PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the East

IndyFan
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Saw this and thought you might like to see it.

Ranking the East - Hoops World

The Boston Celtics returned the NBA Championship to the Eastern Conference and this summer teams are making moves to keep it there. HOOPSWORLD takes a look at the power rankings in the East with its current rosters.

1. Boston Celtics:

2. Cleveland Cavaliers:

3. Detroit Pistons:

4. Philadelphia 76ers:

5. Toronto Raptors:

6. Orlando Magic:

7. Washington Wizards:

8. Indiana Pacers:

9. Miami Heat: After the disaster that was last season, the Miami Heat have nowhere to go but up. They acquired Shawn Marion shortly before the trading deadline and used the number two pick in the Draft to select Michael Beasley. Add a healthy Dwyane Wade to the mix and you've got a formidable trio. However, they're not winning a title with Mark Blount as their center, let alone making the playoffs. Ditto for whatever inexperienced player will take the reigns at point guard. The Heat certainly have enough pieces to flight for the postseason, but they need to shore up those two weaknesses before they can recapture their championship-winning ways.

10. Atlanta Hawks:

11. Charlotte Bobcats:

12. Chicago Bulls:

13. Milwaukee Bucks:

14. New Jersey Nets:

15. New York Knicks:

Hoops World (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710)

:)

MiamiHeat
08-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Pacers infront of us?
you serious that list is a joke

Wade3
08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
I agree how are the Pacers better than us?

BALLER71
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
We are better than the Wizards and Pacers.
And Believe it or not, better than the Cavs.

danbola
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
All the rankings that come out this early are pretty pointless. There are still offseason moves to be made.

noturnormalhero
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
i'd have the Magic over the Raptors for one thing. The Pacers did upgrade in the offseason but with a healthy Heat team, despite the weak down low presence we have, i'd have us over them. i feel the Knicks would be better than the Nets and Bucks better than the Bulls. As of right now at least. Offseason trades and signings arent over. But yeah, Pacers over us is questionable without a doubt.

CaleX(RR)MIA™
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
we should of been in the 7-8 range

DQL
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't think the Cavs are that high. LeBron still doesn't have enough help. Besides him, I can't list any player. And Pacers infront of us :laugh2: But it's hard for a homer to put his team out of playoffs spot

LayZbone
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Guys, even though we will probably be in the 7-8 range, it wouldn't be fair to rank us there when we just finished having the worst record in the league.

greek miami hea
08-08-2008, 03:34 PM
We are better than the Wizards and Pacers.
And Believe it or not, better than the Cavs.

i definitely believe it

fins08
08-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Guys, even though we will probably be in the 7-8 range, it wouldn't be fair to rank us there when we just finished having the worst record in the league.

Makes sense.

wwwhat
08-08-2008, 06:03 PM
i'd have the Magic over the Raptors for one thing.
How? Jermaine O'Neal and Chris Bosh is one of the best front-court tandems in the league. Then there's Calderon who's a top-10 PG. The Magic are still basically the same team as last year without, arguably, their best on-ball defender in Dooling. Dwight's still the only big, Rashard Lewis could possibly break out but is still a rather small PF and won't help dominate the boards, Hedo is solid, but their backcourt is rather terrible.

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Saw this and thought you might like to see it.

Ranking the East - Hoops World

The Boston Celtics returned the NBA Championship to the Eastern Conference and this summer teams are making moves to keep it there. HOOPSWORLD takes a look at the power rankings in the East with its current rosters.

1. Boston Celtics:

2. Cleveland Cavaliers:

3. Detroit Pistons:

4. Philadelphia 76ers:

5. Toronto Raptors:

6. Orlando Magic:

7. Washington Wizards:

8. Indiana Pacers:

9. Miami Heat: After the disaster that was last season, the Miami Heat have nowhere to go but up. They acquired Shawn Marion shortly before the trading deadline and used the number two pick in the Draft to select Michael Beasley. Add a healthy Dwyane Wade to the mix and you've got a formidable trio. However, they're not winning a title with Mark Blount as their center, let alone making the playoffs. Ditto for whatever inexperienced player will take the reigns at point guard. The Heat certainly have enough pieces to flight for the postseason, but they need to shore up those two weaknesses before they can recapture their championship-winning ways.

10. Atlanta Hawks:

11. Charlotte Bobcats:

12. Chicago Bulls:

13. Milwaukee Bucks:

14. New Jersey Nets:

15. New York Knicks:

Hoops World (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9710)

:)

I agree with the top 4!!! Id have orlando at 5 Then miami at 6 Toronto at 7 and Atlanta at 8... Washington and pacers both suck. there not making it

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 08:20 PM
All the rankings that come out this early are pretty pointless. There are still offseason moves to be made.

well put

fins08
08-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Philly isn't great. Clips made playoffs once with Brand I beleive, I may be wrong, but he had a very good Corey Magette, a good Cassell, Kaman, Mobley. He has Igoudala and...?

daleja424
08-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Heres what I find interesting:

2. Cleveland Cavaliers: There is only one thing that makes the Cavaliers the second-best team in the East: LeBron James. Simply put, Bron Bron is one of the top-5 players in the NBA. Put almost any group of players beside him (see their championship run from two years ago) and James' team would succeed. With that being said, it doesn't hurt that the offensive (Delonte West, Wally Sczerbiak) and defensive (Ben Wallace) talent acquired in last season's late trade will have some more time to get acclimated to playing with King James.
vs.

So Lebron + nobody = 2, but Wade + Marion+ Beasley = 9???? HUH!!!???

Diehardheatfan
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
we will quiet everybodys mouth

greek miami hea
08-09-2008, 05:58 AM
we will quiet everybodys mouth

yea!!!!i am sure that we will do so!

DQL
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Heres what I find interesting:

vs.

So Lebron + nobody = 2, but Wade + Marion+ Beasley = 9???? HUH!!!???

sad but true. Wade has never been given enough credit. In everybody's mind, Wade=injury-prone, LeBron=God

MiamiHeat
08-09-2008, 02:07 PM
sad but true. Wade has never been given enough credit. In everybody's mind, Wade=injury-prone, LeBron=God

Lebron=King
King James?
which i think is :bs:
king of what?:rolleyes:

DQL
08-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Lebron=King
King James?
which i think is :bs:
king of what?:rolleyes:

King of queens :D

MiamiHeat
08-09-2008, 02:16 PM
King of queens :D

:clap:
http://i36.tinypic.com/28uu1i.gif

DQL
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
:clap:
http://i36.tinypic.com/28uu1i.gif

lmao thats hilarious :laugh:

Diehardheatfan
08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
check out the bucks thread just like this. They think they have a good team! LMAO!! They are trying to say they are better than us and are disrespecting our title year! Saying it was a fluke.

DQL
08-09-2008, 02:57 PM
check out the bucks thread just like this. They think they have a good team! LMAO!! They are trying to say they are better than us and are disrespecting our title year! Saying it was a fluke.

They have a good team? Maybe. They are better than us? No way. Wade will eat Redd alive, Marion will eat Jefferson alive. Blount will eat Bogut alive. haha jk

heatbb
08-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Nonono..give Bogut a little respect. :D Whatever they might say to us, Blount stinks anyway and at the C spot, they really are better than us.
Otherways, they will get destroyed. (Bucks were the only team, that last the season series to us last year?)

SwaggaIke
08-09-2008, 03:17 PM
Us being better than a healthy Washington team is laughable. I love the Heat, but we are not even close to them in talent, depth or chemistry.

DQL
08-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Us being better than a healthy Washington team is laughable. I love the Heat, but we are not even close to them in talent, depth or chemistry.

chemistry? what you mean?