman, Becky Hammon)..****ing traitors.

This comment is ignorant too. Becky Hammon, from what I know, has dual citizenship to both Russia and US, so she can chose whoever she wants to play for. Samuel Dalembert is in the same boat playing for Canada but he was born and from Haiti. Why isn't anyone complaining about him? If your going to complain, complain across the board, not only when it pertains to the US. 9-11 and all the war on "Terror" stuffhas just caused so much unreal patriotism in this country. It's not like this people are Benedict Arnold or something.

GSW fan
08-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Why?? Why do you care if he plays? He's not that good. Why do you think he should be deported just for saying he doesn't want to play? This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen.

hyp21
08-08-2008, 02:54 PM

Great post man! Dude is dominican, you can't down the guy for being honest and real. Why should he be fake and betray his countrymen in the D.R. and piss people off here by being on the team. It's best he said that cause people would be mad internally in the NBA if he were on the team cause it could've very well taken Chris Bosh off of the team or Carlos Boozer (but I guess the guy who started the thread undoubtedly faults Bosh cause he plays for Toronto right? Without a doubt he shouldn't play for the U.S. cause he makes his money playing for a canadian team in the NBA right? :rolleyes:) this guy needs to stop being ignorant and be happy that the guy is straight up with himself AND respects the countries that he plays in and is from enough to do the right thing not only for himself but also for his fellow NBA athletes who are american born and have more of a right and reason to play for the U.S. team than he does.

uptownfan
08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I actually kind of like what he is doing here... I mean you really are supposed to represent your own country

Look at that WNBA player, Becky Hammon, who didn't make the USA team and ran off to Russia to play on their Olympic team, and she doesn't even have any blood ties to Russian descent. Everyone hated here for doing that since she wasn't being patriotic. I think it would be a bit hypocritical for those people who found that a slap in the face to the U.S. to tell Horford that he is being an idiot for not playing on the USA team when he was born in the D.R.

Devils05
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM

The Actual Translation would be .

Dominican Republic can take some pride on saying that they own something the Dream Team would like to have, Such a player as Hoford.Thanks for the translation. That's pretty much what I got from freetranslation.com too.

I'm closing this since the original post doesn't have anything to do with the quote.