PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Best Young Teams In the NBA

pwest6
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Now that the 2008 NBA draft is complete, it is time to look at the future of the league. With so many up-and-coming teams, it seems inevitable for the association to explode and once again become America’s most watched sport.

The most exciting part is that so many teams have the potential to be contenders. There are a handful of ‘win right now’ teams and a large majority of everybody else will be rising to the top soon enough.

I have decided to take a close look at each team in the league in terms of their young talent. The criteria I was looking at included finding players 25 years of age or younger who have the potential to become an all-star. I was very generous in the players I have listed, but was so for every team. I looked at the players from the perspective of the team’s GM, seeing only the positive qualities in them that COULD make them a star in this league.

I have included all the young teams worth mentioning on this list, and the number just so happens to be twelve. Every team listed has at least three players who are 25 or younger and have multiple star qualities. So, without further ado, here are your NBA teams of the future:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/33553-cheap-seats-the-12-best-young-teams-in-the-nba

Thatruth32
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
warriors should be much higher than 10.... nice post

HOZ THE KNICK
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
where's my knicks....were young.

phlp_bj
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
i thought we can't post from that site anymore?

pwest6
08-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Oh my bad, Why?

oldenpolynice
08-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Good idea. But how are the Sonics and the Pacers lower on this list than the Golden State Warriors?

Also, the Nets are too low. I'm sorry but Yi and Ryan Anderson just aren't that good. And Brook Lopez + Devin Harris does not qualify them for a #4 spot.

New Orleans should be at least fourth, but I'd move them all the way to second. Chris Paul alone is worth that ranking.

Finally, the Kings should be included here.

Kevin Martin
Spencer Hawes
Jason Thompson
Donte Greene
Francisco Garcia

S.J.Basketball
08-08-2008, 01:24 PM
warriors should be much higher than 10.... nice post

Word.

still1ballin
08-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Portland looks real scary!

Ph1lly Diehard
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Horrible list..

Considering that Rodney Carney got traded over a month and a half ago from the 76ers.

pwest6
08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah I was kind of late to post it.lol

richardle9
08-08-2008, 01:47 PM
if the grizzles sign josh smith then the grizzles would be solid

PutMeInCoach
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
this list was made in june.. soo.. that would be why its not up to date..

Gorgon2k
08-08-2008, 02:16 PM
This article is just horrible in the fact that he predicts Roy to be in the HOF and Oden to be one of the best ever is insane. The author is a 22 College wanna be, and ohh that makes sense, hes goes to Oregon. Not taking anything away from either player but wow to call all 8 on the list can be all-stars, and these quotes just blew me away

Portland-
"Unless something crazy happens, I don’t see how this team won’t obliterate the league in a historic way. If
all goes well, they should end up with at least five titles. It’s my belief that this team could end up as the greatest to ever be assembled. Ever."

"Roy will be in the Hall of Fame, Aldridge is underrated and determined to be great, and Oden may end up as one of the best players ever."

Ok Roy is a great player but comeon! and Oden has yet to play a damn game!

Chicago-
"They simply have too much talent not to be high on this list. Rose has already been voted into the hall of fame, and why not."

How is he majoring in Sports Journalism. isnt one of the main aspects of it to lack bias?
what a tool!

Liney3506
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
True. Should keep things relevant/current in the forums.

sp1derm00
08-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Portland is downright BEASTLY.

I am scared of their future if everything pans out as it should for them.

_Sn1P3r_
08-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Yup ^^

Portland's future is really bright if everything works out.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
pointless

BigEric
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
This is pretty dumb. What's next the top 12 old teams?

pwest6
08-08-2008, 09:20 PM
pointless

why? because your teams not on it?

SeoulBeatz
08-08-2008, 09:27 PM
that was probably one of the worst articles ivee ever read. ever.

his insight wa bad and that rankings were ****ed up. How is Chicago 2nd? mind blowing.

the rosters were ****ed up. Rodney Carney is no longer on the sixers, and he forgot to add Lou Williams our second best young player on the team.

Lol the Trailblazers are destined for 5 chips and Oden is going to be one of the greatest players ever!??

premature much?

XJW18
08-08-2008, 09:39 PM
portland without a doubt is the best of the group

Jimmy3702
08-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Warriors shud be #1.

Sixerlover
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
LMAO Rodney Carney on the Sixers and at PG no less? And no Lou Will?

Funny list

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
this article is not biased at all....LOL. good idea for an article can we get a better writer

pwest6
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM
this article is not biased at all....LOL. good idea for an article can we get a better writer

that's the only reason I posted it.

barreleffact
08-09-2008, 08:27 AM
he was somewhat correct. portland is incredibly beastly and COULD have at least 4 allstars. im more outraged about his mentioning dwight howard in memphis. can we at least be somewhat realistic. i mean, he couldnt have named anyone even remotely available? plus memphis shouldve been number 2 on the list and chicago...really?...number 2 for them. rose can be good maybe even great, but he has yet to play in the league, struggled in the summer league, is already injured, and plays teh hardest position to master...and everyone else he mentioneds is highly overrated. gordon is too short, deng is gud, but not as great as they make him seem, tyrus...who the eff is a tyrus thomas...really what has he done. and as much as i dislike noah...at least he can get you like 10 boards, but still they couldve ben top 5 but nowhere near 2

DaddyCool
08-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Horrible list..

Considering that Rodney Carney got traded over a month and a half ago from the 76ers.

They spelled Mareese Speights wrong too. :laugh2:

LakerzDQ
08-09-2008, 08:37 AM
This article is just horrible in the fact that he predicts Roy to be in the HOF and Oden to be one of the best ever is insane. The author is a 22 College wanna be, and ohh that makes sense, hes goes to Oregon. Not taking anything away from either player but wow to call all 8 on the list can be all-stars, and these quotes just blew me away

Portland-
"Unless something crazy happens, I don’t see how this team won’t obliterate the league in a historic way. If
all goes well, they should end up with at least five titles. It’s my belief that this team could end up as the greatest to ever be assembled. Ever."

"Roy will be in the Hall of Fame, Aldridge is underrated and determined to be great, and Oden may end up as one of the best players ever."

Ok Roy is a great player but comeon! and Oden has yet to play a damn game!

Chicago-
"They simply have too much talent not to be high on this list. Rose has already been voted into the hall of fame, and why not."

How is he majoring in Sports Journalism. isnt one of the main aspects of it to lack bias?
what a tool!

agreed. Roy is an all-star, but not a HOF. he hit his potential already, he can't get much better.

Greg Oden hasn't played a game in the NBA.

and my ***, they're gonna keep all their players on the team. what the hell? if they all become the players they're supposed to be, every single one of them is gonna request 10+ million per season. blazers have no business paying 100+ million per season for their team.

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
yea.portland is going to be a great nba team

homestarunner93
08-09-2008, 09:58 AM
They spelled Mareese Speights wrong too. :laugh2:

Hahaha, and so did you. You would think if you were going to criticize someone you would make sure you spelled it right. It is Marresse Speights.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

tryanpost
08-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Miami Heat!!!(Chalmers, Wade, Beasley,...)

Jayg1712
08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
How about the Wolves, their gonna be real in a few years

ugafan
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Horrible list..

Maybe because it's outdated?

Epic fail
You=Fail
Fail=Kitty
You=Kitty
You=Fail
etc.

njnets
08-09-2008, 08:57 PM
nets will be good. lebron would make them a championship conterder. if not, they will be average like he said.

Catfish1314
08-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I think a 14 year old Blazers fan wrote this list.

Sixerlover
08-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe because it's outdated?

Epic fail
You=Fail
Fail=Kitty
You=Kitty
You=Fail
etc.

They still have him listed as a point guard when he is a 2 /3 . Outdated or not, it is a bad list