PDA

View Full Version : Diaw should start over Hill next season

amare#1
08-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I feel that Boris Diaw should start, and receive much more time than Hill in this upcoming season simply because he is much more productive than Hill. When Diaw gets decent minutes he usually does really well across the board, as seen in games 4 and 5 of last years first round in the playoffs against the Spurs where he got 40+ minutes in both games and got at least 20pts, 8rebs and 8asts. In my opinion, Diaw is one of the most versatile and underrated players in the league.He gives us much more size, as he is a more accomplished post player than Hill is now, while he can also run the point/distribute the ball as well as Hill can. I feel that he can do everything that Hill can do, better... at least at this stage in their careers. Unlike most people, i rekon that he deserves his $9 million dollar contract per year. I just feel that he is currently a wasted opportunity, as we are giving an old veteran like Hill much more time than a potential all-star like Diaw.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Grant Hill and believe that before his bout of injuries he quite possibly could've been the next MJ, but I just think that Diaw is much better than him at this stage in their careers.
I'd like to hear what everyone's got to say about these players and my opinion on them and where they should start next season.

Chronz
08-08-2008, 06:03 AM
I dont like the idea of basing a player potential based on 2 playoff games, as the teams starting SF I like Hill much more because Ive yet to see Diaw play as well as Hill has with Amare and Shaq.

J-Relo
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
I see some right in your post...

Last season Diaw didn't have the opportunity to start, but i think there was a reason for that... Also there was other coach too... So that may change...

amare#1
08-08-2008, 06:30 AM
I dont like the idea of basing a player potential based on 2 playoff games, as the teams starting SF I like Hill much more because Ive yet to see Diaw play as well as Hill has with Amare and Shaq.

Yeah fair call on the fact that he hasn't played nearly as well with Amare and Shaq as Hill has, but then again he still hasn't had the opportunity to as much as Hill has. The 2 playoff games aren't the only times when Diaw has got the job done, in 05-06 he was given 35 minutes all season and averaged 13ppg, 7rebs and 6asts. This was in only his third season as well... thats fair potential.

dodie53
08-08-2008, 06:56 AM
diaw lacks killer instincts.

and he should be in shape this coming season