PDA

View Full Version : The Top 10 PG's In The Game Today: List is done!

Mile High Champ
08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Top 10 pg's by your votes. Thanks everyone for voting in these polls. The top 10 list looks pretty accurate to me. The list would change maybe again after this season but for now these are the top 10 pg's.

1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Andre Miller is better then Calderon and Arenas.

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Well that's not what The List says so it's not true.

Zefflin
08-08-2008, 08:34 AM
That's a fairly accurate list. Baron and Chaunce should be switched.

Mile High Champ
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM

Get off miller already. Its very close, Calderon could easily be ahead of miller. Take it easy homer.

RapsFan4Life
08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
great list ... and im glad to see devon harris is not on that list, but he will be next year ... go jose !!! number 4 at the end of this season

blujaysrock
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Great list but Calderon is a little low,

sixers247
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
List seems good to me. And i agree about Devin Harris, he will be on that list for years to come.

Mr.ATLHawks
08-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Since when did Arenas become a point guard? If this is the case then why isnt Allen Iverson on this list? Jose Calderon...hmmm maybe Mo Williams or Rafaer Alston

marlinsfan24
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
List looks good, tho I still feel Parker should be higher, but thats okay.

innovator
08-08-2008, 09:37 AM
iverson is registered as SG, arenas is registered as PG
iverson starts SG for the nuggets, arenas starts PG for the wizards

dont you watch NBA?

Mile High Champ
08-08-2008, 09:46 AM

dont you watch NBA?

well said..

NYMetros
08-08-2008, 09:51 AM
List looks very solid. Not much that is wrong with it.

CubsBullsfan28
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
kidd and parker should be switched. im surprised that kidd is down to #6

Mr.ATLHawks
08-08-2008, 09:54 AM

dont you watch NBA?

LOL is this supposed to be funny? Registered where? Last time I checked on NBA.com its just says guard, foward or center... Lemme guess fantasy leagues? Ever played basketball? Ever heard of a combo guard? You know PG/SG Allen Iverson..you think he finished the 9th in Assists last year because he was strictly a shooting guard? And if you feel Arenas is a PG he belongs nowhere near that top ten b/c he is a selfish ball hogging SG, nothing PG about him except his size

innovator
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
do you see anyone laughing?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players?league=nba&position=pg - ESPN's list of PGs, NBA.com doesnt post the exact positions so i went for the 2nd most reliable nba website.

just because arenas doesnt get many assists that doesnt mean that he isnt a PG, their are 2 types of PGs A PASS FIRST PG and a SHOOT FIRST PG. Arenas is a shoot first PG.
a players position doesnt depend on the number of assists he gets, if a player doesnt get many assists that doesnt mean he isnt a PG and if a player gets many assists that doesnt mean he is a PG.
Rajon Rando and Derek Fisher only get 5.1 and 2.9 apg respectively, does that mean they arent a PG??? NO!
Lebron James gets 7.2 apg, does that means he is a PG? NO!

ewells20
08-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Gilbert Arenas has played all of his season's in the NBA as a Point Guard. By definition the point guard is one who is entrusted with running the offense. In other words, he is the one that moves the ball up and down the court and runs the plays. Gilbert does that. He is a scoring point guard but he still runs the offense. Same with Billups. He is also a scoring point guard but he runs the offense.

When a person talks about point guard now, they don't always say well he has to be pass first because thats not the case. I watch now and I see the analysts at the draft say well the guy didn't play point in college but he has the ability to be a point in the NBA and run the offense. That's a points primary job Running the Offense, not because he shoots first or passes first does it make him a PG.

Which is sort of where the term Point Forward came from. Lebron and Lamar Odom are two examples of this. they are forwards with the ability to run the point guard position but their teams don't play them at the point.

Skins4Life
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
LOL is this supposed to be funny? Registered where? Last time I checked on NBA.com its just says guard, foward or center... Lemme guess fantasy leagues? Ever played basketball? Ever heard of a combo guard? You know PG/SG Allen Iverson..you think he finished the 9th in Assists last year because he was strictly a shooting guard? And if you feel Arenas is a PG he belongs nowhere near that top ten b/c he is a selfish ball hogging SG, nothing PG about him except his size

u obviously dont watch nba basketball because gilbert arenas has been playing pg his whole carrer and allen iverson moved to sg when he went to the nuggets... ur feelings towards arenas doesn't change the fact that he is a pg like it or not and he has been whooping the hawks since he has been with the wiz...

ink
08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
do you see anyone laughing?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players?league=nba&position=pg - ESPN's list of PGs, NBA.com doesnt post the exact positions so i went for the 2nd most reliable nba website.

just because arenas doesnt get many assists that doesnt mean that he isnt a PG, their are 2 types of PGs A PASS FIRST PG and a SHOOT FIRST PG.

Shoot first and pass first are expressions. They're not formal distinctions about types of PG's. Pass first is a compliment, shoot first is almost always a diss. Example:

D-Will and Paul are both incredible. Kidd is a legend. What a great position to be in. So far, however, I think D-Will should be getting the majority of the minutes. Paul get's lost on zone defense a little too much, and D-Will has been destrying the zone. All three of those guys are incredible passers, so to the folks who say they are shoot-first guards, open your eyes.
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/beijing/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Chris-Paul-and-Deron-Williams-are-better-than-Ja?urn=oly,96069

Obviously the guy who posted this comment considers "shoot first" to be a diss.

Same with this one:

Michael C, CP and D-Will are not shoot first PGs. Chris Paul has stated in interviews that he rather pass the ball to a teammate and let him score than getting the points himself.

GSW fan
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
The true list IMO:
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Baron Davis
4) Steve Nash
5) Tony Parker
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Gilbert Arenas
8) Jason Kidd
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

phlp_bj
08-08-2008, 03:23 PM
thats a good list

JJ_JKidd
08-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Top 10 pg's by your votes. Thanks everyone for voting in these polls. The top 10 list looks pretty accurate to me. The list would change maybe again after this season but for now these are the top 10 pg's.

1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

Kinda accurate

ink
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Kinda accurate

Yeah I agree. I mean, we could all debate about the order here or there, but basically those are the top 10 PG's. Nicely done Mile High Champ! Good idea, and well run. :clap:

SportsFan1988
08-09-2008, 12:32 AM

That's not a fair comparison. It depends what type of point guard you're looking for in a player. If a team wants more of a team guy, then they'd go with Miller. If a team wants a go-to guy, #1 scorer, then Arenas would be the choice.

S.J.Basketball
08-09-2008, 12:40 AM

Speak on it! Gilbert is GARBAGE!

knicks religion
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
arenas should move up 5 spots

ArtVandelay
08-09-2008, 01:17 AM
i agree with the ten players who are on the list, only IMO deron is better than nash, but since nash shoots such a high fg, 3p, and ft%, its hard to argue. i also believe this time next year kidd will probably move down alot because of how his numbers have slipped since joining the mavs system. But i like how the list seems to go in order of which players really make their teams better. Good job, Mile High Champ!

bogdanrom
08-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Speak on it! Gilbert is GARBAGE!

Hater. How is a guy who made it to the All Star game three times. This is a guy who during the 2006 -2007 season was in the MVP race. Made both the All NBA 3rd Team and Al NBA 2nd Team.
So he talks some *******. Most NBA players do that, except Arenas has a blog and has the courage to say what he thinks. I'm not saying he is always right. Also lately he has toned it down. He even said that Calderon should have been in the All Star Game. And people hate him because he's building a million dollar pool. One word. HATERS!

Proof
http://www.nba.com/features/midseason07_arenas.html
http://hoopshype.com/players/gilbert_arenas.htm

NYK All the Way
08-09-2008, 01:40 AM
The true list IMO:
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Baron Davis
4) Steve Nash
5) Tony Parker
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Gilbert Arenas
8) Jason Kidd
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

I agree with this list, but tony parker and baron davis should switch and gilbert and chauncey should switch.

Dirty Dirk41
08-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Ill AGree those def are the 10 best point guards in the NBA...that just isnt the order at all