PDA

View Full Version : which 2 will have a better rivalry?

KOBE24=NBA#
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
bynum v.s. oden:speechless:

oden v.s. howard;)

howard v.s. bynum:smoking:

blujaysrock
08-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Oden vs Howard will be insane

marlinsfan24
08-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Oden vs Howard.

I'm sorry, but I think Bynum is vastly overrated.

KOBE24=NBA#
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
dwight v.s. andrew because i think greg oden is going to be a bust but we will see. you people say ab17 is overrated well look at greg oden you people think he's like the next big thing when he hasn't played a minute in the nba while bynum at least proved himself alittle..

Mr.ATLHawks
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM
How has Andrew Bynum proven himself because he averaged 10 and 10 for half a season? Dwight Howard will own both of these bigs in the future. They all have similar size Dwight Howard is way more athletic then both of those guys. They are all raw offensively so this is a rather unentertaining rivalry. The Shaq and Timmy's are gone from the league. Where will the next dominant big man come from? Bynum been in the league what, 4 years now and this is all he has to show for it? Oden hasnt played but he aint been in the league 4 years either..Howard was a monster from day 1 out of high school just has been unable to progress in his low post moves. I am not sold on Oden either I have to watch him get off the floor he seemed to much like a Kwame Brown clone to me. So in summation I am not excited too much about any of these matchups as they arent the best/most dominant forces on their respective teams besides D. Howard, maybe in a couple years you can ask this again.

pebloemer
08-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Neither Oden or Bynum are close to where Howard is at this point. Howard seems a little misplaced in this group at the moment.

LakerzDQ
08-08-2008, 10:49 AM
How has Andrew Bynum proven himself because he averaged 10 and 10 for half a season? Dwight Howard will own both of these bigs in the future. They all have similar size Dwight Howard is way more athletic then both of those guys. They are all raw offensively so this is a rather unentertaining rivalry. The Shaq and Timmy's are gone from the league. Where will the next dominant big man come from? Bynum been in the league what, 4 years now and this is all he has to show for it? Oden hasnt played but he aint been in the league 4 years either..Howard was a monster from day 1 out of high school just has been unable to progress in his low post moves. I am not sold on Oden either I have to watch him get off the floor he seemed to much like a Kwame Brown clone to me. So in summation I am not excited too much about any of these matchups as they arent the best/most dominant forces on their respective teams besides D. Howard, maybe in a couple years you can ask this again.

Bynum's still 20 years old, as young as many rookies out there. 13/10 in the NBA is better than 16/10 in college.

don't you think?

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Odens and Bynums rivalry will begin on the very first day of the season. Can't wait.

laexpress
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Man, for everyone trying to salt our game of "next great center", please STOP IT!!! Sometimes, we have to suspend reality for the sake of a good debate. Bynum, Howard, Oden, Yao....there aren't really any other "back-to-the-basket" Beasts to speak of, so with all the talk of Bynum only playing well for half a year, or Oden not yet having proven himself....PUH-LEEZ!!!!! Howard is the best of them by far at the moment, but come on, dont tell me that your mouth isn't watering at the prospect of tim/dwight or bynum/oden or oden/duncan or big man match ups like that. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will say this though, those match ups will be more interesting if the big men are the primaries on each team. For LA, that'll be tough with Kobe in town, as will it be in Portland for a time with Roy and Aldridge there. Howard has things on Lock, and Tim is still the focus in San Antonio. Yao in Houston? Remains to be seen. I still dont think they use him enough. He needs to average close to thirty if you ask me.

frizbo72
08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Neither Bynum nor Oden will have the longevity of a career to compare to Dwight H. So he should be in with the big names like Yao not these make or break players.

RapsFan4Life
08-08-2008, 11:13 AM
bynum vs oden ... until either of these guys are fully proven they can not touch Dwight, DH is on a whole nother level then those rook's

Hellcrooner
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Marc Gasol Vs Bynum

Thatruth32
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Oden vs Howard will be insane

yup yup

HOZ THE KNICK
08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
oden vs howard for sure is going to be hot.

t mac and vick
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
t mac and kobe

Joshtd1
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I think it will be Oden vs Howard.

G-Funk
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Oden vs Howard.

I'm sorry, but I think Bynum is vastly overrated.

Bynum overated? when your overating Oden who hasn't played a single NBA game???? Makes sence.

cmellofan15
08-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Bynum vs. Oden just to see who is really going to be overrated so all the Lakers and Blazers fans will have something to discuss.

GSW fan
08-08-2008, 02:58 PM
bynum v oden only because their equal level.
Dwight is in his own world of beastliness

laexpress
08-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I think it's about to be a very interesting time for big men again if Oden and Bynum can be good players. They dont have to be Kareem/Wilt/Russell in order to make things interesting with Howard and Yao, but it would be nice. Afterall, Howard is not a defensive dynamo.

If they can make it Admiral/Hakeem/Ewing/Shaq good, then I can dig that.

pwest6
08-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Bynum vs Oden probably

LA_cabals
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Howard would dominate those two, it's not even a fair competition. Also Howard is in the East and might play each of them twice a year, whereas Oden and Bynum will see each other maybe 4 times a year.

Bynum and Oden:

WITHIN THE SAME DIVISION
similar in age
similar in size
similar skill sets

BleedPurple
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I dont know why people seem too think that Dwight is far better than Bynum.Yes, Iam a Lakers fan,but Howard only averaged 6pts and 4rebs more than Bynum and he played 10 more minutes a game.Bynum had a better FT% and FG% by far.Dwights numbers are more comparable to Kaman,and no Im not saying that Kaman is as good as Dwight,he is not.Dwights numbers were inflated last year because he has no competition in the east,the best center outside of Howard is Bogut.I will also add that Howard has NO FOOTWORK,thats something that Bynum does have.People who say that Drew is overrated are just Laker haters.He is the NEXT BIG thing.As far as Oden goes ,yeah he played great D..............in college.......not only that if he was sooooo great you would think that he could average more than 10 rbs a game....in college.Dont get me wrong.Howard is a great center.And I hope that Oden pans out because I want Bynum to have a nice rival for years.But, when all three of these players careers are over,Bynum will be better that the rest.

_Sn1P3r_
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Oden vs. Howard. They are both kinda the same player and it'll be fun to watch whether they could stop each other from dunking on one other.